Vitamin World

Vitamin World Employee Reviews

A learning place.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILMay 20, 2015
Your goal everyday was to help each customer with their supplement needs. You want them to maximize their supplemental needs to maximize their health.. That was a pleasurable experience.
Perfect first management job to wet my feet
Assistant Manager, Management (Former Employee), Blasdell, NYMay 11, 2015
I was assistant manager at Subway restaurants but this job really gave me a taste of what management was like. It tested my skills and forced me to learn some new ones.

Overall, i'd rate it highly.
Good, with room for improvment.
Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Monroe, MIMay 7, 2015
The job is rewarding and does have many benefits. However; the pay is lacking compared to what is expected of associates as well as managers.
Health and wellness to help everyday people.
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Lansing, MIApril 21, 2015
Flexible scheduling allows a great balance between work and family. That along with a very clean environment in which to work makes for a great employer.
Vitamin World
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee), Midland, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: pay
good manager and good environment if your all about nutrition and personal fitness. but the pay is not enough 8.00 an hour is not enough to make it in this town
A good job to start with
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, floridaMarch 22, 2015
Pros: good compensation, and knowlegede on nutritional products
Cons: reduce commission and unbalance team work.
Its a good base job to start with as you go by growing on sales and product knowledge on nutritional health. good compensation on sales and bonuses.

cons: Constantly changing hourly schedules
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: huge employee discount
The pay was reasonable and the job was fun. It requires a lot of learning of nutrition and supplements but i always enjoyed it!
My manager and co workers were fantastic and always right there to help me out when needed.
Fun and Upbeat! - Vitamin World -Wilmington NC
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCMarch 12, 2015
Pros: constant progressing, no income cap
Cons: no cons but you must be willing to work and work weekends.
The job was just a blast. Working with moms who wanted to be fit all the way to the body builder who needed to gain mass was just a fun rush. Being the assistant manager of Vitamin World I was able to create goals not just for myself, but for the staff to skyrocket our sales goals for the store.
Autonomy
Manager (Former Employee), Muncy, PAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: making my own schedule, working with customers
Cons: no cons. this job was the right thing at the right time
This was a fun job. I learned a lot about supplements, which, in retrospect, helped me understand how they work or don't work, how they may potentiate or counteract prescription meds, and how people use them. In a round about way, it also gave me insight into how customers felt about medicines, healthcare, and doctors. Because I was the manager, I was able to work weekends and still go full time to nursing school. It was hard, but I did it.
District managers tended to come and go, but I met some really good people at that job. I was also in charge of hiring so I could craft my support to suit the store's needs.
The most tedious part of the job was resetting displays. We moved product all the time and regular customers would get frustrated because they couldn't find anything.
Teams
Senior Store Manager (Current Employee), Central Valley, NYMarch 4, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: wages
I have worked for this company for years and have meet some great people along the way. I was able to build strong teams to help reach our goals
Productive, pay is low, fun
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee), CaliforniaMarch 1, 2015
Pros: benefits, customers, employess
Cons: pay raise
I've committed my life to vitamin world and my returning customers. Some days were hectic due to stress levels at work. Taking on a lot of responsibilities of a SM being a ASM. Its an amazing job, but the pay raise is way under. I know I could possibly making more somewhere else, there have been many friends blown away at how little I'm making being a ASM. You get wonderful benefits being a ASM or higher. That's probably one of the things that have kept me at vitamin world. I enjoy my current DM. There are many sale changes throughout the month. Awesome discounts!
Great discount and decent work
Store Manager (Current Employee), Washington, PAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: pay and a low ceiling in advancement
Vitamin world is a pretty good company to work for. The discount is awesome and, for me, advancement was pretty quick until you hit a store manager position. Repetitive work can become tedious after awhile
high volume and great co-workers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: paid time off, birthday pay, holiday pay
Cons: short breaks
Vitamin World was one of my best employment opportunities.The staff was a pleasure to work with. I learned something new everyday about health issues and products to use to help improve health. I focused making sales goal,loss prevention and cleanliness of store.
The hardest part of the job was learning the benefits of all the products. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to utilize what I learned at work in my everyday life skills. Also being able to give my friends and family advice that has been valuable.
Great work environment to enhance ones customer service skills
Nutritional adviser (Former Employee), Mebane, NCFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great benefits offered, amazing staff, driven company
Cons: the commute to and from work, wage cuts
The training process was very thorough and it allowed me to feel confident in the products I sold. I quickly learned how to open the store and get all the paperwork prepared for each day. The typical customer came in to improve their well being and my co-workers and I assisted each customer to help them acquire the items that would benefit them. Although there was a certain competitive drive for each employee we still helped each other out if one of us didn't have the full knowledge on something a customer wanted. The management was great and pushed us to be the best that we could be. The biggest takeaway from working this job is the patience and understanding that each customer is different and their needs should be met just as I would want my needs to be met. The hardest part of the job was not being able to answer certain medical questions that someone might have. Although we did offer products that helped certain issues we could not ensure or guarantee that the item they purchased would cure, fix, or reduce symptoms and issues. Overall i enjoyed working for this company.
Was my favorite job I could ever ask for.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ocoee, FlFebruary 11, 2015
This is the best place to work if you have a drive for fitness, nutrition and personal health and love affirmation of helping others reach their goals. HOWEVER if you have an issue politics play a large role here and you have to tough through it. There is some chance for advancement making this also Ideal if you are patient and want to pursue a career with a strong company.
Great for college students!!
Assistant Manager/Nutritional Advisor (Current Employee), Ridgeland, MSJanuary 29, 2015
Flexible hours, learn more about supplements and nutrition.
Highly Interactive
Sales Representative/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great products
Cons: management was sloppy
I enjoyed what I was talking about and loved that I was able to teach and inform. People would ask advise about what they needed to do in order to reach the desired goals. I liked that I was able to use my knowledge and training.

I was able to make in impact in this company that allowed me the opportunity to continue in a positive career path. Unfortunately, the management that promised me the soon to be promotions was offered better opportunities and left with company, the following management dismissed what was previously promised and brought in their own people from outside the company.
Decent
Store Manager (Former Employee), Hicksville, NYJanuary 2, 2015
Challenging but rewarding. Sales are number one above all.
Great training on products but constant pressure on stats and numbers is a real pain.
Store Manager (Current Employee), paDecember 15, 2014
Pros: training/learning the field
Cons: very bad pay, higher ups micromanage so much and only want numbers.
Great staff to work with once youre settled, but no room for advancement. They make us dress professional and want us to sell with passion and professionalism but pay us like burger flippers. They con u into saying u can make a certain amount of dollars extra per hour with sales which is complete lies because it has to do with what shifts you work. All the higher ups care about is numbers and not the reality of things. Depending on area your store is its very unlikely to move up to a great position where you can make a living. Company has a crazy turn over ratio for a reason due to very very low pay and butter u up by promising commissions and bonuses which are rare for most in my district due to sales goals that are just ridiculous with the decline of customers and traffic. Store managers honestly in our district only make about 10.50 to 13.00 an hour and maybe total on the good side low 20 thousand a year after factoring in commissions. Out of 15 stores in our district less than a dozen have been with the company for more than 3 years and some are part timers who work very little just to get their good supplement discount. Most store managers and assistants need a second full time job to make ends meet and because thats so hard to maintain most people quit. For a company whos praised on how deep their pockets are, they have some of the oldest and messed up computer systems from back in the early 90s as well as terrible pay structure. Raises are extremely rare where the company sets it up so that you dont meet or exceed expectations due to their numbers they want. When i started – more... with the company they had 5.5% commission where it was actually decent pay but year after year they cut the commission down more n more where now its 3% on our items and 1.5 on 3rd party brands while promising many items u can make 10% on but yet there hasnt been a week yet where those structures are as promised. They constantly cheat corners and steal money from employees and claim they would look into any commission issues but you will never hear back from them. They constantly send out coupons or have different and better online sales and dont let stores be aware of it and say we have to maintain an outrageous $45 per customer sale when most of the company cant even steadily stay at $35. Those coupons constantly set u up for failure and more n more yelling from up above because numbers arent there. They have so much loopholes in the system is not even funny. Ive worked retail for over 16 years and have never seen a company pay so little for their employees. They costantly claim we pay better than gnc or vitamin shoppe but get their figures by comparing our best stores nationwide to the competitors worst stores. I have so many friends who are into fitness who work for gnc or vitamin shoppe an we compare things and find out they get paid better than us minus all the stress and pressure. One thing i can say this company has taught me is all the product knowledge and to be careful with sneaky retailers like this. They dont care about holidays and threaten you if u dont work on holidays and open on days where literally they think customers will come in to shop n get busy. Most people dont go to vitamin stores on thanksgiving easter, labor day, memorial day but they still insist they will get busy. Year after year figures and sales show that they r losing money on holidays having people to show up to work. Many coworkers i worked with have to shut off cell phone plans because they have to save money somehow since pay here is real bad. Great job for students, but otherwise u honestly cannot make a living working here. Marketing has to be absolutely the worst ive ever seen, they claim to be the largest manufacturer in supplements yet people know gnc and vitamin shoppe more. Month after month they start rebranding or wasting money on bad ads or signs and because theyre losing money on that they continuously make up the losses by taking more money out of the associates pockets whether through commission or making you work off the clock. They get away with a lot of shady stuff and somedays youll be required to work an open to close 12-13 hour shift without any break. If u try to take a break and close doors for 10 15 minutes they write u up. This is a very very slow enviroment where they get average of 15-25 sales a day so its very limited on where u can make commission depending on which shift u work. Most managers know that so schedule themselves on peak hours so the rest like assistants or part timers make an additional .50 cents to 1 dollar extra if that an hour from commissions. They expect u to live around their schedule whether you r full time or part time stating meetings are mandatory and constantly threaten you. – less
Great co-workers and good environment to work in.
Second Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Blasdell, NYDecember 13, 2014
A normal day at work would include helping customers with their needs within seconds of walking in the door. I would let them know about any deals going on and explain anything they did not understand. Working in a vitamin shop with so many products, it is hard to learn about everything, but I did learn so much about most of the vitamins. My co-workers were fun and very informative when I had questions about certain products. The toughest part of the job was learning about the products and trying to keep all the products and their benefits straight. The most enjoyable part was helping people feel better and working with the people I did.

1 2 3 4 5

About Vitamin World

Nutrition starts at the source. This has been our philosophy ever since we opened our doors in 1976, and wellness has always been – Read more