Vitamin World Employee Reviews

Bad treatment of associates and high expectation
Part Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoJuly 6, 2017
We help customer with the products and give them advice about the product. Training is to repetitive and not very good. The commission can be good but with no product in the store we cannot make money and bring in the numbers. Hours have been getting cut a lot while the company try to save money. We still expected to sell more and do more with less hours. Too much cleaning and un necessary busy work that is expected from the district manager that takes up time from being able to properly assist the customer. There is to much favoritism in this area and the newer employees are treated and spoken to like small children. The job opportunity in PR has been difficult for some time but the employees should not be taken advantage for this. I'm not understand how this has been permitted for so long. The employees are people to and should be treated with respect. I have been looking for other employment oppurtunity
Pros
Employee Discounts and I learn a lot about the vitamins.
Cons
The hours get cut they no send products to the stores and they expect to much .
Healthy environment with a positive atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJune 29, 2017
I enjoy managing Vitamin World. They have offer great benefits such as tuition reimbursement and paid for my ISSA training certificate. The staff and customers are relatively always in a great mood wanting too learn more ways to keep themselves healthy.
Pros
Healthy environment
Cons
Standing on your feet all day
Great Place if you know your vitamins
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJune 27, 2017
I was an assistant store manager for the #1 store in the district 2010 and then took over my own store a year later and made it one of the best in the region. Base pay was not the best. $8 as an asst and $11 as a manager....but with commission and bonus I easily made $19-$21 an hour after. I highly recommend anyone looking to work for vitamin world to LEARN your vitamins and what side effects they can cause. I had more repeat customers by having the knowledge of telling people what they didnt need instead of what they needed. it's been 5 years since ive worked there and ive been told commission has changed but still I had alot of fun.
Pros
flexible hours, big discounts on stock, good pay if you work for your sales
Cons
the district manager showed up without warning
good
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 26, 2017
I liked working there. The only reason I left was I found a better paying job. The people that I worked with were great and so was the customers. I miss seeing them.
Not a great place of work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ellenton, FLJune 17, 2017
Vitamin world is not a place of work that I would recommend to anyone. Management is very unorganized and unprofessional. There is no communication from upper management to store/assistant managers. For the amount of work and training that is involved the pay is not worth your time either.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Fun learning atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Robinson, PAJune 14, 2017
Serve customers nutritional needs . I learned about many different herbs and natural remedies for keep a healthy and balanced life whether it's sports nutrition or joint support. The management was superb. The workplace environment was professional and friendly.. Most enjoyable part of work had to be successfully meeting customers nutritional needs and returning to me telling me that the product I advised was helping them in their every day life style.
Great benefits
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJune 14, 2017
Nice incentive but uses the employees to do all their marketing and advertising. Employee discount is amazing! Upper management needs a ton of work. Overall I truly did learn a lot about nutrition!
Don't do it to yourself!!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 10, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. The position says "store manager" but this is no even a management job. your just an associate with more responsibilities. It is like being a manager and associate at the same time. They expect you to organize the store, do visual mechanizing, do inventory; all while your selling. Your also by yourself all day without a break.This store is underdeveloped and they keep hiring people to fix it because is a complete mess. So, in top of learning all the product and management procedures, they expect you to clean and fix their inventory. They only give your six days training and most of the time the district manager is on the phone. In addition, if your off and someone calls out you have to come in and open the store yourself. The worst part is that they pay horrible for this position. you are better off being an associate somewhere else.
Pros
Cons
no break, low pay, by yourself all day
I like vitamin world
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHJune 8, 2017
When I start working at vitamin the mananger was really helpful, it didn't take that long to learn everything. I really like working at vitamin world and I feel like I could probably stay there for a while
you have to know vitamins!
2ND Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJune 8, 2017
it's a good place to work because you have a chance to help others live healthy. upper management is strict because of quotas you have to hit each shift
Pros
great employee discount
Cons
upper management

Want to know more about Vitamin World?

Ask a question
Great First Job
Assistant Manager/Salesman (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NC 27577May 26, 2017
Wouldn't expect to "pay the bills"with this job only if your really into supplements, the discount was lovely. Company definitely was unstable in what it required from employees. At times i felt like i was harshly underpaid and compensated for work that was done and asked of my self. I worked for this company for 3 yrs before offered a raise and even then i was barely $0.15 . I learned a lot about health and supplementation but nothing to beneficial other than the retail aspects of the job, lets be honest we're selling over priced vitamins so you'd have to be a skilled salesman to keep up especially with fellow associates competing for commission.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay
A great place to work!
Nutritional Advisor, Store Manager (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 25, 2017
I absolutely loved working for Vitamin World, as well as building relationships with my customers. The benefits were great, and the commission was rewarding! Loved my team, my manager, and my district manager!
Pros
Commission, benefits, lots of training, customer loyalty
It was very nice to work in a field that interests me
Customer Service, Sales, Inventory, Banking (Former Employee) –  Pismo Beach, CAMay 20, 2017
Vitamin World is fantastic as far as the manufacturing and quality of their product line, the corporate model was very organized and well thought out. They carry a wide variety of vitamins and supplements, and were fairly generous with their sales and pricing.
Pros
discounted nutritional supplements, opportunities to learn and advance, good chances for commission and or earning
Cons
inadequate manager, holiday hours
Great job that rewards good service
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 17, 2017
Great first job that will help you develop customer service skills, product knowledge, and overall communication skills. Great service is rewarded and pushes you to accomplish more.
Pros
Discount, incentives
Cons
strict sales goals, low base pay
Good company overall
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLMay 3, 2017
The job is easy to learn, and the pays better than other entry level jobs. If you enjoy sales and fitness its very satisfying. The downside, their a small company with few locations which leaves little room for advancement and its usually only part-time.
Pros
Being able to help people, help themselves
Cons
Not many hours, Traffic depends on location
Sales Associate
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 3, 2017
My job entailed knowing all of the ingredients and benefits of the products/vitamins/supplements we were selling. Answered numerous questions to walk ins and clients that called in asking for advice on specific products.

The job required a lot of research on all of our products.
Pros
Good sales experience
great work place environment to learn about health and supplements
2nd Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, NYApril 26, 2017
Overall was a great business to work for only problem was getting overlooked for advancement in the company. Some times it's hard to remember what certain supplements help aid in but they have the tools to help you get by
Pros
learning about supplements to better health
Cons
very slow on given days. sometimes short staffed
not a good company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 19, 2017
not much to say about this company, its all about the sales and what you can get the customer to buy, it's a commission store so just like GNC or any other Commission Retail Store, it's all about the lies you can feed a customer to get them to buy the product. What's sad about this place is that the product is what you put in your body and no one in the store is a doctor or pharmacist, but they will recommend you buy vitamins, pills, powders etc etc etc.

No regards for customers from the company. The people working at store levels, well they need to work, they are not the owners so thay have to do whatever corporate office tells them to do.
Pros
discount on some products worth using
Cons
corporate office and ethics and values
Fun place to work, pay could be better
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, NYApril 19, 2017
I worked my way up from PT to eventually managing. It's a great place to work. The customers get to really know you, and you get to really know them! The advancement to store manager is obtainable if that's something you're interested in. (I was with the company less than a year before moving up from PT to First Assistant to Manager) Above that, it's hard to advance to a position higher than SM (DM, RD) The atmosphere is great and there's a lot of flexibility when it comes to scheduling/time off requests. Yes, the pay could be better but the job isn't difficult and it's not like "working". I have fun at work and my staff is like family to me. The pay isn't a huge deal to me because everything else is great. Most people say you love your job 60% and hate it 40%. At Vitamin World, it's more like a 90% love and 10% stress/dislike.
Pros
flexibility, relaxed, fun
Cons
benefits aren't great, pay is less than average- espcially for management!
Difficult management
Retail Salesperson (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 12, 2017
I worked there for about a year. I was given ample opportunities to learn about the products. The slow time of the day was perfect to do the learning. However, the manager would dominate when at work. Since a lot of the money the sales associate make is commission based, the manager would virtually steal that benefit when they were at work. The manager would give the sales associate the job of stocking and cleaning the shelves while the manager would do all the sales. This was bad because many times it was so slow that you could barely make any sales and of course that would reflect on your review status. Also, the manager demanded that you do not do any cell phone use on the floor. That is fine, but when I returned to the store after leaving the company that same manager seemed to allow other sales associates that right. It showed to be inconsistent rules and poor management's enforcement of the rules.
Pros
learned a lot about supplements
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vitamin World. Our community is ready to answer.