Vitamin World

Vitamin World Employer Reviews

Enjoyable and wonderful hands on experience with selling
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 21, 2014
At Vitamin World, I was tested on my knowledge of their products. Then was able to sell the products and educate my customers. I love being able to be personable with the customers, and I especially loved keeping up with all my regulars. I got a lot of joy when the customers would come back bragging on how well the product is working for them. I have – more... learned an exceptionable amount of information on different herbs, minerals, amino acids, nutrition, pre- and post-workouts, and vitamins. – less
Good entry-level management position, but the company is going backwards.
Store Manager (Former Employee), New JerseyAugust 13, 2014
Pros: learn about supplements, great pay for part timers, great entry-level management job, customer base is usually good, work with nice people
Cons: low pay for store managers, benefits are pricey, no room for growth beyond sm, company not moving in the right direction (in my opinion)
I managed two different stores for almost five years there. My DM was fantastic, but then again, I did my job. Those who complain about their management are typically lazy. If you do what you're supposed to do and have some semblance of selling skills, your DM will leave you alone. I enjoyed my store and my staff, and my customers (for the most part). – more... It's a great way to get into store management because once you learn how, the store practically runs itself. Loved learning about supplements too. Feels rewarding when customers tell you about their good experience with something.

Biggest issue is that the company as a whole is turning toward a selling model that hasn't worked since the 1950s. Consumers don't favor one-on-one customer service anymore, they want value. 9 out of 10 people will laugh in your face for trying to get their name in a conversation at a vitamin store. Your DM oversells a customer, "shows you how to do it", and then the customer returns the product the next day when the DM is gone. VW needs to get back to basics, and instead of hiring robots that know how to read scripts, they need to get people that know how to sell product. Not following the company's selling scripts I always beat their goals and exceeded expectations.

And as I said before, entry-level at best. There is a HUGE gap between store manager and district manager (which is logically your next step), and the company is structured in a way that allows very little room for growth beyond store manager unless you're there for 10 years or more. And if you're like me, by the time you hit 24 and want to move on with your life, hourly pay plus commission is not enough to support yourself (or a family) on.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my job but moved on at the right time. – less
Amazing place
Assistant Manager (seasonal) (Former Employee), Beavercreek, OHAugust 13, 2014
When opening, would make sure all sales for the day are current. The last nights deposit was good, management was amazing to work for, hardest part was convincing every customer to step in, most enjoyable is knowing a program is going to be used to change someones life for the better.
Horrible compensation for ANY management position.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), LouisannaAugust 11, 2014
Pros: laid back environment
Cons: compensation is that of a high school associate pay
This company is the worst paying company for management being it an assistant manager or store manager. The company makes it out that the commission and bonus paid is worthwhile and it could be if the stores were making plan and making goal. Over 75% of the stores have not made goal since January which means management doesn't bonus. The company saturates – more... the markets with coupons so much that customers stock up for months and foot traffic is very light in the stores. $12 an hour for a SM position company wide regardless of your experience is degrading in my opinion. However you if your looking to get into the health and wellness industry, it's a good start. – less
a nice homeopathic store...
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Concord, CAAugust 9, 2014
a typical work day consisted of greeting customers and helping with their purchases and what ailment they may be shopping for. great knowledge on the products we sell and how they may interfere with what a customer may be taking was always a plus. we worked on commission, and it just a fun well mannered place to work.
Assisting customer's with their needs
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 8, 2014
Pros: besides more money, there are bigger discounts, better benefits, more vacation time and sometimes even bonuses.
Cons: tough decisions, more workd and pressure
Deal with comments, questions or complaints from employees or customers while consistently monitoring customer service. Responsible for meeting monthly targets established for product budgets and labor costs.
Learning about different Vitamins and Herbs
Sales associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge VAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: learning new things
Cons: not enough time on the job like i would like.
I make every job experience interesting and fun, Its a great work place but not enough hours for there employees.
Not a work for a life time
vendedor (Current Employee), Cayey. Puerto RicoJuly 30, 2014
Pros: good training
Cons: not pro-employ
In Vitamin World we learn a lot on anything to do with maintain a quality with clients and now how to work with supplements and there benefits for every aspect of my life
Good place to get my feet wet.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Chester, PAJuly 30, 2014
I learned a lot about vitamins and supplements. It was a good starting point.
Understanding Health and Customer Needs
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOJuly 2, 2014
Pros: learning about the different things that can ensure better health for everyone, interaction with customers to help them acheive their goals
Cons: commision based
Making sure that all supplements, herbs, vitamins, and minerals are available. Checking payroll and other manager responsibilities before the work day actually gets going. More so with this position I was the lone associate in the store educating and helping customers achieve there goals.
Great Resume Filler
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Johnson City, NYJune 27, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay rate
Great entry level management position. Volume for this specific store was low. Obviously, this will vary from region to region.
Very laidback
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Moline, ILJune 18, 2014
One word AWESOME. I would love to go back. Great benefits and staff is fun to be around
Retail Experience
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), MT Pleasant SCJune 18, 2014
This was my first sales job. I was able to gain a lot of knowledge and passion in the supplement and health industry. It is very difficult however to advance with this company.
Fun and exciting place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 28, 2014
Fun and exciting place to work.
I was always learning and expanding my knowledge of the products that I sold.
I really enjoyed the interaction with every customer and being able to advise them about products that are important to them and making their shopping experience a happy one.
retail is retail, great work if just looking at making a paycheck
Area Retail Manager (Former Employee), howell, miMay 20, 2014
no advancement opportunities, and very little raise or pay increase opportunities
Productivity is amazing every day
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), PRMay 13, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breaks
Every day all is sales and organization.
All day is learned because every day is different.
I like the managment because every day is new
I learning for may co-workers because I like help the people.
Maintance the average for sales and Unit per transaction.
I enjoy the sales.
At times a little crazy
Commissioned Sales Associate (Former Employee), Merritt Island, FLMay 7, 2014
Overall not the best but by far not the worst.Headquarters would sometime get behind or too far out ahead of them selves.Everyone there was great to work with.Last minute changes are ok but hard when they are just at closing time.
First Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAMay 3, 2014
Pros: weekly pay and discounts
Cons: retail hours
Overall it is a good place to work if you like retail and can handle hitting your daily sales goals. Its fun working with customers and making sure they get the right product. If you are a good salesperson you can make decent money and the company does provide you with benefits. Only downside is the retail hours.
Good general company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Monroeville, PAMay 1, 2014
Its a great company to work for. You not only receive employee benefits but an employee discount which was a very nice one. The company also sends out holiday gift cards as a thank you for your service. If you get put into a location with low traffic it is hard to get noticed to move up in the company.
Products
1rst Assistant Manager (Former Employee), SanfordApril 19, 2014
I love to eat clean and healthy.
Working at Vitamin World I learned the proper nutrients I should be putting in my body.
I was the First Assistant Manager at the store.

1 2 3 4 5

About Vitamin World

In our fast-paced world, it's important to remember to take your vitamins. A subsidiary of NBTY, Vitamin World operates more than – Read more

Vitamin World Photos