Vitamin World Employee Reviews in United States

Opportunity to grow and self manage
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 24, 2016
• Recorded and prepared store’s sales report, invoice and audit to be submitted to district supervisor for review and evaluation daily
• Trained, developed and assessed performance of sale associates, their product knowledge and operation skills in order to provide outstanding customer service
• Acted as a store key holder; responsible for opening and closing shop and safe’s security
• Controlled store’s stock and back order; took inventory, made adjustments and ordered missing products
Fun
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 8, 2016
Loved helping people get healthier and find the right supplements and vitamins. Also pay was amazing and commission was great to have.
Pros
Healthier living
Cons
slow at times
boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMay 31, 2016
it was ok experience very low pay and pretty boring job not really much to do not much growth pretty dead end job. i worked there when i was younger and i was into fitness and i thought it was great experience but it got boring after ahwhile.
Vitamin World Review
ASSISTANT MANAGER - SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 24, 2016
Throughout my time at Vitamin World I have learned a lot about health and supplementation. There are good programs in place to learn and advance your knowledge. I also currently work under a very knowledgeable manager, in which I have learned a lot from over the past year. I have also significantly improved my communication skills and basic understanding of management. Every day at work I assist various people from all different kinds of backgrounds and have found great pleasure in helping these people. I assist the manager every day in various tasks to help keep track of sales, productivity and conversion numbers, and also send in sales numbers to Vitamin World Accounting.

A typical day at work consists of counting the draw and preparing the store for opening, filling out our monthly sales log, and preparing the daily sales envelope. Once these tasks are completed and the store is open, I assist any customers who visit our store and try to help build them a personal solutions plan to meet their goals. Throughout the day I also respond to emails, clean and re-stock the store, and do inventory checks.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with new decrease in hours and now there is more time of there only being one employee in the store at times. This can make it hard on busier days to greet and help each customer. Easily the most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers on a daily basis and seeing them return with satisfaction.
Pros
Fun work environment, helping people
Cons
Decreased commission, decreased hours, little room for advancement and pay increase
Enjoyed assisting customers with health concerns.
Retail Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, AZMay 8, 2016
Informed customers on health related concerns and supplements.
Shelf prices were changed every other day (approx. 10 -20 items).
From 50 - 80% of shelf prices were changed every two to three
weeks.
Coupons and sale items changed every two to three weeks which
created dissatisfaction and irritation for customers.

Almost one third of customers returned items due to elaborate
company return policy.

I truly enjoyed informing customers on their health needs which led to additional sales.
Flexible schedule and easy to move up in the company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, IL 60462April 23, 2016
The company vitamin world is an easy one to move up in. Withing my first six months I went from a normal salesmen to assistant manager. The schedule is very flexible if an employee goes to school or has a second job.
Pros
Large employee discount
Cons
Middle management, and useless job tasks
Fast paced work place, always something new to learn.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIApril 7, 2016
When I started there I thought it was a pretty nice job, after some time there I learned other wise. The hours weren't consistent, we didn't get lunch breaks so had to try to eat when it was kind of slow and hoped nobody came in. One day a regional manage came in letting us know how well we were doing, telling us all our numbers were moving up from the disaster previous management left behind. 3 weeks later they come back to let us know that our location was being closed down and the big closing sale started the day after Christmas.
Pros
Base pay + commission.
Cons
No breaks, small work group
eh
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 6, 2016
Loved the pto/vacation set up but did not love revolving door of upper management. Went through 3 DMs in 2 years. They're shutting down locations at an alarming rate.
The best job I have ever had it prepared me for so many other things in my life.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 25, 2016
I enjoyed working here the best job I have ever had I wish I could go back. The money was great and health benefits. The day by day was easy the customer were my favorite.
Pros
great discount
Cons
bad managers
Great job for those intreested in health and fitness
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAMarch 21, 2016
I enjoy working here. I have a nice boss and a nice coworker. They provide pretty flexible hours. I don't like the sales part of the job because you need to keep up with your average sale with customers and I'm not a pushy kind of person.
over all decent place to work for i would go back.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHFebruary 27, 2016
the company over all isn't bad, their expectations are difficult some times to maintain due to the massive amount of coupons that they give out but as long as you drive sales and add on its not hard at all to maintain.
the company seems to be going down hill fast they closed 4 locations including mine while I was working with them. they have very lazy mgnt teams as well. but over all it was a good job.
Pros
extremely easy job
Cons
company is closing many stores
very great job
Asociado de Ventas (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRFebruary 25, 2016
is one of the best job i have . i learn every i now about sales associate. i have the opportunity to teaching a team . i like work with team .
na
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 8, 2016
The company is ok. It could have more up to date technology. Im on the management staf, but some people should not be in the position they are in.
Great Company
Sales and Health Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJanuary 18, 2016
Excellent company. Hardworking people, motivated and driven. Pay was good and employee concerns are met. Managers and staff are fun to work with.
Positive experience with great coworkers and management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 18, 2016
I loved working in such a healthy environment where my coworkers as well as manager created a positive and motivational atmosphere. The hardest part of the job would be when a customer bashed the information we provided or came in with false information from outside sources. Over all it was a great experience and felt amazing to help people reach their health goals. The best part was having customers return to thank you for all the help after having tried a system you recommended. Extremely rewarding.
Pros
rewarding, health oriented, fast paced, fun environment if you love nutrition, I was lucky enough to have a very morally straight manager who would stick up for us
Cons
most of upper management runs strict, at some points it was more sales driven rather than customer satisfaction oriented.
Great job to further expand your knowledge on supplements and how to deal with people in general
Vitamin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 15, 2016
Working at vitamin world was a great learning experience
I learned how to handle all kinds of people and how to treat each individual
I learned much about their supplements
Co workers were the kindest people I have met
The hardest part id say was dealing with annoyed or irritated customers
the most enjoyable part was the learning process and the supplement discounts
Pros
Learning experience and a lot of discounts
Cons
Dealing with people who are mad or irritated
Good job
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day at work was stocking shelves and managing the back stock room. I learned how to organize better and at a fast pace. The management was good and the coworkers were great. The hardest part of my job was not much. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with.
Pros
Great place
Slow Busines
assistant manager retail (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CADecember 7, 2015
This company could use better marketing. It was usually very slow during the day yet they still expected you to make numbers. Even tho they did nothing to boost advertising for the store.
Pros
75% discount
Cons
under compensation
Help others
Nutritional Advisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2015
I enjoy helping people to determine there needs. I have also learned a lot about supplements for health and sports nutrition.
Pros
Comission
Cons
Do not always allow time for breaks.
Loved working there would still be there
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 6, 2015
Great place to work the training was great very organized room for advancement would still be there if the district manager did not want to replace store management with GNC former employees
Pros
great company
Cons
district manager