Vitamin World Employee Reviews

Great First Job
Assistant Manager/Salesman (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NC 27577May 26, 2017
Wouldn't expect to "pay the bills"with this job only if your really into supplements, the discount was lovely. Company definitely was unstable in what it required from employees. At times i felt like i was harshly underpaid and compensated for work that was done and asked of my self. I worked for this company for 3 yrs before offered a raise and even then i was barely $0.15 . I learned a lot about health and supplementation but nothing to beneficial other than the retail aspects of the job, lets be honest we're selling over priced vitamins so you'd have to be a skilled salesman to keep up especially with fellow associates competing for commission.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay
A great place to work!
Nutritional Advisor, Store Manager (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 25, 2017
I absolutely loved working for Vitamin World, as well as building relationships with my customers. The benefits were great, and the commission was rewarding! Loved my team, my manager, and my district manager!
Pros
Commission, benefits, lots of training, customer loyalty
It was very nice to work in a field that interests me
Customer Service, Sales, Inventory, Banking (Former Employee) –  Pismo Beach, CAMay 20, 2017
Vitamin World is fantastic as far as the manufacturing and quality of their product line, the corporate model was very organized and well thought out. They carry a wide variety of vitamins and supplements, and were fairly generous with their sales and pricing.
Pros
discounted nutritional supplements, opportunities to learn and advance, good chances for commission and or earning
Cons
inadequate manager, holiday hours
Great job that rewards good service
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 17, 2017
Great first job that will help you develop customer service skills, product knowledge, and overall communication skills. Great service is rewarded and pushes you to accomplish more.
Pros
Discount, incentives
Cons
strict sales goals, low base pay
Good company overall
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLMay 3, 2017
The job is easy to learn, and the pays better than other entry level jobs. If you enjoy sales and fitness its very satisfying. The downside, their a small company with few locations which leaves little room for advancement and its usually only part-time.
Pros
Being able to help people, help themselves
Cons
Not many hours, Traffic depends on location
Sales Associate
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 3, 2017
My job entailed knowing all of the ingredients and benefits of the products/vitamins/supplements we were selling. Answered numerous questions to walk ins and clients that called in asking for advice on specific products.

The job required a lot of research on all of our products.
Pros
Good sales experience
great work place environment to learn about health and supplements
2nd Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, NYApril 26, 2017
Overall was a great business to work for only problem was getting overlooked for advancement in the company. Some times it's hard to remember what certain supplements help aid in but they have the tools to help you get by
Pros
learning about supplements to better health
Cons
very slow on given days. sometimes short staffed
not a good company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 19, 2017
not much to say about this company, its all about the sales and what you can get the customer to buy, it's a commission store so just like GNC or any other Commission Retail Store, it's all about the lies you can feed a customer to get them to buy the product. What's sad about this place is that the product is what you put in your body and no one in the store is a doctor or pharmacist, but they will recommend you buy vitamins, pills, powders etc etc etc.

No regards for customers from the company. The people working at store levels, well they need to work, they are not the owners so thay have to do whatever corporate office tells them to do.
Pros
discount on some products worth using
Cons
corporate office and ethics and values
Fun place to work, pay could be better
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, NYApril 19, 2017
I worked my way up from PT to eventually managing. It's a great place to work. The customers get to really know you, and you get to really know them! The advancement to store manager is obtainable if that's something you're interested in. (I was with the company less than a year before moving up from PT to First Assistant to Manager) Above that, it's hard to advance to a position higher than SM (DM, RD) The atmosphere is great and there's a lot of flexibility when it comes to scheduling/time off requests. Yes, the pay could be better but the job isn't difficult and it's not like "working". I have fun at work and my staff is like family to me. The pay isn't a huge deal to me because everything else is great. Most people say you love your job 60% and hate it 40%. At Vitamin World, it's more like a 90% love and 10% stress/dislike.
Pros
flexibility, relaxed, fun
Cons
benefits aren't great, pay is less than average- espcially for management!
Difficult management
Retail Salesperson (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 12, 2017
I worked there for about a year. I was given ample opportunities to learn about the products. The slow time of the day was perfect to do the learning. However, the manager would dominate when at work. Since a lot of the money the sales associate make is commission based, the manager would virtually steal that benefit when they were at work. The manager would give the sales associate the job of stocking and cleaning the shelves while the manager would do all the sales. This was bad because many times it was so slow that you could barely make any sales and of course that would reflect on your review status. Also, the manager demanded that you do not do any cell phone use on the floor. That is fine, but when I returned to the store after leaving the company that same manager seemed to allow other sales associates that right. It showed to be inconsistent rules and poor management's enforcement of the rules.
Pros
learned a lot about supplements
Cons
management
kinda not really
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 11, 2017
this company will go out of business in 10 years or lest. the was a lot of upper management changing while I was there and bad choses by the new CEO..
Pros
good sups
Cons
its a pretty good job
easy work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 5, 2017
It was a cool place to manage and there were a lot to learn about supplements. I was able to pick up the knowledge quick to maximize my sales. All in all great place to work.
Bad
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 30, 2017
Cut commissions, inconsistency with the corporate office. The most incompetent company I have ever worked for. Ran like a group project in a high school class
A Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAMarch 18, 2017
This is a sales based job. If you like to help people with bettering their lives then the sales will come naturally to you. You will be responsible for assisting in keeping up with inventory and there will be times when you are the only one in the store. But overall you are never scheduled for something that cannot be handled.
It was okay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 16, 2017
The job was just okay. The work place culture was slow. The hardest part about the job it was very competitive sales and I wasn't passionate about the brand.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 14, 2017
Furthering my knowledge of fitness and health while helping consumers to achieve there goals in highly competitive industry that prides itself on helping others.
Pros
Learning Fitness and Health
Boring stress for no reason
Manager (Former Employee) –  Maryland Park, MDMarch 11, 2017
I will never recommend no one for this job upper management don't listen to the people and they tell you we don't hold a gun to your head to work here sad😳🙁😡😤💩
Pros
Cons
Commission sucks
Good work environment and experience.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 1, 2017
A typical day would consist of organizing the products on our shelves, assisting customers with a variety of health concerns or issues they brought to our attention.

I learned a lot about the human body, medicines, herbs and supplements that the vitamin industry offers.

The management at the time was very helpful and flexible with my schedule. There was never any issues with them.

The hardest part of that job was learning about everything we had to offer our customers. There was a tremendous amount of products and learning what each one did, took some time to memorize.

The most enjoyable part of working this job, was learning about the human body and treatments that are available. I have a huge interest in the anatomy field, while working here expanded my knowledge and proficiency at learning how to treat an ailment.
Pros
Learning Potential
Cons
Customer Base
Great place
Assist Manager (Former Employee) –  Gretna, NEFebruary 22, 2017
The job was one of my favorites the customers were the best !!!!!!!!!!!! The company treated their employees very well . And there was always new product to read about.
Pros
Casual dress
Cons
Corp closed the gretna store
Good Learning
Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Good Learning about management store, but they always think that employees are stealing. I got promoted at my 3rd month
Pros
Manage my schedule and good employee discount
Cons
Few employees per store

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vitamin World. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval