Vitamin World

Vitamin World Employer Reviews

Good place to get my feet wet.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Chester, PAJuly 30, 2014
I learned a lot about vitamins and supplements. It was a good starting point.
Understanding Health and Customer Needs
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOJuly 2, 2014
Pros: learning about the different things that can ensure better health for everyone, interaction with customers to help them acheive their goals
Cons: commision based
Making sure that all supplements, herbs, vitamins, and minerals are available. Checking payroll and other manager responsibilities before the work day actually gets going. More so with this position I was the lone associate in the store educating and helping customers achieve there goals.
Great Resume Filler
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Johnson City, NYJune 27, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay rate
Great entry level management position. Volume for this specific store was low. Obviously, this will vary from region to region.
Very laidback
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Moline, ILJune 18, 2014
One word AWESOME. I would love to go back. Great benefits and staff is fun to be around
Retail Experience
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), MT Pleasant SCJune 18, 2014
This was my first sales job. I was able to gain a lot of knowledge and passion in the supplement and health industry. It is very difficult however to advance with this company.
Fun and exciting place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 28, 2014
Fun and exciting place to work.
I was always learning and expanding my knowledge of the products that I sold.
I really enjoyed the interaction with every customer and being able to advise them about products that are important to them and making their shopping experience a happy one.
retail is retail, great work if just looking at making a paycheck
Area Retail Manager (Former Employee), howell, miMay 20, 2014
no advancement opportunities, and very little raise or pay increase opportunities
Productivity is amazing every day
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), PRMay 13, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breaks
Every day all is sales and organization.
All day is learned because every day is different.
I like the managment because every day is new
I learning for may co-workers because I like help the people.
Maintance the average for sales and Unit per transaction.
I enjoy the sales.
At times a little crazy
Commissioned Sales Associate (Former Employee), Merritt Island, FLMay 7, 2014
Overall not the best but by far not the worst.Headquarters would sometime get behind or too far out ahead of them selves.Everyone there was great to work with.Last minute changes are ok but hard when they are just at closing time.
First Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAMay 3, 2014
Pros: weekly pay and discounts
Cons: retail hours
Overall it is a good place to work if you like retail and can handle hitting your daily sales goals. Its fun working with customers and making sure they get the right product. If you are a good salesperson you can make decent money and the company does provide you with benefits. Only downside is the retail hours.
Good general company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Monroeville, PAMay 1, 2014
Its a great company to work for. You not only receive employee benefits but an employee discount which was a very nice one. The company also sends out holiday gift cards as a thank you for your service. If you get put into a location with low traffic it is hard to get noticed to move up in the company.
Products
1rst Assistant Manager (Former Employee), SanfordApril 19, 2014
I love to eat clean and healthy.
Working at Vitamin World I learned the proper nutrients I should be putting in my body.
I was the First Assistant Manager at the store.
Be careful if you don't sale. You will get written up....
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCApril 9, 2014
This job was a waste of time. I mean the company as a whole is a joke. I mean they want you to sale an average $32.00 to every custom that come into the store and if you don't you will get write up every time.
if you are not a goal oriented person and like low volume sales this is the company for you
Store Manager (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 27, 2014
Pros: lots of time for customer service
Cons: upper management interaction and training on policies
Typical day was reading email for updates/price changes
paperwork ( very little )
cleaning shelves looking for dated products
Customer interaction
Was a very slow work environment lots of down time .
Great working with customers, however the environment is not up to expectation
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bellport, NYMarch 21, 2014
Pros: discount on vitamins, commission
Cons: management
My typical work day is to provide every customer with the proper supplements/vitamins they need to satisfy them. I work hard and have knowledge on almost every vitamin in the store to ensure I give our customers the correct supplements, which best suites them. I am looking for another job because of management and shortness of hours every week.
Good work environment with plenty of encouragement
Customer Service (Former Employee), Bohemia, NYMarch 15, 2014
Pros: supportive co-workers and management
Cons: pay rate.
I would rate this company a good starter job for an introduction into the work place. I was provided training and offered plenty of opportunity to learn other aspect of the job. When I broke my hands the staff was supportive and encouraging.
Sales Driven Position Learned Aspects of Small Business
Assistant Store Manager, Interm Store Manager (Current Employee), Jackson, NJMarch 14, 2014
Vitamin World is a fun place to work but has a lot of short comings. The knowledge I have learned in my time working here has been great, as well as learning how to control business in a small volume store.With a average staff of only 4 people each associate gets a good amount of management experience and you get to know your coworkers pretty well. – more... The down side to working here is despite the stores being lower volume high sales numbers are always required and you can be terminated for not making them regardless of the circumstances. The other major downside to working here is the lack of room to move up in the company. There are very few store manager positions for anyone to move into and if you are able to move into that position you are even more limited in your growth. I do enjoy being able to help people better their heath and help them attain goals, whether its losing weight, getting certain health requirements in check its definitely a good experience. – less
Productive and enjoyable
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Woodbridge , VaMarch 6, 2014
Pros: good breaks, good discount, and good customer service experience
Cons: no benefits if you work less then 32 hours per week, no fixed schedules
A typical day would include interacting with customers and finding solutions' to their personal health concerns , making a positive difference . Training on the product and learning about different way to supplement the body . Management and co-workers made work fun and a great environment . The hardest part of the job would be learning all the product – more... , it pays off in the end . – less
Educated about health
Assistant Manager 2nd key (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: training about health and well-being
I have been educated about the various supplements and herbs that are beneficial for the body. Also, the training about the effects of this supplements and how they counteract with prescription drugs and any health issues the customer has.
Review
Floor Salesman (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: discounts for products
Cons: very limited selling ability.
Fun job. Learned about well being of the human body. It was good for a college student.

1 2 3 4 5

About Vitamin World

In our fast-paced world, it's important to remember to take your vitamins. A subsidiary of NBTY, Vitamin World operates more than – Read more

Vitamin World Photos