Vitamin World Employee Reviews in United States

The best job I have ever had it prepared me for so many other things in my life.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 25, 2016
I enjoyed working here the best job I have ever had I wish I could go back. The money was great and health benefits. The day by day was easy the customer were my favorite.
Pros
great discount
Cons
bad managers
Slow Busines
assistant manager retail (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CADecember 7, 2015
This company could use better marketing. It was usually very slow during the day yet they still expected you to make numbers. Even tho they did nothing to boost advertising for the store.
Pros
75% discount
Cons
under compensation
Opportunity to grow and self manage
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 24, 2016
• Recorded and prepared store’s sales report, invoice and audit to be submitted to district supervisor for review and evaluation daily
• Trained, developed and assessed performance of sale associates, their product knowledge and operation skills in order to provide outstanding customer service
• Acted as a store key holder; responsible for opening and closing shop and safe’s security
• Controlled store’s stock and back order; took inventory, made adjustments and ordered missing products
Ho Hum pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  HillsboroSeptember 8, 2015
I actually like the job when I'm there. The operation hours are good but upper managment keeps cutting back workable hours. Store manager's "Just made management ego" needs to be checked at the door. Start pay is terrible no matter how much experience. Benefits eat up your whole check.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Bad pay
Positive experience with great coworkers and management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 18, 2016
I loved working in such a healthy environment where my coworkers as well as manager created a positive and motivational atmosphere. The hardest part of the job would be when a customer bashed the information we provided or came in with false information from outside sources. Over all it was a great experience and felt amazing to help people reach their health goals. The best part was having customers return to thank you for all the help after having tried a system you recommended. Extremely rewarding.
Pros
rewarding, health oriented, fast paced, fun environment if you love nutrition, I was lucky enough to have a very morally straight manager who would stick up for us
Cons
most of upper management runs strict, at some points it was more sales driven rather than customer satisfaction oriented.
Enjoyed assisting customers with health concerns.
Retail Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, AZMay 8, 2016
Informed customers on health related concerns and supplements.
Shelf prices were changed every other day (approx. 10 -20 items).
From 50 - 80% of shelf prices were changed every two to three
weeks.
Coupons and sale items changed every two to three weeks which
created dissatisfaction and irritation for customers.

Almost one third of customers returned items due to elaborate
company return policy.

I truly enjoyed informing customers on their health needs which led to additional sales.
its a nice place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CASeptember 29, 2015
if you aren't big on selling products then i wouldn't recommend this profession . I have to say there is a lot to know about vitamins and what they can do for the body .
Pros
full benefits if your qualified, a lot of useful information .
Cons
only up to four days a week for any employee
Fast paced work place, always something new to learn.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIApril 7, 2016
When I started there I thought it was a pretty nice job, after some time there I learned other wise. The hours weren't consistent, we didn't get lunch breaks so had to try to eat when it was kind of slow and hoped nobody came in. One day a regional manage came in letting us know how well we were doing, telling us all our numbers were moving up from the disaster previous management left behind. 3 weeks later they come back to let us know that our location was being closed down and the big closing sale started the day after Christmas.
Pros
Base pay + commission.
Cons
No breaks, small work group
A Jeckyl/Hyde like experience
Store Manager, District Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgia, Florida, TennesseeNovember 2, 2015
First of all, let me say it pains me to not give a five star rating to Vitamin World because they did give me a lot of benefits that I would never have had if not for this job. I got stocks in the company that quickly rose to give me a great nest egg. The early years were wonderful...from the time I was hired on (Dec.7, 1983) as the Manager of the Atlanta, GA store. The company was a fun place to work...you did your job and you were rewarded for your good work. I was promoted to District Manager in nine months with the company and was moved to the West Florida district, based in Clearwater. We had a vice-president change at the corporate level after me being on the DM job about a year later. Things began changing. Very soon I was told my job would be expanding---they asked me INTERVIEW for my job. They now were going to combine the whole Flordia region into ONE . And, when I realized I was going to double my area with no more pay I said no The new VP asked me to stay on in some capacity, even offering my choice of positions. I told her that I thought the company needed a "Troubleshooter" and the position was created for me. That only lasted a few months...they would not send me to any area but the Florida stores! I was basically a highly paid babysitter. Once again I told the VP this was not working out...and she asked me if I would consider going back to Store Manager. I agreed to and that is where I stayed all the rest of my years at Vitamin World. I did very well as a store manager in Seminole Fl (raised the sales in a slow selling store), Pigeon Forge , TN (opened a new  more... store and introduced a new vitamin store to the area-) The PF store were a top ten store for the company until the company opened several stores around my store and siphoned off my customer base. But, to grow that was a have-to situation so I never thought bad about that. Several things happened that just turned me off with the company and the last five-six years were not a pleasant experience. But, you have to roll with change or get out. I just decided it was time to get out...and did..  less
Pros
Great benefits--good healthcare...
Cons
too much change and felt unappreciated toward the end
Serious Work Environment
1st. Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bend, WAJuly 21, 2015
Great company to work for with awesome compensation and benefits. Management wasn't always the easiest to talk with or go to for advice which made it a less than happy work environment.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Unhappy upper Management
Productive, pay is low, fun
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 1, 2015
I've committed my life to vitamin world and my returning customers. Some days were hectic due to stress levels at work. Taking on a lot of responsibilities of a SM being a ASM. Its an amazing job, but the pay raise is way under. I know I could possibly making more somewhere else, there have been many friends blown away at how little I'm making being a ASM. You get wonderful benefits being a ASM or higher. That's probably one of the things that have kept me at vitamin world. I enjoy my current DM. There are many sale changes throughout the month. Awesome discounts!
Pros
benefits, customers, employess
Cons
pay raise
over all decent place to work for i would go back.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHFebruary 27, 2016
the company over all isn't bad, their expectations are difficult some times to maintain due to the massive amount of coupons that they give out but as long as you drive sales and add on its not hard at all to maintain.
the company seems to be going down hill fast they closed 4 locations including mine while I was working with them. they have very lazy mgnt teams as well. but over all it was a good job.
Pros
extremely easy job
Cons
company is closing many stores
Learning about vitamins and customer
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, NYJuly 8, 2016
The store manager is very friendly and easy to work with. She is always there to lend a hand and help me with any project I'm doing.

The hardest part of the job is not being busy enough. There is a lot of down time of just doing nothing.
great part time job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  memphisJuly 21, 2015
Over seven years there were constant decline in compensation. They depended way too much on reviews of mystery shoppers and had more faith in their reviews than their own employees. Decent part time job but not great compensatin for managers.
Pros
decent discount
Flexible schedule and easy to move up in the company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, IL 60462April 23, 2016
The company vitamin world is an easy one to move up in. Withing my first six months I went from a normal salesmen to assistant manager. The schedule is very flexible if an employee goes to school or has a second job.
Pros
Large employee discount
Cons
Middle management, and useless job tasks
Great place
First Assistant Manager/ Nutritional Advisor (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYAugust 19, 2016
This is definitely an ideal place for someone who is looking to pursue a management opportunity. The company provides a lot of support and training to help everyone on any level succeed.
very fun place to work
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 20, 2016
learned how to stock customer service hardest part was cleaning up what the kids and would mess up i enjoyed this job because i was making commission along with a hourly pay
eh
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 6, 2016
Loved the pto/vacation set up but did not love revolving door of upper management. Went through 3 DMs in 2 years. They're shutting down locations at an alarming rate.
boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMay 31, 2016
it was ok experience very low pay and pretty boring job not really much to do not much growth pretty dead end job. i worked there when i was younger and i was into fitness and i thought it was great experience but it got boring after ahwhile.
Good Job
Sales associate / Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 28, 2016
Really good job and co-workers . Answering calls and emails every morning. Making customers feel welcome and happy . Cleaning and Organizing
Pros
Weekly pay, discounts
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vitamin World. Our community is ready to answer.