Vitamin World

Vitamin World Employee Reviews

na
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 8, 2016
The company is ok. It could have more up to date technology. Im on the management staf, but some people should not be in the position they are in.
Great Company
Sales and Health Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJanuary 18, 2016
Excellent company. Hardworking people, motivated and driven. Pay was good and employee concerns are met. Managers and staff are fun to work with.
Positive experience with great coworkers and management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 18, 2016
I loved working in such a healthy environment where my coworkers as well as manager created a positive and motivational atmosphere. The hardest part of the job would be when a customer bashed the information we provided or came in with false information from outside sources. Over all it was a great experience and felt amazing to help people reach their health goals. The best part was having customers return to thank you for all the help after having tried a system you recommended. Extremely rewarding.
Pros
rewarding, health oriented, fast paced, fun environment if you love nutrition, I was lucky enough to have a very morally straight manager who would stick up for us
Cons
most of upper management runs strict, at some points it was more sales driven rather than customer satisfaction oriented.
Great job to further expand your knowledge on supplements and how to deal with people in general
Vitamin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 15, 2016
Working at vitamin world was a great learning experience
I learned how to handle all kinds of people and how to treat each individual
I learned much about their supplements
Co workers were the kindest people I have met
The hardest part id say was dealing with annoyed or irritated customers
the most enjoyable part was the learning process and the supplement discounts
Pros
Learning experience and a lot of discounts
Cons
Dealing with people who are mad or irritated
Good job
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day at work was stocking shelves and managing the back stock room. I learned how to organize better and at a fast pace. The management was good and the coworkers were great. The hardest part of my job was not much. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with.
Pros
Great place
Slow Busines
assistant manager retail (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CADecember 7, 2015
This company could use better marketing. It was usually very slow during the day yet they still expected you to make numbers. Even tho they did nothing to boost advertising for the store.
Pros
75% discount
Cons
under compensation
HELP OTHERS
Nutritional Advisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2015
I enjoy helping people to determine there needs. I have also learned a lot about supplements for health and sports nutrition.
Pros
Comission
Cons
Do not always allow time for breaks.
Loved working there would still be there
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 6, 2015
Great place to work the training was great very organized room for advancement would still be there if the district manager did not want to replace store management with GNC former employees
Pros
great company
Cons
district manager
Rewarding
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PANovember 3, 2015
I would do normal management job functions. You must be sales driven because you have sales goals, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly. Management was great and co-workers were easy to work with and helpful.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
had to travel to far
A Jeckyl/Hyde like experience
Store Manager, District Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgia, Florida, TennesseeNovember 2, 2015
First of all, let me say it pains me to not give a five star rating to Vitamin World because they did give me a lot of benefits that I would never have had if not for this job. I got stocks in the company that quickly rose to give me a great nest egg. The early years were wonderful...from the time I was hired on (Dec.7, 1983) as the Manager of the Atlanta, GA store. The company was a fun place to work...you did your job and you were rewarded for your good work. I was promoted to District Manager in nine months with the company and was moved to the West Florida district, based in Clearwater. We had a vice-president change at the corporate level after me being on the DM job about a year later. Things began changing. Very soon I was told my job would be expanding---they asked me INTERVIEW for my job. They now were going to combine the whole Flordia region into ONE . And, when I realized I was going to double my area with no more pay I said no The new VP asked me to stay on in some capacity, even offering my choice of positions. I told her that I thought the company needed a "Troubleshooter" and the position was created for me. That only lasted a few months...they would not send me to any area but the Florida stores! I was basically a highly paid babysitter. Once again I told the VP this was not working out...and she asked me if I would consider going back to Store Manager. I agreed to and that is where I stayed all the rest of my years at Vitamin World. I did very well as a store manager in Seminole Fl (raised the sales in a slow selling store), Pigeon Forge , TN (opened a new  more... store and introduced a new vitamin store to the area-) The PF store were a top ten store for the company until the company opened several stores around my store and siphoned off my customer base. But, to grow that was a have-to situation so I never thought bad about that. Several things happened that just turned me off with the company and the last five-six years were not a pleasant experience. But, you have to roll with change or get out. I just decided it was time to get out...and did..  less
Pros
Great benefits--good healthcare...
Cons
too much change and felt unappreciated toward the end
Enjoyed the freedom
Nutritional Specialist/Salesman (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 15, 2015
This was my first job in college. I was acting as the assistant manager, I worked about 25-30 hours a week. I was the only employee in the company that was able to travel to different locations.
Great job to get me through college
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 14, 2015
This was a great job. Worked here part time to help me get through college. My manager did a great job working around my schedule. Also the discounts are awesome; 50-75% off.
Retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 13, 2015
Just a basic retail job. Meet a lot of interesting people. Good place to build your customer service skills and knowledge on nutritional vitamins and supplements.
Great overall business, poorly placed.
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 12, 2015
This company offered commissions within sales, it gave me the opportunity to increase my knowledge of sales and marketing hands-on. Although i enjoyed the extensive training that i had to go through as a newly hired employee, the store was placed in an area that lacked much business. I felt as though i was so thoroughly trained in sales and background knowledge of the products but was not able to apply that knowledge due to the lack of business.
Awful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNOctober 5, 2015
Wages have gone down several times in the time I've been employed, and each time corporate sends a memo stating that they are re-configuring our commission and base pay to optimize it for us as employees. They say they are giving us pay cuts like it's a favor to us. Several stores have closed around the country in the last few months leading us to believe that the company is failing. The level of micromanaging is unbelievable, to the point that we get memos instructing us about the order our training and sales binders must be in behind the desk. Employees and store managers aren't trusted by corporate and the pay shows how little employees are appreciated. I enjoy the store I work at because of my direct supervisor and my co-workers but overall I would never recommend working with this company.
Pros
The store-brand products are of really good quality and are easy to sell.
Cons
Everything else.
its a nice place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CASeptember 29, 2015
if you aren't big on selling products then i wouldn't recommend this profession . I have to say there is a lot to know about vitamins and what they can do for the body .
Pros
full benefits if your qualified, a lot of useful information .
Cons
only up to four days a week for any employee
Ho Hum pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  HillsboroSeptember 8, 2015
I actually like the job when I'm there. The operation hours are good but upper managment keeps cutting back workable hours. Store manager's "Just made management ego" needs to be checked at the door. Start pay is terrible no matter how much experience. Benefits eat up your whole check.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Bad pay
A great place to start for those interested in health and fitness!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CASeptember 5, 2015
A typical day at work consists of analyzing daily sales goals and developing a plan to meet those goals. Other duties include cleaning, organizing product, inventory management, inside email communications, telephone communication with customers, and typical retail operations.

Additionally, our customer service policy requires associates to ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a friendly helpful environment, greeting and acknowledging every customer, exchanging names, determining the customers needs, showing a full program (3 items) that meets their needs, demonstrating solid product knowledge, creating and maintaining long-term customer relationships by developing a real personal connection.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Very low pay
Fun and informative environment
First Assistant (Store Manager In Training) (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 27, 2015
Great company to work for. Provides all the necessary tools and resources necessary for employees to be successful in their positions.
Pros
great trainig program
Cons
short lunches
great part time job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  memphisJuly 21, 2015
Over seven years there were constant decline in compensation. They depended way too much on reviews of mystery shoppers and had more faith in their reviews than their own employees. Decent part time job but not great compensatin for managers.
Pros
decent discount