Vitamin World Employee Reviews

not a good company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 19, 2017
not much to say about this company, its all about the sales and what you can get the customer to buy, it's a commission store so just like GNC or any other Commission Retail Store, it's all about the lies you can feed a customer to get them to buy the product. What's sad about this place is that the product is what you put in your body and no one in the store is a doctor or pharmacist, but they will recommend you buy vitamins, pills, powders etc etc etc.

No regards for customers from the company. The people working at store levels, well they need to work, they are not the owners so thay have to do whatever corporate office tells them to do.
Pros
discount on some products worth using
Cons
corporate office and ethics and values
Fun place to work, pay could be better
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, NYApril 19, 2017
I worked my way up from PT to eventually managing. It's a great place to work. The customers get to really know you, and you get to really know them! The advancement to store manager is obtainable if that's something you're interested in. (I was with the company less than a year before moving up from PT to First Assistant to Manager) Above that, it's hard to advance to a position higher than SM (DM, RD) The atmosphere is great and there's a lot of flexibility when it comes to scheduling/time off requests. Yes, the pay could be better but the job isn't difficult and it's not like "working". I have fun at work and my staff is like family to me. The pay isn't a huge deal to me because everything else is great. Most people say you love your job 60% and hate it 40%. At Vitamin World, it's more like a 90% love and 10% stress/dislike.
Pros
flexibility, relaxed, fun
Cons
benefits aren't great, pay is less than average- espcially for management!
Difficult management
Retail Salesperson (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 12, 2017
I worked there for about a year. I was given ample opportunities to learn about the products. The slow time of the day was perfect to do the learning. However, the manager would dominate when at work. Since a lot of the money the sales associate make is commission based, the manager would virtually steal that benefit when they were at work. The manager would give the sales associate the job of stocking and cleaning the shelves while the manager would do all the sales. This was bad because many times it was so slow that you could barely make any sales and of course that would reflect on your review status. Also, the manager demanded that you do not do any cell phone use on the floor. That is fine, but when I returned to the store after leaving the company that same manager seemed to allow other sales associates that right. It showed to be inconsistent rules and poor management's enforcement of the rules.
Pros
learned a lot about supplements
Cons
management
kinda not really
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 11, 2017
this company will go out of business in 10 years or lest. the was a lot of upper management changing while I was there and bad choses by the new CEO..
Pros
good sups
Cons
its a pretty good job
easy work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 5, 2017
It was a cool place to manage and there were a lot to learn about supplements. I was able to pick up the knowledge quick to maximize my sales. All in all great place to work.
Bad
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 30, 2017
Cut commissions, inconsistency with the corporate office. The most incompetent company I have ever worked for. Ran like a group project in a high school class
A Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAMarch 18, 2017
This is a sales based job. If you like to help people with bettering their lives then the sales will come naturally to you. You will be responsible for assisting in keeping up with inventory and there will be times when you are the only one in the store. But overall you are never scheduled for something that cannot be handled.
It was okay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 16, 2017
The job was just okay. The work place culture was slow. The hardest part about the job it was very competitive sales and I wasn't passionate about the brand.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 14, 2017
Furthering my knowledge of fitness and health while helping consumers to achieve there goals in highly competitive industry that prides itself on helping others.
Pros
Learning Fitness and Health
Boring stress for no reason
Manager (Former Employee) –  Maryland Park, MDMarch 11, 2017
I will never recommend no one for this job upper management don't listen to the people and they tell you we don't hold a gun to your head to work here sad😳🙁😡😤💩
Pros
Cons
Commission sucks
Good work environment and experience.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 1, 2017
A typical day would consist of organizing the products on our shelves, assisting customers with a variety of health concerns or issues they brought to our attention.

I learned a lot about the human body, medicines, herbs and supplements that the vitamin industry offers.

The management at the time was very helpful and flexible with my schedule. There was never any issues with them.

The hardest part of that job was learning about everything we had to offer our customers. There was a tremendous amount of products and learning what each one did, took some time to memorize.

The most enjoyable part of working this job, was learning about the human body and treatments that are available. I have a huge interest in the anatomy field, while working here expanded my knowledge and proficiency at learning how to treat an ailment.
Pros
Learning Potential
Cons
Customer Base
Great place
Assist Manager (Former Employee) –  Gretna, NEFebruary 22, 2017
The job was one of my favorites the customers were the best !!!!!!!!!!!! The company treated their employees very well . And there was always new product to read about.
Pros
CASUAL DRESS
Cons
CORP CLOSED THE GRETNA STORE
Good Learning
Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Good Learning about management store, but they always think that employees are stealing. I got promoted at my 3rd month
Pros
Manage my schedule and good employee discount
Cons
Few employees per store
Good Retail Job
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 7, 2017
This is a mall job which pays better than most jobs in a mall. You learn about vitamins and supplements and other nutritional factors on improving your lifestyle. They keep up with the fads and treads. Some products are improved. You earn an hourly wage and some commision. Hours are usually part time unless you work full time and get benefits. You all the operations in the store level - stocking, cleaning, setting up displays, and consulting and selling customer the supplements they need.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, in the mall, pay is good
Cons
On your feet alot
Great environment and I look forward to work.
2nd Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CAJanuary 30, 2017
At work I help customers find what they need either it be a program or just specific vitamins. I learned what vitamins help specific medical issues and what has and has not worked for customers. The only thing that is difficult would be what all vitamins do and remembering everything. The environment is good and comfortable along with being fun.
Pleasant work enviroment
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJanuary 25, 2017
Pleasure to work with certain individuals. Excellent opportunity to enhance my skills working with my direct report.
Open workplace that was inviting to customers
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 16, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Vitamin World. It gave me the opportunity to further solidify my knowledge of health and nutrition so that I could effectively service a customer in their health goals.
Pros
Lots of free time - got to read & study
Cons
Pay was very
okay for some
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAJanuary 7, 2017
anyone who has ever been inside these stores knows that they do not ever focus on product knowledge. as most who work there are morons. They just do not pay enough for a true product specailist
Nice and educational place to work at. You get to meet new types of people everyday who speak different languages. A good place to become a big helper
International dr - Nutritional Advisor/ Salesman (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 5, 2017
A typical day at work is fun & educating.
I learned the benefits of taking the proper vitamins.
Management is supportive.
My co-workers are friendly and helpful.
I enjoy every part of my job no part is hard.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to teach a customer a new way of improving his health.
Pros
Learn new health remedies, come in contact with other kinds of people.
Cons
no cons.
fun place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 1, 2017
• Manage store operations by ensuring exceptional performance and excellent customer services
• Assist customers in all aspects of store services including handling complaints and inquiries
• Ensure banking is manage efficiently and cash and receipts are reconciled
• Manage weekly inventories
• Coordinate sales promotions and provide sales targets

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vitamin World. Our community is ready to answer.