Vitamin World Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 12, 2016
Fun job surrounded by great people. Learn about health and nutrition while helping others at the same time. Great company to be a part of.
It's Okay for the time being
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 12, 2016
No real career advancement and poor compensation. Constantly training new sales associates. Environment can be good, depending on who you work with. Maybe things will change with the recent new management.
Productive and Educational
2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 5, 2016
Fitness is important to me which is why I enjoy working here. There is a lot to learn and all of my co-workers, including myself, are knowledgeable about the products sold here.
Pros
Good discount, flexible hours
Cons
Low payrate
very fun place to work
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 20, 2016
learned how to stock customer service hardest part was cleaning up what the kids and would mess up i enjoyed this job because i was making commission along with a hourly pay
Great place
First Assistant Manager/ Nutritional Advisor (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYAugust 19, 2016
This is definitely an ideal place for someone who is looking to pursue a management opportunity. The company provides a lot of support and training to help everyone on any level succeed.
Great Time
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 5, 2016
Was really great and learned a lot about health and managing people. Got to learn how to grow as a man.
Pros
All the nutrition samples and health.
Good Job
Sales associate / Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 28, 2016
Really good job and co-workers . Answering calls and emails every morning. Making customers feel welcome and happy . Cleaning and Organizing
Pros
Weekly pay, discounts
Cons
management
Bad Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anthem, AZJuly 11, 2016
Unorganized, low pay, low traffic, low hours, and the commission is a joke. Don't work here, it's not worth your time. The managers are terrible and do not take the job seriously.
Learning about vitamins and customer
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, NYJuly 8, 2016
The store manager is very friendly and easy to work with. She is always there to lend a hand and help me with any project I'm doing.

The hardest part of the job is not being busy enough. There is a lot of down time of just doing nothing.
Opportunity to grow and self manage
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 24, 2016
• Recorded and prepared store’s sales report, invoice and audit to be submitted to district supervisor for review and evaluation daily
• Trained, developed and assessed performance of sale associates, their product knowledge and operation skills in order to provide outstanding customer service
• Acted as a store key holder; responsible for opening and closing shop and safe’s security
• Controlled store’s stock and back order; took inventory, made adjustments and ordered missing products
Fun
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 8, 2016
Loved helping people get healthier and find the right supplements and vitamins. Also pay was amazing and commission was great to have.
Pros
Healthier living
Cons
slow at times
boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMay 31, 2016
it was ok experience very low pay and pretty boring job not really much to do not much growth pretty dead end job. i worked there when i was younger and i was into fitness and i thought it was great experience but it got boring after ahwhile.
Vitamin World Review
ASSISTANT MANAGER - SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 24, 2016
Throughout my time at Vitamin World I have learned a lot about health and supplementation. There are good programs in place to learn and advance your knowledge. I also currently work under a very knowledgeable manager, in which I have learned a lot from over the past year. I have also significantly improved my communication skills and basic understanding of management. Every day at work I assist various people from all different kinds of backgrounds and have found great pleasure in helping these people. I assist the manager every day in various tasks to help keep track of sales, productivity and conversion numbers, and also send in sales numbers to Vitamin World Accounting.

A typical day at work consists of counting the draw and preparing the store for opening, filling out our monthly sales log, and preparing the daily sales envelope. Once these tasks are completed and the store is open, I assist any customers who visit our store and try to help build them a personal solutions plan to meet their goals. Throughout the day I also respond to emails, clean and re-stock the store, and do inventory checks.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with new decrease in hours and now there is more time of there only being one employee in the store at times. This can make it hard on busier days to greet and help each customer. Easily the most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers on a daily basis and seeing them return with satisfaction.
Pros
Fun work environment, helping people
Cons
Decreased commission, decreased hours, little room for advancement and pay increase
Enjoyed assisting customers with health concerns.
Retail Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, AZMay 8, 2016
Informed customers on health related concerns and supplements.
Shelf prices were changed every other day (approx. 10 -20 items).
From 50 - 80% of shelf prices were changed every two to three
weeks.
Coupons and sale items changed every two to three weeks which
created dissatisfaction and irritation for customers.

Almost one third of customers returned items due to elaborate
company return policy.

I truly enjoyed informing customers on their health needs which led to additional sales.
Flexible schedule and easy to move up in the company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, IL 60462April 23, 2016
The company vitamin world is an easy one to move up in. Withing my first six months I went from a normal salesmen to assistant manager. The schedule is very flexible if an employee goes to school or has a second job.
Pros
Large employee discount
Cons
Middle management, and useless job tasks
Fast paced work place, always something new to learn.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIApril 7, 2016
When I started there I thought it was a pretty nice job, after some time there I learned other wise. The hours weren't consistent, we didn't get lunch breaks so had to try to eat when it was kind of slow and hoped nobody came in. One day a regional manage came in letting us know how well we were doing, telling us all our numbers were moving up from the disaster previous management left behind. 3 weeks later they come back to let us know that our location was being closed down and the big closing sale started the day after Christmas.
Pros
Base pay + commission.
Cons
No breaks, small work group
eh
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 6, 2016
Loved the pto/vacation set up but did not love revolving door of upper management. Went through 3 DMs in 2 years. They're shutting down locations at an alarming rate.
The best job I have ever had it prepared me for so many other things in my life.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 25, 2016
I enjoyed working here the best job I have ever had I wish I could go back. The money was great and health benefits. The day by day was easy the customer were my favorite.
Pros
great discount
Cons
bad managers
Great job for those intreested in health and fitness
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAMarch 21, 2016
I enjoy working here. I have a nice boss and a nice coworker. They provide pretty flexible hours. I don't like the sales part of the job because you need to keep up with your average sale with customers and I'm not a pushy kind of person.
over all decent place to work for i would go back.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHFebruary 27, 2016
the company over all isn't bad, their expectations are difficult some times to maintain due to the massive amount of coupons that they give out but as long as you drive sales and add on its not hard at all to maintain.
the company seems to be going down hill fast they closed 4 locations including mine while I was working with them. they have very lazy mgnt teams as well. but over all it was a good job.
Pros
extremely easy job
Cons
company is closing many stores

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vitamin World. Our community is ready to answer.