Vitamin World Employee Reviews

Fun,great place to work with awesome well trained team.
Store Manager/Certifed Nutritional Advisor (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJAugust 12, 2017
Very pleasant environment to working at.
Higher Management provides excellent skills of Employment and training .
Health insurance and benefits were available in 90 days.
Pros
Half hour lunch paid to all
Cons
Health care
Great starter job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAAugust 7, 2017
Great starter job for a young graduate or current student. Provides strong understanding of business ethics and good balance of profit and corporate values.
Great place for promoting health
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNJuly 29, 2017
This job provides the opportunity to learn about supplements and how they can serve a purpose in the health. People will come to you with many different questions and ailments, some looking for education on supplements and others hoping that you can provide them with something that will actually work. This job can be very rewarding if you like to help people and are willing to research and learn about the products.
Fun
Vitamin Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYJuly 29, 2017
I enjoyed the job, yet at the same time felt as if I was expected a lot of for the salary given. Although I liked the job, I will afmit that it was quite stressful
Pros
Nice boss
Cons
Too mang expectations
meh
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  WAJuly 27, 2017
Work there if you have no problem lying to people to make a sale. Drama amongst co-workers almost non-stop. Low pay and idiotic scripted customer service template.
Pros
Cons
meh
place to consider to build with
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYJuly 25, 2017
company teaches you about machinery work , how to operate them also making sure you work at fast pace as well as paying attention to product making sure everything is running right
Pros
45 minute lunch, good insurance and benefits
Cons
1 bathroom break a day
fun place to learn
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 25, 2017
it was a good place to work decent paced and also a work environment where it allows you to learn more about the supplements and how they work in the body
Pros
flexible hours and lunch times and the discounts
Cons
can be understaffed at time and there is potential to work more then what you were scheduled
decent
Senior Sales Associate/ Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYJuly 11, 2017
This job like most is all about your immediate manager. Had an awful one and the experience was rough. Besides that the company was fun to work for all the time.
Bad treatment of associates and high expectation
Part Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoJuly 6, 2017
We help customer with the products and give them advice about the product. Training is to repetitive and not very good. The commission can be good but with no product in the store we cannot make money and bring in the numbers. Hours have been getting cut a lot while the company try to save money. We still expected to sell more and do more with less hours. Too much cleaning and un necessary busy work that is expected from the district manager that takes up time from being able to properly assist the customer. There is to much favoritism in this area and the newer employees are treated and spoken to like small children. The job opportunity in PR has been difficult for some time but the employees should not be taken advantage for this. I'm not understand how this has been permitted for so long. The employees are people to and should be treated with respect. I have been looking for other employment oppurtunity
Pros
Employee Discounts and I learn a lot about the vitamins.
Cons
The hours get cut they no send products to the stores and they expect to much .
Healthy environment with a positive atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJune 29, 2017
I enjoy managing Vitamin World. They have offer great benefits such as tuition reimbursement and paid for my ISSA training certificate. The staff and customers are relatively always in a great mood wanting too learn more ways to keep themselves healthy.
Pros
Healthy environment
Cons
Standing on your feet all day
Great Place if you know your vitamins
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJune 27, 2017
I was an assistant store manager for the #1 store in the district 2010 and then took over my own store a year later and made it one of the best in the region. Base pay was not the best. $8 as an asst and $11 as a manager....but with commission and bonus I easily made $19-$21 an hour after. I highly recommend anyone looking to work for vitamin world to LEARN your vitamins and what side effects they can cause. I had more repeat customers by having the knowledge of telling people what they didnt need instead of what they needed. it's been 5 years since ive worked there and ive been told commission has changed but still I had alot of fun.
Pros
flexible hours, big discounts on stock, good pay if you work for your sales
Cons
the district manager showed up without warning
good
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 26, 2017
I liked working there. The only reason I left was I found a better paying job. The people that I worked with were great and so was the customers. I miss seeing them.
Not a great place of work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ellenton, FLJune 17, 2017
Vitamin world is not a place of work that I would recommend to anyone. Management is very unorganized and unprofessional. There is no communication from upper management to store/assistant managers. For the amount of work and training that is involved the pay is not worth your time either.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Fun learning atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Robinson, PAJune 14, 2017
Serve customers nutritional needs . I learned about many different herbs and natural remedies for keep a healthy and balanced life whether it's sports nutrition or joint support. The management was superb. The workplace environment was professional and friendly.. Most enjoyable part of work had to be successfully meeting customers nutritional needs and returning to me telling me that the product I advised was helping them in their every day life style.
Great benefits
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJune 14, 2017
Nice incentive but uses the employees to do all their marketing and advertising. Employee discount is amazing! Upper management needs a ton of work. Overall I truly did learn a lot about nutrition!
Don't do it to yourself!!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 10, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. The position says "store manager" but this is no even a management job. your just an associate with more responsibilities. It is like being a manager and associate at the same time. They expect you to organize the store, do visual mechanizing, do inventory; all while your selling. Your also by yourself all day without a break.This store is underdeveloped and they keep hiring people to fix it because is a complete mess. So, in top of learning all the product and management procedures, they expect you to clean and fix their inventory. They only give your six days training and most of the time the district manager is on the phone. In addition, if your off and someone calls out you have to come in and open the store yourself. The worst part is that they pay horrible for this position. you are better off being an associate somewhere else.
Pros
Cons
no break, low pay, by yourself all day
I like vitamin world
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHJune 8, 2017
When I start working at vitamin the mananger was really helpful, it didn't take that long to learn everything. I really like working at vitamin world and I feel like I could probably stay there for a while
you have to know vitamins!
2ND Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJune 8, 2017
it's a good place to work because you have a chance to help others live healthy. upper management is strict because of quotas you have to hit each shift
Pros
great employee discount
Cons
upper management
Great First Job
Assistant Manager/Salesman (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NC 27577May 26, 2017
Wouldn't expect to "pay the bills"with this job only if your really into supplements, the discount was lovely. Company definitely was unstable in what it required from employees. At times i felt like i was harshly underpaid and compensated for work that was done and asked of my self. I worked for this company for 3 yrs before offered a raise and even then i was barely $0.15 . I learned a lot about health and supplementation but nothing to beneficial other than the retail aspects of the job, lets be honest we're selling over priced vitamins so you'd have to be a skilled salesman to keep up especially with fellow associates competing for commission.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay
A great place to work!
Nutritional Advisor, Store Manager (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 25, 2017
I absolutely loved working for Vitamin World, as well as building relationships with my customers. The benefits were great, and the commission was rewarding! Loved my team, my manager, and my district manager!
Pros
Commission, benefits, lots of training, customer loyalty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vitamin World. Our community is ready to answer.