Vitamin World

Vitamin World Employee Reviews

Fun and informative environment
First Assistant (Store Manager In Training) (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pros: great trainig program
Cons: short lunches
Great company to work for. Provides all the necessary tools and resources necessary for employees to be successful in their positions.
great part time job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), memphisJuly 21, 2015
Pros: decent discount
Over seven years there were constant decline in compensation. They depended way too much on reviews of mystery shoppers and had more faith in their reviews than their own employees. Decent part time job but not great compensatin for managers.
Serious Work Environment
1st. Assistant Manager (Former Employee), North Bend, WAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Compensation
Cons: Unhappy upper Management
Great company to work for with awesome compensation and benefits. Management wasn't always the easiest to talk with or go to for advice which made it a less than happy work environment.
pleasant
First Assistant (Current Employee), Stockton, CAJune 19, 2015
was not pleased with the management because of the constant miscommunication. the prices and deals were very good. staff was pleasant.
Health is everything
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 16, 2015
A typical day at work consist of various inquiries about products. What I learned from Vitamin World is a plethora of knowledge about vitamins, herbs and supplements. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the customers that visit the store on consistent basis.
OK
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Morgantown Mall, Morgantown, WVJune 15, 2015
Pros: Fun, interaction
Cons: management, non flexibility
I learned a lot about the unique items in the store. There was always a lot of customer interaction. Management was horrible for most of my time there. They later got fired. I enjoyed talking to the customers the most. This job relied on understanding and determining the customers need so your could help them with the information needed to make the sale and make them happy. All my coworkers and I got along great. They were friendly and we still get together sometimes outside of the workplace. Work day was talking to customers, managing the inventories, daily cash reports, and a lot of cleaning and reworking shelving and facings.
Vitamin World Manager
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee), MNJune 6, 2015
Pros: Work/life balance, good DM, RM
Cons: Lowered commissions and unattainable goals
Good work life balance is offset by recent lowered commission and many other cut backs. Goals they set are unattainable.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 31, 2015
• Provide fitness, health and nutrition culture.
• Provide positive work as well as shopping environment embracing diversity plus promote sales.
• Develop suitable schedules on basis of business requirements and payroll guidelines.
• Maintain effective communication as well as collaborate with District Manager plus home office.
• Manage all expense within established budget.
• Protect as well as maintain organizational assets plus resources to incorporate inventory, physical plant and fixtures.
• Implement and conduct people practices to assist growth of individual, company and team.
• Convey effectively and present life for company values, vision and store’s expectations.
• Implement and maintain promotional, operational and visual or merchandise standards plus initiatives.
• Ensure stores along with work areas are clean, secure plus well maintained.
Long and boring days
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Exton, PAMay 26, 2015
terrible way to waste your life. I'd be there for 12 hours and deal with less than a handful of customers. You're there all day alone.
A learning place.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILMay 20, 2015
Your goal everyday was to help each customer with their supplement needs. You want them to maximize their supplemental needs to maximize their health.. That was a pleasurable experience.
Perfect first management job to wet my feet
Assistant Manager, Management (Former Employee), Blasdell, NYMay 11, 2015
I was assistant manager at Subway restaurants but this job really gave me a taste of what management was like. It tested my skills and forced me to learn some new ones.

Overall, i'd rate it highly.
Good, with room for improvment.
Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Monroe, MIMay 7, 2015
The job is rewarding and does have many benefits. However; the pay is lacking compared to what is expected of associates as well as managers.
Health and wellness to help everyday people.
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Lansing, MIApril 21, 2015
Flexible scheduling allows a great balance between work and family. That along with a very clean environment in which to work makes for a great employer.
Vitamin World
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee), Midland, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: pay
good manager and good environment if your all about nutrition and personal fitness. but the pay is not enough 8.00 an hour is not enough to make it in this town
A good job to start with
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, floridaMarch 22, 2015
Pros: good compensation, and knowlegede on nutritional products
Cons: reduce commission and unbalance team work.
Its a good base job to start with as you go by growing on sales and product knowledge on nutritional health. good compensation on sales and bonuses.

cons: Constantly changing hourly schedules
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: huge employee discount
The pay was reasonable and the job was fun. It requires a lot of learning of nutrition and supplements but i always enjoyed it!
My manager and co workers were fantastic and always right there to help me out when needed.
Fun and Upbeat! - Vitamin World -Wilmington NC
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCMarch 12, 2015
Pros: constant progressing, no income cap
Cons: no cons but you must be willing to work and work weekends.
The job was just a blast. Working with moms who wanted to be fit all the way to the body builder who needed to gain mass was just a fun rush. Being the assistant manager of Vitamin World I was able to create goals not just for myself, but for the staff to skyrocket our sales goals for the store.
Autonomy
Manager (Former Employee), Muncy, PAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: making my own schedule, working with customers
Cons: no cons. this job was the right thing at the right time
This was a fun job. I learned a lot about supplements, which, in retrospect, helped me understand how they work or don't work, how they may potentiate or counteract prescription meds, and how people use them. In a round about way, it also gave me insight into how customers felt about medicines, healthcare, and doctors. Because I was the manager, I was able to work weekends and still go full time to nursing school. It was hard, but I did it.
District managers tended to come and go, but I met some really good people at that job. I was also in charge of hiring so I could craft my support to suit the store's needs.
The most tedious part of the job was resetting displays. We moved product all the time and regular customers would get frustrated because they couldn't find anything.
Teams
Senior Store Manager (Current Employee), Central Valley, NYMarch 4, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: wages
I have worked for this company for years and have meet some great people along the way. I was able to build strong teams to help reach our goals
Productive, pay is low, fun
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee), CaliforniaMarch 1, 2015
Pros: benefits, customers, employess
Cons: pay raise
I've committed my life to vitamin world and my returning customers. Some days were hectic due to stress levels at work. Taking on a lot of responsibilities of a SM being a ASM. Its an amazing job, but the pay raise is way under. I know I could possibly making more somewhere else, there have been many friends blown away at how little I'm making being a ASM. You get wonderful benefits being a ASM or higher. That's probably one of the things that have kept me at vitamin world. I enjoy my current DM. There are many sale changes throughout the month. Awesome discounts!
Industry