Vitamin World Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 14, 2017
Furthering my knowledge of fitness and health while helping consumers to achieve there goals in highly competitive industry that prides itself on helping others.
Pros
Learning Fitness and Health
Boring stress for no reason
Manager (Former Employee) –  Maryland Park, MDMarch 11, 2017
I will never recommend no one for this job upper management don't listen to the people and they tell you we don't hold a gun to your head to work here sad😳🙁😡😤💩
Pros
Cons
Commission sucks
Good work environment and experience.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 1, 2017
A typical day would consist of organizing the products on our shelves, assisting customers with a variety of health concerns or issues they brought to our attention.

I learned a lot about the human body, medicines, herbs and supplements that the vitamin industry offers.

The management at the time was very helpful and flexible with my schedule. There was never any issues with them.

The hardest part of that job was learning about everything we had to offer our customers. There was a tremendous amount of products and learning what each one did, took some time to memorize.

The most enjoyable part of working this job, was learning about the human body and treatments that are available. I have a huge interest in the anatomy field, while working here expanded my knowledge and proficiency at learning how to treat an ailment.
Pros
Learning Potential
Cons
Customer Base
Great place
Assist Manager (Former Employee) –  Gretna, NEFebruary 22, 2017
The job was one of my favorites the customers were the best !!!!!!!!!!!! The company treated their employees very well . And there was always new product to read about.
Pros
Casual dress
Cons
Corp closed the gretna store
Good Learning
Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Good Learning about management store, but they always think that employees are stealing. I got promoted at my 3rd month
Pros
Manage my schedule and good employee discount
Cons
Few employees per store
Good Retail Job
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 7, 2017
This is a mall job which pays better than most jobs in a mall. You learn about vitamins and supplements and other nutritional factors on improving your lifestyle. They keep up with the fads and treads. Some products are improved. You earn an hourly wage and some commision. Hours are usually part time unless you work full time and get benefits. You all the operations in the store level - stocking, cleaning, setting up displays, and consulting and selling customer the supplements they need.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, in the mall, pay is good
Cons
On your feet alot
Great environment and I look forward to work.
2nd Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CAJanuary 30, 2017
At work I help customers find what they need either it be a program or just specific vitamins. I learned what vitamins help specific medical issues and what has and has not worked for customers. The only thing that is difficult would be what all vitamins do and remembering everything. The environment is good and comfortable along with being fun.
Pleasant work enviroment
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJanuary 25, 2017
Pleasure to work with certain individuals. Excellent opportunity to enhance my skills working with my direct report.
Open workplace that was inviting to customers
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 16, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Vitamin World. It gave me the opportunity to further solidify my knowledge of health and nutrition so that I could effectively service a customer in their health goals.
Pros
Lots of free time - got to read & study
Cons
Pay was very
okay for some
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAJanuary 7, 2017
anyone who has ever been inside these stores knows that they do not ever focus on product knowledge. as most who work there are morons. They just do not pay enough for a true product specailist
Nice and educational place to work at. You get to meet new types of people everyday who speak different languages. A good place to become a big helper
International dr - Nutritional Advisor/ Salesman (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 5, 2017
A typical day at work is fun & educating.
I learned the benefits of taking the proper vitamins.
Management is supportive.
My co-workers are friendly and helpful.
I enjoy every part of my job no part is hard.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to teach a customer a new way of improving his health.
Pros
Learn new health remedies, come in contact with other kinds of people.
Cons
no cons.
fun place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 1, 2017
• Manage store operations by ensuring exceptional performance and excellent customer services
• Assist customers in all aspects of store services including handling complaints and inquiries
• Ensure banking is manage efficiently and cash and receipts are reconciled
• Manage weekly inventories
• Coordinate sales promotions and provide sales targets
Falling off the cliff!
SENIOR STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2016
This company was great in 2010 when I joined. The management team was superb and there was room for advancement. Upon moving states and managing multiple stores, most of the advancement opportunity was downplayed and they brought in District Managers from failing companies such as Radio Shack. They continued to try and fix sales problems by cutting commissions and bonuses and implementing custom sales strategies that were ineffective. None of the managers I trained or worked with in my time there are still working for the company, and the company is slowly failing.
Vitamin world
Warehouse team member (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYDecember 23, 2016
A typical day at work involved bubble wrapping glass products, creating and maintaining orders to be shipped out to customers and putting together cardboard boxes for orders. The management team was great, very understanding people and very willing to express appreciation towards employees which i like most about the job. Colleagues were extremely hard workers willing to help. The repetitiveness of the tasks was probably most difficult. Doing these things for an 8 hour shift caused numerous body aches and pains. I learned to pace myself here which was very positive since I tend to be a fast paced worker.
bad
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  CalifornaDecember 15, 2016
The district manager and upper management are very bad, mean and unprofessional. Do not work for this company. Nothing to grow in this company.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
I learned a lot
Merchandising Director (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYDecember 9, 2016
Amazing environment, great business. Long hours but great learning experience. I enjoyed my time there and never regret the time spent. I would recommend tNBTY to anyone.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Long Hours
Family Atmosphere
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYDecember 9, 2016
I was able to advance quickly as management had respect for hard work and knowledge.
I learned an amazing amount at this company.
NBTY was also a great company to work for.
Pros
location
Cons
work life balance
Quality Supplements don't need to be flashy
Assistant Store manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 4, 2016
Was a great experience and enjoyed helping customers from all walks of life. Knowledgeable customers. I was able to promote healthy living and some good products too
Pros
great discounts
Cons
working holidays
Needed to learn extensive product knowledge to be a stong source of information for all current and new customers
Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 15, 2016
Responsible for all P&L activity, managing and hiring staff, and insuring that product inventory was continuously up to date.
Pros
tremendous interaction with customers
Cons
very low pay
Fun place to work, friendly atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, NYNovember 7, 2016
I was brought on for part-time work, within one month of hiring I was promoted to assistant store manager full-time. After less than a year of working as the assistant, I was promoted to store manager. The pay is on the lower side of what most retail managers make but the work comes quickly and is pretty easy for the most part. Managers make bonuses when monthly goals have been met. The only downside is finding the right people to work in an industry like this; staffing can cause lots of headaches.
Pros
Opportunity to advance, opportunity for overtime.
Cons
Staffing at times, on call everyday in case no call/no shows

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vitamin World. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval