Vitamin World Employee Reviews

Falling off the cliff!
SENIOR STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2016
This company was great in 2010 when I joined. The management team was superb and there was room for advancement. Upon moving states and managing multiple stores, most of the advancement opportunity was downplayed and they brought in District Managers from failing companies such as Radio Shack. They continued to try and fix sales problems by cutting commissions and bonuses and implementing custom sales strategies that were ineffective. None of the managers I trained or worked with in my time there are still working for the company, and the company is slowly failing.
bad
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  CalifornaDecember 15, 2016
The district manager and upper management are very bad, mean and unprofessional. Do not work for this company. Nothing to grow in this company.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
I learned a lot
Merchandising Director (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYDecember 9, 2016
Amazing environment, great business. Long hours but great learning experience. I enjoyed my time there and never regret the time spent. I would recommend tNBTY to anyone.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Long Hours
Family Atmosphere
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYDecember 9, 2016
I was able to advance quickly as management had respect for hard work and knowledge.
I learned an amazing amount at this company.
NBTY was also a great company to work for.
Pros
location
Cons
work life balance
Quality Supplements don't need to be flashy
Assistant Store manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 4, 2016
Was a great experience and enjoyed helping customers from all walks of life. Knowledgeable customers. I was able to promote healthy living and some good products too
Pros
great discounts
Cons
working holidays
Needed to learn extensive product knowledge to be a stong source of information for all current and new customers
Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 15, 2016
Responsible for all P&L activity, managing and hiring staff, and insuring that product inventory was continuously up to date.
Pros
tremendous interaction with customers
Cons
very low pay
Fun place to work, friendly atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, NYNovember 7, 2016
I was brought on for part-time work, within one month of hiring I was promoted to assistant store manager full-time. After less than a year of working as the assistant, I was promoted to store manager. The pay is on the lower side of what most retail managers make but the work comes quickly and is pretty easy for the most part. Managers make bonuses when monthly goals have been met. The only downside is finding the right people to work in an industry like this; staffing can cause lots of headaches.
Pros
Opportunity to advance, opportunity for overtime.
Cons
Staffing at times, on call everyday in case no call/no shows
supportive environemt
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tamuning, GUNovember 6, 2016
since this job was my first real job every it was a great experience.. ive learned so much about a lot of products that I still use until now on my personal time. my coworkers were very helpful & understanding, they were also great to work with. the hardest part about vitamin world was answering the many different questions each customers had. the best part about working was that I got to learn something knew every single day & being able to interact with other people was a prize. it was a great experience for my first job, im looking forward to experiencing another great job.
Pros
discounts on products
Cons
short breaks
Ok place to work
Natural living assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 31, 2016
Like any job, it has its ups and downs. This is the perfect job for someone like myself who wants pay to work around school and family life. I didn't stay as long as I'd hoped because management sucks. There is no moral at this place
Boring to work for
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTOctober 21, 2016
Boring at best. Not filling at all. miserable work interment. Low wages and no incentive to grow in the company without sacrificing family time
Pros
meet new people every day
Cons
you feel like a conartist

Want to know more about Vitamin World?

Ask a question
Fun place to gain nutritional experiece.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Meadowood MallOctober 17, 2016
Great customer service program and intensive product knowledge training. Learned what nutritional values i could offer a child, a grandparent and anywhere in between.
Not That Great
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAOctober 11, 2016
Really not that great of a company. For all the branches of business they have off of NBTY you'd think they would pay better for all the stress you go through.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
EVERYTHING
Easy, stress free job
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXOctober 3, 2016
The job is very easy. Company provides a grate training program for new-hires.The main duty is making sales in order to reach company's daily goals.
A typical day at work would consist of helping customers, making inventory counts, restocking shelfs with products.
Pros
Great Management, If you are passionate about Fitness and Wellness you are going to love this job, a great employ discount is a plus.
Cons
Sometimes business is very slow, which gets frustrating
Great place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 12, 2016
Fun job surrounded by great people. Learn about health and nutrition while helping others at the same time. Great company to be a part of.
It's Okay for the time being
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 12, 2016
No real career advancement and poor compensation. Constantly training new sales associates. Environment can be good, depending on who you work with. Maybe things will change with the recent new management.
Productive and Educational
2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 5, 2016
Fitness is important to me which is why I enjoy working here. There is a lot to learn and all of my co-workers, including myself, are knowledgeable about the products sold here.
Pros
Good discount, flexible hours
Cons
Low payrate
very fun place to work
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 20, 2016
learned how to stock customer service hardest part was cleaning up what the kids and would mess up i enjoyed this job because i was making commission along with a hourly pay
Great place
First Assistant Manager/ Nutritional Advisor (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYAugust 19, 2016
This is definitely an ideal place for someone who is looking to pursue a management opportunity. The company provides a lot of support and training to help everyone on any level succeed.
Great Time
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 5, 2016
Was really great and learned a lot about health and managing people. Got to learn how to grow as a man.
Pros
All the nutrition samples and health.
Good Job
Sales associate / Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 28, 2016
Really good job and co-workers . Answering calls and emails every morning. Making customers feel welcome and happy . Cleaning and Organizing
Pros
Weekly pay, discounts
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vitamin World. Our community is ready to answer.