Vitamin World

Vitamin World Employer Reviews

Good general company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Monroeville, PAMay 1, 2014
Its a great company to work for. You not only receive employee benefits but an employee discount which was a very nice one. The company also sends out holiday gift cards as a thank you for your service. If you get put into a location with low traffic it is hard to get noticed to move up in the company.
Products
1rst Assistant Manager (Former Employee), SanfordApril 19, 2014
I love to eat clean and healthy.
Working at Vitamin World I learned the proper nutrients I should be putting in my body.
I was the First Assistant Manager at the store.
Be careful if you don't sale. You will get written up....
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCApril 9, 2014
This job was a waste of time. I mean the company as a whole is a joke. I mean they want you to sale an average $32.00 to every custom that come into the store and if you don't you will get write up every time.
if you are not a goal oriented person and like low volume sales this is the company for you
Store Manager (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 27, 2014
Pros: lots of time for customer service
Cons: upper management interaction and training on policies
Typical day was reading email for updates/price changes
paperwork ( very little )
cleaning shelves looking for dated products
Customer interaction
Was a very slow work environment lots of down time .
Great working with customers, however the environment is not up to expectation
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bellport, NYMarch 21, 2014
Pros: discount on vitamins, commission
Cons: management
My typical work day is to provide every customer with the proper supplements/vitamins they need to satisfy them. I work hard and have knowledge on almost every vitamin in the store to ensure I give our customers the correct supplements, which best suites them. I am looking for another job because of management and shortness of hours every week.
Good work environment with plenty of encouragement
Customer Service (Former Employee), Bohemia, NYMarch 15, 2014
Pros: supportive co-workers and management
Cons: pay rate.
I would rate this company a good starter job for an introduction into the work place. I was provided training and offered plenty of opportunity to learn other aspect of the job. When I broke my hands the staff was supportive and encouraging.
Sales Driven Position Learned Aspects of Small Business
Assistant Store Manager, Interm Store Manager (Current Employee), Jackson, NJMarch 14, 2014
Vitamin World is a fun place to work but has a lot of short comings. The knowledge I have learned in my time working here has been great, as well as learning how to control business in a small volume store.With a average staff of only 4 people each associate gets a good amount of management experience and you get to know your coworkers pretty well. – more... The down side to working here is despite the stores being lower volume high sales numbers are always required and you can be terminated for not making them regardless of the circumstances. The other major downside to working here is the lack of room to move up in the company. There are very few store manager positions for anyone to move into and if you are able to move into that position you are even more limited in your growth. I do enjoy being able to help people better their heath and help them attain goals, whether its losing weight, getting certain health requirements in check its definitely a good experience. – less
N/A
Nutritional Advisor (Current Employee), Midland, TXMarch 11, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: pay varies
Nutrition is 80% of the battle when it comes to health and fitness, this job experience is essential to my lifestyle.
Productive and enjoyable
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Woodbridge , VaMarch 6, 2014
Pros: good breaks, good discount, and good customer service experience
Cons: no benefits if you work less then 32 hours per week, no fixed schedules
A typical day would include interacting with customers and finding solutions' to their personal health concerns , making a positive difference . Training on the product and learning about different way to supplement the body . Management and co-workers made work fun and a great environment . The hardest part of the job would be learning all the product – more... , it pays off in the end . – less
Educated about health
Assistant Manager 2nd key (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: training about health and well-being
I have been educated about the various supplements and herbs that are beneficial for the body. Also, the training about the effects of this supplements and how they counteract with prescription drugs and any health issues the customer has.
Review
Floor Salesman (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: discounts for products
Cons: very limited selling ability.
Fun job. Learned about well being of the human body. It was good for a college student.
great learning experience
Sales Manager (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Hyattsville, MDFebruary 10, 2014
This position was commissioned based.I didn't like that too much,
great environment and work place
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Current Employee), Bayport, NYFebruary 5, 2014
The associates at Vitamin World are greatest assets, so the company invest a great deal in their growth and development, giving them plenty of ways to build their capabilities and advance in their field.
Enjoyable work atmosphere
Customer Service Associate/Nutritional Advisor (Current Employee), Morgantown, WVJanuary 30, 2014
Assisting customers with nutritional purchases and educating. Collecting information for books and for managers, working the register, stocking, pricing, cleaning, maintaining the store. Getting and receiving help from coworkers. The hardest part is reporting numbers in a timely manner while assisting customers. The most enjoyable part is helping people – more... meet their needs and goals. – less
Vitamin World
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Vicksburg, MSJanuary 21, 2014
This is an awsome place to work. The benefit package is great.
Productive, knowledgable, and fun place to work
Assistant Manager/ Associate (Current Employee), kahului, hiJanuary 20, 2014
A typical day at Vitamin World, consist on following the Vitamin World commitment steps with every customer. Talking to every customer on a personal level, providing him or her with a knowledge base of which supplement programs would best fit his/her needs. I have learned and obtained a deep knowledge of all the vitamins, herbs and supplements we carry.
My – more... manager is a wonderful and fun person to work with, we perform practice skills daily to ensure we are treating every customer as our own family member.
The most difficult part of the job would be learning and retaining all the information about the hundreds of supplements we carry.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new and interesting people that come onto the store daily. – less
Eh
Sales-Representative (Current Employee), New Hartford, NYJanuary 12, 2014
low pay, Bad commission, and low hours, good people to work with, management only cares about beating
sales plan
Great staff, great work environment
Sales Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee), Central Mall Port Arthur, TXJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: great employees, great hours, amazing product, learned something new daily
Cons: no pay increases, no possibility at advancements, store location not great (not a busy mall)
Employees were easy to get a long with, you could make a better pay check with commision but instead of fighting one another for sales we worked together so everyone could benefit. I loved that we had to know product knowledge and be able to utilize it. The company was going through a rough time when I was working for them. I received two reviews from – more... my manager both of which were excellent but instead of getting a pay increase, commission was increased by .25%. It was done so as incentive to stay and was a manipulation tactic by corporate to make it seem like we had somehow received a pay increase. – less
A very professional experience
Store Manger (Former Employee), Burlington, NCDecember 22, 2013
Store Manager/ Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service. Provide a friendly helpful environment which includes greeting and thanking each customer. Acknowledging every customer. Providing product knowledge. Identify, recruit and hire qualified sales associates with a passion for nutrition, health, sports and sales. As well as – more... store operations including payroll, operating the cash transactions, schedules of associates and stocking/cycle counts of product, and bank deposits. Keeping an open communication with the Regional Manager and district manager to reach store goals. – less
Vitamin World was a great place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Woodburn, ORNovember 28, 2013
Pros: free product, great benefits (heathcare, retirement(401k).
Cons: short breaks, long work days.
At Vitamin World you were trained in every part of the job/product you needed to do the best job for the customer and the employee.
They worked hard to make the job as fun and then profitable for the business and the employee.

About Vitamin World

In our fast-paced world, it's important to remember to take your vitamins. A subsidiary of NBTY, Vitamin World operates more than – Read more

Vitamin World Photos