Vitamin World

Vitamin World Employer Reviews

Review
Floor Salesman (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: discounts for products
Cons: very limited selling ability.
Fun job. Learned about well being of the human body. It was good for a college student.
great learning experience
Sales Manager (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Hyattsville, MDFebruary 10, 2014
This position was commissioned based.I didn't like that too much,
great environment and work place
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Current Employee), Bayport, NYFebruary 5, 2014
The associates at Vitamin World are greatest assets, so the company invest a great deal in their growth and development, giving them plenty of ways to build their capabilities and advance in their field.
Enjoyable work atmosphere
Customer Service Associate/Nutritional Advisor (Current Employee), Morgantown, WVJanuary 30, 2014
Assisting customers with nutritional purchases and educating. Collecting information for books and for managers, working the register, stocking, pricing, cleaning, maintaining the store. Getting and receiving help from coworkers. The hardest part is reporting numbers in a timely manner while assisting customers. The most enjoyable part is helping people – more... meet their needs and goals. – less
Vitamin World
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Vicksburg, MSJanuary 21, 2014
This is an awsome place to work. The benefit package is great.
Productive, knowledgable, and fun place to work
Assistant Manager/ Associate (Current Employee), kahului, hiJanuary 20, 2014
A typical day at Vitamin World, consist on following the Vitamin World commitment steps with every customer. Talking to every customer on a personal level, providing him or her with a knowledge base of which supplement programs would best fit his/her needs. I have learned and obtained a deep knowledge of all the vitamins, herbs and supplements we carry.
My – more... manager is a wonderful and fun person to work with, we perform practice skills daily to ensure we are treating every customer as our own family member.
The most difficult part of the job would be learning and retaining all the information about the hundreds of supplements we carry.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new and interesting people that come onto the store daily. – less
Eh
Sales-Representative (Current Employee), New Hartford, NYJanuary 12, 2014
low pay, Bad commission, and low hours, good people to work with, management only cares about beating
sales plan
Great staff, great work environment
Sales Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee), Central Mall Port Arthur, TXJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: great employees, great hours, amazing product, learned something new daily
Cons: no pay increases, no possibility at advancements, store location not great (not a busy mall)
Employees were easy to get a long with, you could make a better pay check with commision but instead of fighting one another for sales we worked together so everyone could benefit. I loved that we had to know product knowledge and be able to utilize it. The company was going through a rough time when I was working for them. I received two reviews from – more... my manager both of which were excellent but instead of getting a pay increase, commission was increased by .25%. It was done so as incentive to stay and was a manipulation tactic by corporate to make it seem like we had somehow received a pay increase. – less
A very professional experience
Store Manger (Former Employee), Burlington, NCDecember 22, 2013
Store Manager/ Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service. Provide a friendly helpful environment which includes greeting and thanking each customer. Acknowledging every customer. Providing product knowledge. Identify, recruit and hire qualified sales associates with a passion for nutrition, health, sports and sales. As well as – more... store operations including payroll, operating the cash transactions, schedules of associates and stocking/cycle counts of product, and bank deposits. Keeping an open communication with the Regional Manager and district manager to reach store goals. – less
Vitamin World was a great place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Woodburn, ORNovember 28, 2013
Pros: free product, great benefits (heathcare, retirement(401k).
Cons: short breaks, long work days.
At Vitamin World you were trained in every part of the job/product you needed to do the best job for the customer and the employee.
They worked hard to make the job as fun and then profitable for the business and the employee.
Easy and fun job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Moody AFBNovember 16, 2013
Spend the day tending to customers needs, giving them nutritional advice. After taking many tests to get certified and a nutritionist at the store I have learned about all different vitamins, herbs, and supplements and what they are good for. The management is nice and easy to work with, they are flexible with schedules.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MarylandOctober 27, 2013
Help customers find what they are looking for whether it be in sports nutrition, body building, or everyday vitamin/mineral health. The people I worked with were very reliable on anything that was asked to be done.
Vitamin and supplement retailer
Store Manager (Former Employee), Manchester, NHOctober 17, 2013
Pros: managers were given a nice compensation pkg based on effort and results attained.
Cons: keeping the store staffed with enthusiastic and honest persons.
Began career as Asst. Store Mgr, and promoted to own store.
Reviewed and logged daily activities for store; interviewed, hired and developed staff; consulted with and helped customers take control of their health with appropriate information and supplements. Really built a great customer base with personalized service. Order and receive shipments; control – more... inventory with minimal shrinkage in a mall setting. Kept current with educational materials for industry as a whole. – less
Lots of downtime, commissioned sales structure, pressures retail sales
Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia PASeptember 15, 2013
Pros: paid holidays, commissioned sales
Cons: low base hourly wage, being a low grade salesman, corporate sales environment
Following corporate selling guidelines. Up-selling. Offering a "program". Bonuses exist but are nearly unobtainable. Retail hours. Cutthroat management. Sales environment creates tension with your co workers. Best part f the job is lack of supervision and helping people with medical conditions.
Productive environment
Assistant Manager, full-time (Former Employee), queens, nySeptember 4, 2013
Pros: education in nutrition
Cons: boring job
Learned a lot about nutrition and fitness. Job was simple and easy to maintain. Managers are friendly and staff is overly pleasurable to work with. Commission offered on all sales. Would love to work here again.
Low to mid range paying job for Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee), Bridgewater NJAugust 19, 2013
Pros: little to no effort, easy store to upkeep
Cons: small staff 3-4 people
Not great pay but a VERY EASY JOB. You are left to run your store and as long as you have no issues the District Manager leaves you to it.
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Smithfield, NCAugust 18, 2013
Good place to work as a Student. Learned alot about working in retail.
Fun and knowledgeable
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, OHJuly 31, 2013
Open the store on time at 10:00 am , work on markdowns for sales. Make sure store appearance is great. The hardest part of the job is always working the weekends. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people every day.
good
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJuly 20, 2013
Good overall but not high paying.commission based. plus minimum
High Energy and Healthy Workplace
Assistant Manager / Nutritional Advisor (Current Employee), Marlborough, MAJune 28, 2013
Pros: great employee benefits, flexible scheduling
Cons: difficult to take breaks during shifts, no advancement opportunities
Through my six years I have been able to continue my learning outside of the classroom and in the workplace. What I have learned was more than just management skills but how to live a healthy and meaningful life. When working with customers I was not just a clerk but instead a listener and then a problem solver. I would work on finding my "clients" – more... what it was that would help with their needs and looking forward to the next time they came in with news of great results and continued customer satisfaction. – less

About Vitamin World

In our fast-paced world, it's important to remember to take your vitamins. A subsidiary of NBTY, Vitamin World operates more than – Read more

Vitamin World Photos