Vitamin World Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible Management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  East Meadow, NYJune 15, 2013
They gave you a long list of things to do with each customer and called it the "Vitamin World Commitment". It's essentially a laundry list of unnecessary things to do, to scrape every penny from the customer. You are working exceptionally hard to earn a great sale, then some customer comes in with a $2.99 coupon for Calcium. Then the company blames the employees for low sales numbers, when in reality, it's the company's fault for giving out an abundance of coupons. They also do not advertise and expect customers to come flocking in due to annoying email spam. The management needs to get their act together. Natures Bounty excels at manufacturing but after that, it's all downhill. Awful, inconsiderate management and they do not understand how their employees feel. There's also very little room for advancement, unless you somehow manage to get your store manager fired, then you get to sit in their awful shoes. No raises unless your store manages to hit the ridiculous sales goals that corporate sets for them.
Pros
-75% discount on vitamin world products, lots of down time
Cons
-awful management, no advertising, unnecessary sales protocol, pushy "car-salesman" attitude towards customers
great potental just dreadfully mismanaged
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNSeptember 4, 2014
this company has everything going for it and could be the most powerful company in its class but this company just does not know what it has and how to put it out there. Heres a clue: advertise what you have and your amazing quality and prices. do what f'n GNC does theyare twice the price but people still shop there. and pay your managers more they deserve it
Pros
great product. excellent benifits
Cons
mismanaged at the top
Enjoyed the freedom
Nutritional Specialist/Salesman (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 15, 2015
This was my first job in college. I was acting as the assistant manager, I worked about 25-30 hours a week. I was the only employee in the company that was able to travel to different locations.
Assisting customer's with their needs
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 8, 2014
Deal with comments, questions or complaints from employees or customers while consistently monitoring customer service. Responsible for meeting monthly targets established for product budgets and labor costs.
Pros
besides more money, there are bigger discounts, better benefits, more vacation time and sometimes even bonuses.
Cons
tough decisions, more workd and pressure
Great job to get me through college
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 14, 2015
This was a great job. Worked here part time to help me get through college. My manager did a great job working around my schedule. Also the discounts are awesome; 50-75% off.
Retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 13, 2015
Just a basic retail job. Meet a lot of interesting people. Good place to build your customer service skills and knowledge on nutritional vitamins and supplements.
Highly Interactive
Sales Representative/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJanuary 21, 2015
I enjoyed what I was talking about and loved that I was able to teach and inform. People would ask advise about what they needed to do in order to reach the desired goals. I liked that I was able to use my knowledge and training.

I was able to make in impact in this company that allowed me the opportunity to continue in a positive career path. Unfortunately, the management that promised me the soon to be promotions was offered better opportunities and left with company, the following management dismissed what was previously promised and brought in their own people from outside the company.
Pros
great products
Cons
management was sloppy
First Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMay 3, 2014
Overall it is a good place to work if you like retail and can handle hitting your daily sales goals. Its fun working with customers and making sure they get the right product. If you are a good salesperson you can make decent money and the company does provide you with benefits. Only downside is the retail hours.
Pros
weekly pay and discounts
Cons
retail hours
Good job with a good company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 17, 2012
The work wasn't difficult, and the customers usually do a pretty good job of educating themselves, which is a welcome change from most other retail. For managers, the compensation and benefits were good, and you were still eligible for sales-based commission and bonuses. They seem to retain management pretty well.
Great co-workers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2012
A typical day at work was assisting and educating the customers about our products. I was well trained on the products and the proper way to sell. I loved working with my co-workers because we were always there for each other. The toughest part of the job was when business was slow. Overall I most enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Pros
weekly pay and great schedule
Cons
no benefits (part time employee)
Productivity is amazing every day
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  PRMay 13, 2014
Every day all is sales and organization.
All day is learned because every day is different.
I like the managment because every day is new
I learning for may co-workers because I like help the people.
Maintance the average for sales and Unit per transaction.
I enjoy the sales.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Good general company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAMay 1, 2014
Its a great company to work for. You not only receive employee benefits but an employee discount which was a very nice one. The company also sends out holiday gift cards as a thank you for your service. If you get put into a location with low traffic it is hard to get noticed to move up in the company.
Vitamin World was a great place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORNovember 28, 2013
At Vitamin World you were trained in every part of the job/product you needed to do the best job for the customer and the employee.
They worked hard to make the job as fun and then profitable for the business and the employee.
Pros
free product, great benefits (heathcare, retirement(401k).
Cons
short breaks, long work days.
Vitamin World Manager
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  MNJune 6, 2015
Good work life balance is offset by recent lowered commission and many other cut backs. Goals they set are unattainable.
Pros
Work/life balance, good DM, RM
Cons
Lowered commissions and unattainable goals
Great Resume Filler
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYJune 27, 2014
Great entry level management position. Volume for this specific store was low. Obviously, this will vary from region to region.
benefits
Cons
pay rate
Not a work for a life time
vendedor (Current Employee) –  Cayey. Puerto RicoJuly 30, 2014
In Vitamin World we learn a lot on anything to do with maintain a quality with clients and now how to work with supplements and there benefits for every aspect of my life
Pros
good training
Cons
not pro-employ
retail is retail, great work if just looking at making a paycheck
Area Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  howell, miMay 20, 2014
no advancement opportunities, and very little raise or pay increase opportunities
Educational Experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAMarch 14, 2012
Vitamin World (NBTY) educates their employees about vitamins and herbs as well as training their employees to sell their products. Vitamin World is a good company to work for if you have the drive to sell.
Pros
discounts on vitamins; flexible hours, salary plus commission
Cons
low pay
Great discount and decent work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAFebruary 25, 2015
Vitamin world is a pretty good company to work for. The discount is awesome and, for me, advancement was pretty quick until you hit a store manager position. Repetitive work can become tedious after awhile
Pros
employee discount
Cons
pay and a low ceiling in advancement
Was my favorite job I could ever ask for.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FlFebruary 11, 2015
This is the best place to work if you have a drive for fitness, nutrition and personal health and love affirmation of helping others reach their goals. HOWEVER if you have an issue politics play a large role here and you have to tough through it. There is some chance for advancement making this also Ideal if you are patient and want to pursue a career with a strong company.