Vitamin World Employee Reviews

corporate maager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAOctober 26, 2017
Was a liar. he no longer works for the company
it was a very educational job
me and mt store manager were very close and we got along well and learned a lot from each other.
A very enthusiastic and competitive work place
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Bayamón, PROctober 22, 2017
Prepare all the requirements to open to the public it's just manageable. Every day the workplace was just excellent to be at. The Company facilitate every step of your management.
A great learning and growing environment.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. George, UTOctober 22, 2017
World Class Customer Service while maintaining everyday operational duties. I loved the relationships I was able to create with each customer. Having a supportive leader was also a highlight. I was able to constantly challenge myself with product knowledge.
Pros
Learning, building relationships
Cons
low pay
Good place to work.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 22, 2017
Vitamin world is a great company for everyone who loves sales and health. The only complaint I have is the wage. Managers gets pay differently but we all have the same responsibilities.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Low pay. Company in current Bankruptcy
Fun and busy place to work!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 21, 2017
Vitamin World was a great place to work. I had a wonderful district manager, who cared about my success and helped me to grow. I would still be there, except that 4 stores in Michigan were closed in 2017. One of those was mine.
Pros
flexible hours, fun atmosphere
Cons
store closed in 2017
Laid Back
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 20, 2017
Very easy and laid back job. At many time the store was very slow and there is a lot of down time. So keeping yourself busy cleaning or stocking shelves was a must. The supplement business is very competitive and the company is willing to do a lot for their customers in order to make them happy. My manager was great and had a family of her own and understood if I needed time off for an event. The hardest part of the jobs is keeping your sales numbers up. It was a great experience and my manager was very good at training.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Dealing with customers
A great place to work if you like helping people.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 19, 2017
At Vitamin World you get to make a connection with your customer, you have the benefit of selling high quality products to people who care about their health.

Great team atmosphere.
Pros
Good work environment, great customers with the benefit of really being able to help people.
Cons
The company is going thru some growing pains.
Fast paced, always new information to learn
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  GuamOctober 17, 2017
This is not just a retail job, you have to HAVE the desire to learn about overall health, conditions, basic medication contraindications, latest fitness trends, and overall desire to want to help people in their quest for a healthier life style.

Customer Service is top priority and essential. Everyone thinks that what we do is easy but it's not. You need to learn all the products on top of retail operations.

I love what I do. Being able to see a regular customers transformation journey for the better and knowing that you had a role.
It's an alright place with the right people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateOctober 13, 2017
I used this job as a means to an end. In the Tulalip store it was a constant fight for sales, and no one got along with each other. In other stores where sales weren't so high, it was more enjoyable to work because there wasn't stress between associates and there was no money involved.
Pros
dicounts
Cons
co workers, management, and placment
Great customers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILOctober 11, 2017
A typical day, as a store manager, consisted of picking up the bank deposit, balancing the cash drawer, identifying customer needs and recommending the appropriate products, scheduling employee workflow, training, mentoring and coaching employees.

Engaging with customers was the most enjoyable aspect of my job.
Pros
Engaging with customers, the products offered
Cons
Low salary
Healthy workplace
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Wrentham, MASeptember 28, 2017
I managed a store during college and I enjoyed it thoroughly. It was very fulfilling to research, learn and provide suggestions that helped the consumers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Immature upper management
fun
Assistant manager responsible for all operations (Former Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJ 08865September 27, 2017
This is a fantastic company with awesome people customers, and bosses. They listen to your concerns and help you to move up in the company. There is a lot of support.
Learn to maximize effectiveness
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOSeptember 22, 2017
Vitamin World is a company that will teach you important skills for your future. Mostly, you learn the importance of time management. There is much to do in a short period of time. We, as store managers, work by ourselves most of the time. This means we must balance working the sales floor as well as taking care of all operational duties. Multi-tasking is of the utmost importance.
N/a
Assistant Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  NYSeptember 20, 2017
I will not tell you about something I don't wish to express for my own personal reasons for which you do not need to know or understand by any means at all.
Will gain interesting knowledge
Sales Associate and Second Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILSeptember 10, 2017
Interesting to learn about the different health and wellness products. There are adequate training programs and most managers try to make it fun. Positive attitude makes it fun.
vitamin world
Manager (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MASeptember 6, 2017
Its not a bad job room to grow if you meet sales goals and expectaitions. many branches to work at or transfer to commision incentive on sales and memberships
Not friendly people
Customer Service Representative telephone sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2017
Too much stress and not enough pay raises were promised but never happened time and half plus overtime were surppose to be offered on a weekly basis but never were the company change so much in the years it just wasn't a nice place to work
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Too stressed
productive and fun place
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 24, 2017
A typical day at work is usual fun and productive. I have learned how to open and close a shift all in one shift while managing and servicing customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the sales oppurtunities with customers selling them natural supplementation in order to better their lives.
Pros
vitamin world floor is the sales canvas
Cons
need full time
Fun,great place to work with awesome well trained team.
Store Manager/Certifed Nutritional Advisor (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJAugust 12, 2017
Very pleasant environment to working at.
Higher Management provides excellent skills of Employment and training .
Health insurance and benefits were available in 90 days.
Pros
Half hour lunch paid to all
Cons
Health care
Great starter job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAAugust 7, 2017
Great starter job for a young graduate or current student. Provides strong understanding of business ethics and good balance of profit and corporate values.