Vitamin World Employee Reviews

Retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 13, 2015
Just a basic retail job. Meet a lot of interesting people. Good place to build your customer service skills and knowledge on nutritional vitamins and supplements.
Great overall business, poorly placed.
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 12, 2015
This company offered commissions within sales, it gave me the opportunity to increase my knowledge of sales and marketing hands-on. Although i enjoyed the extensive training that i had to go through as a newly hired employee, the store was placed in an area that lacked much business. I felt as though i was so thoroughly trained in sales and background knowledge of the products but was not able to apply that knowledge due to the lack of business.
Awful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNOctober 5, 2015
Wages have gone down several times in the time I've been employed, and each time corporate sends a memo stating that they are re-configuring our commission and base pay to optimize it for us as employees. They say they are giving us pay cuts like it's a favor to us. Several stores have closed around the country in the last few months leading us to believe that the company is failing. The level of micromanaging is unbelievable, to the point that we get memos instructing us about the order our training and sales binders must be in behind the desk. Employees and store managers aren't trusted by corporate and the pay shows how little employees are appreciated. I enjoy the store I work at because of my direct supervisor and my co-workers but overall I would never recommend working with this company.
Pros
The store-brand products are of really good quality and are easy to sell.
Cons
Everything else.
its a nice place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CASeptember 29, 2015
if you aren't big on selling products then i wouldn't recommend this profession . I have to say there is a lot to know about vitamins and what they can do for the body .
Pros
full benefits if your qualified, a lot of useful information .
Cons
only up to four days a week for any employee
Ho Hum pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  HillsboroSeptember 8, 2015
I actually like the job when I'm there. The operation hours are good but upper managment keeps cutting back workable hours. Store manager's "Just made management ego" needs to be checked at the door. Start pay is terrible no matter how much experience. Benefits eat up your whole check.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Bad pay
A great place to start for those interested in health and fitness!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CASeptember 5, 2015
A typical day at work consists of analyzing daily sales goals and developing a plan to meet those goals. Other duties include cleaning, organizing product, inventory management, inside email communications, telephone communication with customers, and typical retail operations.

Additionally, our customer service policy requires associates to ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a friendly helpful environment, greeting and acknowledging every customer, exchanging names, determining the customers needs, showing a full program (3 items) that meets their needs, demonstrating solid product knowledge, creating and maintaining long-term customer relationships by developing a real personal connection.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Very low pay
Fun and informative environment
First Assistant (Store Manager In Training) (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 27, 2015
Great company to work for. Provides all the necessary tools and resources necessary for employees to be successful in their positions.
Pros
great trainig program
Cons
short lunches
great part time job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  memphisJuly 21, 2015
Over seven years there were constant decline in compensation. They depended way too much on reviews of mystery shoppers and had more faith in their reviews than their own employees. Decent part time job but not great compensatin for managers.
Pros
decent discount
Serious Work Environment
1st. Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bend, WAJuly 21, 2015
Great company to work for with awesome compensation and benefits. Management wasn't always the easiest to talk with or go to for advice which made it a less than happy work environment.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Unhappy upper Management
pleasant
First Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 19, 2015
was not pleased with the management because of the constant miscommunication. the prices and deals were very good. staff was pleasant.
Health is everything
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 16, 2015
A typical day at work consist of various inquiries about products. What I learned from Vitamin World is a plethora of knowledge about vitamins, herbs and supplements. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the customers that visit the store on consistent basis.
Ok
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown Mall, Morgantown, WVJune 15, 2015
I learned a lot about the unique items in the store. There was always a lot of customer interaction. Management was horrible for most of my time there. They later got fired. I enjoyed talking to the customers the most. This job relied on understanding and determining the customers need so your could help them with the information needed to make the sale and make them happy. All my coworkers and I got along great. They were friendly and we still get together sometimes outside of the workplace. Work day was talking to customers, managing the inventories, daily cash reports, and a lot of cleaning and reworking shelving and facings.
Pros
Fun, interaction
Cons
management, non flexibility
Vitamin World Manager
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  MNJune 6, 2015
Good work life balance is offset by recent lowered commission and many other cut backs. Goals they set are unattainable.
Pros
Work/life balance, good DM, Rm
Cons
Lowered commissions and unattainable goals
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 31, 2015
• Provide fitness, health and nutrition culture.
• Provide positive work as well as shopping environment embracing diversity plus promote sales.
• Develop suitable schedules on basis of business requirements and payroll guidelines.
• Maintain effective communication as well as collaborate with District Manager plus home office.
• Manage all expense within established budget.
• Protect as well as maintain organizational assets plus resources to incorporate inventory, physical plant and fixtures.
• Implement and conduct people practices to assist growth of individual, company and team.
• Convey effectively and present life for company values, vision and store’s expectations.
• Implement and maintain promotional, operational and visual or merchandise standards plus initiatives.
• Ensure stores along with work areas are clean, secure plus well maintained.
Long and boring days
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAMay 26, 2015
terrible way to waste your life. I'd be there for 12 hours and deal with less than a handful of customers. You're there all day alone.
A learning place.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMay 20, 2015
Your goal everyday was to help each customer with their supplement needs. You want them to maximize their supplemental needs to maximize their health.. That was a pleasurable experience.
Perfect first management job to wet my feet
Assistant Manager, Management (Former Employee) –  Blasdell, NYMay 11, 2015
I was assistant manager at Subway restaurants but this job really gave me a taste of what management was like. It tested my skills and forced me to learn some new ones.

Overall, i'd rate it highly.
Good, with room for improvment.
Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIMay 7, 2015
The job is rewarding and does have many benefits. However; the pay is lacking compared to what is expected of associates as well as managers.
Health and wellness to help everyday people.
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 21, 2015
Flexible scheduling allows a great balance between work and family. That along with a very clean environment in which to work makes for a great employer.
Vitamin World
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 25, 2015
good manager and good environment if your all about nutrition and personal fitness. but the pay is not enough 8.00 an hour is not enough to make it in this town
Pros
great management
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vitamin World. Our community is ready to answer.