VITAMIX

VITAMIX Employee Reviews

Absolutely the worst job I've ever had. Stay far away from this one!
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHNovember 13, 2015
I worked third shift which was from 9:30pm-6am.The work consisted of working on a factory assembly line with up to 15 or so people, standing in the same station for 8.5 hours doing the same exact thing repeatedly. I was hired through a temp agency. Temps are treated like garbage because they rarely stick around for longer than a few days. Hired-in workers are incredibly gossipy, lazy or incompetent. Almost everyone hated the job but stayed because the pay is good. There's no sense of teamwork or pride in the work which is really sad.

The stress level in this place is insane, there was so much pressure to assemble the blenders perfectly every time and meet our quota or else we would get quality hits and chewed out by management and other co-workers. Equipment and machines were faulty and hard to use which constantly caused us to be behind on our quota for the evening.

I don't know how I was able to stick with this job for a month, it was absolutely terrible. Working third shift was really hard on my body and health plus the working environment was toxic. I don't recommend an awful job like this to anyone.
Pros
paid lunch, weekly pay
Cons
gossipy co-workers, terrible management, repetitve work, massive employee turnover
They're are no free lunches! i work here, i know
assembler (Current Employee) –  strongsville ohioOctober 14, 2015
was promised free lunches. no such thing! no gym. hope you speak spanish! or its pretty lonely. can't miss a day or be late. point system. 3 your fired
Pros
people are great.
Cons
temps do NOT get hired in for at least 6-9 months
Productive family oriented work place
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHSeptember 29, 2015
I learned how to work fast paced, the managers and supervisors were very friendly and efficient. The co-workers got along well.
The hardest part of the job would be in the beginning when you start working you have to learn how to be fast with your hands.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be the work effort the team puts in, very motivational!
Pros
Free lunches on wednesdays
Cons
Hire through agency. You can easily get laid off.
Very repetitive Job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHApril 30, 2015
your daily duties are the same about every day stand in one place while you do the same thing over & over. Some people might enjoy that but I hated standing in one place all day.
Great experience.
Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHApril 30, 2015
Bringing knowledge to customers, and educating them on the many benefits of living a healthier lifestyle with using the Vitamix.
Vitamix
Customer service agent (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHApril 27, 2015
I take inbound calls for repairs, troubleshooting, sales and general questions about our products. I help customers pick the unit best fit for them. I also help in training of new reps and help coach existing reps. During our recent transition to the Oracle operating system I have learned more patience than I ever thought I had. My manager is great and she not only cares about the company and our values but about me as a person. I could not ask to work with a better group of people who have become my friends outside of the workplace. The new Oracle system has really disrupted our business and that is the most difficult part for me. I would say my most enjoyable part are my coworkers and the customers I speak to that say how Vitamix has changed thier lives.
Pros
free helath benefits and profit sharing
Cons
hte new Oracle operating system and the problems its caused
good job with very long days
Demonstrater (Former Employee) –  bay area, caMarch 3, 2015
a typical day at vitamix would start for me around 0630. usually I would have to commute to whichever Costco I was working at. redwood city was a regular visit for me and I lide approx. 55 miles away so it usually would take 1 1/2 hr to get there. but first I would go to safeway and buy some produce and other groceries. then head to Costco and try to be there by 9am since they open at 10am. this way I have time to get set up. so the doors open at 10am and I would demonstrate the vitamix machine all day by myself since we mostly work solo and I would finish up at 8:30pm. then I would do some shopping to re stock for the next day and get out of there around 9pm. then an hour or so drive home and im in by 10pm or so. so very long days. usually I would have no management supervision but every once in awhile they would stop in to see how im doing. the hardest part of my job was keeping my energy level up all day so I could make sales but the most enjoyable part was meeting new people and every once in awhile I would hear some really great stories about why people use there vitamix and the difference it has made on there lives. that part I really enjoyed because it made me feel like I was making a difference.
Pros
meet lots of great people and make good money
Cons
very long days and long commutes
Good company when hired in
Production Worker/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHFebruary 28, 2015
Great benefits and good working environment. However the temporary workers are not treated fairly. Great people to work with though, which makes the day go by faster.
Pros
clean environment, good pay
Cons
short breaks
fast pace enviorment
Assembly - floater (Former Employee) –  strongsville ohioFebruary 11, 2015
working there was always fast pace and easy. great people to work with. great supervisor. health benefits are awesome. good pay also
Pros
workers
Great Pay and flexible work time
Sales Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Vitamix is great, very easy to pick your own schedule. A few weeks on, a few weeks off. Possible to make great money, commission based. Travel possibility is a pro/con.
Vitamix Employment Summary
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Northeast TerritoryJanuary 10, 2015
Typical day at work includes pitching and engaging with prospective clients in order to educate them about key benefit of line of Vitamix products. I manage all my own accounts and report numbers to middle management. Enjoyable aspects of the job include: the ability to work and manage my work independently. Difficult aspects of the job are the expansive territory which reps cover.
average warehosue
assembler (Former Employee) –  olmsted townshipNovember 8, 2014
it was fast paced work, moderate talking, no music, just you and your station on the production line.
most of the people in each production line was hispanic, and dont get me wrong, but hearing rapid, heaavy accented spanish all day long for 8 hours kind of gets annoying.
good employees though. the people were good people.
the hardest part is just keeping up with production quotas and being able to fold 300+ boxes a day in the packaging station.

management is ridiculous. they do not know left from right in the production rooms. like they could be standing next to a giant sign of detailed instructions and not even see it and then wander aimlessly asking employees for information thats on the giant sign. the supervisors are just ignorant and dont care about the employees. none of the corporate heads care at all about the employee. the pay is decent at best. but its just ridiculous.
Pros
45 min lunch
Cons
they took all employee privileges away last year i.e. profit sharing, etc/
Amazing workplace where I am given the opportunity to change people's lives daily!
Demonstrator/Sales (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 3, 2014
Vitamix is a family owned company, with the best management and teamwork I have ever seen, and has been around for about 93 years! They create only the best quality American-made kitchen appliances in the market. I absolutely love being able to demonstrate how the Vitamix blender works, and change people's lives on a daily basis when they take their machine home. I travel from Costco to Costco mostly, as well as Whole Foods and now Target, all within an hour driving distance from home. Sales is a tough game, but it is also extremely rewarding, and I am slowly mastering the skills of becoming a great salesman. I have gained incredible mental fortitude by working long hours open to close day in and day out each show, whether it be a 2 day show or 17 day show. I love my Vitamix, and I love my job.
Pros
large commission base, healthy living, fun, rewarding, working with the best.
Cons
long hours, commission only so no base pay, work weekends.
productive
Assembler 1 (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 21, 2014
assembled! goo job nice peopleAssemble components with hand and power tools
Pack containers and repacked damaged containers
Meet quality standards and specifications while working rapidly to meet deadlines
Not bad
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJune 22, 2014
A great place to work if hired in directly. As a temp it's not so nice.
Pros
fun co-workers
Cons
temps aren't treated as employees
productive
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Township of Olmsted, OHFebruary 25, 2014
worked started at 7:30 am, i learned how to to all the assembly parts of the job before i became a team leader. manager's for the most part were good to work for. i loved the people i worked with everyday.
The Greatest road show on Earth
Regional Sales and Show Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 9, 2013
Great opportunity for me to learn and accomplish a lot.
Started as a Show Demonstrator and moved up the ranks as Regional Sales Manager. I was responsible for developing business to create growth in selling venues and train and develop High performing sales reps!
Pros
fast and in need
productive place with good benefits for employees
Temporary Assembler (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHDecember 3, 2013
a typical day at work was to be on the line at 7:25 AM. There was not telling if overtime was going to be enforced until the very end of the day.The coworkers were excellent. The hardest part of the job was not knowing when you were going to get off of work and knowing that you could be fired for something as simple as someone not liking you. The most enjoyable part of the job was the coworkers.
Pros
free lunch on thursdays, nice employee break areas, energetic staff, sundays off, weekly pay
Cons
zero job security, unexpected mandatory overtime, temps not treated equal
Great company to work for, they value their employees, family oriented
Order Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Olmsted Falls, OHNovember 17, 2013
Everyone at the company is very courteous and pleasant. They value their employees and their employees' health. They provide free vegan lunch every Wednesday, there is a path to walk outside and enjoy the scenery, they have birthday lunch once a month to celebrate the employees birthdays for that month.
very good work place nice people
assembley line work (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHSeptember 10, 2012
my job was night shift we made blenders and had quotas to meet every night i make the motors and assembled the shells and wiring of the blenders and packaged them my co-workers were very helpful they showed me what to do and what not to do the hardest part of the job was toward the morning when it was almost time to leave you had to push through the last couple hours the most enjoyable was meeting all the nice people i worked with they all were amazing people made the job that much better