VITAMIX

VITAMIX Employer Reviews

Good company when hired in
Production Worker/Assembler (Current Employee), Strongsville, OHFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: clean environment, good pay
Cons: short breaks
Great benefits and good working environment. However the temporary workers are not treated fairly. Great people to work with though, which makes the day go by faster.
fast pace enviorment
Assembly - floater (Former Employee), strongsville ohioFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: workers
working there was always fast pace and easy. great people to work with. great supervisor. health benefits are awesome. good pay also
Great Pay and flexible work time
Sales Demonstrator (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Vitamix is great, very easy to pick your own schedule. A few weeks on, a few weeks off. Possible to make great money, commission based. Travel possibility is a pro/con.
Vitamix Employment Summary
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Northeast TerritoryJanuary 10, 2015
Typical day at work includes pitching and engaging with prospective clients in order to educate them about key benefit of line of Vitamix products. I manage all my own accounts and report numbers to middle management. Enjoyable aspects of the job include: the ability to work and manage my work independently. Difficult aspects of the job are the expansive territory which reps cover.
average warehosue
assembler (Former Employee), olmsted townshipNovember 8, 2014
Pros: 45 min lunch
Cons: they took all employee privileges away last year i.e. profit sharing, etc/
it was fast paced work, moderate talking, no music, just you and your station on the production line.
most of the people in each production line was hispanic, and dont get me wrong, but hearing rapid, heaavy accented spanish all day long for 8 hours kind of gets annoying.
good employees though. the people were good people.
the hardest part is just keeping up with production quotas and being able to fold 300+ boxes a day in the packaging station.

management is ridiculous. they do not know left from right in the production rooms. like they could be standing next to a giant sign of detailed instructions and not even see it and then wander aimlessly asking employees for information thats on the giant sign. the supervisors are just ignorant and dont care about the employees. none of the corporate heads care at all about the employee. the pay is decent at best. but its just ridiculous.
Amazing workplace where I am given the opportunity to change people's lives daily!
Demonstrator/Sales (Current Employee), Englewood, CONovember 3, 2014
Pros: large commission base, healthy living, fun, rewarding, working with the best.
Cons: long hours, commission only so no base pay, work weekends.
Vitamix is a family owned company, with the best management and teamwork I have ever seen, and has been around for about 93 years! They create only the best quality American-made kitchen appliances in the market. I absolutely love being able to demonstrate how the Vitamix blender works, and change people's lives on a daily basis when they take their machine home. I travel from Costco to Costco mostly, as well as Whole Foods and now Target, all within an hour driving distance from home. Sales is a tough game, but it is also extremely rewarding, and I am slowly mastering the skills of becoming a great salesman. I have gained incredible mental fortitude by working long hours open to close day in and day out each show, whether it be a 2 day show or 17 day show. I love my Vitamix, and I love my job.
productive
Assembler 1 (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 21, 2014
assembled! goo job nice peopleAssemble components with hand and power tools
Pack containers and repacked damaged containers
Meet quality standards and specifications while working rapidly to meet deadlines
Not bad
Line Worker (Former Employee), Strongsville, OHJune 22, 2014
Pros: fun co-workers
Cons: temps aren't treated as employees
A great place to work if hired in directly. As a temp it's not so nice.
productive
Line Lead (Former Employee), Township of Olmsted, OHFebruary 25, 2014
worked started at 7:30 am, i learned how to to all the assembly parts of the job before i became a team leader. manager's for the most part were good to work for. i loved the people i worked with everyday.
The Greatest road show on Earth
Regional Sales and Show Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 9, 2013
Pros: fast and in need
Great opportunity for me to learn and accomplish a lot.
Started as a Show Demonstrator and moved up the ranks as Regional Sales Manager. I was responsible for developing business to create growth in selling venues and train and develop High performing sales reps!
productive place with good benefits for employees
Temporary Assembler (Former Employee), Strongsville, OHDecember 3, 2013
Pros: free lunch on thursdays, nice employee break areas, energetic staff, sundays off, weekly pay
Cons: zero job security, unexpected mandatory overtime, temps not treated equal
a typical day at work was to be on the line at 7:25 AM. There was not telling if overtime was going to be enforced until the very end of the day.The coworkers were excellent. The hardest part of the job was not knowing when you were going to get off of work and knowing that you could be fired for something as simple as someone not liking you. The most enjoyable part of the job was the coworkers.
Great company to work for, they value their employees, family oriented
Order Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Olmsted Falls, OHNovember 17, 2013
Everyone at the company is very courteous and pleasant. They value their employees and their employees' health. They provide free vegan lunch every Wednesday, there is a path to walk outside and enjoy the scenery, they have birthday lunch once a month to celebrate the employees birthdays for that month.
very good work place nice people
assembley line work (Former Employee), North Olmsted, OHSeptember 10, 2012
my job was night shift we made blenders and had quotas to meet every night i make the motors and assembled the shells and wiring of the blenders and packaged them my co-workers were very helpful they showed me what to do and what not to do the hardest part of the job was toward the morning when it was almost time to leave you had to push through the last couple hours the most enjoyable was meeting all the nice people i worked with they all were amazing people made the job that much better
International - Made In America - Family Business For Over 90 Years
Sales & Marketing Representative (Current Employee), Township of Olmsted, OHSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: working together not only as company; but as a family.
An incredible company to have the honor of representing with the highest regards to the family name and vision of providing and investment to clientele for a happier and healthier lifestyle.
great place to work
Human Resource Intern (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 29, 2012
Created Vitamix’s first Employee Engagement Survey to help improve relations and general working conditions for employees. Recruited and evaluated talent for large expansion due to company growth by hiring 40 new employees. Developed survey for internship program to evaluate its overall the effectiveness as well as identify potential candidates for employment by developing a control plan for senior management. Reformatted benefits overview for new employees. Implemented an employee-walking program as apart of company wellness initiative.

April 5, 2013

This company talks about the importance of family values. Perhaps, their own family, the Barnards, but not the employees. Expect a tremendous amount of hours and Saturdays are expected. Averaged 70 hours a week. When exactly is the time for family?

About VITAMIX

Since 1921, Vitamix has been passionate about improving the lives of its customers and its employees. This passion drives us to – Read more