VITAMIX Employee Reviews

Sales Consultant and Demosntrator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2017
No benefits, super long hours. Not really a part of the corporation just a tool to sell. As long as you understand that you are ok.

Not a traditional part of a major part of a selling corporation.

Straight up commission. Do well and you will be paid. ZERO benefits Unless you consider you are associated with a brand name.
Fast paced and fun
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHAugust 30, 2017
This was one of my favorite jobs. Even though it was assembly, which can get repetitive, they had many different machines. The hours were long and our breaks were short, but the environment made up for that.
Great job - not for everyone.
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO; St. Louis, MO, etc.August 26, 2017
First and foremost I want to say that the management team is great! They provide you with ample training and won't send you out on your own demo until you feel you're ready. They don't pay for gas/mileage or your hotel stay, so that kind of sucks, but they do compensate you well for what you sell. It's a lot of fun demoing in the booth and interacting with the crowds at the client stores you're contracted with. The time away from home can be brutal though. You go out for a week to two weeks at a time, and you're only off for 3 days before you go back out. Which wouldn't be terrible, but normally 2 of those 3 days are taken up with travel time. Fun job, but not for everyone!
Pros
Great management, great support, great earning potential!
Cons
Lots of time away from home - that's about it.
VITAMIX is a family oriented
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 6, 2017
Vitamix is located in Cleveland Ohio and most of its employees are from Cleveland Vitamix also is it safe and family-orientated job Vitamix also is made in America
It's pretty awesome
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJune 20, 2017
i've been here close to 5 years and just love it. Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. The benefits are amazing and i would encourage everyone to work here!
Would not recommend
Product Sales Consultant/Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Northeast RegionApril 2, 2017
Vitamix is a short lived opportunity for most. Working shows that last 7 straight days for a total of 85 hours per week catches up with you quickly. The money had the potential to be good when you worked a high traffic store in a good area. They push you to work, fill in for others, then work some more, and never call out even if you are very sick.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Overworked all the time, No expenses paid, Commissions for large orders stopped
Great place to work, everyone friendly and non stressful
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 22, 2017
Company very much about its employees, understands that the employees are the backbone of the company. Owner very friendly with employees and personally gets to know each person and even thanks you for for your service.
Pros
Normal breaks, 45 minute lunches, free lunches, yearly adds a bonus to 401k, matches 501k 6 percent dollar for dollar
Started off Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJanuary 8, 2017
Very Micromanaged. No room for advancement and felt separated from the rest of the company. It all looked grand on paper but a few years in reality set in.
fun work environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHDecember 14, 2016
I enjoyed the work along with the people but there was little help from the managers and it didnt seen to steady work flow
It was a clean and fun environment.
Used to be great
Employee (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHSeptember 23, 2016
A few years ago, place was GREAT. Now not so much. No profit sharing, even though they brag on making $400 million. Treated as a # not a person. Run!
No work/life balance, no chance to move up as managers blatantly play favorites. Managers, supervisors, team leads will walk past you multiple times a day and not even acknowledge your existence.

Lots of people that disregard safety rules, when brought to someone's attention, you're the whistle blower rather than addressing situations.
Pros
Pay/benfits
Cons
Management, no work/life balance, way too much favoritism
Passionate people delivering exceptional product
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 1, 2016
Vitamix is an amazing company that values their employees more than the typical multi-million dollar company does. They strive to ensure the happiness of not only the employee, but the customer as well.
A great big joke. A bunch of promises and asian labor..
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJuly 11, 2016
This job is full of bologna. They say that they will work with you and they dont. I came in as a temp they vaguely trained me and then threw me to the wolves. They threw me on a line that moved WAY faster than id been moving in the previous couple of days. After a day of that..they fired me.Over the phone like a bunch of cowards. They keep you as a temp for up to 1 year and dont hire. Twlling lies of not having a position available but I see it posted on their website.Manditory over time on saturday morning...at 6:30 am!!!! Staying until 5:15pm and having to be back at 7:15. They day is over with by then! They say they need employees but let you go for no reason. Believe me. I followed all rules and procedures eventhough I saw employees of the company doing otherwise. AND WAS LET GO! Do not waste time going out to the woods of strongsville for your time to be wasted!! They have all these strict rules and their employees dont even follow them. Its really sad. But they have a nice video to show you before you go there and find out the real deal. Smh.
Pros
10.00 per hr starting pay
Cons
Hard labor, strict rules for temporary employess and more.
Daily life
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJune 20, 2016
Its easy day of work but they lost sight of family. This job is nice job but we have lost momentum with moving product and the workers are upset where the job is at.
Temp Position
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJune 10, 2016
I loved working at Vitamix, even though it is very hard to get in. I was a hard worker and got promoted very fast. It was very clean and easy to learn new positions. I would go back if had the chance to get actually hired in.
good place
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHFebruary 23, 2016
Vitamix was an awesome place. Very clean and professional. Work was light and the days always went fast. Good benefits and pay!
Lots of earning potential
SALES REPRESENTATIVE / DEMONSTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Pacific NorthwestNovember 18, 2015
The money is great once you get into your groove but it may take a while to get there as you need to learn the ropes. The management/trainers are all only a phone call away and have great advise.
Pros
You get to travel
Cons
Nothing is free
Absolutely the worst job I've ever had. Stay far away from this one!
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHNovember 13, 2015
I worked third shift which was from 9:30pm-6am.The work consisted of working on a factory assembly line with up to 15 or so people, standing in the same station for 8.5 hours doing the same exact thing repeatedly. I was hired through a temp agency. Temps are treated like garbage because they rarely stick around for longer than a few days. Hired-in workers are incredibly gossipy, lazy or incompetent. Almost everyone hated the job but stayed because the pay is good. There's no sense of teamwork or pride in the work which is really sad.

The stress level in this place is insane, there was so much pressure to assemble the blenders perfectly every time and meet our quota or else we would get quality hits and chewed out by management and other co-workers. Equipment and machines were faulty and hard to use which constantly caused us to be behind on our quota for the evening.

I don't know how I was able to stick with this job for a month, it was absolutely terrible. Working third shift was really hard on my body and health plus the working environment was toxic. I don't recommend an awful job like this to anyone.
Pros
paid lunch, weekly pay
Cons
gossipy co-workers, terrible management, repetitve work, massive employee turnover
They're are no free lunches! i work here, i know
assembler (Current Employee) –  strongsville ohioOctober 14, 2015
was promised free lunches. no such thing! no gym. hope you speak spanish! or its pretty lonely. can't miss a day or be late. point system. 3 your fired
Pros
people are great.
Cons
temps do NOT get hired in for at least 6-9 months
Productive family oriented work place
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHSeptember 29, 2015
I learned how to work fast paced, the managers and supervisors were very friendly and efficient. The co-workers got along well.
The hardest part of the job would be in the beginning when you start working you have to learn how to be fast with your hands.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be the work effort the team puts in, very motivational!
Pros
Free lunches on wednesdays
Cons
Hire through agency. You can easily get laid off.
Very repetitive Job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHApril 30, 2015
your daily duties are the same about every day stand in one place while you do the same thing over & over. Some people might enjoy that but I hated standing in one place all day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VITAMIX. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9