VITAS Healthcare Employee Reviews

For profit
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 21, 2018
Good overall working environment with seasoned professional management. Understaffed and overworked but more incentive for employees to do so. Low turnover rate
Pros
Low turnover rate
Cons
Poor pay
Fast paced, demanding, but rewarding relationships with patients and families
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 19, 2018
The benefits were excellent. the facility was lovely, and my coworkers were for the most part amazing. The new management team left a lot to be desired.
Pros
coworkers were exceptional
Cons
hostile management
Clinical Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, PAJanuary 18, 2018
Employees were friendly and always worked as a team. Everyone was very knowledgeable of hospice and how it operates. Would recommend this company to anybody working in the hospice field.
Pros
Team work
Cons
on call
MGMT doesn't really care about the lower level
Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 17, 2018
Use to enjoy working there, now it is just a job. MGMT doesn't really care about the lower level employees. Don't listen. Management shows favoritism to certain people
it s good place to work for
LVN (Former Employee) –  sandiegoJanuary 17, 2018
For some reason I think its good place for people who still in school , because their system helped a lot of nurse whose continuing their career , But their problem is they don't like to give new grad a chance to succeed .
Pros
good place to work for
Cons
management closed minded
Poor management
Admission Nurse-Meet (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJanuary 13, 2018
No support from management..They put people in positions who don't have the education or the experience to function in that roll..health benefits are horrible.they only recognize 3 holidays a year. Low pay..
Pros
Patients and families
Cons
All else
Great job with the right manager
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 11, 2018
You will either like it or hate it. there is no middle ground. since there is no consistency each time your manager changes the rules and how the job is done changes, and management changes often. you are told its a m-f job however your on call on the weekends q2 months or so. also there is no over time and the paperwork can sometimes get overwhelming. on the other hand the patients are for the most part a joy and you grow to love them as family making it hard emotional to loose them
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
paperwork
Best place to work at!!!
HOSPICE/CONTINUOUS CARE NURSE (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 9, 2018
The environment is amazing. The managers are caring and supportive. The philosophy for patient care is thorough and caring. The schedule is great and the benefits are amazing.
Pros
good hours, benefits, environment, pay
Cons
NONE! Best job ever!
Great coor values
Director of Market Development (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Very patient and family focused healthcare company with great people. Solid metrics, amazing repetition in the marketplace, lots of autonomy in the work place, senior leaderships care is passionate about their people
"We took care of each other" - one of the Vitas Value's
Admissions Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 9, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job, was working with wonderful, caring Staff. Hospice is a difficult and rewarding career. The most difficult part, was the daily meeting of family members and discussing "end of Life Care".
If You Love Hospice, VITAS is the Place For You
Director of Public Affairs (Current Employee) –  TelecommuteJanuary 9, 2018
Clearly best in class place to work for a hospice organization. They are very compliant and true to the mission of hospice care. Lots of management leadership to foster your success.
Pros
rewarding mission driven organization
Cons
lack of stock options
Good
Regional Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  CAJanuary 9, 2018
The hospice industry has gotten very competitive and it is a bit saturated but it is a very needed industry which helps patients and their family. Vitas is based in FL so the company has a larger market share on the East Coast then declines as you go West.
Fun place to work
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Encino, CAJanuary 5, 2018
I love the staff, they are like family to me. They all work hard and knows how to have fun outside of work. Manager is very nice and professional. I have learned how to handle load of phone calls while multitasking.
Pros
one hour lunch break
benefits
Awsome Place
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 4, 2018
Great place with great people I would recommend Vitas as an employer the days are great because of the people that you work with its a very family like work place
2% raise per year maybe
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 3, 2018
No room for advancement unless you know someone who holds a high positionworks in the company. Only 2% raise for clerical workers, maybe. New workers highered making more money than seasoned workers.
Unfair and mean
LPN (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FL 32751January 3, 2018
A new manager came in and decided that per diem Nurses could NOT refuse assignments, and they regularly demanded that they travel 100+ miles to assignments. I refused a long range assignment (100+ miles) and was fired. BTW in 10 years I NEVER got a raise, I sometimes only got 1 shift per week, there were NO benefits, and the management was routinely disrespectful.
Pros
Cons
poor pay, no benefits, few assignments, long travel distances required
Can be very busy at times
Patient Care Secretary (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 2, 2018
Great place to work. Sometimes it can be very busy. Mostly on the weekends due to lack or staff. I work in Telecare and I'm a person thatvlive to work 8-5 my schedule here is evening from 4:30 til 3am. We don't get raises
slow work but fun to work there
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJanuary 2, 2018
A lot of friendly people to work with ,we were like family.The hours were good .Management made me feel comfortable to work there .some even was able to help with a personal matter .We also had little parties ,which was good .Made us feel appreciated.
Pros
free lunch, good hours, cool staff, laid back
Cons
slow work, no room for advancement
collaborative and flexible
Case Manager RN (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJanuary 1, 2018
work schedule is flexible and the team environment is collaborative. Management is receptive to change as well as supportive of staff. I would recommend this company to any nurse looking for a change from the hospital setting
Patient Care Secretary
Patient Care Secretary (PCS) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 29, 2017
Nice place but requires patience. I would sometimes work in the corporate office and sometimes in the Hospice center. I learned to work with families that were losing loved ones.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VITAS Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.