Vitas Innovative Hospice Care

Vitas Innovative Hospice Care Employer Reviews

Plenty of staff to cover nights and weekends.
Registered Nurse, Hospice Case Manager (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CAAugust 31, 2014
Plenty of time to spend with patients. Continuous Care available to patients as needs develop.
Supportive Work Environment
Chaplain Intern (Former Employee), Lombard, ILAugust 18, 2014
Pros: ice cream truck would come in the summer
Cons: phoning in our time sheet
A typical day could be a combination of traveling to different facilities to visit patients and their families, attending funerals/visitations, going to Care Conference meetings, or attending CPE cohort meetings. Management with VITAS and through CPE were consistently supportive and helpful. Co-workers were positive and created opportunities for me – more... to participate in activities to gain more experience in different areas around the office.

This internship taught me Story Theology and process learning. – less
Medical Administration
PATIENT CARE SECRETARY/ FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee), Milpitas, CaAugust 15, 2014
Pros: good benefits, job security
Cons: office drama
Vitas is a basic corporate owned medical company. Simple 8am - 5pm Monday - Friday hours. Typical duties; answering phones, greeting patients and vendors, usage of Microsoft Office. The hardest part of the job is speaking to patient's family members who are in a panic.
tight group of caring people providing great care
Alternate Hours Runner, (Former Employee), San Diego, CA.......Encino,caAugust 13, 2014
Pros: great managers total support
Cons: some people werent really connected to hospice work and made it difficult
a great place to work, fantastic managers total support from staff to people in the field...enjoyed my time in san diego..I really didn't work long enough as a case manager 3 weeks when I moved to enicino
Great environment.
Inpatient Hospice RN (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXAugust 9, 2014
Pros: lots of growth.
Cons: halls were very long with no supply closets close by.
Very professional. Love my manager and coworkers. Only one coworker was difficult. She was in poor health and was unable to perform her duties. Loved working with patients and their families. Loved talking Texans Football!!!!! The patients and their families all had their favorite team.
great
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 26, 2014
Pros: great
Cons: great
great staffing
great management
great environment
The greatest thing was caring for the patients and family while providing support
Very heart warming, a place where compassion and empathy are truly thier greatest asset.
Continuous Care Nurse (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: working per diem, i was able to schedule my availablity.
Cons: working per diem, their were times when i wanted to work, but didn't get called.
Almost every shift was different beginning with the patient and the care that was needed.
I learned that death can be beautiful.
I know that every person there loved what they do.
The hardest part was to put my own feelings regarding death and dying on hold and do the best for the patient.
It gives me a good feeling to know that I was there when their – more... family or loved ones could not be. – less
Excellent place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Dade-Monroe ProgramJuly 20, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: lower wages and poor benefits
Management are flexible for the most part. A very rewarding type of job. the only downside is the compensation is a bit on the lower end of the spectrum.
I loved my job
CHPNA (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 15, 2014
ther was never a typical day at hospice, I learned how to work as a team, I learned about many diseases, and their effects pain management, my coworkers were great, I tried to give all I had to make this part of life as easy as possible for pt and their familys. the hardest part was their death, the most enjoyable was their smiles.
Productive and fun work place. Very rewarding job.
Lead patient Care Secretary (Current Employee), Torrance, CAJuly 14, 2014
This job gives you the opportunity to be of maximum service to people in their greatest hours of need.
Beware upper management
Registered Nurse, Field Hospice Case Manager (Former Employee), Encino, CAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: great people are your team
Cons: excessive pressure from cold upper management
I loved making a positive impact on our patients, their caregivers, families and friends. Some of my best memories are patients and their families/caregivers that I got close to. My co-workers in the field are dedicated compassionate and truly caring people and it's great working with a team and as a team. The team managers are a mixed bag, some good – more... and some a terror to work under.

The worst part? Upper management. They care about making the company money more than anything. The atmosphere was becoming tense, hypercritical, frequent messages threatening our jobs if we don't do this and that and get your quota patients seen and the ever-increasing paper work done perfectly in a 8hr day. The 8hr day, if done even close to all "they" demanded was in fact a 10hr day. If we claimed OT "they" would brow-beat the team managers who would pass it on to us so we didn't claim OT and finished our work unpaid. I did not appreciate living in fear of my job . – less
Love of geriatric patient care and ability to be there for patients to pass with dignity while providing excellent patient care.
Field Rn/Case Manager (Former Employee), daytona beach floridaJuly 1, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, paid time off
Loved working for vitas. would still be there if didnt inflict injury which required 2 surgeries and they had to hire someone else for my position.
It was a great learning experience
Extern (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 30, 2014
It was a nice learning experience and gave me a great way to improve my skills.
Good work and family life balance.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PAJune 25, 2014
Good documentation program enabled completion of documentation at the bedside. I felt the management was nice, though there were changes in management at the time.
Great job, great team of people
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 24, 2014
Pros: team atmosphere
Cons: charting is 'old school' on paper- not up to date on technology
I loved my team of co-workers. I looked forward to Wednesday meetings to see them. For me it was a good balance of working with others and being accountable for my own time management.
good place to learn
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 19, 2014
Some managers are good and some are fair. A good place to learn and build your experience,
Work that matters, but is not recognized
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee), Lombard, ILJune 19, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: compensation and management
I enjoy the work that I do at Vitas, providing support and assistance to families caring for loved ones at the end of life. The work is rewarding and not too challenging. My co-workers are phenomenal, always helping each other and very kind individuals. The issue with the company is the management and compensation. The company has been in a pay freeze – more... for the past 2 years, and they do not offer company bonuses. The management acts like they care, but they do not address employee concerns. – less
A good place to volunteer.
Spiritual Care Provider (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2014
A great place to build a solid work foundation at any hospice facility.
New look on life
Patient Care Secretary (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 9, 2014
I enjoyed working along side amazing nurses and patients. The job was hard but gave me a new look on life.
Provides an opportunity for meaningful social work experience.
MSW (LMSW pending) (Current Employee), Middlebury, CTJune 6, 2014
Pros: Meaningful direct practice social work opportunity, professional, pleasant interdisciplinary group interactions, opportunity for clinical skill building.

Cons: Need for supportive, knowledgeable supervision specific to hospice social work, per diem hours much too variable.