Vitas Innovative Hospice Care

Vitas Innovative Hospice Care Employer Reviews

Meaningful and Productive work
CERTIFIED NURSNG ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 26, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, breaks during the drive to clear head.
Cons: lots of driving, not knowing when i will start or end my day
I would travel to different patients homes and facilities, taking care of terminally ill patients with 6 months of life or less. I would drive anywhere from 50-200 miles a day, just depending on daily work and patient circumstances, tracking my records on a travel log. I would see anywhere from 5-8 patients a day. I learned that patient and family care is very important. That working in Hospice, as a caregiver and advocate, you are responsible for the family's well-being, along with the patient's. I am responsible for identifying family breakdown and any other problems that affect the patient and reporting it to my Registered Nurse and/or my Team Manager. Teamwork is very important. If someone is off for vacation, out sick, or needs assistance with a patient, we are responsible to help each other. The hardest part of this job is helping the family through the loss of a loved one. But at the same time it is very enjoyable to know you can be there and help both the patient and family through a very difficult time.
Undecided
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Denton, TXOctober 9, 2014
I love working in the hospice field. It can be very rewarding at times. The hardest part of this career is having to say goodbye to some of my patients A typical day at work is putting a smile on my patients faces and trying to get their mind off what they are going through..
Fast-paced learning environment.
Admissions Coordinator/Telecare CSR (Former Employee), Lombard IlOctober 8, 2014
Pros: benefits/401k
Cons: heavy workload not enough time in a day!
A typical day at Vitas in one word is challenging. Daily tasks include gathering patient data, inputting information in patient's charts. Dealing with patients families and various clergy in over 15 different states. The hardest part of the job is telling a family member that their loved one has been referred to Hospice. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting families through the Hospice process.
Caring for Hospice patients
CNA (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: seeing that the patient is comforted before their passing.
Cons: when patient census drops i am cancelled
Typical Night at Work: Different day to day
What I learned: How to do post mortem care
Management: I had a great team manager
Hardest Part of the Job: The emotions of family members
The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: Getting to know the patient & their story.
N/A
Receptionist & Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), Eatontown, NJSeptember 19, 2014
Management is tyrannical. Company is driven by financial gain and not quality of patient care. I would never use Vitas Hospice Services for my family members.
very productive place to work at
Patient Care Secretary (Current Employee), Lancaster, CASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches at times
I enjoyed working with paper work and making sure i worked in a very organized environment.
Very friendly people to work with.
Office Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 11, 2014
At VITAS, I am responsible for the organization and implemenation of the office system. I order medical and office supplies as well as stocking up important documentation for Doctor's & Nurses. I have learned the importance of simplifying the office system so that every employee can work smoothly in an office setting. I work with co-workers who are also considered my customers because they come to me on a daily basis for office supplies. I would have to say that the hardest part of my job is to gather medical supplies on a daily basis and disperse them to each nurse/nurse aid in a short window of time as we have up to a hundred nurses a day. The most enjoyable part of my job is to be able to serve my co-workers and to be able to help in any which way possible. It is very rewarding to be able to go into an office setting that have has a very welcoming atmosphere and environment.
Poor management
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee), MiamiSeptember 9, 2014
Management doesn't really care about their staff. No job security
volunteers make beautiful memory bears from pts. clothes
Case Manager (Former Employee), Southfield, miSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: good workers
Cons: program closed
My coworkers in Vitas- Southeast Michigan are all hardworkers and very pleasant to work with. Staff do care about the patients, family and each staff member.....
Rewarding work experience
Continuous Care LPN (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 31, 2014
Great work experience . A privilege to be able to help patients and families in their time of need.
Plenty of staff to cover nights and weekends.
Registered Nurse, Hospice Case Manager (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CAAugust 31, 2014
Plenty of time to spend with patients. Continuous Care available to patients as needs develop.
Supportive Work Environment
Chaplain Intern (Former Employee), Lombard, ILAugust 18, 2014
Pros: ice cream truck would come in the summer
Cons: phoning in our time sheet
A typical day could be a combination of traveling to different facilities to visit patients and their families, attending funerals/visitations, going to Care Conference meetings, or attending CPE cohort meetings. Management with VITAS and through CPE were consistently supportive and helpful. Co-workers were positive and created opportunities for me to participate in activities to gain more experience in different areas around the office.

This internship taught me Story Theology and process learning.
Medical Administration
PATIENT CARE SECRETARY/ FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee), Milpitas, CaAugust 15, 2014
Pros: good benefits, job security
Cons: office drama
Vitas is a basic corporate owned medical company. Simple 8am - 5pm Monday - Friday hours. Typical duties; answering phones, greeting patients and vendors, usage of Microsoft Office. The hardest part of the job is speaking to patient's family members who are in a panic.
tight group of caring people providing great care
Alternate Hours Runner, (Former Employee), San Diego, CA.......Encino,caAugust 13, 2014
Pros: great managers total support
Cons: some people werent really connected to hospice work and made it difficult
a great place to work, fantastic managers total support from staff to people in the field...enjoyed my time in san diego..I really didn't work long enough as a case manager 3 weeks when I moved to enicino
Great environment.
Inpatient Hospice RN (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXAugust 9, 2014
Pros: lots of growth.
Cons: halls were very long with no supply closets close by.
Very professional. Love my manager and coworkers. Only one coworker was difficult. She was in poor health and was unable to perform her duties. Loved working with patients and their families. Loved talking Texans Football!!!!! The patients and their families all had their favorite team.
great
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 26, 2014
Pros: great
Cons: great
great staffing
great management
great environment
The greatest thing was caring for the patients and family while providing support
Very heart warming, a place where compassion and empathy are truly thier greatest asset.
Continuous Care Nurse (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: working per diem, i was able to schedule my availablity.
Cons: working per diem, their were times when i wanted to work, but didn't get called.
Almost every shift was different beginning with the patient and the care that was needed.
I learned that death can be beautiful.
I know that every person there loved what they do.
The hardest part was to put my own feelings regarding death and dying on hold and do the best for the patient.
It gives me a good feeling to know that I was there when their family or loved ones could not be.
Excellent place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Dade-Monroe ProgramJuly 20, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: lower wages and poor benefits
Management are flexible for the most part. A very rewarding type of job. the only downside is the compensation is a bit on the lower end of the spectrum.
I loved my job
CHPNA (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 15, 2014
ther was never a typical day at hospice, I learned how to work as a team, I learned about many diseases, and their effects pain management, my coworkers were great, I tried to give all I had to make this part of life as easy as possible for pt and their familys. the hardest part was their death, the most enjoyable was their smiles.
Productive and fun work place. Very rewarding job.
Lead patient Care Secretary (Current Employee), Torrance, CAJuly 14, 2014
This job gives you the opportunity to be of maximum service to people in their greatest hours of need.