Vitas Innovative Hospice Care

Vitas Innovative Hospice Care Employer Reviews

Excellent place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Dade-Monroe ProgramJuly 20, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: lower wages and poor benefits
Management are flexible for the most part. A very rewarding type of job. the only downside is the compensation is a bit on the lower end of the spectrum.
I loved my job
CHPNA (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 15, 2014
ther was never a typical day at hospice, I learned how to work as a team, I learned about many diseases, and their effects pain management, my coworkers were great, I tried to give all I had to make this part of life as easy as possible for pt and their familys. the hardest part was their death, the most enjoyable was their smiles.
Productive and fun work place. Very rewarding job.
Lead patient Care Secretary (Current Employee), Torrance, CAJuly 14, 2014
This job gives you the opportunity to be of maximum service to people in their greatest hours of need.
Beware upper management
Registered Nurse, Field Hospice Case Manager (Former Employee), Encino, CAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: great people are your team
Cons: excessive pressure from cold upper management
I loved making a positive impact on our patients, their caregivers, families and friends. Some of my best memories are patients and their families/caregivers that I got close to. My co-workers in the field are dedicated compassionate and truly caring people and it's great working with a team and as a team. The team managers are a mixed bag, some good and some a terror to work under.

The worst part? Upper management. They care about making the company money more than anything. The atmosphere was becoming tense, hypercritical, frequent messages threatening our jobs if we don't do this and that and get your quota patients seen and the ever-increasing paper work done perfectly in a 8hr day. The 8hr day, if done even close to all "they" demanded was in fact a 10hr day. If we claimed OT "they" would brow-beat the team managers who would pass it on to us so we didn't claim OT and finished our work unpaid. I did not appreciate living in fear of my job .
Love of geriatric patient care and ability to be there for patients to pass with dignity while providing excellent patient care.
Field Rn/Case Manager (Former Employee), daytona beach floridaJuly 1, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, paid time off
Loved working for vitas. would still be there if didnt inflict injury which required 2 surgeries and they had to hire someone else for my position.
It was a great learning experience
Extern (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 30, 2014
It was a nice learning experience and gave me a great way to improve my skills.
Good work and family life balance.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PAJune 25, 2014
Good documentation program enabled completion of documentation at the bedside. I felt the management was nice, though there were changes in management at the time.
Great job, great team of people
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 24, 2014
Pros: team atmosphere
Cons: charting is 'old school' on paper- not up to date on technology
I loved my team of co-workers. I looked forward to Wednesday meetings to see them. For me it was a good balance of working with others and being accountable for my own time management.
good place to learn
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 19, 2014
Some managers are good and some are fair. A good place to learn and build your experience,
Work that matters, but is not recognized
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee), Lombard, ILJune 19, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: compensation and management
I enjoy the work that I do at Vitas, providing support and assistance to families caring for loved ones at the end of life. The work is rewarding and not too challenging. My co-workers are phenomenal, always helping each other and very kind individuals. The issue with the company is the management and compensation. The company has been in a pay freeze for the past 2 years, and they do not offer company bonuses. The management acts like they care, but they do not address employee concerns.
A good place to volunteer.
Spiritual Care Provider (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2014
A great place to build a solid work foundation at any hospice facility.
New look on life
Patient Care Secretary (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 9, 2014
I enjoyed working along side amazing nurses and patients. The job was hard but gave me a new look on life.
Provides an opportunity for meaningful social work experience.
MSW (LMSW pending) (Current Employee), Middlebury, CTJune 6, 2014
Pros: Meaningful direct practice social work opportunity, professional, pleasant interdisciplinary group interactions, opportunity for clinical skill building.

Cons: Need for supportive, knowledgeable supervision specific to hospice social work, per diem hours much too variable.
Good Company
RN Hospice Case Manager (Former Employee), Tinley Park, ILJune 4, 2014
Enjoyable place to work, great upper management, Loved working for Vitas.
Helping patients at the end of life was the most rewarding part of my job.
Hospice Nurse (Former Employee), San Antonio TexasMay 30, 2014
Helping patients at the end of life was the most rewarding part of my job,
Productive Day
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 26, 2014
I enjoy my job alot, I like the feeling of someone needing your help and look forward to seeing you daily. Working with the company you feel appreciated for the work that you do on a daily basis,
Flexible Work schedule
Certified nursing assistant (Former Employee), AtlantaMay 22, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: employees are not always looked out for
Sometimes I made my own hours in the beginning and the patient load isn't always too bad. It was a great experience learning about the ins and outs of hospice and the process. It was great meeting different families and cultures and touching their lives in a good way. The hardest part would be getting attached to a patient who would pass away and sometimes I would get patients that would require a lot of labor. The most enjoyable part would be making the patients and their families smile because of the care they received.
Very flexible with work hours
PCS (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 19, 2014
Pros: good for people who decide to go back to school
Cons: no room for advancement
Vitas works with school hours. Vitas does allow you to make your own hours if you're per diem. But there is really no room for advancement.
Terrible work environment
Telephone Triage RN (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 12, 2014
Pros: flexible days and shifts
Cons: low wages compared to industry average
I worked for Vitas in the role of Triage nurse for many years. The morale was very low, Micro-management of employees is the norm, raises were frozen, turnover was high, vacation requests were consistently denied. Management lacks trust.
A typical work day is extremely busy and short staffed.
The environment is team oriented as delivery of hospice services requires a team effort to be successful.
The hardest part of the job is the constant review of statistics extolling employees to do more and more, while the company denied pay raises and cut benefits to the bone.
Excellent place to volunteer and work
Administrative Volunteer (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 8, 2014
Everyone always greets you with a smile on their faces. The volunteer coordinator has taught me about patient care files, onboarding potential volunteers, putting together proper notes, packets and other literature. The hardest part of the job is to walk away. Time passes by when you're having fun.