Vitera Healthcare Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Large Corporation, Medical Practice Software
CUSTOMER SUPPORT TECHNICIAN II EDI (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 8, 2013
Provides client support on several Medical Practice Software Systems.
Fast paced, high pressure working environment. Immediate staff as far as coworkers are friendly.
Immediate superviors and management is friendly,
Upper corporate management is distant from immediate staff.
Fairly good benefits package, however somewhat costly.
Previous corporation prior to take over had better benefits.
Corporation seems more concerned with profit then the employees well being.
Compansation is good, and room to advance is good.
Pros
immediate coworkers, salary compensation
Cons
very stressful and fast paced, corporate seems to be concerned with profit not employee loyality and dedication.
Numbers Driven Company with care about employees
Inside Sales Consultant I (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Vitera was a fantastic place to work, with benefits starting at day one. They trained their employees in a basic class for two weeks, then broke the class down to specific jobs for further training. Once the training was complete, they also would have you shadow a mentor, and learn all you could before jumping in feet first. The break room provided internet and a foosball table as well as a small market for snacks or meals. The people were generally all very polite and pleasant, and most everyone got along. It was a company with a lot of employees that had similar interests. Games would be played during lunch hours, and the support teams would have team building exercises and appreciation weeks. It was a very friendly environment!
Pros
foosball, coffee bars, appreciation week, immediate benefits, friendly people, hard work but play harder!
Cons
numbers driven
Co-workers
Information System for the Medical Manager/Intergy (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 20, 2013
Work load exceeded number of staff; learning was by trial and error; management varied among divisions; Quality staff and great team effort; hardest part of job was to resolve issues as best we could for volume of cases and lack of training; most enjoyable part of job was the gratification from resolving issues, working remotely, and researching to learn.
Pros
remote home office
Cons
no raises and not knowing when the next layoff would occur
Independent work schedule.
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 28, 2012
I worked out of my home office. When not doing service calls in my territory I would take help desk calls at home. I supported sales engineering and field service. I installed small office computer systems for physician offices, credit unions, point of sale, and general contracting systems. I maintained hardware contracts at 100+ sites across NE Pennsylvania and the southern tier if NY. I was also available to cover for other techs in adjacent territories when needed. I am very independent and get along well with co-workers.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not a lot of interaction with other employees
Great Co-workers
Customer Support Technician I (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaApril 9, 2014
I absolutely loved my co-workers. I enjoyed being beside them tackling any issues and working through reported problems. I saw friends aim for other positions in the company but every time the position was filled with a brand new employee. I saw this as no opportunity of moving up and through the company to better myself and my experience.
Pros
definite perks and motivational events for employees and goals set department-wide
Cons
no ability to increase salary or move up and through the company into new departments
Not your best option
Past employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, flSeptember 19, 2012
If working with 18-25 yr old people with limited "professional experience," is some you enjoy then apply. Company is no longer in top 10 EMR's in the industry and it shows. Mgmt overworked employees and thinks nothing oh layoff's. Senior mgmt is not trust worthy and will not be there in the end. Custimers are very tired of the rotating corporate CEO musical chairs!
benefits
Cons
revolving mgmt and continued layoffs
Once a great place to work
Technical Support Specialist, II (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 28, 2012
Before the acquisition of Sage Software Healthcare Division by Vista Equity Partners, it was a decent place to work. Good benefits, decent pay. Once acquired by Vista and renamed to "Vitera Healthcare Solutions", things went down hill rapidly.

Benefits were stripped, employees were forced to sign a 12-page contract if they wanted to keep their position. Not doing so implied immediate resignation. While in transition, there was uncertainty and the working environment became stressful. Managers pushed "metrics" in place of Quality of Service because they knew the only measure of their job performance was a spreadsheet or bar graph of closed calls. Client's immediately picked up on the decline in support and voiced their concern.

Not surprisingly, in Feb., 2012, Vitera discharged approximately 300 employees, including 10-15 year company veterans.

Further research indicates that most companies acquired by Vista have similar stories and receive poor reviews from employees.
Pros
covered parking garage, good working environment, knowledgeable employees.
Cons
uncertainty, not employee-centric, only profit motivated, corporate spin aka lies
Recently laid off hundreds of employees.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 10, 2012
Vista purchased Sage Healthcare in November 2011, renaming the company, "Vitera Healthcare Solutions." In February, 2012, Vista had a reduction in force of hundreds of employees. Vitera is investing in their company and intends to grow in a new direction.
Pros
strong benefits for employees
Cons
change is always difficult.
good place
Renewal Specialist Coordinator (Current Employee) –  tampa, flOctober 7, 2013
good place to work, great atmosphere, management is good, benefits are okay high deductible, sometimes gets boring staring at the computer all day, monday thru friday 9-5 type of work schedule
Good Company
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 1, 2015
It was a great company to work for since I was working remote position as EDI Technical Support Analyst. Supported clients with EDI issues and resolved there issues with the software. Since I have the skills to assists with there issues and get the issues resolved you help client to get there day started.
Not a good experience
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2014
There was lack of direction, I was not busy enough, and it was a cut-throat environment. I learned a lot about administrative support for C-level executives, which I hadn't had previously. My co-workers were very pleasant, but everyone seemed overworked and stressed.
Never agian
Senior Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  TampaJanuary 25, 2014
It was a job while I looked for something more rewarding, management was for lack of a better saying demented, unsure of what to do or where to go, lacking direction in other words. Basically there attitude is we can find another zombie if this person doesn't work for us for free. Welcome to the new America where employers want dedication and commitment while providing nothing in return. If you hire on keep looking for your next job.
Pros
its a job but keep the resume out there
Cons
mangement or lack there of, turn and burn attitude towards employees
Excellent opportunity to use analytic skills to quickly resolve system/application issues.
Advanced System Software Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, Ga, remote from home.June 29, 2013
Worked with highly skilled and very personable co-workers under easily accessible direct management for management decisions where needed. First real opportunity to work with people throughout the country and not just my native South. Immense satisfaction from resolving a down system or a crucial system function.
Large company
Assisting Accounts Receivables (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 11, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Vitera even though it was a temporary position. Had the opportunity to work doing Collections calling doctor's offices, hospitals and medical facilities.
Pros
friendly environment
Good place to gain some experience
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 1, 2013
Co workers are enjoyable, most people are straight out of college. Employees are treated as workers rather than people. Their hiring structure is flawed and management is poor at communicating. There is a large disconnect between levels of management and those they manage.
Technical Support for Intergy Software
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 24, 2013
I received live calls from medical practice clients that were personable with varied software issues.

I performed detailed triage and solution research to trouble-shoot and resolve problems.

Instant messaging was used within our team to assist each other in identifying and resolving issues quickly.
Pros
nice clients with a variety of calls and software issues
Cons
overload of work after bi-monthly lay-offs
Productive and friendly place to work
WebMD and Medical Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 28, 2012
The team spirit is shown in everything we did. Everyone goes out of the way to provide any help. Management stays out of the way and gives you tools you need.
Pros
very flexible work schedule.
Cons
outside vendors were slow in response.
Review
Senior Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FlJuly 16, 2013
Not a plesant experiance.
Management is not the best.
Co workers are very helpful.
Pros
non to speak of
Cons
preditory organization
Worst compnay to work for
Sales (Former Employee) –  USAJune 29, 2014
Not even Vitera anymore, just a big embarrassment on my resume.
Pros
near a nice mall
Cons
their existance
Great medical software
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  TampaMarch 19, 2012
Vitera Healthcare has great medical software and great people to support it.

2.8