Viterbo University Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Adjunct
Adjunct Instructor - Advanced English Composition (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJuly 4, 2017
I like Viterbo a lot. I like all of my colleagues and the atmosphere at the university. The students are thoughtful and engaged. I am an adjunct, however, and the pay is incredibly low. I actually make more at Starbucks.
Great learning environment
Campus Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJune 20, 2017
Being able to attend Viterbo made being a Campus Tour Guide as easy job. Talking about the school where I have learned so much just came naturally and easy
slow workplace
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIDecember 26, 2016
Great place to work, non stressful, and easy to follow and get things done. I was able to balance work and school smoothly.
Leadership is misleading - culture of deceit
Professor (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJuly 1, 2016
Working with the students is great. They are an awesome aspect to working for this University. But future applicants need to be aware of something - this university is a corporation, ran by the Franciscan sisters, and it is greedy.
Recently, programs in education were cut in favor of growing the nursing program. In fact, some of the major programs at this university are targeted for sunsetting (elimination), while other programs are left untouched.
The Masters of education program, the criminal justice program, the sociology program, amongst others are all set to expire within 1-3 years.
If you are applying to this company, be diligent in your research of its history. It is and always will be a nursing school.
Intern summary
Internship (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIDecember 21, 2015
With my internship I was thrust into a world of deadlines coming to end that needed attention and organizing future projects that people may need for reference in the future. It made me work on how I would normally organize a file or project and find ways that anybody who had to go into work that I had worked on wouldn’t get lost. It was important to know how to make all files readable for some new eyes who might be receiving very little information.
This internship fit into my college education so much more than I thought it would. Most importantly I had to learn to adapt to new programs. I didn’t know a lot of other programs in the area that wasn’t my emphasis but this internship made me learn that I would have to be able to adapt to new things. I think it was a big point to be able to learn new programs and still be able to work with the ones I was use to it.
This made me grow personally after having to learn a few new programs right off the bat. I never thought I would have to use these ones but after getting dumped into a fast paced world I learned that to be ignorant of other programs and thinking there is someone you’ll being working with will have all the answers is a silly way to go through life.
I believe this job gave me the experience of tight deadlines. If I hadn’t had a job where deadlines were such a big deal I may have never realized that in a real job scenario deadlines can make or break you in the real world. I later met with other job employers and I learned that deadlines are what really keeps clients interested in a business, so when a company doesn’t
  more... make their given deadlines it can break a company’s reputation.
This internship showed me that when one gives their word on a subject or a promise it is law. People need to be held responsible for their promises and when it comes to this area we do it. If someone says here is the deadline I need some product by then that is the time it it due.
The com and marketing place I worked at for viterbo dealt with all the ads for the school and promotions. We served all people who had up coming plays and any and all events. The climate really made the internship great! Fun people to work with and they all had knowledge of the area so I always had someone to help me when I didn’t know what to do!
A wonderful place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMay 11, 2015
My job was summer work study. I filed hundreds of files. There was lots of busy work. I was never left bored because I was always working!
Pros
Never a dull moment
Cons
very repetitive duties
Community atmosphere
Assistant Dean-School of Nursing (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMay 10, 2015
Viterbo University is a private catholic university founded by the Franciscan sisters of perpetual adoration. The school of nursing is the largest major and has over 600 students in their programs. Enrollment in the programs continues to expand and the campus faculty fully support the school of nursing.
Pros
Franciscan values are emulated by employees.
Cons
limited faculty resources for increased enrollment.
Great Christian eviornemnt
Manager of the women's basketball team (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIOctober 29, 2014
It was very peaceful to work in such a wonderful Christian environment where people were encouraged to be themselves.
Liberal Arts Franciscan University
Resident Assistant/Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMay 22, 2014
I have loved my time at Viterbo very much. Their Franciscan values of contemplation, hospitality, integrity, service, and stewardship truly shine through in all that they do. I will miss the Viterbo community and all that it has to offer.
Gaining Experience
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIApril 30, 2013
Tutoring allowed me to gain experience in helping others achieve their goals.
Productive workplace that allowed students to excel in their studies.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIApril 11, 2013
I would have to prep for a tutoring session, spend an hour helping students who needed extra help in their course. I learned how great it makes you feel to help other students. I worked among other tutors who were also helping students. The hardest part of my job was to keep the students who I was tutoring to come back. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new students and helping them succeed.
Pros
helping others succeed in their classes.
Cons
minimum hours
Excellent
Adjunct Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  La Crosse WIMarch 14, 2013
A great place to work. I enjoy teaching here a great deal. The staff and students are commited to learning and the atmosphere is very supportive.
Private Catholic Franciscan Univeristy
Executive Administrative Assistant -President (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMay 29, 2012
Great place to work - I highly recommend it. Very employee centered.