Vitran Express Employee Reviews

Great place prior to shutdown of terminal
Linehaul Operator Tractor Trailer (Former Employee) –  Henderson, CO 80640May 25, 2017
Great place prior to the terminal closing. Dispatch staff worked hard to schedule on time gate departure. Terminal manager was very easy to talk to. Wished they never shut this place down.
Pros
Terminal staff
Cons
Closed the terminal
work review
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 21, 2017
This is a company I worked at years ago. It was a great workplace to play at. This company was very team inspired. The hardest part of this job was the management.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAApril 23, 2017
I won't lie I enjoyed working at Vitran, met some great people that I still contact. This job was a challenge at times but really learned a lot in my 2 years there.
Truck Driver
Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2017
fun place to work and a very busy schedule maintain and operate a semi pulling double trailers to the Illinois border and return to Columbus Ohio. Company was bought out and transferred facilities to new facility outside of central Ohio.
P & D city driver
PD-City Driver/Line Hauler (Former Employee) –  Tomah, WIMarch 13, 2017
a very good job to work, getting exercise and meeting different people on a daily basis, great customer relations, in stead of just driving a truck and doing nothing. A very decent wage and home daily.
Pros
good wage, and benifits
Cons
poor management
Vitran was a good little regional carrier.
National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2017
Vitran was a good little regional carrier and unfortunately just could not make it on their own. They had a very good management team that just was not given enough time to get the company where it needed to be.
Productive and very fun workplace. Team communicates very well.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 3, 2017
Learned a lot about excel, fit in very well. A lot of very open personalities. Decent pay, ok benefits. A fun workplace that is designed to help you succeed and that helps you really get your foot in the door.
Fun Pace
ADMINISTRATIVE/CUSTOMER SERVICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 27, 2017
Long hours of dedication to assure care was put in the products requested by our customers, but this company knew how to keep the employees engaged. This was a fun pace workplace, competitive but in a very structural & positive way.
Wonderful Company
Billing Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 17, 2016
Vitran gave me my first opportunity and I loved everything about this company. This company has taught me everything that I know! Management were some of the most fun and educational people. This was the most wonderful company!
Enjoyed first time
Dispatch/Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHAugust 10, 2016
This being the first time employed with them i really enjoyed the whole experience of transportation industry, I enjoyed working with my team and thew drivers.
Pros
Working with drivers, and crew
Merged to companies, Overland and Quast, together for Vitran.
Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 8, 2016
Work load was 24/7. Work enjoyable. I was over all terminal operations, customer service, sales territory, dispatch, and truck drivers. I had extensive training for drivers.
Pros
Too many hours.
Cons
Good pay
Company has sold.
DOCK SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 26, 2016
Company sold to Central Transport. Management was unwilling to attempt new ways of improving service and timeliness.
Forklift Operator
VITRAN OPERATOR/LABORER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2016
Verify and maintain records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Prepare items for shipment. Duties include assembling,addressing,stamping,and shipping merchandise or material
Not perfect, but was a decent place to work
Weights and Inspections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 13, 2016
From day one, I was always treated with respect. Management always had my back if there ever was a problem or disagreement. Had the company not been bought out, I could see myself still working there to this day.
Busy, fast pace and extensive driving throughout shift
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDApril 7, 2016
Hectic schedule and strenuous working of 14 hours per day, worked independently driving his route each day. Worked very hard in ensuring all stops were made each day and in a timely fashion, extensive lifting throughout shift. Motivated and challenged by work provided and enjoyed all aspects of the busy job on a daily basis.
N/a
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 31, 2016
Overall atmosphere was great. The terminal itself had a great work ethic and was driven to provide our service. The terminal ran itself because of the group of people we had working there.
Local P&D Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 29, 2016
This was a really good place to work! From management down, we were a well oiled machine because we all had an extensive background in freight and logistics. Management recognized the knowledge and expertise of the drivers and depended highly on "us" and also involved "us" in the routing and scheduling process.
Pros
Good people to work for and work with. Good late model well maintained equipment.
Cons
The facility created challenges because of it's size and condition.
Sales Day
Account Manager/National Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 31, 2016
My day consists of setting myself up for success for the next few weeks with appointments and also handle the current weeks set calls with planned discussiong topics.
Pros
Ablity to meet people and grow my business profitable
Cons
Not enough time in the day to get things done so it carriers over to nighttime.
Excellent Logistics company
Billing Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 29, 2016
A typical work day would be going in to work around 3p and not leaving until 3-4a the following morning due to an over abundance of work that you had to complete as a team. I worked from using a split screen system AS400 and one side you would have a copy of the bill of lading and the other screen would be a data entry screen. You would enter the information from the bill of lading to the data entry screen side. I learned about the classes of different products like nails and screws and ect. The hardest part of the job would have to be the constant overtime and sometimes not getting enough sleep before having to come in the next day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay from working all the overtime.
Pros
Weekly paychecks, half hour lunches
Cons
Constant overtime, not getting enough sleep at night.
Typical Dockwork under poor conditions.
Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Became proficient on the forklift and proficient at moving freight under poor conditions. Became very good at work with the rf scanner.
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
Very poor work conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vitran Express. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9