VITRAN Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Assistant Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2017
The environment was caustic. Much work was done to develop standards and processes that were not used. Management was not open to listening to ideas and proceeded in a bubble.
Hard working mechanic proficient in problem solving complex auto repair issues
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VISeptember 28, 2016
I learn how to fix brakes, repair AC unit, and changing tires.My co- workers teach me a lot about fixing buses and cars.The most enjoyable part of the job is fixing buses.
Pros
lunch break at any time
Poor Place to work
Line Haul Driver & Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 29, 2015
Long hours and overnight stays. Supervisors showed no respect to their employees. Unsafe equipment and work environment. Did not follow government rules and regulations. No compassion to employees for example a death of a immediate family member.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long Hours. Overnight stays. Unsafe environment
Best group of co-workers
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Walbridge, OHFebruary 25, 2014
I worked with the best people! I'm sad the company sold out to Central Transport put a lot of people out of a job. I really enjoyed working there and learning all the aspects of ltl.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
pay
Production
Assistant Customer Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis MO.October 27, 2013
A typical day of work is managing people and building moral while following all company policies and procedures. The hardest part of my day is satisfying all customers while also being profitable. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my team to resolve all issues.
Pros
phone allowence, insurance, and make my own hours
Cons
doesnt match 401K
under apprecaited
Driver/Helper (Current Employee) –  Walbridge, OHOctober 2, 2013
I enjoy working LTL city currently you could find me in Monroe or Washtenaw county areas Mon thru Fri. I also help out were needed. I'm choosing to look elsewhere due to the uncertainty of this company and where its heading.
Cons
Unstable
What good can I say, LOL None.,
Driver (Current Employee) –  TerminalSeptember 30, 2013
If you are looking, Do not look here. Worst liars and overworking each driver with double the normal daily deliveries and pickups. No force my A''.
Worst part is the pay. I have not gotten a raise since I started here 3 years ago. Although the 15 times they promised raises later finding out just lies to keep us all from quiting while awaiting a buy out.
This company has ruined my life as well as many others.
Pros
None. Dont exhist
Cons
Everything that makes a bad company. Find it all at vitran.
High demand job with great co workers
Welder/Fabricator bldg maint/ heavy Equipt.Oprtr (Current Employee) –  Gibsonia, PAApril 28, 2013
There is no typical day at my job. Everyday is a different experience. I may end up driving a back hoe one day or end up at a terminal in Erie. I have learned alot about logistics in the trucking industry & maintenance on trucks. When I stared we were owned my a family run business and now it is a huge united states/ Canadian LTL company. The group of guys I work with are great and I call them my friends. The hardest part of the job is trying to be in several places at one time. My job is a high demand job for 1 person. The most enjoyable part of my job is the new experiences and great co workers.
Pros
working with a great group of people
Cons
not knowing the stability of the company
Eager to start each day. Smiling through out the day always a plus for good and bad days
Driver (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 10, 2013
A typical day of work is waiting for freight to come in. Generally leaving the terminal later than you would like. Getting to see costumers dailly, weekly, monthly depending upon frequency of deliveries or pick ups, highlight of the day, downside of the day- explaining why their freight is damaged.

I learned to stay positive through the day. It is all you have.

Management I feel is improving in morals and attitude.

CoWorkers are the best, they correct me when observe something I am doing is wrong. Easy to work with, pleasant.

The hardest part of the job is making up time. You can not.

The most enjoyable part of the job is delivering a qaulity good to a anxious costumer
Pros
listed above
Cons
listed above
Everyday is a new Challange
Regional Manager OS&D (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNDecember 27, 2012
I have nothing bad to say about Vitran. Very good management and hard working people. I have learned a lot from them. I travel a lot and I need to find something with not as much traveland more income
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
travel a lot/low income
Good management ,Fun , Disciplinary work
Material Handeler (Former Employee) –  52 nd Street,SE, CalgaryJanuary 29, 2012
I Have enjoyed to work here, Company is nice , People Management is very organised.Payscale ,Respect to the worker every thing good.
Pros
free coffe
Cons
healthcare is good