VITRO Employee Reviews

Decent Place to work . Its what you make of it
Staff Management (Former Employee) –  Crestline, OHSeptember 12, 2017
Like any job it has its ups and downs. Alot of hours lot of hard work. Takes dedication I was a QC there. Management is a little unorganized. But its not a bad place to work overall.
To many hoops to jump through to work here
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 24, 2017
Huge turn over rate. Have to pass a 3 part test fail any 3 and your done. Not willing to train to hire and keep good people. If you don't pass any of the 3 parts. You have to wait a year to retake the tests. Office staff should have to pass a test as well. I'm sure all would fail.
Pros
Union
Cons
Hiring process
No comments
Data Management Supervisor/Section Leader (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJune 21, 2017
I was hired as the Data Management Supervisor/Section Leader, working on site at IBM, Manassas, VA, in two locations. I supervised eight other employees at both locations in preparing classified information data.
Shifts are too long
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 29, 2017
some days had to work 16 hours and then go home and sleep for a little and then I had to be back at work the next day for another 10 hour shift. People quit there all the time.
Creative Work Environment
Client Services Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 11, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my work experience at this advertising agency. From the benefits to dynamic employees, ViTRO provides a creative workplace to explore advertising.
Poor work ethics
Lean Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  MexicoMarch 30, 2017
Not recommendable, Poor work ethics, awful work envirnoment.
No room for new ideas, no leadership, no continuous improvement.

Do not recommend for any job opportunities.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Not recommendable
Good benefits and hours
Warerroom worker (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 8, 2017
I work 12 hours a day 3 to 4 times a week for $34,000/ year. My management staff isn't very involved, but when asked they are to help.
Great stepping stone in my career
Computer Graphics Technician / Staff Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 13, 2016
Provided me all of the tools to work with including training on computer systems. Great atmosphere to work with professionals who took me under their wing.
Pros
State of the art equipment
Cons
Beauracracy at it's finest
no longer exists
Designer/Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  silver spring md.October 2, 2014
excellent place to work, great environment, good advancement potential no longer exists
Pros
My entry into engineering
Great Job.
Test Set Up Specialist (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMay 22, 2014
I set up Test Beds for defense contractor testing military equipment. Because of the U.S. Army Electronic Proving Grounds standards, contractors selling hardware needed to have identical test platforms. These platforms were constructed using various methods including high-voltage electrical hookups, various test arrangements, and targets.
Very Productive work place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Westland, MINovember 11, 2013
While at Vitro I learned how to work as a team player. I like all my co-workers they were all hard workers. Are managers were always trying to push up to work harder. The hardest part about the job was the pace they wanted you to work at, but once i got use to the pace the job was very easy.
Pros
Breaks every 2 hours
Cons
alot of lay offs
Great work environment
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 20, 2013
Due to government regulations, we worked 40 hours per week with no exceptions. Learned accounts payable, balancing bank statements; office equipment. Management was not micromanagers, only 3 clerks in office who had different jobs and worked very well together. Nothing hard about the job and was exciting to learn accounting methods and auditing.
Pros
work environment
Cons
no Cons
Great Place to Work
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 3, 2013
Meeting with my manager in the morning. Getting payroll, benefits, and other work duties completed each day. Training the secretaries and making sure their jobs were completed in a timely manner. I learned every thing from this job. They prepared me to pursue other careers. Mangement was great. My co-workers were wonderful. I did not dislike any part of the job. I enjoyed every aspect of this job.
Pros
Good benefits, nice activities for the employees
Cons
Was in high school great learning experience
Security File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 4, 2013
Co-workers were great and taught a lot of life lessons.
Learned detail file systems and that you need to make sure that you did your job correctly so others could do theirs
Creative Environment with wonderful, passionate people
Media Strategist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 28, 2013
You will love it here. Everyday is different based on the ebb and flow of the clients needs. Management will stand up for you. The people make you get out of bed to come to work. Awesome atmosphere.