VIVA Pediatrics Employee Reviews

Great pay.thats it.
LVN (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 23, 2016
They cant retain their staff. I am always talking to someone new. They have "cliques" and gossip is part of their job. They make sure you know who is boss and that is all there is to it. It does not matter how much experience you have or how many IV or trach case you have done for them, if they want to force you to take the training, they will or they will try and bump you and your pay down. They do not care if you were working 48 hours at one point and depended on those hours, if they want to only give you 36, they will. Ever since certain people left, the company is going down hill. They really arent about doing whats right when it comes to the families. They allow the family to do things to keep their medicaid hours instead of trying to do whats best for the child. And if a house is not in proper order, they fuss about how u are wrong and they just went to visit the house and it was perfect. They dont care about the conditions we work in or about the hours we ask for. Im done with this company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Horrible management
Had some great cases but enternal staff poor
LVN Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 16, 2016
Can have some great cases if you're able to find the right case. The enternal staff don't exactly know what the field nurses do therefore, they don't know how to approach the nurses.
Pros
GREAT CASES
Cons
POOR PAY
Nurse
Nurse (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 30, 2016
There is a high turnover with field and office nurses. Case Managers and DONs are constantly changing. Poor communication between office. Benefits are different for field nurses vs office nurses. No PTO for field nurses. Insurance is terrible. Nurse's pay is not the same between different offices. RN owner is very unprofessional. Upper management is a joke.
Good people with good hearts
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 11, 2016
I continued to be impressed by the good nature of the company. The company has great communication for both good and bad news. As a SLP, my colleagues are great for collaboration, especially for a home health agency. The nurses are good fits for their families and involved with the therapy sessions. Nice to belong to an establishment that does good work.
Good Working Environment
RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 20, 2016
Viva Pediatrics is a great place to work. I came to them fresh out of nursing school after passing my NCLEX-RN, they made sure that I've felt comfortable on any new case I've taken, especially in the beginning. It is very rare to find a nursing agency that values their nurses as much as their patients and patient families like Viva Pediatrics.
Best company to work for in pediatrics
License Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 20, 2016
love working with the staff. Of course our clients are the best. Great hrs. They are not pushy. I work in home with clients and enjoy all the kids
Pros
Great Staff support
Cons
Excellent company to work for.
HR (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 20, 2016
Owners are always looking out for the best interest of their employees and patients. They are passionate about what they do and are always looking for ways to improve.
Pros
True open door policy - Owners always make themselves available to employees
Poor Management
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  RichardsonFebruary 26, 2016
Allows employees in interviews with potential employee instead of management doing the hiring. Children/babies in office cause a disruption. I found the gossip among employees unbearable and disruptive in the workplace, Dress code was anything but professional among management is some cases and certainly among employees. Management needs more experience on the pros and cons of being professional and not being a buddy. The director over the staff spent too much time on her phone and showing cartoons to the staff on the internet instead of problem solving and managing her employees. She also demonstrated her preference for certain employees and allowed them to take longer lunch hours and come in late without any consequences. Over all, it was ill ran and if you are experienced and older, you will not be happy with how the company is ran. HR needs to address problems when they are address and are aware of a situation and not close a blind eye.
Pros
Owners were nice but still need more experience
Cons
Director is very inprofessional and spends too much time on her phone with personal matters.
Ok place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 3, 2014
This is a new company and will be a great place to work. The management is friendly but they have a lot of learning to do
Good people
Pediatric Home Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 21, 2014
The office staff were all good hearted and down to earth people. Harder as a male nurse to find cases but still the would work there tail off to keep me busy.
Great training for trach & vent
RN (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 21, 2014
Viva has great training for trach & vent patients. Willing to work with your schedule. Management always has their door open for the employee!
Pros
Very nice people to work with!
Cons
Hours sometimes get missed on paychecks
Learned a great deal in Pediatric Home Health
pediatric nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 17, 2014
I learned a great deal in what goes on in Home Health Care, management worked with me to give me the best opportunity to succeed, I truly enjoyed making a difference to the family and children I worked with.
Great place for the flexible nurse!
Pediatric Home Health, LVN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 24, 2014
As one the first VIVA employees I am pleased to say that patient care has always been a priority. There's great communication with staff nurses and management. Unfortunately i'm unable to get work when my primary patient is hospitalized. My needs are different from staffing needs. However, this could happen with any staffing agency. I'm proud to say that after 5 years of employment that this hasn't always been an issue. Overall great place to work if you're flexible!
Pros
Loving and caring staff
Cons
Lack of work stability that comes along with staffing agencies
great management
LVN (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 18, 2013
they have a very kind and courteous staff. the nurses that I worked with were great.
Great Pay but Zero Job Security
In Home Private Duty Pediatric Skilled Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2012
This is a small company who has cast a wide net. However, they simply don't have a high enough census so work is solid for 2 months and then boom, your case isn't recerted and they can't find you consistent work for months. I enjoyed immensely caring for my patient but then they had one problem after another getting me another full time case, their base client load is simply too small. They need to spend more time marketing & less time nurse recruiting until they can balance that out so there is work for the nurses they hire. I called & called & the work just wasn't there and they just wanted me to take a fill in here or there. I can't feed my family like that.

So great pay, and great work-when you can get it, but not managed properly so their nurses don't starve & have to find a new job when their current case finishes.
Pros
great pay
Cons
insurance is a joke, no consistent full time work availability.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VIVA Pediatrics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9