Vivial Media LLC Employee Reviews

Never a dull Moment
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 12, 2018
Maintaining and growing existing book of business while chasing after new accounts. Taught me alot on how to work independently , and maintain goal objectives.
Stressful workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 4, 2018
You either make your quota or you are replaced. High achievers rule; everyone else is replaceable.
I had managers who were focused on making their quota above all else.
Pros
Good benefits
Poor Management, Cut-throat, Run
Account Executive/Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 3, 2018
Poor Management with no prior skills. Cut-throat environment, always micromanaged, you never new if you would have a job or not. Hard sell, very competitive market.
Pros
pay
Cons
management, micro-management, cut-throat, 10:1 ratio men to women, good old boy club
Horrible management
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 20, 2017
The company says they are a New York Based Tech company. But all their decision are made in the mid-west. They do not appreciate their employees in new york city.
Division Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 15, 2017
Sales organization that evolves as technology changes to stay current. Laid back, but also hard working environment. They have fun, but expect results.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
minimal raises
Fun place to work! Great first steps into the marketing world
Ad Tech Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 12, 2017
Vivial has been nothing but great to me! The training was excellent considering the huge suite of digital products we have to offer, and the time period allotted to complete training. I have learned so much with this company so far. Compensation is great, and you are really in charge of your own destiny. You are given all the tools you need to be successful, you just have to do the work!
Great collaborative environment
Ad Tech Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 9, 2017
Everyone respects each other. We have a great team in Atlanta. It is a pleasure to work in our office or from home each day. Everyone wants everyone to be successful.
Pros
Free Snacks, Great Culture, Great training
Cons
Many competitors are in this space, long to develop client list
Lowest salary possible for freelance writer
Freelance Writer (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 5, 2017
Lowest salary possible for the freelance writer position. Not worth the time for so little pay. If the salary was higher it might be worth the time and effort.
Cons
Lowest possible freelance rate
Productive workplace
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Milford, CT 06460November 28, 2017
-Rapid growth in the industry and within the company. Many new opportunities to move up, laterally, or to different departments
-Ability to truly help small business owners understand and navigate the digital landscape
-A positive and energetic culture. Everyone is willing to help each other to be their best. A diverse mix of people from different backgrounds, both genders, and all ages.
struggling print advertising company
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 15, 2017
They sell print yellow pages advertising which is in serious decline. They have introduced digital advertising tools, but the public wants online help from companies that specialize in the internet, not print.
Pros
nice work environment
Cons
hard to sell digital advertising and most print customers are cancelling.
Vivial + Google - Great place to work at! Love NYC office and executive team
Google Certified Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2017
I've been in sales/marketing for more than 10 years and my favorite environment to work to date has definitely been Vivial. They train you all of Google strategies and help/teach you how to consult businesses. You get certified after your 3 months in the company. GREAT COMMISSION. Some people have made their first $80k (salary & bonus) within their first 8-9 months working there. You have to put in the work to see your results ($$$$$). They help you stay motivated and guide you throughout any issues you encounter with a client. 150% true support team. NO NEGATIVE NANCYs. Please don't bother to apply if you have a negative attitude. Everyone is nice. Great benefits. You will learn so much!!!!!! If you're offered a position, take it!!!

The company is growing to bigger and better changes and Vivial has just been getting better ever since the Berry Company took over Vivial.
Pros
Great commission, Google Certifications, Team Outings, Boat Parties, free breakfast, free snack bar, free Starbucks coffee, 401k, insurance, great company
Cons
None - we don't believe in NEGATIVITY
Review
Digital Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHOctober 16, 2017
Enjoyed the culture of Vivial and the management as well. Company higher ups really take the time to know you each individual and that creates a great work environment. Workload is a lot for the pay and there is not much room to grow as an Account Coordinator.
Refreshing Work Environment!
Content Team (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 13, 2017
Over the years, I have worked at many companies that do not value their employees. Vivial is the first one that I truly feel cares about not only their customers but their employees as well.

We have been growing at a rapid pace, so with that there are always ups and downs. But there are definitely more ups and good, exciting things coming in the future.

The people I work with are kind and supportive. I feel like I can talk to anyone whether they are entry level or executive level.

The pay isn't exactly where I would like it to be, however, I would take that and a great work environment over the opposite any day.

I would highly recommend this company to friend and family!
Pros
Energetic Culture, Growing, Advancement Opportunities
Very Srtessful place to work
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 1, 2017
Vivial is a very stressful place to work. Management has no idea what they are doing, they were unable to give any direction. It felt like being in high school all over again.
Pros
Did not have to work weekends
Cons
Its like being in high school all over again
Poor management
Writer/Editor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 25, 2017
This company seeks an extremely young work force (read: want people right out of college with no work experience so they have no idea they're being trampled and used). Because of this, their middle management is extremely poor and dictatorial. They have no life experience and an inability to temper themselves. This company is money-deiven and this creates a poor working environment. Employees are driven like pack mules and the supervisors and management are blind to anything but money, money, money. They are completely non-responsive to employees and their needs. Also, there are no annual raises. Employees are told to seek another position in the company for better income. However, the opportunity to advance. Is non-existent. There are some older people working there but they are being pushed out in favor of a much younger work force, probably to save money as there is no loyalty whatsoever from management.. They don't seem to see their employees as people, but as cogs in the machine. Also, if you're a customer-driven person, don't go here. Being so money driven, they routinely over sell customers and then abandon them when it doesn't work for the customer. Finally, management will send out periodic emails to employees requiring them to post positive reviews to the job sites.. Honesty is not their strong suit.
Pros
It's a paycheck
Cons
Manipulative managers who micromanage to the nth degree
Professional work enviroment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTAugust 10, 2017
Working with the company brought me great lessons about the sales office. I was able to learn the daily office culture and how to be a productive team member.
Communication is horrible
Writer (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 6, 2017
Company is a communications company but fails to communicate with people. Would not recommend them AT ALL. If you do apply or go to work here, expect no feedback on work you do.

Comment – September 2, 2017

I have had the same experience. And a friend has applied over and over for a remote position with these people and they never have given the courtesy of a response. Seems like a revolving door and little concern for people.

This is a REAL job. Don't come for playtime.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 31, 2017
So here is the deal, don't come here thinking you can make 20 calls a day, sell $1000 in new ads and leave at 3pm. Unfortunately yes reps will come and go. Why? Because they don't take the opportunity seriously and want to fake calls, fake appointments, leave @ 3pm and go golf or drink. Guess what?! This is the real world.
The GREAT news is, if you listen & follow instruction from the managers (which have years of sales experience) they will help you grow in your career. When you grow, your paycheck grows. You can easily make $65-90k.
The tech works. The programs we sell are solid.
Pros
Work Life Balance & Pay
Cons
Co-workers who are not serious about the job
Absolute Nightmare
Marketing technology sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 6, 2017
Working at Vivial is like being a contestant on Survivor Island. People drop like flies. This is due to poor management. Poor management and awful micro-management. Not to mention the two week training is hardly adequate. There was a pro to working at Vivial however. I learned that there are many awful and unprofessional jobs like this out there. I realized going back to school and furthering my education would be a beneficial move for the rest of my life. My advice would be not to work here unless you need a steady check.
Cons
Awful managment, terrible training.
Vivial Review
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHMarch 23, 2017
Too many managerial changes and not enough training. This company has gone through many managerial changes in the last ten years. The vision of where the company is going changes and clear direction is not evident. It is okay to work there if you are not competitive but more responsibility is given to you without the pay.
Cons
No advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vivial Media LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6