Vivint Smart Home Employee Reviews

Good Starter job
Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 17, 2017
Nice and fun place to work. You meet people from all kinds of background in the field. Company cook outs are great. Get to travel to other states for company meetings but after meeting you hang out.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTNovember 16, 2017
Management was awful. I doubt it if managers even had business degrees. As a result scheduled were hectic. I would be assigned a job an hour away while at the same time that same job might have been within minutes from a coworkers house, it went both ways. That same coworker would be assigned a job within minutes from my house and would have to drive an hour to get there some of the times. We weren't given a respectful lunch break. On busy days management would expect us to work 8 hours or more with out taking a formal break and if we did take a lunch break after 4 hours of work as based on California labor laws, it seemed as some managers were bothered by our lunch break. Besides that the technology we installed was awesome. To me the most enjoyable part of the job was when I installed the systems as I enjoy working with tools and technology. Most of my customers were awesome and I had a wonderful experience meeting new people and taking care of my customers needs.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
No scheduled breaks, Bad management/ scheduling
Up in the air
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 16, 2017
At once it may have been a power house. As of recent its seems as if they’re just looking for a bail out. Huge revenue stream terrible competitive pricing.
Pros
Didnt see any personally
Ok
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTNovember 15, 2017
It was an alright place to work but has issues with opportunities for promotion. The product that you sale is not that great and youll be forcing people to buy it.
Great Place to work
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTNovember 14, 2017
I would definitely work for Vivint again if I got the chance but they are not located near me. I enjoyed helping customers through fixing tech issues.
Pros
Independent work on the phones
Cons
Working with frustrated (at the company not me) customers a lot.
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTNovember 12, 2017
they have really good benefits, and the co workers really nice, they give you 1 meal per every 8 hours work, and very flexible schedules, I loved Vivint and the food they serve haha
Great innovation
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 10, 2017
Always ahead of the curve min the industry, Vivint sets the standard for others in the business! While there are some headaches at times, this is to be expected with any company, especially ones that are leaders in smart home technologies.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTNovember 9, 2017
Vivint is a great place to work and they bent over backwards to make sure that I was happy as an employee there. There are great competitive wages and the insurance is fairly good as well. I received three raises during the time I was employed with the company.
Fast
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTNovember 8, 2017
You answer phone calls your whole shift trying to fix people problems with the security product. Managers work well to help you with any question you have.
Great Job
Monitoring Representative (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 8, 2017
They should honor there employees a little more for the hard work they do show them that you appreciate them more. Give out more rewards ask employee what can they change to keep employees
Pros
bonus every pay check
Cons
They can't keep employees
Productive and very rewarding atmosphere
Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 7, 2017
Able to differ your experience in every aspect of the business. Ease to progress through the company with hard work and dedication. I love everything vivint.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Meet too many amazing people
Fun, well balanced, flexible
Customer Care Specialist tier 4 (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTNovember 5, 2017
I love working for Vivint. they are a great company and I would highly recommend working here. The perks that are offered are great, and there is always a free meal and free drinks, games and books to read during breaks, and the work from home option.
Pros
Free lunches, Free drinks, work form home options
Cons
Customers can be difficult to deal with, some days off are blocked out for unpaid time off. VTO only available for lower tiers
Great Place to Work
Monitoring Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTNovember 2, 2017
I have a great time working with the people here at Vivint. The culture is inclusive and friendly, and I feel like my manager cares deeply for my well-being.
Pros
Meal Tickets that can be used in the on-site cafeteria and at various restaurants in Provo and Lehi, awesome co-workers, fair pay.
Cons
Advancement opportunities are rare once you reach the supervisor level.
Management team
Field Technician/ Licensed in Oklahoma state (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 1, 2017
When I was there you had to up sale every person. If you don't get 600 points a month you were written up. The manager I had would do things his way not the company way. When he find out you were let go.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Hard sale
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 30, 2017
Customers would come into Best Buy to get DIY security. We were there to sell them a monitored security system. Vivints training was for sales becasue they started with door to door. But they do not know retail.
Pros
Swag
Cons
Healthcare, worklife balance
Great place with a balance of work hard play hard.
Scheduling Agent (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTOctober 30, 2017
Vivint is a very welcoming place where everyone is a part of a great purpose. They take really good care of their employees and make sure that the employees are happy in the work environment. They also make sure that there are extracurricular activities that are held for the employees to have fun which pushes them to work hard and stay loyal to the company.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits, comfortable work environment, good pay.
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Poor Management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 29, 2017
I was scouted and led to believe in this big dream with this company. From day one I have barley had a full night's sleep. I went to training in San Antonio for 14 days straight no days off. My trainer was excellent I will say that. But little to no rest at all. I had one day when I flew home to see my family and right back to work the very next day. I was told I had to work everyday open to close until we hired staff for my store... we never hired anyone due to poor management. All of my recruits that met my manager declined the offer. You will have no personal life with this job. If you end up with a day off you will be contacted all day and night via group chat, text and phone calls.

I constantly felt micro managed and watched everyday. I received numerous calls from people I didn't know from within the company. Had to give my number out to customer's which my manager told me that they covered part of my phone bill which was not true. They also told me that the schedule was flexible... Not true at all...

Management held an argument on the sales floor with me after I told them it was not only embarrassing but disrespectful to people around us.

Long story short DO NOT take this job unless you literally have nowhere else to go. It could possibly be a good job for someone one day. If you have a family and care about time with them this is not the job for you.

They do not care about their customer's after the sale is made and treat their employees like garbage.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Management, unprofessional, no life
Really enjoyable
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 29, 2017
This was a really fun job. I loved working in the Concession Stands. And I wasn't always stuck on a register. I actually got opportunities to work directly with the food too.
One of the best companies I've worked for so far!
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 25, 2017
One of the best companies I've worked for so far. Not only in the leadership amazing and well balanced, but the opportunity to move up is strictly on how much time and effort you put in, and out of work!
Pros
Incentives, competitive, bonuses
Cons
Exciting and fun company!
Door to Door Sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 24, 2017
While working at Vivint you have the opportunity to make as much money as you're willing to work for. It's a massive amount of training and product knowledge but its worth it! You do a lot of fun things together as a team and travel during the summer. I would highly recommend this company and being a door to door salesmen. The skills I picked up from this job have helped me immensely in everyday life. It teaches you discipline and great work ethic.
Pros
travel, compnay pays for fun things to do as a team, close nit teams, one on one training, all the tools for success readily available to you, AWESOME managers.
Cons
working in the rain, long hours, commision based, quotas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vivint Smart Home. Our community is ready to answer.