Vivint Solar Employee Reviews

Great people to work with, but very challenging
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Poway, CAAugust 13, 2017
I enjoy the culture and the company, but work/life balance is challenging to say the least. A lot of evenings and weekends. Also 100% commission is tough.
Pros
Weekly meetings & trainings
Cons
100% commission, no benefits and long hours
Constantly Changing Environment That Leads to Job Insecurity
Install Quality Control & Data Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 13, 2017
The company is not very good at keeping its different departments well staffed and well organized. They are constantly changing the work formula that results in cut backs, too much work, and sudden scheduled changes. Due to this there is constant chaos in the work place causing uncalled for stress.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Job security and opportunities
Great culture, SUPER SHADY
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTAugust 10, 2017
I loved it when I first started but they have glaring wage discrepancies. Someone starting day 1 will make the same as someone who was there for 5 years and you are encouraged to never discuss your pay. Employees with the same experience and education will constantly be compensated differently. Management can either be awesome or horrible depending on who you fall under. It had so much potential but they are extremely dishonest with pay.
Pros
Free lunch, fun environment
Cons
Dishonest with pay
Go Green
Office Administrator, Residential Solar (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAAugust 9, 2017
Perfect company to get your feet wet in the solar industry. It's challenge, but worth it. Everyone at the company is fun and friendly. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Tesla merger
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 7, 2017
Relocated to Texas for Solarcity . One year later terminated my position in D2D sales and did not offer me another job in the company . Only took lowest performing 10% .
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Unrealistic quotas from people that have not done D2D
Excellent company
Sales manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasantville, NJAugust 6, 2017
Love working here, great pay scale and environment.The managers Are extremely helpful and the culture is like no other. Would recommend this job to anyone.
Great place before CEO change. Feels exactly like a call center now
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 5, 2017
I worked as an engineer here.
It was awesome at first, one of the best places I ever worked.
Things changed really quickly the year I worked here though. They began monitoring employee performance hourly, began monitoring how often their employee's got up from our seats, and how long employee's were gone while in the bathroom. If I worked in their call center I could understand, but I didn't. I was an engineer. An engineering position should never feel like it is being worked in a call center environment,

I strongly do not recommend working here.
productive workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 2, 2017
very good paying company provides great training for all new comers has great benefits included with the jobs when hired and is a very understanding company
Fun Place to Work
Processor (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 1, 2017
Good people with a relaxed environment. Upper management is there to look after themselves even if it is at somebody expense of course. Free lunch. Decent pay.
Pros
Free Lunch, Pay is Alright, Fun Environment
Cons
Management, Under Appreciated.
A great place to work hard and reap benefits.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 31, 2017
To work at vivint solar is a great opportunity, but one must keep in mind that the sales positions can be tough, only given the sometimes harshness of prospecting.
The management is great and supportive, and if you put your mind to it, you will be able to go as far as youd like.
Pros
you make as much as you want
Cons
its tough
Work Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  MDJuly 28, 2017
Inconsistency of job and role security made work very stressful. Roles are dependent on sales volume which leaves many valuable employees left with out work or terminated without alternative opportunities. Advancement opportunities are very limited and the only way to advance is to wait for the person above to leave, retire, or get fired. Communication between departments was poor and many changes would occur without the other knowledge or understanding of how to implement the new procedures. The office workers and crew teams were great, and the environment is fun. Ping pong tables in the lobbies and free coffee.
Cons
healthcare, compensation, job security
great expierence
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 27, 2017
Vivint was a great company to work for however, I took a sales position and it turned out not to be for me. The office culture was great, and it was a great learning experience.
Pros
pay, culture, training
Cons
door to door sales.
overall rating for company is unsatifactory
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MDJuly 25, 2017
A typical day at work can sometimes be very demanding and often overwhelming with 2 people.I learned that management can not be trusted, workplace structure gives an employee an uncomfortable feeling cause often you are held accountable for things which are out of your control, the hardest part of the job is being held accountable for parts which others have control of,the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing for sure that you gave it your all
Pros
being in charge of the warehouse
Cons
benefits were adequate
very up and down work place depending on who's the manager
Solar Installer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 25, 2017
i worked there and at first it was good but then management changed and the whole company attitude changed and we were no longer a big family but more of a do exactly what we say right or wrong or your fired type of company
Low job security.
Operations (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2017
Low job security.
Mainly negative reinforcement.
Low morale due to high pressure and low appreciation.

1984 Novel by George Orwell helps to describe work environment.
Pros
N/a
Cons
please read 1984.
fun enviroment and great benefits
Lead solar panel technician (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJuly 15, 2017
This is where the most money in solar is made. The sales team has great incentives and the solar techs have great pay and incentives aswell. Very good place to work
Great idea but poorly executed
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJuly 9, 2017
I worked at Vivint Solar for 5 years and for the most part it was a great part-time job but after I graduated college, the opportunities for raises and advancement became increasingly difficult. They have cultivated a habit of hiring and rewarding newcomers in management positions over people who've worked there and have experience. Quite often, regular team members are training their supervisors to know how to do their job. It is all very backwards. The people they hire are great but there is little loyalty grooming. They are always looking outside the company to solve and fix their problems rather than looking at the potential and talent they already have.
Pros
Free lunch, multiple options for break activities, laid back culture
Cons
Few opportunities for advancement, nepotism, sales culture
Every man for himself
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670July 7, 2017
Door to door industry is not meant for everyone. If the consistent work and hours are put into the job, it is possible to be successful. Be aware however that the job is commission based, which adds a level of stress. Additionally, your bosses, because they are also paid commission, are not necessarily empathetic to your situation, they'll just tell you to go work more. Interpret that as you will!
Great people to work with, feel like i was ded false hope
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NJJuly 6, 2017
The people I worked with were awesome, any questions I had, they answered. Only 1 person really willing to give me hands on training to figure put what I was doing wrong, which was not fair to him. Managers can coach, but fail to follow through and show when they see you struggling. Great incentives, great pay (when you sell), just feels like false hope when you give your all and do not succeed. A lot of YOUR money comes out of pocket ie: ipad, gas, food, mileage, other office supplies, do not try working here without at least 10,000 in savings to cover expenses and bills, it could be 1-2 months before you get your first check. Installs do take a while, and turning systems on take longer. Apply at your own risk.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No benefits, layout a lot of upfront cash to wait a while for it to come back.
Typical Company
Lead Inspection Technician (Current Employee) –  Elmsford, NYJuly 2, 2017
I would recommend Vivint Solar to anyone. It is a great place to work with a great culture in a growing field. There is plenty of room to move up and advance your career.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vivint Solar. Our community is ready to answer.