Vivint Solar

Vivint Solar Employee Reviews

green conscience company
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJMay 14, 2015
Pros: healthcare benefits
 Prepared work orders and materials for installation
 Conducted month end inventory audits in compliance to company policies
 Responsible for all material and equipment ordering
 OSHA and forklift certified
 Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment
 Responsible for all fleet maintenance including service and updating paperwork

I learned the ins and out of the materials for solar installation
Account Coordinator (Current Employee), Provo, UTMay 5, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Non paid lunch
A great company to work for. You can come in and get your work done, and also manage your personal and school life as well. All in all a great company that is on the up and up.
Ok food and low pay
Solar Account Specialist (Former Employee), Provo, UTApril 24, 2015
Helping customers with their account while coordinating installs and services appointments with Office Manager and technician out in the field
Exciting and challenging job on a daily basis
Solar Technician (Former Employee), Concord, CAApril 11, 2015
Pros: Great pay, bonuses
Cons: Long hours, working on roofs in the sun
I came in with no previous experience, aside from a few roofing jobs in the summer. Within 2 months I was able to measure and lay out, prep, and install an array of solar panels, ranging in size from 2 or 3 panels, upwards of 50 panels in a single array. Usually resulting in 250-400 panels in a week. I also dealt with our customers, assisting in any questions they might have had about their system, and installing a wireless device to monitor the system, also performing service calls and maintenance as needed. Assisted with warehouse duties as well, inventory and rotating stock, loading and unloading the work trucks and electrical vans. Helped the electrical crews with wiring and electric portion of the install. I had great co-workers, people from all over parts of California, from Oakland and San Jose, to Orange County and Huntington Beach, from Mexico, New York, Utah, and all over the place. The hardest part of this job, was just the sheer number of hours worked, sometimes over 70 or more a week, and about 95% of those hours worked, being in direct sunlight. But I still loved the people I worked with, and getting to meet new customers everyday and see all the different parts of the Bay Area was the most enjoyable part of it for me.
Great place to work.
Installation Technician (Current Employee), Cedar Knolls, NJMarch 10, 2015
Pros: good hours, great co workers.
Cons: corporate communication, management.
I currently enjoy my job I like the atmosphere I work in. I hold a lead position here within the office. I would like to advance into more of a advanced lead position. Vivint is great for growth just not sure if its the growth that I need.
N/A
Site Surveyor (Former Employee), Beltsville, MDJanuary 29, 2015
Select solar energy products, systems, or services for customers based on
electrical energy requirements, site conditions, price, or other factors.
Gather information from prospective customers to identify their solar energy
needs.
Provide technical information about solar power, solar systems, equipment,
and services to potential customers or dealers.
Generate solar energy customer leads to develop new accounts.
Its okay
Permit Specialist (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: cool gear
Cons: low salary for the amount of work
Not so much room for growth and feel like the job duties do not merit the hourly rate that they pay their employees.
Plenty of work
Solar Technician (Former Employee), Chicopee, MaJanuary 7, 2015
Great place to work if you don't mind working on roofs all day.
All Job Can be easier and enjoyable with the right attiude and people to run it.
Warehouse Manager/Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Victorville, CADecember 13, 2014
Open doors make sure jobs orders are ready to go for all crews.
Check all jobs to make sure of what jobs are completed and what job are not .
Handle all Vendors .
Pickup and Drop off material .

I learn all about Solar and how it help save the economy with electric.
I learn deal with people you have to be lean but firm .
Co-worker nice but not weak .
Hard part is dealing with a boss young or old who don't no their job and can't handle their employees it makes others job harder to handle.
Enjoyable part is when everyone work as a team it make all jobs a lot easier to do the job and go home with an easy day . NO STRESS!!!
Great place to learn about installation and parts for the solar industry
Inventory Assistant (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CASeptember 16, 2014
Never had any complaints other then other employee work ethics.
Hard work, Long hours, Make what you work for
Sales Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2014
Direct sales will be either extreme highs or extreme lows. Working at Vivint Solar is no different. There are two parts luck and one part work that go into the making of this Kool-aid. Some days you'll work your butt off and make 6 sales which MIGHT net you $12,000 in the long run and other days you might work even harder and make absolutely nothing.

There is no salary as a direct seller for Vivint or Vivint Solar and consequently if you run a string of bad days you'll start to feel the belt tighten.
Fun fast-paced work environment with a few perks
SUPERVISOR, CAD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Provo, UTJune 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches, friendly environment, leniency, and willingness to work with employees.
Cons: growing rapidly so things change a lot and quickly
A normal day at work was fairly relaxed, however, the pace of the work was sometimes very demanding. I learned how to work better with a team, to rally those I was lead, and how better communicate with team members and work more effectively and efficiently. The management at Vivint Solar was fantastic! They're understanding and willing to work with you even though the work is sometimes quite demanding. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with the constant changes being made to policy and procedures. Vivint Solar is growing very rapidly and with it come some growing pains. The most enjoyable part of my job aside from being able to work with such a fun and connected team was working with AutoCAD. I really enjoy everything about the program and Vivint Solar's CAD team gets to use it a lot!
Good Company
Lead Designer (Former Employee), Provo, UTJune 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Good company to work for. advancement can come quick because of the huge growth. The CAD department was the best office to work in.
Vivint Solar
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Waipahu, HIMay 31, 2014
This job was based upon creating work and projects for myself. The OC position was a new position, so it was up to me to create job responsibilities for myself. A typical day at work consisted of constantly checking email. All of my co-workers, supervisors and corporate staff would keep in touch through email, text or by calling. It was a very "high technology" type of company. My job was to be of assistance to the sales team and district managers of the office. I kept organization of the sales office, ordered any supplies that were running low, helped the sales team with any issues with their accounts, and even set up appointment with customers with incomplete or missing paperwork. I enjoyed my job because it felt like I was my own boss, a role that I was not used to because it was the first time I had a job of this nature. The hardest part of the job was communicating with the corporate office in Utah. They were not very responsive to the issues in our office. I ran into instances where it took at least a week to get an answer.
Great company with awesome standards
Solar panel Installer, Office Assistant (Former Employee), Concord, CAMay 24, 2014
I loved working for this company. They had a friendly and knowledgeable sales team. As an office assistant I was responsible for submitting permits for work, basic clerical work, weekly meetings and phone calls and keeping the office stocked. My manager at the time was not always available for me or the rest of the employees, although he certainly could have been, but that was the only negative aspect to working for this company.
Fun Workplace and Great Management
SOLAR TECHNICIAN/ELECTRICAL LEAD (Former Employee), Pinebrook, NJFebruary 18, 2014
Get to work, prep and review the todays work, go over it with the crew to see if we can make any changes if necessary, go to the job cite start prepping at the job cite, start the installation process, make sure the installation goes smoothly, make sure the system works properly, clean up, go home, next morning do it all over again.
Productive and a interesting place that actually has a ping pong table! :-)
Site Surveyor/Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee), Woburn, MANovember 20, 2013
Pros: free company gear, and events
Cons: bi-weekly pay
Typical day at work=Unpredictable
What you learn=Everyday is a new experience
Management= Good
Your Co-workers=Friendly
The hardest part of the job=traffic
The most enjoyable part of the job=you get to appreciate the simplest things in your life everyday.
Vivint
Drafting Technician (Former Employee), Provo, UTFebruary 11, 2013
Vivint says they value their employees but they are willing to let there top performers go. they dont stick to a schedule, they are very loose on policies and following them
great company
Marketing/Sales Assistant (Current Employee), O‘ahu, HINovember 7, 2012
great strategy; set up for a future of success
Vivint has all of there operations running smoothly.

Vivint Solar Salaries