Vivint Employee Reviews

Stay Away
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 14, 2017
Simply not worth your time and you will most likely have a negative experience here. Will do little to take care of you and the customer service treatment is horrendous.
Good place to work for
Technician Professional (Former Employee) –  VariousFebruary 6, 2017
Answer phones
Verify information

Fun workplace

I learned to be accurate and precise.

Hardest part was not being able to stay longer

Meeting new people
Pros
Meeting new people on a daily basis
Cons
Pay
Great Company
Feild Technician (Former Employee) –  TravelngFebruary 5, 2017
I worked at Vivint Alarms for a summer program and had alot of fun I worked with a great team and made alot of money. We worked alot and because we had such a great team I was able to get alot of installs and was able to make a great income. I was put up in an apartment with some other guys. We worked long hours but also had alot of fun. We would help other team mates when we were slow. This is a great company to work for with great pay. I would looked into this company if you are looking for a job.
Pros
Great pay, Awesome Management, Trustworthy, Honest
Cons
Not really any Cons maybe long hours, a lot of travel
Productive workplace with perks!
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 2, 2017
Work in the Finance Department. Fun, face paced, and challenging. We try to have fun in Finance, but always getting the job done!
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Benefits and management
Fast paced, inbound call center
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTFebruary 1, 2017
Vivint Smart Home is a fast-paced, in bound call center for home security systems. If you can handle extremely angry customers then this is the job for you.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
fast paced
Hard work pays off
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 1, 2017
Give up your summer, and dedicate it to the job and you will make lots of money. Learned more about hard work at this job than college did.
Good consistent work, free lunches, selling security on the phone.
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTJanuary 30, 2017
Hours consistent, free lunches, working on the phone to set up accounts, interacting with technicians, and trying to convince customers not to terminate their contract, which is what I did. Will get yelled at a lot, and they want you to sell to the customer even if they are firm on leaving. They expect a lot from you. 2 weeks of training beforehand, learning their software and the products.
Pros
Free lunches, 9-5 type consistent work.
Cons
Short breaks, high pressure.
Great Bachelor Job
Co-Manager of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2017
If you have a great relationship or single and okay with travelling this job is right up your alley, great culture, great pay, great people. its like getting paid to goto camp lol
Pros
money, incentives, hangouts, success drive
Cons
travelling
Direct to customer sales
Smart Home Pros Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJJanuary 25, 2017
Great first job to earn experience in sales. Great opportunity to earn money and help protect families. Great incentive programs for employees that foster self development and help you become better.
Employees = Number
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  NYJanuary 22, 2017
evaluation system and metrics based in all around dept. If some one drop the ball you are affected and your commission drops.
Core values has been lost with new management no longer care people they care # and $money.
Pros
technology
Cons
management
Vivint: Fun work place, easy to stay on task. Motivating environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTJanuary 19, 2017
* get to work at 10:45am and start at 11am.
* took calls and had little to no time in between calls.
* utilized all of my notes and information given to provide the best technical support I could, took notes on the side.

* I learned a lot about trouble shooting and how to take care of the customers over the phone and providing them with the best customer service.

* Management was always pushing us and helping us set goals for the week to ensure we do the best that we can. They were always helpful and there to answer questions.

*The culture was diverse and everyone always was willing to help and be there when you needed it.

* The hardest part of the job was getting upset customers and having to de-escalate them.

* Helping the customers resolve their issues and making them happy with the company and myself was the most enjoyable.
Pros
Free food, awesome work place, good people to work around
Cons
Short lunch, sometimes too busy
Travel Opportunities with available work
Technician (Current Employee) –  East Orange, NJJanuary 16, 2017
A typical day is waking up and traveling to whatever area youre working for the week, and waiting for jobs to come through. Pay is great, employees are awesome. I love it.
Good, but could be better
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTJanuary 16, 2017
My personal philosophy of Vivint is they're great to their employees, but they are awful to their customers. Because I'm not a customer it may not seem like a big deal, but it gets very annoying after a while when something happens with a customer (I.E. technician cancels an appointment without notifying the customer, mass system error with little to no explanation, sales rep egregiously mislead the customer) and WE as the customer service reps get the blame for it. I know that it's part of the nature of the customer service job for these things to happen, but there's still too much mystery involved and not enough follow-up. Although the company in itself is very kind to the employees, the overall cultural atmosphere of the company doesn't provide the necessary discipline or accountability to really put the customer first, and too many people are more focussed on the commission and what's in it for them, even if that means sacrificing their own integrity.
Pros
Meal tickets, entertainment
Cons
Treatment of customers
Provo all-star culture is not fun
Experienced customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 13, 2017
The culture that they build as a company is not one that makes more professional people feel uncomfortable. The managers I worked with were wonderful but other than that, most of the employees do not care about the job or the customers. They just care about their money.
Pros
Free lunches
A slow experence
sales representative scheduling appointments (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 13, 2017
The company gave new sales reps a basic walk-through of how to do the job and did not offer much aid in actual completion of the job.
Sportsman like community of leaders and enlightenment seekers that engage in new automation brands, sales,and equipment worldwide
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 12, 2017
Leading sales force.
One of the best sales and experience gaining journeys I have taken with much discipline.
Traveling country wide I have gained great teaching ethics
Pros
Travel, upfront pay, atmosphere
Cons
Travel, commission only, self driven
Auto anwser for troubleshooting and basic data entry. Navigation of system to be able to assist customers. Test after 2 weeks of training.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTJanuary 12, 2017
inbound calls for Troubleshooting home security equipment. Also assisting customers with basic billing and data entry, sometimes processing payments and secluding technicians.
Perfect job for the single and on the move
Assistant Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2017
This job requires you to relocated often. While you do get compensation for relocating , you will find yourself moving a lot to maintain a steady cash flow. The main season is the summer time from april to september. Work after the summer can be hard to find thus the reason for relocation. If you like a flexible schedule and don't mind moving around a lot , this job is for you.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
is commission base so required to move
They care for thier employees.
Smart Home Professional (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 9, 2017
vivint.smart home is a great place to work. They have fun while trying to do the right thing for employee and customers.Advancement opportunities can be hard to come by but other than that it's great.
Pros
Free lunch, great enviornment
Cons
Healthcare
No base pay
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJanuary 9, 2017
If this place could pay at least at a base value when it comes to being a sales representative maybe I wouldn't take issue with this place. But they don't. So I do. It's a manipulative pyramid scheme that use you for your personal friends and family. That it all.
Pros
somewhat good team atmosphere
Cons
time wasted WITH NO BASE PAY!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vivint. Our community is ready to answer.