Vivus, Inc Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Enjoy talking and selling the benefits of being at a healthy goal weight.
Cardo Metabolic Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 3, 2015
A day in the field of a cardio-metabolic sales specialist include giving the physician and staff the features , benefits and the advantage of our company's drug and why it should be the drug of choice.

I typically describe the patient types that would benefit from the product, the side effects and what a 10% or greater weight loss would do for an overweight person who has a BMI of over 30.

It is encouraging to have an FDA approved product that is also included in the past AACE guidelines for weight management.

I enjoy the success stories and how the product has help play a part in the quality of life patients experience.
Pros
Many physicians try to manage weight in their metabolic patients
Cons
Need better insurance coverage
Primary product has serious reimbursement and access issues.
Government Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 25, 2015
The company's flagship product is rarely covered by commercial and government payors. Coupled with an apathy shared by both providers and patients, there is still much work, time, and resources required before it becomes successful.
The home office and field sales have high turnover.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Communications from hone office.
Regulatory Affairs Department Area Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 18, 2013
None at this time except you worked long and hard hours to get the job done then your job is eliminated. what more can I say.

I came in early every day to ensure every time point were met. I went over and beyond my duties to get the job done.

The hardest part of my job was not being appreciated. Worked for 5-1/2 years without any type of promotion.
Pros
nothing
Cons
overworked

2.8