Vivus, Inc Employee Review

Regulatory Affairs Department Area Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 18, 2013
None at this time except you worked long and hard hours to get the job done then your job is eliminated. what more can I say.

I came in early every day to ensure every time point were met. I went over and beyond my duties to get the job done.

The hardest part of my job was not being appreciated. Worked for 5-1/2 years without any type of promotion.
Pros
Cons
Overworked

Other Vivus, Inc Employee Reviews

Poor
Manufacturing Chemist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJAugust 3, 2017
Management was undertrained and very poor at communication. I produced their pharmaceutical product that they sold. The workplace culture was tense and uninviting.
Enjoy talking and selling the benefits of being at a healthy goal weight.
Cardo Metabolic Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 3, 2015
A day in the field of a cardio-metabolic sales specialist include giving the physician and staff the features , benefits and the advantage of our company's drug and why it should be the drug of choice.

I typically describe the patient types that would benefit from the product, the side effects and what a 10% or greater weight loss would do for an overweight person who has a BMI of over 30.

It is encouraging to have an FDA approved product that is also included in the past AACE guidelines for weight management.

I enjoy the success stories and how the product has help play a part in the quality of life patients experience.
Pros
Many physicians try to manage weight in their metabolic patients
Cons
Need better insurance coverage