Vizient, Inc. Employee Reviews

One of the best company to work for in a dysfunctional industry
Senior Analyst - Strategic Accounts (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Group Purchasing Organization collect legal kickbacks from Medical manufacturer and share with Hospitals along very convoluted incentive systems. The better customer you are the more money back you get. Hard to really help or incentivize hospitals to participate outside of volumes.
Poor leadership
Portfolio Executive / Lead Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 29, 2018
Poor leadership and culture. Lack of customer engagement, no accountability by leadership to retain customers and this allows senior leadership to dictate personal objectives without question due to gap in link between impact to customer and leadership directives.
Cons
Poor senior leadership in sourcing.
Agile Software Development with Poor Management
Senior APEX Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 28, 2018
Company seems earnestly to embrace Agile methodologies but then breaks the model by assigning arbitrary deadlines. Focus and priorities are constantly being shifted around. The company is the product of multiple mergers and the culture has not yet gelled into a single entity.
Collaboration within the Scrum teams is generally positive.
Expectations about cross-training among software developers and domain experts are unrealistic, especially with the major deadlines constantly looming.
Training is mostly self-taught, again due to deadlines and availability.
Pros
Bonuses, monthly birthday treats, occasional happy hours
Cons
Unrealistic expectations and poor direct management.
Good Company
Business Objects developer (BI Lead) (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 27, 2018
Good Company with good work and family life.
Everything is good in this location in respective managers, work,collegues and what not to work in this company in El Segundo
Pros
Evrything is Good
Cons
Senior Analyst- Advisory/Consulting Services (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Vizient culture is different depend on your department. On Sourcing side of business the place is very tribal and same people run the departments for years. Also is not a place you are going to find minority Directors, mostly is who do you know and how they relate to you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No advancement and tribal culture
Excellent Place to Work
Client Servies/ Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 14, 2018
I enjoined working with this company for 10 years I learned a lot in regards to leadership, team work a very awesome support system from your supervisor and upper Management.
Pros
Company Parties, Christmas Bonus
Cons
No Lunch Breaks
Meeting Planner (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2018
This position was many years ago but it was a great meeting planning department and all of the meeting planners enjoyed working together and collaborating to help all of the EA's in the company.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great Company
File Clerk/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 27, 2017
Great company to work for. Great work hours, helpful management, competitive salary/pay, decent benefit options (although the coverage isn't terrific on most plans). Overall a good place to work.
Excellent Company
BI Lead and onsite coordinator (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CADecember 22, 2017
Excellent Company. Everything good and we have a work from home option is available.
Nice place and nice team members and nice culture.

I defiantly recommend to work here.
Pros
Everything is good
Cons
Nothing as such
Only work here if you don't have any other thing to do in life
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 27, 2017
My manager was amazing but everyone here was overworked and stressed. Many people had physical illness because of their workload, etc. Though 40+ hours isn't required, you can't avoid working over 40 hours. If you don't, you won't ever be able to manage your workload. Also, your workload is unmanageable. Yes, even IF you work 40+ hours.
Interesting place to work with great work/life balance
Transaction Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 14, 2017
I really enjoyed the environment at Vizient Inc. They supported a very healthy work/life balance and really seemed to care about helping the community and ensuring their employees were taken care of.
Easy going, and great staff
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOOctober 25, 2017
While working at Vizient I never felt out of place. They did a great job of training, and doing group activities to bring everyone together. Overall it was a very productive work environment, and I enjoyed working there.
Excellent Company...Just not for me
Senior BI Analyst/Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 20, 2017
Great company, fosters an atmosphere of genuine care for the future and well being of the healthcare industry and the health of individuals that goes beyond corporate responsibility.

I would highly recommend this company...although for me, I had a unique situation where I essentially went so far above and beyond my job requirements that they were unable to cut through the bureaucracy and red tape to the degree needed to compensate me accordingly. Understandable for a highly structured corporate entity, I wouldn't expect that any other company without the flexibility of a startup, small business, progressive tech company would be able to do any differently. But as it is, I need to move into a position more commensurate with my ability & achievements.
It was a learning experience
Production Manager/Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Definitely a Dilbert style meeting environment. Plan meetings to discuss the planning of meetings. Difficult to get your job accomplished due to the meetings.
Great Place to work
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Great company to work for. Educational classes always available to further your job knowledge. Great co-workers and benefits. Great paid time off.Great raises and bonuses. Overall a great company
Good work place
Intern - Pharmacy Solutions (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 22, 2017
Good place to work. I was an intern and everyone was very helpful. I learned a lot. They are the Sam's club for hospital drug purchase. Good work life balance
Good workplace
Lead Software Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 14, 2017
Good work place. potential to grow. needs strong leadership after merger with many companies.
Need to learn identify hardworking and quality people and not quantity.
A great place to work
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2017
I feel that Vizient as a company is a great fair to work. Leadership is very knowledgeable and flexible. Benefits are very fair and there is a very relaxed and easy work environment.
Pros
leadership
Cons
open positions
Customer Centric Organization
Associate Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 28, 2017
They strive to meet the expectation of customers and to make the work environment fun. Management listens to concerns of it's team members and makes a genuine attempt to resolve problems.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
The operation moved from Plano to Las Colinas
Easy system to learn
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2017
It was a great job my co worker would help me without out a problem plus on a good note we did get free lunch but the breaks or not long enough

But overall i did enjoy my time working here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vizient, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.