Vizio Employee Reviews

Pay is nice but no life outside of work.
Tech Support/Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDMarch 3, 2013
Every day was a different issue in technical support but advancement opportunities aren't there unless management loves you. Team was nice and we had fun but managers are a little hard on you. You don't get sick or vacation time, you have to accrue it. The amount you accrued was close to nothing so if a life tragedy did happen you may lose your job for it. NOT FLEXIBLE. Hardest part of the job was dealing with customers one right after another without a break in between. There's no scripting but if there was a known problem you had to act like there wasn't one which I feel is a bit shady... My old manager once brought me into a room and yelled/ cussed you name it at me for me being too detail oriented in my work. I thought that was a good thing? He also tried to have me get as many occurrences as possible by putting points against me for being within a minute late when the standard is 4 minutes that he could do this. He lastly tried to have me fired for a call that not only wasn't recorded but was a dead air call or a "Ghost call" accusing me of not helping the customer. I refused to sign any papers for it and turned it in to district managers. He's still there but I no longer am. I couldn't take the abuse anymore.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
no vacation/sick time. no flexibility. management.
Fast pace and fun workplace
Sales/Replenishment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ArkansasMay 28, 2015
Everyday started out looking at sales and instocks then working with Walmart or Sam's Club on any issues. Ran daily reports and ladder plans on all items to see how the stores/clubs inventory was and how much inventory VIZIO had in our warehouse or inventory coming in from overseas. I learned new software (Fazio, Cube and Tableau). I was responsible for all Audio and Cable items in Walmart and Sam's Club to make sure our forecast was correct and we had enough product ordered from overseas. My co-workers at VIZIO were a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of my job was finding the time to get additional training on the internal software do to everyone's work load and the people doing the training being in Irvine, CA in the corporate office. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the VIZIO team in the Bentonville, AR office.
Pros
VIZIO discounts on tv's and etc
Cons
No breaks and eating luch at my desk while working
Great people but very low pay and little chance for advancement
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDSeptember 9, 2013
Overall, I enjoyed my time at Vizio. Everyone was very friendly and helpful if you had a question. The managers I had were all very helpful and really tried to help you if you had an issue. A lot of turnover the last six months which left us understaffed. Benefits were OK, nothing special. The pay was very low. Even if you get a promotion from Level 2 Technical support, which is where everyone starts, to Level 3 or 4, you only get a .25 raise. Limited opportunities to advance. Vizio will say they have never had known issues with any devices, but they have had some known issues that don't get addressed fast enough, so you have a lot of customers calling in with the same issue and that leads to frustration with the employees and the customers. Training was very good.
Pros
great people, very helpful and friendly
Cons
very low pay, limited advancement opportunities, average benefits.
Fantastic workplace with WONDERFUL benefits and employees
Customer Service, Technical Support and Sales (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDSeptember 13, 2014
You assist customers with connecting electronic devices to tvs, blu ray players, soundbars and sound systems. The skilles that are learned while working there are communication skills, technical support and also customer service skills. All skills that can be very useful. The management and co workers are wonderful to work with and are ver commodating to work with your schedule if push came to shove. Everyone is very personable and very nice and friendly.
Great company for a call center
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDJuly 6, 2014
Vizio is not my first call center but it by far the best call center I have worked for. The pay and benefits are better than other centers and I had my first raise 9 months being employed without a promotion. They do understand life happens so therefore it takes a lot of occurrences before you start getting into trouble. Vizio is a family with fun activies together outside of work. Like Christmas parties, pincis, golf
Pros
fun environment
Cons
advancement
VIZIO is a family oriented business that puts people first
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDMarch 22, 2015
Management at VIZIO is caring and helpful. VIZIO provides excellent benefits to their employees and the rapport among staff members enable employees to feel like part of a family, and not just paid employees to get work done.
Pros
opportunities to advance, fair shifts based on performance
Cons
lower pay than previous similar jobs
Team work based company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 18, 2013
This is a company where hard work pays, they have days of working hard and playing hard appreciating each member of the company, i loved working here and if i had an opportunity, i would work there again.
Pros
bonus checks
Cons
job security
Great and Flexible Hours
Territory Rep (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 8, 2015
Awesome job for someone who likes to travel and meet different people! I get to travel to different best buys and train cool people. Not alot of hours though. This job position can't pay bills.
Pros
Travel and Meet different reps
Cons
Not alot of hours
Productive, Fun environment
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDOctober 6, 2014
I learned how to communicate with different people. Learned how to manage a group of people. Always something to do.
Pros
they care about their employees. free healthcare
Cons
hours include nights
Small company with large responsibilities
Marketing Team Member (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 6, 2015
Respectable place to work but the company culture is extremely dry. Didn't look forward to going to work but felt justly compensated for all that I did.
Technical Support/Customer (Current Employee) –  dakota dunes , sdAugust 25, 2014
enjoy talking an meeting new people, I love learning new and exciting things, I have made alot of friend while working for this company.
Pros
compenstion
Cons
breaks
summer job
Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  irvineSeptember 13, 2015
I loved working here during the summer. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a part time job. Super easy and management is great.
Great
Customer Service and Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDOctober 22, 2014
Miss this place. It was awesome to work for a great company. Felt like a family.