VMC Employee Reviews

a day at vmc
Apple Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 26, 2017
show up to work on time, never late for breaks, and life will be cake here. unlimited overtime is a nice option, however, it's not always approved unfortunately.
Pros
laid back
Cons
out sourced, non flexible schedules
Work at home, fun and productive
Game and App Tester (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 24, 2017
Days are based on project size. Could range from 1 hour to 4. Very easy and laid back with effective communication. I learned how to effectively problem solve and report bugs. Workplace culture is unknown since it's all online. Most enjoyable part of the job is that I chose when I want to work based on my own available when a project opportunity comes up.
Pros
Work at home, fun, I work when I want to
Cons
Pay takes a very long time to process, only 1-2 projects per week
Good
Call director (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 4, 2017
VMC was a good place to work. The money was good. Weekly pay. You're able to request days off or switch with people. Which helped a lot when my kids needed Doc appts.
A job for a people person that likes to help
Call Center Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 13, 2017
If you are a people person, this is a job for you. You talk on the phone non-stop, and no one in person bothers you. You can easily walk in, set yourself up for the day, 8 hours later go home and not talk to another person besides the many that you had talked onto the phone.
Pros
Pay, accountability
Cons
All the talking
Goood overall experience
Tier 1 AppleCare Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Typical day of work consist of clocking into work, and troubleshooting iOS devices. Management is pretty bad but it's a great work atmosphere. Co workers are cool, and the hardest part about the job is basically showing up to work. The job is easy and easy to move up just don't slack.
tech support
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 9, 2017
First 2 weeks is required training where you learn about the products and ways of troubleshooting. Once you finish the course and pass all your test you are put on phones where you just receive calls and apply what you learn on the job. The hardest part of this job is not getting bored since all you do is answer the same question over and over again so if your a hands on kind of person then this isnt the job for you. The company pays great and the make it fun but in return they expect great attendance which is understandable.
I enjoyed the jobs, its very steady, the coworkers are awesome but very strict, overall great place to work.
Pros
great pay easy work
Decent Pay, benefits
Customer Call Director (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 5, 2017
The job I had was for a call center for one of the largest operating systems and cellphone and computer manufacturers as well as tablets and other electronics. The downside was having to push the extended warranty plan which is not cheap to their already expensive products BEFORE offering technical support.
Experience at vmc
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 25, 2016
This company has been vary accomadating from the begining, I can truly say that I enjoy working here for multiple reasons one would be a great staff, second would be a great work ethic, thirdly a roll that allows my technical support to be tested!
awesome
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 28, 2016
it was good working at this company wasnt bad experienced a lot of different things and calls with customers. made sure i did possible to hep the customer calling in that day.
Micromanagement at its finest
CRM and SharePoint Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 30, 2016
Typical day entails a lof of customer calls, emails, and micromanagement from upper level managers. You are constantly drilled about trivial things while working on more pressing issues. Overall, very boring job with no tech interaction.
Pros
zip
Wonderful Place to Work
Tier 1 - Tech Support (call center) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 24, 2016
Love the work environment. Plenty of room for advancement, was offered at first but being that this was my first time in call center and tech support i thought it would be best to get a little more experience under my belt. The only thing that did hold me back from this job was the fact that I was sick for almost 2 months straight at a really bad time with the company, the company was needing us to complete mandatory overtime and I would have been okay if I hadnt been sick. However, since I was unable to rest I did get worse and had to take leave, Which I no longer qualified for.
All talk and no action
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 16, 2016
A typical day is running from one fire to the next as their is no solid support process in place. If new process are put in to place they executed with no planning.
Great company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 19, 2016
VMC was a great company to work for it is where I was given the chance to become a Project Manager. I never would have known how much I enjoy that job if I was never given the opportunity.
It wasn't quite what was expected
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 3, 2016
The daily work varied. We never knew exactly what we were doing until we showed up for work. Personally, I didn't feel like there was any real work to do. I saw no challenge or ability to further my knowledge and skills by playing game and telling the lead whether or no it was working appropriately. From a business perspective, they could easily use high school students or interns for the job and save a lot of money.
Cons
contract
Management does not follow standards
Technical support (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 5, 2016
Management does not maintain standards they hold employees to also they are not flexible with work schedules. They are constantly changing policies to which they do not keep. They often try and eliminate staff frequently at a high rate to meet contractors demands so the position is not secure at all. I have seen more than 100 employees get removed just due to a decrease in staff
na
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 3, 2016
It was an okay employer it could be better in certain areas there is always room for improvement ie not treating people as disposable
Fun workplace but only a stepping stone
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 22, 2016
The people make the job worthwhile. My role is highly enjoyable to me, and as a single parent I appreciate having some flex in my daily schedule. The pay is about average for my area. The shameful part is that nothing is done to retain employees. There are no raises. There are no benefits. Nada. It is a temp position with the promise of full-time employment that seldom materializes until years (yes years) later.

There seems to be a disconnect between upper management and the peons like me. I don't know where that disconnect exists, but it often seems like I am told one thing and months later a different plan transpires.

I would only recommend taking a position while you continue looking for a career.
Pros
some of the Microsoft perks like free soda, juice, and milk
Cons
perma-temp
Very Interesting
AppleCare Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2016
Go into work, usually answer 10-15 calls a shift. The work environment is a very nice one.

Learned everything there is to know about IOS Software.

Hardest part of the job is answering phone calls back to back to back.
Ok
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 25, 2016
The environment is ok they make it as fun as possible and a really easy place to work at. Just too much favoritism at the site, management is blind to it. Upper management at the site not proficient at their job, and a lot of shady things that happen behind the scenes. If it wasn't for my advisors and some of my co workers i would have left a long time ago.
Pros
environment, people, easy
Cons
management, favoritism, no advancement opportunities, not a fair place.
Multitasking and Fun to Work
Technical Support Advisors (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 27, 2015
My experience in this job has been great, I have had the opportunity to learn different levels of skills to troubleshoot complex Mac issues via chat. Tools necessary has been provided by my employer. Rewards on hard work and motivation to continue to provide great service to customers globally.
Pros
Good Activities, flexible schedules
Cons
The Health plan does not cover enough benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VMC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9