VMC Employee Reviews

Ok
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 25, 2016
The environment is ok they make it as fun as possible and a really easy place to work at. Just too much favoritism at the site, management is blind to it. Upper management at the site not proficient at their job, and a lot of shady things that happen behind the scenes. If it wasn't for my advisors and some of my co workers i would have left a long time ago.
Pros
environment, people, easy
Cons
management, favoritism, no advancement opportunities, not a fair place.
VMC could do a lot better for itself
TEAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  san antonio, txJuly 22, 2015
I moved up from a phone advisor to management in a short amount of time. However, the culture is such that it does not promote employee satisfaction or good morale. As management, good employee morale is nonexistent. The best part of the job was helping my advisors become better and move up themselves. The hardest part of the job is watching butt-kissers move up instead of truly talented individuals. Watching the souls of those who had a real passion for the job get crushed daily wasn't fun either. All in all, it would take too much time to fully explain all that VMC needs to fix to make it a good work experience. I've already devoted enough time to it, thanks.
Pros
Loved my boss
Cons
hated everything else, benefits really suck
Fun workplace but only a stepping stone
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 22, 2016
The people make the job worthwhile. My role is highly enjoyable to me, and as a single parent I appreciate having some flex in my daily schedule. The pay is about average for my area. The shameful part is that nothing is done to retain employees. There are no raises. There are no benefits. Nada. It is a temp position with the promise of full-time employment that seldom materializes until years (yes years) later.

There seems to be a disconnect between upper management and the peons like me. I don't know where that disconnect exists, but it often seems like I am told one thing and months later a different plan transpires.

I would only recommend taking a position while you continue looking for a career.
Pros
some of the Microsoft perks like free soda, juice, and milk
Cons
perma-temp
It wasn't quite what was expected
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 3, 2016
The daily work varied. We never knew exactly what we were doing until we showed up for work. Personally, I didn't feel like there was any real work to do. I saw no challenge or ability to further my knowledge and skills by playing game and telling the lead whether or no it was working appropriately. From a business perspective, they could easily use high school students or interns for the job and save a lot of money.
Cons
contract
Micromanagement at its finest
CRM and SharePoint Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 30, 2016
Typical day entails a lof of customer calls, emails, and micromanagement from upper level managers. You are constantly drilled about trivial things while working on more pressing issues. Overall, very boring job with no tech interaction.
Pros
zip
Management does not follow standards
Technical support (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 5, 2016
Management does not maintain standards they hold employees to also they are not flexible with work schedules. They are constantly changing policies to which they do not keep. They often try and eliminate staff frequently at a high rate to meet contractors demands so the position is not secure at all. I have seen more than 100 employees get removed just due to a decrease in staff
Multitasking and Fun to Work
Technical Support Advisors (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 27, 2015
My experience in this job has been great, I have had the opportunity to learn different levels of skills to troubleshoot complex Mac issues via chat. Tools necessary has been provided by my employer. Rewards on hard work and motivation to continue to provide great service to customers globally.
Pros
Good Activities, flexible schedules
Cons
The Health plan does not cover enough benefits
All talk and no action
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 16, 2016
A typical day is running from one fire to the next as their is no solid support process in place. If new process are put in to place they executed with no planning.
Great company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 19, 2016
VMC was a great company to work for it is where I was given the chance to become a Project Manager. I never would have known how much I enjoy that job if I was never given the opportunity.
good experience
Tier 1 Tech Manager (Current Employee) –  san antonio, txSeptember 29, 2015
Good experience for a first time call center to to maintain management experience. A lot of OT always available and room for advancement.
na
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 3, 2016
It was an okay employer it could be better in certain areas there is always room for improvement ie not treating people as disposable
Very Interesting
AppleCare Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2016
Go into work, usually answer 10-15 calls a shift. The work environment is a very nice one.

Learned everything there is to know about IOS Software.

Hardest part of the job is answering phone calls back to back to back.
fast pace
Call Director (Former Employee) –  San AntonioOctober 12, 2015
Was a very easy job, learned how to managed calls.
Management was not so great. Very competative.
fast passed job. alot of people to deal with.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Good starting point to get your foot in the door somewhere else.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 11, 2015
Great pay, and an opportunity to advance into a role with better companies using the knowledge and experience. Not a long term place of employment as they will not treat you with respect and have very poor communication and work life balance and respect with employees.
Solid compensation
Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 16, 2013
As a call center based environment, this feels like a typical job. The pay is very strong and it is on Microsoft campus and there's access to a lot of information. However, upper management is inconsistent and policies change on a weekly basis.

The job itself is highly technical, assisting customers with any issues that may present in SharePoint online environments. Customers range from no technical knowledge to SharePoint administrators. These customers are all over the world and the center is 24/7.
Pros
on microsoft campus. high wages
Cons
poor benefits. management
Great people to work with and challenging opportunities
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 19, 2015
-discuss performance with my managers and absenteeism
-handle employee HR issues and corrective action
-meet with executives on conference calls on action plans and progress
-Develop contests and make decisions on employee morale
-complete performance evaluations monthly, quarterly and annually
-organize hiring events and screen applicants
-conduct interviews and select managers for a new team of advisors
-handle client complaints within 24 hours
-provide direction to those managers not performing and develop an action plan
Pros
I work with a great team of managers and advisors
Cons
lack of top to bottom structure
Fun job
Tier 1 Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 3, 2015
Working at VMC was very enjoyable all my coworkers were easy to get along with and most of the management was easy to talk to. I learned a lot about fixing issues with Apple products and how and when to offer extra services or new products to customers.
Pros
attentive management, great environment, weekly incentives
Cons
no benefits, not much room for growth
not what it portrayed it would be
Spanish Tech Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 18, 2013
Almost here a year will not have a raise , vacation or good benefits. do not get restroom breaks had to do it during your break or lunch or log out & not be paid, and was not compensated for the amount of work that was being done.
Pros
experience as far as working with apple products
Cons
healthcare had it for 3 mths needed a procedure done would only cover $1000 i was paying $40 a wk
Fun Workplace
Tier 1 Techinal Support Spanish (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2014
A typical workday was logging into your systems and getting ready to take calls.

I learned how to troubleshoot different kinds of mobile devices and software for customers who needed technical support. in Spanish. Really easy job, even for those who may not be tech-savy.

Management was always willing to help out, and they were always really friendly. They were more like friends than managers, which is different, since most other places where I worked in the past, previous managers were strictly business or did not care if you succeeded or not.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to help a customer sometimes because they were just out of luck and had to find another way (if any) to get there devices or computers fixed, and then getting a dis-satisfied survey.

The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing a customer upset at the beginning of the call, but then they are satisfied and happy with the service provided by the end of the call. All of my co-workers and managers were super friendly and super helpful, and they really made the work place fun and enjoyable which made the day go by faster. Also we were not very busy like a lot of other call centers, so it was pretty laid back at times.
Pros
easy job, weekly pay, fun co-workers
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement or job security
bottom line: their bottom line
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 10, 2015
Easy to get in--
Like most call centers these days a lot of politics
Clique culture beware the drama.
I can say though it is what you make of it and if you're a CSR you got a job as long as you want one

2.9