VMC

VMC Employee Reviews

Not a good company
Apple Advisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 22, 2015
They do not take care of you as a company. They did not treat me with much respect. Very easy to get the job there but did not enjoy the company or the work.
Great people to work with and challenging opportunities
Operations Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 19, 2015
Pros: I work with a great team of managers and advisors
Cons: lack of top to bottom structure
-discuss performance with my managers and absenteeism
-handle employee HR issues and corrective action
-meet with executives on conference calls on action plans and progress
-Develop contests and make – more... decisions on employee morale
-complete performance evaluations monthly, quarterly and annually
-organize hiring events and screen applicants
-conduct interviews and select managers for a new team of advisors
-handle client complaints within 24 hours
-provide direction to those managers not performing and develop an action plan – less
they are ok to work for if you expect low pay for the job that is performed
System Integration Team Lab Manager (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COFebruary 24, 2015
NO leadership. Previous leadership team has been replaced. New leader was brought in and bolted soon after. Double dip with VMC and VIS so client gets charged twice. Contractor's are body slammed and y employees stay because of path of least resistance. Childish, Petty, Toxic. Run away
Good work place, bad management
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee), Las Cruces NMJanuary 29, 2015
Job payed well, work environment was good, never enough seating. And they do discriminate
easiest job
Call Director (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: easy
Cons: too repetitive
recieve a high call volume and direct calls and transfer to the correct department. Really easy job laid back environment.
f
Senior Advisor - AppleCare Tech Support (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 9, 2015
iOS Technical Advisor
Adtran Technical Support Associate (Virtual Wireless LAN, Unified Communications Server, Unified Communications Appliance, IP Business Gateway, and Internetworking) certifications. – more...
Problem Identification / AnalysisiOS Technical Advisor
Problem Identification / AnalysisiOS Technical Advisor
Problem Identification / Analysis – less
Fun job
Tier 1 Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: attentive management, great environment, weekly incentives
Cons: no benefits, not much room for growth
Working at VMC was very enjoyable all my coworkers were easy to get along with and most of the management was easy to talk to. I learned a lot about fixing issues with Apple products and how and when to offer extra services or new products to customers.
Excellent for people who like working with technology
Technical Support Advisor (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMNovember 11, 2014
Being a call center every day consists of helping customers with there technical questions and concerns. Continual job training occurs to help keep up to date with current technology. most co-workers are friendly and willing to help out. Management is also the same.
Chief Project Manager
Chief Project Manager (Former Employee), RemoteJuly 16, 2014
Over 10 years of dedicated experience delivering Project Management and Program/System Implementations , in the areas of Talent Management, Payroll, HR Integrated Systems Implementations and Human Capital Management/ Workforce Management.
My experience include project budgets Medium to Large scale US and Global projects
I Dig this Gig
Apple Senior Advisor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 2, 2014
Any place that you actually like coming to work can't be all bad, right? Good people; my manager is great; and his manager is a good person also.
High Stress enviornment,quick to fire without reason
Tier 3 Senior Xbox Escalations Engineer (Current Employee), Irving, TXMay 22, 2014
High Stress environment ,quick to fire without reason.
little training
poor management
Its a nice place to start out
Customer Service, mental capacity (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 13, 2014
Pros: great for advanceing your carrer
Cons: will only give you bear minium.
The place it a great place to start out other then that its not a place that you will be wanting to stay for a long time. They promise you the world but when time comes blame everyone else on why nothing is getting done.
Friendly, fun workplace
Call Director (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 1, 2014
very fun environment, easy job duties and good pay. Friendly people around and the managers are there to help assist with any questions while you are on a call.
Fun Workplace
Tier 1 Techinal Support Spanish (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2014
Pros: easy job, weekly pay, fun co-workers
Cons: not a lot of room for advancement or job security
A typical workday was logging into your systems and getting ready to take calls.

I learned how to troubleshoot different kinds of mobile devices and software for customers who needed technical support. – more... in Spanish. Really easy job, even for those who may not be tech-savy.

Management was always willing to help out, and they were always really friendly. They were more like friends than managers, which is different, since most other places where I worked in the past, previous managers were strictly business or did not care if you succeeded or not.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to help a customer sometimes because they were just out of luck and had to find another way (if any) to get there devices or computers fixed, and then getting a dis-satisfied survey.

The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing a customer upset at the beginning of the call, but then they are satisfied and happy with the service provided by the end of the call. All of my co-workers and managers were super friendly and super helpful, and they really made the work place fun and enjoyable which made the day go by faster. Also we were not very busy like a lot of other call centers, so it was pretty laid back at times. – less
Great company
Tier 1 and 2 iOS Tech Advisor (Current Employee), San antonio, TXMarch 25, 2014
Pros: chill, great coworkers and managers, good enough pay
I currently work for this company as a iOS Tier 2 advisor. Troubleshooting iOS devices at the most, and helping the customer out throughout the day.
If you're tech savvy, and loves to help customers resolve – more... issues to make them happy then this is the right job for you.

Although I feel like I should be getting payed more due to stress at times this job brings, I still get excited waking up in morning knowing I will come a job I enjoy doing.

Co-workers? Man, don't even start. I love my co-workers! It is drama free zone! Of course from time to time there's some but that in all companies right? They make my day go a little faster my co-workers, and they help you out a lot when you're in need of advise.

I've learner a lot ever since I worked for this company. Mostly troubleshooting iOS devices, but I also improve drastically on my customer service skills, and I learned how to communicate well with other people.

Hardest part of the job as a Tier 1, would probably be the low avail time for me. Tier 1 was pretty easy, as long as you do your job correctly and follow articles and willing to help customer's out. If you exhaust all of your resources, you have the right to escalate to Tier 2, which is heaven! haha.

As a Tier 2 advisor though, its the same troubleshooting steps but more advanced. More positioning skills are needed, and you need A LOT of patience. Also you gota keep it cool at all times, because once you loose your cool, there goes your whole day. You also have the option to appease customer's and escalate further to the engineers which is pretty cool. Tier 2 is very chill, a lot more avail and they are lenient about some things but more BAD calls but I love it!

Most enjoyable part of this job, would probably be the work environment, co-workers, and management. Everybody is so fun to be with, we're like a big fat family who sometimes hate each other but at most love each other. Haha. The team I am in right now is great. I can never ask for more, nor my team manager or operations manager. Both are cool people, and as long as you do your job correctly, they have your back and you will stay in their good side.

All and all, I really recommend this company to anyone at any age! If your love helping people, apply for this one! You'll love it! – less
Unpleasant work environment
Tier 1 Customer Director/Sales (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 19, 2014
VMC is not a top quality employer. They will hire anyone and the quality of employees was not what I would consider to be beneficial to customer satisfaction
Customer Director
Customer Director (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 18, 2014
it was a full time job and as long as you knew if the customer was eligible for support, it was just cake walk from there.
productive and fun work environment
Call center Director (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 18, 2014
Answered phone calls to help customers with their tech support. if customers did not have tech support i would offer applecare or other online free resources to customers. Management was fair and well – more... organized. hardest part of the job was making sure your call flow was correct so when they graded your call you wouldnt fail.I liked the job was very easy and all youhad to do was nake sure you learned the call flow offered applecare and helped the customers as much as you could. – less
Productive yet strict.
technical support advisor ("Tier 1") (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: being in a friendly environment, and helping customers.
Cons: short breaks, unorganized managment.
A typical day at work would be getting to work on time and being ready to take calls as soon as clocking in. I learned a lot about technical support with Apple products and have learned to become much – more... more patient over the phone dealing with the customer's in need. My co-workers made the environment comfortable and helpful. There wasn't really a hard part of the job, it was mainly easy work, just depending on the customer at the moment. But I can add that before my assignment ended, they did become a little more strict on the employees (cutting hours, etc.). The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the customer's that were VERY appreciative of the help you assisted with them. It can be the shortest call or the longest call, it just always feels good knowing I assisted the customer and came to a resolution. Management there was okay, could have been a bit more organized and really put the means to "open-door policy" like they stress ! – less
Great Environment
Call director (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 8, 2013
Pros: work environment
Cons: no benefits
Everyday work was great with the coworkers and customer.
Everyday always had something new. I learn more customer service skills.

1 2 3