VMware Employee Reviews

Political, stressful environment, poorly managed
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 8, 2012
Management is old school, abusive and hostile. You will lose your creativity and aliveness due to the fearful environment. There is constant firing based on personal and style reasons. It is so sad at VMware.
Cons
miserable work environment, no work and life balance, no respect for the working team
Positive workplace tempered by not-so-mature processes
senior consultant (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 30, 2014
A vibrant environment with a young resource pool in senior roles. Lacks an experienced context in terms of seasoned approach to meeting objectives. Successful and timely execution of objectives hampered by not-so-mature processes and a few immature, insecure resources.
Fun work environment
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 17, 2015
Managers helped me grow personally and professionally. I learned many skills including sales, phone conversation, product knowledge, and working in a corporate environment. I loved the people I worked with. Everyone was very positive and wanted you to get up and go to work everyday.
Sr. Desk Analyst
Sr. Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 29, 2015
• Partners with the field sales organization to drive Enterprise License Agreement deal closure.
One-touch resource for field sales; responsible for liaising with all organizations involved in the Enterprise License Agreement process (finance, legal, order management, etc.) on behalf of field sales.
Pros
excellent
Great working environment, Great people
Software Dev(Intern) (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 9, 2015
I worked with a team of about ten people who got along well together. We had a bi weekly poker night and would hang out after work. The whole team was dedicated to the product, and really took pride in what they did. They were easy on the newbie and were always willing to answer questions.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 27, 2014
VMware is an awesome company to work for. The company totally believes inwork/life balance. They provide an enviroment to grow and training is prevelant. The Managers have an open door policy and support the work of their team.
Pros
free breakfast every friday
Cons
insides sales is turning into a call center enviroment.
Time for a change
Sr. IT Manager - WW Telecom & AV Services (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 6, 2012
The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with my extremely knowledgeable team of seasoned telecommunications professionals. Over the years, building and managing my team has been a learning experience when dealing with multicultural personalities from across the globe.
Not a great work environment
HR (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 3, 2015
This is the worse place I have ever worked for. Would definitely not recommend. The culture is screwed up they try to hide it by giving their people free breakfast. About 70% of their employees are either Temp or Interns. They rarely convert people. If you need quick money then work here if not then stay away.
Great place to work!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 29, 2015
VMware is a great place to work and I wish I had not left. I took a role at another company for career advancement and wish I had stayed. Great people, best in class solutions and from what I hear, the path to making more money has become easier. Maybe I will be able to go back.
Pros
Grea teams, great solutions
Cons
Productive workplace with plenty of room for growth
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 8, 2015
Working here has been amazing. There is plenty of room for advancement within the Sales Org. The managers are encouraging and my coworkers are always there to lend a hand and answer any question.
Pros
company culture, advancement
Cons
contract role
Marketing (Current Employee) –  USJanuary 25, 2015
VMware is a innovator of technology with much potential for their products. However, they struggle with a small company turned into a Global entity that lacks stability in execution, management turn-over/political climate and mediocre employee morale.
Pros
great benefits, compensation is good
Cons
unstable leaders
High volume work, but reward was well worth it
E-mail Marketing Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 6, 2012
Learned a lot about the ins and outs of email marketing and what goes on in creating quality messaging to the customer.

Coworkers were amazing and that's what made it an enjoyable place to work.

Hardest part, high volume work load, but pay off was worth it.
Several Floors of offices and conference room and briefing space
Services Sales Executive-Federal (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2015
Very segmented groups working on various product focus. Multiple acquisition's created multiple sales over lays
Multiple reps in each segment
multiple overlays responsible for technologies
Pros
great break rooms
Cons
long days
great products two companies
Regional Practice Director -Advisory Services (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 11, 2014
there is the Palo Alto culture and then there is the field - Very Political- organization is in constant flux and there are people who make it their job to accomplish nothing and just promote what they would do in the next reorg- VMware rewards that
Great company
Product Management Intern, vFabric Data Platform (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 2, 2012
Great facility, location, compensation.
People are supportive and easy going.
It's technology driven company so tech background would help.
It used to be a start-up but now is a big organization. You may hear people complaining about the change of culture & style.
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 31, 2015
The position I have lets me work from home part time. Great people to work with - lots of interaction with people from around the world. Company offers lots of great perks - snacks, all kinds of drinks, happy hours the first Friday of every month, breakfast tacos on Fridays, messages on site.
Great place to work, excellent compensation and benefits!
Senior QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2012
Vmware is a great company to work for. Although I have only joined the company as an external associate I would say that this is one the best companies that I have ever worked for.
Pros
great compensation, transparent management, great work culture
Work day
Account Executive (Enterprise) (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 9, 2012
-cup of coffee
-look at outlook for meetings
-Check VM
-Check to do list
-Call outside reps for any updates
-research IB reports
-strategically positions products based on customer needs based on IB reports
-Mail Merge promos and follow ups.
Pros
flexibale hours
Cons
not much room for growth
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 5, 2016
VMware is a great place to work at. I drive from Hayward to Palo Alto everyday to work, and the drive is not that bad when you get use to it. Start work at 8am and time fly by real quick as a Desktop Technician because of all the support tickets come in. Overall, love the place.
High Technology vClould Emerging Market
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CaliforniaAugust 6, 2015
VMware is growing and revolving in the vCloud Emerging Market
I enjoy working in the fast paced and in-demand environment
VMware's has great team spirit and enthusiasm.
Pros
Beautiful Campus, Flexible work schedules
Cons
Minimal opportunity for growth