VNA Health Care Employee Reviews

Intense
Hartford Hospital Customer Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTJuly 18, 2017
VNA healthcare is crutial part in the healthcare feild. As a company they provided numerous programs to patients and I feel so honored to have provided families with Hospice services in a difficult time.
Fun envirnoment to work in
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJJune 12, 2017
VNA Health Group is a great organization to work for. The company is by far a professional work place where your voice and opinions are taken into consideration. Where you can grow in your profession. You have all the equipment necessary. to do your job. There is always room for learning new concepts. A work place where you are supported by a team of staff and Clinical Director of Nursing. Management is always looking for ways to improve the work load and while still adhering to the guidelines of CMS and VNA policy. This is a place where you can make a difference in the life of the clients you case manage or speak with by phone to give reassurance to clients questions.
Pros
The company spares no cost in rewarding it's employees
Cons
There are no cons. Do your job professionally and the rest falls in place
ok place to work
CNA/Public Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 30, 2017
place with a lot of resourses for the community
they should focus on customer service its very stressful for patients to be waiting 2-3 to see a doctor
fun
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTApril 27, 2017
HOW FUN IS PRODUCTIVE
Imagine a work world where people love their work environment, and they are calm, stress-free and happy all day long. People who are in good spirits are more likely to be productive. Their mental attitude produces increased oxygen, endorphins, and blood flow to the brain, which enables them to think more clearly and creatively. They are more relaxed, more accepting of others, and more likely to share their sense of humor.
Laughter creates a bond that brings others together; people like to be with employees who are having fun. Creativity, intuition and flexibility are key to successful operation of organizations today. In stimulating environments, employees enjoy their time at work and they will also excel at work. Attracting customers is easier in an environment of hospitality. A fun workplace is not only more productive, but it attracts people and profits.
Rn
Care coordination (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 24, 2017
Co workers are great. Benefits are terrible, management needs a ton of improvement, hours are decent and the pay is average (depending on your location and position)
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
horrible health benefits
Flexability
Medicaid Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 14, 2017
flexability hours able to make up your time if your short and also time when you are in need to take the time if need especially when you have not accured the time for the holidays.
Pros
unassigned lunch time, make time up
Cons
no advance in career
The most enjoyable part of the job
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYFebruary 1, 2017
I love the fact that you are in a home not a facility so it gives you the opportunity to be one on one with the client, as well as being able to give the best care because you have time to.
Pros
good hours
Cons
low pay
Its an ok place to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOJanuary 31, 2017
They aren't any good about getting the client any help when the worker is sick or on vacation even though when I take a day off I send in my form over a month early and I'm calling just a few days before because they haven't called me to confirm it and I get yelled arbor needing that day off they like to blame thenworkers when really it's all them
Pros
Hours
Cons
Schedulers
Great Place to Work and Meaningful Mission.
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 25, 2017
VNA is the place to go if you are interested in having a meaningful career! You are valued and have opportunities to grow in your career. Good pay, benefits and work environment. This work is not for the faint hearted. You do work hard, however, the work is very rewarding. Love working at the VNA, my co-workers and helping the community!
Pros
Good Pay, Benefits and Enviornment. Great Mission.
Cons
Busy work enviornment
High turnover and financial issues every couple of years
staff (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 10, 2017
Although I found there to be excessive turnover of staff, to include senior staff and recurring financial issues of the system to be a part of VNAs last 10 year history, the organization has a strong commitment to treating the disadvantaged in low income neighborhoods. I believe most employees really care. There was just too much inter-fighting and back biting and we even saw this at the top of the organization. People would be there one day and gone the next--managers that we liked and know to be successful would disappear. This kept us all insecure in our roles and many good people left. Eventually, I will too. Unfortunate. The organization needs to be corrected from the top down, not the bottom up.
Pros
Good Mission
Cons
Mission is not lived out day to day
Decent place to work.
Worker (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 14, 2016
Doctor's are always busy. There is a need for more staff to tend to the patients. The benefits are good, but administration needs to listen to the needs of their workers and patients.
Pros
Pto
Cons
A lot of staff turnover
Run away!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 12, 2016
This company should change their mission statement immediately. It's intention was always good, however for a non for profit organization, profit seems to be at the top of their list. Very poor management. People who work here are mostly genuine and want to help patients who come here. But it is next to impossible due to poor organization, lack of supplies, and being short staffed.
If you want to be valued as a person as opposed to a number, then this is not the place for you. I only hope that upper management can resolve issues and get down to the basics of helping its much needed community.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Very poor management
intake/receptionist
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 17, 2016
overall co-workers were great , hours ok , benefits ok ,
management and HR needs work not very professional.
overall ok place to work
Pros
benefits good, co-workers-
Cons
managment, HR is terrible
See Below
IV Nurse, Staff Nurse, (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2016
Focus on patient care and computers when I was there.
I do not know what the emphasis in now. The staff was nice to work with. They were very helpful as I was new to the city. Also instrumental in helping me learn the ropes.
Pros
I enjoyed the comaraderie.
Cons
Too much traveling between patients.
no hours
Assist the elderly (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTJuly 9, 2015
never have work to given out. very poor communication skills, and they alwyas want to tell you how to do you job and they never understand you
Poor Administration will kill this great place
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 28, 2015
The mission of the VNA is awesome. The patients and the general staff are also awesome. The administration is only concerned with pumping as many people through the doors as they can and they have absolutely no concern for patient safety. The providers are seeing up to 50 patients a day and the risk for making mistakes are huge. Anytime someone tries to mention that they should adjust the policy, they the employee that that is the way it is and is not going to change. Then if anyone is insistent they just disappear one day. It is a shame that such a great mission is destroyed by what appears to be greed even though it is supposed to be a not-for-profit entity. Too bad!
Pros
the patients and the clinical staff
Cons
the administration is so disconnected from clinical reality
enjoy working with co-workers
Consultant for various Chicago land Organizations (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 19, 2015
I was a temp and needed to work a full time job, coworkers were hard workers and friendly. If I was offered a full time position I would have stayed.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
pay not great
Great place to start your health care career
PCA- Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILNovember 17, 2014
I learned how to everything thing I know. I roomed patients, chart vitals taken and reason for visit, prepared rooms and maintained enough stock needed for the week, became great at what I do and I trained new employees, learned how to handle urine specimens, QC equipment, assisted with translation and with procedures done in office, sterilize equipment, copy and fax, answering phones and questions of patients. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers because we are all passionate of the work we do and give it our 110% each day. The hardest part was staying until the last patient was seen because there were days we stayed till 10 pm at night when we started at 8 am.
WIC program is a fun palace to work , all co-workers were a joy to be around.
PHA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 8, 2014
WIC director was always in during hours of operation, which always made a good impression. Any questions or concerns she was always their to help, always did the work that PHA did when we were short staffed. I can honestly say that i never did not want to go to work the atmosphere just made it that type of job.
very political place to work for too much favoratism!
ginnie pig for management (Former Employee) –  ILFebruary 21, 2014
Co workers are mostly nice. Like anywhere there is alot of backstabbers.
Management is the worst they really dont care about the well being of the community rather how much money the company has in their bank account.
There is no confidentiality between human resources and other employees therefore open communication with them is definetly not something I recommend.
Benefits were fine, good paid time off, basically that is the reason I stayed so long.
This is a place I would recommend just to get experience and as soon as you can, find a better company to work for.
Pros
Fast paced, fun co-workers
Cons
poor management, no job security, alot of chit chatting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VNA Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5