VNA Employee Reviews

This dept is poorly managed
LPN for Complete Care Services (Former Employee) –  Butler, PA 16001November 30, 2016
Initially had a great supervisor, but after she left, things went downhill. No rhyme or reason for those who were offered assignments, but there was definitely favoritism. Could never get a straight answer when asked. Begged for more work for several years. I did enjoy my clients, most of whom were elderly.
Pros
Not difficult work
Cons
lack of work
everybody worked as a team and was always friendly to be around
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dexter, MOSeptember 24, 2016
It was always nice to go into the office everbody was always friendly and had positive attitudes. Also if you ever had a problem with your schedule or anything they were always happy to work with you anyway they could.
understaffed, no lunch or breaks, extensive driving. good team and loved the patient care. average benefits
Buffalo- Visiting Nurse, Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14210April 30, 2016
see above, this part is really a waste of times and I don't appreciate having to do this. , would not recommend this company to anyone, at risk daily due to extensive driving. plan on doing paperwork at home for free.
Unpleasant enviorment
intake coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDDecember 30, 2015
This was a terrific agency until bought by med star. Before med star there was a secure and safe working environment.
A large group of people came and took over- they never informed us of what to expect of our job safety.
Then one day they came in and began to fire everyone.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
EVERYTHING
good very peaceful
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  lewistown pa 17044October 19, 2015
good place to work and very mellow. people were nice. over all helping people. I loved going and helping the client and listening to there life stories and anything for them cause there life is important
A community in need of compassionate care
Hospice Nurse (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAOctober 5, 2015
I enjoy working with patients and their families. It is amazing what I actually clinically do in patient's homes. I have been promoted to Admission RN and am assigned to the most completed patients.
Pros
I enjoy helping people in need
Positioned resident (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 10, 2015
Typical day at work Monday to Friday morning time.
I learned to help people with disabilities.
The hardest part of the job was transportation.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of
my clients.
great palace to work for
LICENSE NURSES AIDE (Former Employee) –  manchester new hampshireJuly 29, 2015
worked 11-7
learned to work independently
great management
helpful co workers
working was hard but when the hard period pass it was enjoyable.
Pros
great learning experience
Helping patients and professional collections techniques.
Hospice Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  York, Pa.July 7, 2015
I loved working with the VNA and WellSpan and interacting with the patients. It was a great opportunity helping the patients and their families through such difficlt times.

Working at Bon Ton as a Collector was very challenging and loved resolving outstanding accounts to benefit the company and to bring the loss of revenue into a positive. While working with the Bon Ton Corporate offices, I also had the opportunity to train the collectors so that they may be able to achieve collections in a professional manner.
Pros
Benefits were great even for Part Time employees.
Cons
I felt some of the employees could have done their job more effectively and not waste so much time.
Wonderful Mission, Wonderful Team
Managing Director-Private Care (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 23, 2015
VNA helps people at the end of their lives and feeds those who are hungry. What a great mission to have as a company. Through their Hospice and Meals on Wheels program, VNA helps hundreds of people each day.
Pros
Get to help people everyday as part of your job
productive
care provider (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 29, 2015
Fun
Exciting
the kids and elderly adored me, and trusted me deeply. love bringing a smile upon their faces each and everyday, through laughter or group projects
Wonderful Agency
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 26, 2015
Go to different homes, private nursing facilities, and hospitals. Learned to deal with different characters and mentally challenges. Co-workers we worked as team players. Hardiest part of job was getting sent very far where a couple times where addresses not correct. Leaving client safe, happy as well as their family members
Rewarding job
Hospice of South Texas Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  San AntonioMay 21, 2015
worked closely with Medical Director/Clinical Director & IDT to provide total care for Hospice residents to include equipment, med supplies, referrals,comfort care & setup transfer to inpatient facility.
Pros
Fulfilling
Cons
Emotional
Fun and fast paced
Primary Case Manager Home Health RN (Former Employee) –  ValparaisoApril 18, 2015
Lots of skills to be learned. Wonderful pts and staff. A great place to transition from hospital to home health. Home health is a great 8 -10hour job with lots of independence
Great job but lousy people to work with.
In Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYApril 7, 2015
I liked working for vna but the house they placed me in had a very hard person to work for. My general complaint's went unanswered and the individual in question should not have been allowed to recieve there services.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Did not do anything about the bad individual for whom I worked for.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Sourthern CTApril 7, 2015
Great Company. While employed I had a great time working here. Management was easy to talk too and willing to train me. I a reg day I went to patients home and ensured that they were well taken care of.
Home Health Agency
Physician Advocate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 25, 2015
Responsible for gathering medical information for medicaid requirements. Worked with various offices to collect data for face to face forms. Cubicle environment
decent pay
paramedic (Current Employee) –  CincinnatiFebruary 3, 2015
Poor management... under new management now so we'll see how it goes. Hopefully things start to change. Getting off late consistently gets old hard to mix outside life. Part time supervisor very hard to get in touch with doesn't seem to care about work issues.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
get off late regularly, management not available when needed nor do they seem to care about company issues, poor employee moral
long respected business in community
LPN (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAJanuary 27, 2015
felt very blessed to have been an employee of the organization
Fulfillment of helping others whom can't help themselves
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 17, 2015
Each work day, I would help clean and dress clients, cook meals, give medication reminders, run errands, and provide companionship to each client.
Pros
Helping others and working independently.
Cons
Having to travel to less than ideal locations.