VNA Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Well organized
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MASeptember 5, 2017
The customers were often very nice. I was able to choose my own hours to work. I would leave the customers houses with satisfaction. I would receive great tips.
Pros
Good customers, great tips
Cons
My house is a little far from my workplace
No room for advancement
Support Services associate (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INSeptember 1, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the clients! The things that I don't care for is the fact that we don't have a paid receptionist so we have to answer phones, take on billing for our department when we have no idea how to do billing & HR is supposed to be your friend but clearly they're not on the employees side at all.
Pros
you get lots of PTO
Cons
always stressed
Very relaxed.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 30, 2017
Always very positive people to work with as far as office staff. Manage are just as positive. You always know ahead of time what your scheduled hours to work are.
Pros
Always know of schedule ahead of time.
Close to home
IT Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 24, 2017
Job is super fun, everyone is really friendly. Being part of the IT everyone wants you, It's close to home which makes it even better. Kind of a laid back environment not rush rush like some jobs I've been to for way less.
Pros
Give you $10 card for food for free, must refill yourself after that is gone, just a really good place to be at.
Cons
Only contracted for few months, wish I was permanent.
educational and rewarding
LPN (Current Employee) –  Kennett, MO 63857July 20, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job was my job itself, working with a child who physically was unable to perform tasks on his own was very rewarding for myself. I learned a lot about trachs, mickey buttons, ventilators, etc. The one and only reason I have chosen to leave is due to my relocation to the Memphis, TN area.
Great place to work .I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with.
Scheduler, South Shore (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAJuly 13, 2017
I started my day checking messages. I then would review the new referrals and prioritize them. Then I would look at the unassigned patients and the nurses schedules. I was responsible for 14 nurses. After filling the nurses schedules, they would check in with me to go over them. This was very fast paced as they needed to get out to see their patients. I spent the day looking at the nurse notes on each patient and creating a plan of care according to their diagnosis. I would make calls and also answer calls to/ from patients and nurses and also hospital physicians reps and rehabilitation coordinators. The job kept me very busy and I liked it. I would also send out faxes when needed.
Pros
Working with people and making a difference.
About VNA
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 12, 2017
On a typical day working with patients is a learning experience,everyday you learn something new. The hardest part about the job to me is when i leave it breaks my heart to know they don't have to stay there an help them with there needs.. The most enjoyable part is knowing that I've put a smile on there faces an letting them know that someone does care
Am indeed looking for work
CNA (Former Employee) –  969 hebron ave glastonbury ct 06040June 24, 2017
VAN is health company now called independence at home, my client has been taking to the hospital and i can't sit down without doing anything.Sometimes people wants to get more experience from some where else
Cons
Health care
Loved my co workers
LPN (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJune 11, 2017
Very busy and fast paced work environment.Co workers were outstanding people. Very personal Nurses, PT, OT an office employees. Helping people and theirs families was worth everyday.
lots of driving
Homemaker companion (Former Employee) –  Guilford, CTMay 25, 2017
lots of driving between clients, can go from one part of town to another and back in 1 shift. housekeeping, companionship meal preps. no personal care
Pros
clients
Cons
driving
Great people, dedicated staff
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHApril 19, 2017
As a fairly new employee of VNA I have to say that whatever problems that the company had in the past seems to have worked it's self out. The staff in Mansfield are dedicated and success driven. Everyone jumps in to help one another. People seem to be doing multiple jobs but the managers have put the right people into the right positions for them. I look forward to a long career with VNA.
Pros
team atmosphere
Cons
short breaks
VNA - BIG Turn around rate
Visiting Nurse Association (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 3, 2017
VNA of Philadelphia has underwent major changes not for the better. Great pay but no work life balance. Your LIFE IS THE VNA. Please do not think your job is 8 hours and your finished. NO, NO, NO.....after seeing patients you spend your entire night with documentation. If you u don't have a family and enjoy giving your life to a company then this is for you.
VNA is a outstand
Financial Coordinator and Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Manasquan, NJMarch 29, 2017
VNA has such wonderful programs, they give so much back to the community and do so much for the under privileged kids. Nurses always have a smile on their face, everyone is always willing to lend a hand. Can not say enough good things about the VNA.
It was an ok company to work for but not the easiest if you have children with medical needs
LNA/Activity Assistant, (Former Employee) –  1110 Prim Rd. Colchester,VT 05478March 22, 2017
I had issues with taking time off to bring children to the doctors and if they were sick. The company states it is a mother friendly company but I did not always find this to be true. Very hard to find coverage for you position
Caring and friendly staff.
Private Duty CNA (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLFebruary 11, 2017
The VNA has a ton of staff- all of which are friendly and eager to help in any way. The nurses and caregivers truly care about their patients, which shows in the quality of care their patients receive.
Poorly Managed
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CA 92507December 29, 2016
The agency asked employees to hold their paychecks for up to a week because they didn't meet payroll. This was without warning. They changed charting systems with only a very brief orientation to the new system. Even though employed full-time, the caseload was only 2 or 3 patients a day on many days. The work environment was very negative. never felt more out of place and have never been treated so rudely in any previous employment. Some days I was reduced to tears.
Pros
Nice patients
Cons
Rude workplace
This dept is poorly managed
LPN for Complete Care Services (Former Employee) –  Butler, PA 16001November 30, 2016
Initially had a great supervisor, but after she left, things went downhill. No rhyme or reason for those who were offered assignments, but there was definitely favoritism. Could never get a straight answer when asked. Begged for more work for several years. I did enjoy my clients, most of whom were elderly.
Pros
Not difficult work
Cons
lack of work
everybody worked as a team and was always friendly to be around
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dexter, MOSeptember 24, 2016
It was always nice to go into the office everbody was always friendly and had positive attitudes. Also if you ever had a problem with your schedule or anything they were always happy to work with you anyway they could.
medical records clerk
Medical Record Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJune 27, 2016
I worked for this company for 3 years. I worked well with my coworkers. prepared all the legal request and audits. processed all new and incoming orders
understaffed, no lunch or breaks, extensive driving. good team and loved the patient care. average benefits
Buffalo- Visiting Nurse, Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14210April 30, 2016
see above, this part is really a waste of times and I don't appreciate having to do this. , would not recommend this company to anyone, at risk daily due to extensive driving. plan on doing paperwork at home for free.