VNA

VNA Employer Reviews

Awesome job if you love patient interaction in pateint home setting.
Staff Nurse, RN (Current Employee), Bourbonnais, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: patient interaction through teaching and care, part time works better
Cons: few breaks, too much driving
Set schedule night before. and leave home 1 hour more or less dependent on where first client is located. May have 3- 4 visits daily for a part time schedule or 5 + visits for full time. I have done both but if you do more than 7 visits daily you may not be as fresh by 7th client. I learned how much I could handle in a day and that even if you are to do Point of Service charting it is normally not doable. I learned that in order to do this you need to allow 3 or 4 hours, depending on type of visit and distance between next visit, to complete. I wound up completing visits into early hours of AM at times. Management was adequate but even as part time RN I was asked to go out of my area frequently {even after RN for area hired.} Usually 50 miles from office in a 360 degree circle. My co workers are very helpful but they too are busy, so they help when they can. Hardest part of this job is saying goodbye to patients when goals are met or if transferred to hospice for end of life care. Stop start and in and out of vehicle all day in any weather hare on nurse and vehicle. I love patient care and seeing a wound or wounds that were festering finally heal and close. I have done this job for 17 years as of Feb. 2, 2015. I have been the nurse in the trenches as well as quality assurance person, clinical supervisor and I just feel its now time to move on.
good company to work for
Home health aide (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLDecember 21, 2014
I love working for the VNA, I have been their almost 4 years and I really enjoy the company I work for
Great career opportunity
Care Transition Nurse (Current Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 19, 2014
A great job to work! I love the people I work with and the atmosphere of the job.
best work place I had
Patient Accounts Receivable Facilitator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 1, 2014
Pros: nice holiday parties and bonus
This was my first job and I stayed for 10 years. I learned so much from this company. My maturity level grew in the work place. My co workers recognized my talents and opinions. Management gave me all the opportunities to move up and which I did. The hardest part of the job was leaving.
VNA
Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLNovember 21, 2014
Great company to work for. I loved working for this company as I was able to determine my own schedule as per what was available to me
a different thing every day
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MONovember 14, 2014
drive from client to clients in all kindsof weather and a different thing every day, i never had a same clients, i lived from week to week payday
Enjoyed helping people.
Homemaker Aid CNA (Former Employee), Sikeston, MOOctober 7, 2014
Pros: social skills
Cons: no cons.
I make sure my clients took their medicine. I clean their house and do shopping errands.
care aid
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Shippenville, PASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: working alone
Cons: traveling
I would travel from house to house to care for people with disabilities. I would bath, dress, cook, clean, entertain. I worked by myself one on one with which ever I was given.
I enjoyed my job at VNA/Celtic
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Farmington, MOSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: great coworkers, benefits, pay
Cons: reduced hours
I really loved my job with VNA/Celtic! I loved everyone I worked with and they were very helpful and understanding. Management had a difficult time when Celtic bought VNA and had to make changes none if them enjoyed. Many employees were let go and reduced with benefits removed. I have tried to remain with them and help when they need clients to be seen, but I need more hours to continue with my home and transportation. I love working with the clients and helping them remain at home or get the help they need to transition to other living arrangements.
Dream job!
LPN (Former Employee), Williamsville, NYSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: everything was positive
I would arrive @ work and get a list my daily patients. I would go and either check on a newly hospital discharge,wound care, teaching their illness and how to manage,setting up meds, giving injections. Management was amazing always available if need be. Co workers you saw in the AM and discussed cases, if there was an opportunity you met for lunch. The hardest part of the job was turning some of the patients that were dead weight. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people all the time.
fun ,caring staff
CNA/HHA (Current Employee), Pottstown, PAAugust 20, 2014
I enjoy working at VNA I'm just not able to achieve the amount of hours needed to survive .
RN Case Manager
RN CASE MANAGER (Former Employee), Louisville, Shepherdsville, Mt Washinton KYMay 6, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: being on call
Able to impact patients and families through education and caring.
able to do hands on one on one with patients and families
productive
Careplus Assistant (Former Employee), cleveland ohioMay 1, 2014
I loved the ability to help others. I learned how to record and take vitals.
Home Health is an individual preference
LPN-Assistant Clinical Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 23, 2014
Pros: develops autonomy
Cons: driving expense i.e. gas
Provides flexibility with family and job. Great learning environment. Allows for advancement and promotes autonomy. Allows for individual growth and self satisfaction.
Poor management skills
LPN (Former Employee), Valparaiso, INMarch 10, 2014
Pros: work alone
Cons: micromanage
No communication between management and staff. Conflicting information from different nurse managers. Once you are told what to do, another manager tells you, it was wrong and you are written up.
Fast-paced environment
Database Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: challenging and interesting.
Cons: work load was sometimes overwhelming for one person.
As the database manager, my position was sometimes overwhelming because of the work load. However, I enjoyed the chaos and the work was challenging and interesting. Great people to work with.
Nurse Home Visitor is responsible for providing comprehensive nursing services to families eligible for the NFP Program
visiting nurse association (Current Employee), Keller TXFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: the elders wisdom
Cons: n/a
Visiting nurses, also called homecare nurses, meet patients in their homes to provide nursing care including medication administration, treatment and other nursing interventions
self schedule and flexibility
Registered Home Care Nurse Medstar (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: follow ups is easier in home settings
Cons: lots of driving
Love interacting with pts in their home and teaching them ways to take care of themselves so as to stay home rather than in Hospital
FUN PLACE TO WORK
CNA/HHA (Current Employee), Vineyard Haven, MADecember 11, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: short break
GREAT MANAGEMENT,I LEARN TO SHARE IDEAS SO OUR TEAM CAN BE A GREAT TEAM PLAYER,HARDEST PART SHOWING UP AT A CLIENT HOUSE AND THE SAY I DID CALL AND CANCEL ,BUT THE OFFICE FORGET TO REMOVE THE VISIT FROM YOUR SCHEDULE,MOST ENJOYABLE KNOWING AT THE END OF MY SHIFT ALL MY CLIENT ARE ALL SATISFIED ,THAT MAKES ME FEEL GREAT
I really enjoyed working VNA
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), 2200 ProspectSeptember 8, 2013
Summer Set Point Nursing Home had a lot of wonderful residents. The resident made it a very enjoyable place to work.

1 2 3