Description: Sr. Accountant
Accountant Job Purpose: Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
Accountant Job Duties: Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
Direct Reports: Yes
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
Maintains financial security by following internal controls. Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting
policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Accounting, Corporate Finance, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Research Results, SFAS Rules, Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management.
- Must be tech-oriented and very computer literate
- Must understand the accounting cycle and enjoys attention to detail.
- High energy - driven to closure.
- Loves challenge and looks for ways to improve existing processes.
- Enjoys an entrepreneurial environment
- Able to perform financial modeling is a plus
The following skills will be of important consideration
- Experience in management of team: a plus
- Experience in handling a budget greater than $10 M
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as senior accountant
- Experience in international accounting
- No more than 4 positions between candidate and the CEO of previous employer
- Number of employees in previous company: at least 50
- Create financial “what if scenario” spreadsheets that allows department managers to quickly and easily analyze effect of new business
Indeed - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Vocalink is a multilingual managed services company serving the global business community since 1995. To date, we have helped scores of...