Vocational Guidance Services Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
Job Coach/Case Load Assistant/Placement Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 30, 2017
This is an excellent company to work for. Promotion is within and professionalism is top priority. Their vision is what this company really stands for.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
very professional and focus on getting the job done
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2017
there is a weekly meeting of the staff. Meeting is like a family meeting where workers share challenges and successes and receive encouragement. Overall , it is a great place to work
very fun.
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 5, 2017
come in take attendance. go over serv safe book from 8 to10am. at 10:15 get ready to go the the kitchen and instruct and give job assignment.show and help consumer work all inquipment in the kitchen. at the end of the day clean the ktchen from to to bottom and dimissed the students. Then i go in to the office and do reports on each consumer on how well the worked in the kitchen and was they able to complete the task thatg was giving. I alos did billing.
Non-profit organization
Job Coach / Mentor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 17, 2017
This company had a slow referral flow. They were an alright company to work with the exception of inconsistent hours and no health benefits. There was good teamwork and effective communication.
Productive training center
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  E 55thJuly 10, 2017
A typical day at work involved clocking in, setting up a paper check cart, filling out paperwork, restocking restrooms, break rooms and cleaning break rooms. I learned about different chemicals and what they were used for as well as the order of which the products should be used. The work place was filled with diversity and motivational individuals. However, the hardest thing about the job is lowering your competitive level because everyone is competitive. The most enjoyable part of my job is the reward of seeing my work before and after.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
Everyone is very competitive
Enjoyable
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 10, 2017
I help the consumer become prepared for work in the real world. I learn the basics of how different companies operate and deliver the information to my consumer. My supervisor is phenomenal, very helpful and understanding. The hardest part of my job is helping someone who is older than me become productive in society.
Pros
Intrinic rewards
Cons
I need more hours
provides a needed service
Employment Specialist Lead (Former Employee) –  La Marque, TXJune 29, 2017
Helping mentally and physically challenged people find jobs was a rewarding experience. I had the opportunity to interface with a lot of different potential employers and learn what they needed in an employee. The hardest part was helping people apply for a large number of jobs and no one being willing to take a chance on a potential employee with specific limitations. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a client get a job and be able to stay with that job for a good while.
Pros
rewarding experience
Cons
difficult to place certain clients
Good place to work!
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 18, 2017
Good place to learn and work with others. Training programs at Vocational Guidance Services are an excellent when it come to helping those who need training to get back to work.
Not organized
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  La Marque, TXJune 7, 2017
It was very outgoing and excitement when you find a special need client a job. I learn that we can help a type of people who want work find a job. As the coordinator I was in control of the over site of the employed work day. It was different everyday we I came to work. We I was not able to find a job for the client. Seeing the face of a client who just receive a job.
Pros
successful job opportunity
Cons
Not able to help all find a job
Productive and educational
Building Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 10, 2017
Very great educational and productive atmosphere... With respectful people and environment. They help you discover skills, talents, and goals you never thought about. The atmosphere is welcoming, as well as peaceful... The instructors and supervisors are there to help you get ahead.

Want to know more about Vocational Guidance Services?

Ask a question
Past experience
Receptionist/Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 15, 2017
Vocational Guidance Services has some good programs. Most staff are there temporary if you are disabled. This is not a permanent job for hire. Some are ok, but still need to be more open minded.
Pros
Dress for Success of Greater Cleveland/ Disabilities Training/Paid Training Programs
Cons
Programs, Temporary hired
love working with seniors and the homeless
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 10, 2017
I was always happy to help people. enjoy serving, cooking and creating events. The hardest part of the job was when they ended the program. the seniors and the homeless and the special needs had to find other way to get food.
It's ok
Job Coach Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 1, 2017
It's ok but they won't give you full time hours. They don't want you to work for anyone else just in case they need you to cover a shift when someone calls off.
Cool work day , What's its like having a job, people and responsibilty , working hard , getting things done
Nutrition Services Assistant Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 22, 2017
- Have good cool days at work completely

- i Know having a job is a lot , that's some thing iv'e learned .

- At work there's work to do, and responsibility you have, also making customers feel welcomed.

- The choices you make at work you have to be careful, wether there good or bad.

- Dealing with people is sometimes hard but, deal with it the right respectful way when you're at work cause, having a job is everything.

- Losing a job is something people don't ever want to happen .

- Responsibility is everything , coming to work on time, leaving on time. Also Clocking in and out.

- It's important to do you're task at work that is needed to be done completely.
Pros
No, Bring Own Lunches, Free Tea Or Coffee
Cons
Yes, Short breaks sometimes
very teachable experience
Food Service Trainee (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 3, 2017
It was a nice place to do my training at. The client they service gives you the opportunity to decide if you want to work with a diverse group of people.
Cons
trainees does not get free lunch
The manager is outgoing and very open in hiring phase.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 21, 2016
Helping the disabled find jobs is uplifting and rewarding. consumers are able to contribute to society; plus enabling them to have income. Refreshing.
Pros
interacting with consumers on a personal basis.
Cons
Having to say, 'no jobs are available at this time'
Excellent co-worker relations. Management was open to suggestions.
Vocational Rehab Coordinator Team Leader (Former Employee) –  1 Victoria Square Painesville, OhioDecember 9, 2016
Excellent co-worker relationships. Management was open to suggestions for all staff regardless of their position. Management was supportive of the staff.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Healthcare
fun work place
Assistant Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 30, 2016
Typical day at VGS was a exciting experience lot's of people every were you go good people fun job dealing with people. Love every bit of it.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Productive and friendly work environment
Job Skills Trainer (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHSeptember 5, 2016
Vocational Guidance Services is a great place to work people there are friendly. Wonderful Supervisor, Staff is also very friendly and willing to help when needed. Could be more team work but overall a great place.
Pros
Two 15 minute breaks and your 30 minute lunch.
Cons
No cons really
its on the bus line and easy to find.
Grocery clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 14, 2016
Its was a long hard days it work . I learned how t to use a screwing machine the management was ok .the co-worker was mad and sum was nice to me but I really hated going to work everyday because of my co-worker but I love the job The hardest about job the was nothing
Pros
the lunch was short

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vocational Guidance Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Vocational Guidance Services Reviews by Location