Vodafone Employee Reviews in United States

Best minds, great work culture, balanced life
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  NewburyMarch 26, 2016
Vodafone had everything an employee can think of. It has the best minds in the industry, you learn a lot just by talking to people. The work culture is great, everybody enjoys work-life balance. It provides many facilities including gym and prayer rooms.
A fun experience enriched with the knowledge of a new industry
Director - Business Analysis & Project Control (Former Employee) –  LisbonJanuary 5, 2016
A fun experience from starting up the company under an international team, to running a fully matured network under Vodafone Global guidelines.

I had the opportunity to attend various technical and management courses both at vendors (Ericsson and Lucent) as well as attending courses at prestigious Universities, like Harvard Boston, Ashridge University (UK) and Lisbon Management University.

The Management team was led by a excellent CEO and a group of knowledgeable VPs who made the company a great success story in the late '90s, before being acquired by Vodafone.

The main challenges were in guaranteeing the best service to our customers in a highly competitive environment, particularly with the rise of prepaid tariffs. The many tasks performed over the 14 years in the company were all very satisfying and of great success being of the most successful, the introduction of a radiation monitoring solution, still in use today by the 3 national operators.
Pros
World class experience
Cons
Diverse cultures
Vodafone
Business Change Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2016
Vodafone has a very strong work-life balance and fosters relationships among employees. The environment in the office is very open, and there are no offices or assigned seats.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of standardization
Flexible and multicultural fun company to work for.
Buyer (Current Employee) –  AmsterdamJuly 1, 2016
Vodafone is a huge and prominent global corporate. The experience I am gaining working here enables me to see how the company works on an international basis. The Vodafone Way of Working encourages a work-life balance. I am encouraged to complete my work to a really high standard, but at the same time I can take an hour out to use the gym, or the other on site facilities. I can fit the work around my lifestyle. The networking opportunities are great. Members of the company from graduate to senior leadership team level are keen to spend the time to network and support you in the business. This is really beneficial for my career development.Not based in central London. Business changes can mean that you are not doing the exact job on the graduate job description. However this also means that you are exposed to other areas of the business - beneficial for rounded experience.
Good and Bad - mostly good...
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2016
Too many layers of management and very hierarchical. My peers were great people to work with and we were a successful team. The only problem is that our team supported mostly UK-based organizations and our leadership was UK-based. This made us, US-based employees, far removed from decisions made across the pond - we almost had no input.
Pros
Fairly decent pay
Cons
Almost uncaring senior managers
Excellent
Internet call center Representative (Former Employee) –  Egypt, ARFebruary 28, 2016
the best place you can work in , you will feel like you work with your family and in your home , management very kind , you will enjoy in the work
Excellent place to work
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  MadridAugust 27, 2015
Great valued professionals among you challenge you to become better everyday.
Plenty of commercial strategies that I thought it was naturally raced, but it can be teach and humility.
Great management team.
Excellent team in an individual duty help all the group to grow.
The hardest part is to achieve the objectives.
Achieve the objectives.
Pros
Well paid, structured company, great social benefits
Cons
Spain
The most enjoyable part of the job
Senior Executive (Current Employee) –  Vodafone shared service IndiaJuly 28, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is timeliness,deadlines & accuracy. Timeliness- where we have to load journal for accruals into the SAP by WD3. Deadlines- We have to calculate commission & send details by given date. Accuracy- The payment should get calculated accurate on the first instance.
productive and fun workplace to be a part of
International Senior operations Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newbury, UKMarch 31, 2015
During the course of my work experiences, I have sharpened and polish my talents as well as a wide set of skills needed for increasing my Pro-activity. Interdependency and my efficiency levels to be a part of a highly effective work multinational and multi culture environment. And I have gained a deep comprehensive knowledge of different Managerial aspects and styles as well.

Furthermore, I have achieved many personal skills; I realized
the importance of stress management, and to work effectively under pressure, regular changes and challenges in a quite professional skilled manner. I have acquired also the importance of the mulit-culturism and It’s Impact on the communications, as well as I have comprehended the role of creativity and innovation and their positive reflection on ay workplace.
Pros
Stability, hungry innovative environment, Health care, benefits
Cons
Global and economical impacts on the business, as well as some technological difficulties in the process control methodologies
Productive workplace, open for new challanges
Country Sales Manager Hungary (Former Employee) –  BudapestJune 29, 2016
Really good team, huge workload and high requirements but at least in line with the salaries. Always ready for a change if need. Weak in administration, but well managed by creativity and innovation
exellent place to work in
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Kingdom, NYMarch 23, 2016
Vodafone is an exellent company and work place.
it allowed me to get in touch with foreigners and help solve their problems

All the employees are intelligent, fun to work with, and passionate about their work. I think this is the most significant factor that makes vodafone a great place to work
Pros
exellent work place and interesting customers
Cons
short brakes and low sallery
productive fun work place also fun room so we can refresh
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Egypt, ARMarch 24, 2016
very good place to work at , appreciating efforts as I was promoted due to my achievements , learned most of my skills as it was a big company , best co workers and managers , dealing with different customers and making them all satisfied with the service
Pros
free lunches
Cons
nothing
fun work place
Sales reps (Current Employee) –  Egypt, ARAugust 5, 2016
Excellent people
learned to be patient
solving all customer inquires
the hardest part is handling customer escalation
my coworkers is excellent
management very good
I've learned alot
Product Owner, SME, and Business Architect (Former Employee) –  Product Owner, SMEApril 26, 2016
It's an amazing Environment.
People are so great and we all help each other.
I was a member of a team of 22 people.
I usually don't have hard time as i am very dedicated at work and i am very positive and i love helping people.
Very Nice Environment
Mobile Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Cairo, GAJune 23, 2016
I Enjoyed working with them, gain a lot of experience.

They help me to delivery 4 products to the market.

I really enjoy there help.
Exciting Company, with flexible work hours
Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2016
VGE is company with Good hearted people. I enjoyed my time there. They have a unique culture that guides much of what they do.
Pros
Unique cultural experience
Cons
training does not exist.
Demanding
Engineer (Current Employee) –  LisbonMay 29, 2016
Many interesting and demanding projects to work on. A typical day of work you get to contact with different areas of the company, and take upon different projects with different areas
Outstanding teamwork
Global Data Staging Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sandy Hook, CTApril 12, 2016
Vodaonfe has outstanding teamwork and is always looking for new ways to do objectives inside and outside of regular work assignments.
Engaging and fun place to work
HR Resourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  EgyptFebruary 25, 2016
Very diverse, great way of learning how to deal with different departments all at the same time.

Fun activities, very big on diversity and inclusion.

Team work is essential.
games
Workforce Analyst (Former Employee) –  CairoAugust 6, 2015
• Staffing and scheduling of daily work activities.
• Ensuring that the entries are accurate and consistent and use of IEX Segmentation and maintaining consistent and accurate shrinkage reports.
• Creation and delivery of long term (monthly) and Short-term (weekly, daily, intra-day) skills-based planning including AHT, shrinkage and headcount requirements.
• Continuous monitor and maintaining the queue service level, available Hours.
• Coordinate between our client's "VF.QA, VF.UK, VAS, VF.IRE” call centers and VF.EG operation Managements.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vodafone. Our community is ready to answer.