VoiceCurve Employee Reviews

A great place to work.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJuly 24, 2015
A very good company that strives to fit into the world of tomorrow while bringing automation and convenience into the daily lives of its workers and customers.
Pros
Great Breakroom, good community and events.
Cons
Struggling to manage growth.
Low pay. High Standards. A step up from a telemarketing job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland OregonJune 26, 2015
Before my interview, I researched the company website and read about their company culture. From the picture that was painted I was very impressed. Supposedly they are environmentally conscious and offer remote positions as a way to help with global warming and pollution. In reality, this seems like an afterthought. The truth is this company hires remote employees to save money. It helps their bottom line.

Now, let me tell you what you're doing all day. You're answering back to back calls from one of their thousands of clients. In some cases you are to pretend to be a representative of the client's company and try to answer questions using a script. You're answering product questions and scheduling appointments for a company you've never heard of. This is almost impossible to do while meeting their stringent QA standards. When you are unable to answer the callers questions they understandably get annoyed. Some hang up. A few are abusive. If I understood the nature of these calls I wouldn't have taken this job.

The pay rate of $10 an hour is laughable for what they expect. When I got my first full pay check, it was so small that I was shocked.

Also be aware that even though you pick your own schedule, you can only choose from a pre-determined list of workable hours. The more seasoned representatives with top QA scores get to choose first. If you are at the bottom of the QA scores, you will have slim pickings.
Pros
Working from home and picking your shifts are the only benefits.
Cons
Poor wages, Poor Business Model, Unreasonable QA requirements
Remote position
Remote Business Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORAugust 6, 2014
Working from home takes self discipline. Of which I have. In this position, you were able to make your own schedule. If something came up and you needed to change your schedule, you post your date on a employee forum where others can offer to take that shift for you or switch with you. However, if no one takes that shift for you, you then would be forced to call in for it and take an occurrence.
Management was sometimes difficult to reach or hard to talk to when support was needed. IT was horrible when software would crash. Because it's a remote position, you do not typically meet or know your co-workers. The queue was set up so that if it was busy, sometimes you would receive calls so fast, you wouldn't have a moment to catch your breath from the last call (which to me is essential in giving great customer service, because you don't want your last call rolling into the next).
The best part of the job is that you do have the ability to work from home in your pajamas if you desire and you can create your own schedule by bidding on shifts and days.
Pros
Remote position
Cons
Management difficult to contact or talk with, poor IT
Eh, its better than telemarketing.
Business Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORNovember 7, 2013
It is nice to be able to work at home, although you may end up having to get up at 3 in the morning to meet their number-of-hours quotas. Management relies on constant threat of firing people to motivate. About a third of the clients are good businesses, another third are neutral, but a third are definitely running scams and defrauding people. Another idealistic ship wrecked on the shoals of greedy capitalism.
Pros
work from home
Cons
negligent management, shady clients
Awful Work Environment
Business Support Associate (Current Employee) –  OregonJuly 19, 2013
At first this seems like a great place to work, but in the end it is terrible. Pay is awful for we are doing and there is room to move around in the company but you never get a raise. You will never feel appreciated either. Management is wishy washy and is always changing the rules of what to do.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Short breaks and terrible pay.
New Hire
Business Support Associate (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 7, 2013
This job is GREAT, especially if you have some call center experience. Being able to work from home and plan your schedule around your life. I had a good week in training last week (April 29th 2013). And although I have only on the phones a couple of days everyone has been helpful, and am enjoying it.
Head down, head phones on and start your engine! This is the call mill.
BSA - Business Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, OregonFebruary 15, 2013
When considering this job, make sure to ask questions! Opportunities for advancement, yes, but with out a merit raise. Longevity of the job, good luck getting past the one year mark! And yes, there is the attraction of a at home job, with flexible hours and very basic benefits that might be appealing and be the job for you. However consider this: our main IT support team is in India. The computer equipment will be the one you own. The software you are running is from VoiceCurve and again support by IT in India. If you can multi-task, your skills and stress level will be put to the test. If you're not doing what you where hired to do, that is answering the non-stop customer service calls from people that are extremely angry that the company you're answering the calls for are ripping them off, then it's the caller who saw the info commercial on TV that has endless medical conditions because of the medication they once took and now have side effects and need medical attention possibly for the rest of their life. If your not getting screamed at, yelled at, belittled, or hung up on, then you'll be training as a IT expert, trying to solve the dropped calls, your internet connection problem, or the lost server connection to their software problem that happens on a daily bases. Oh, and on top of all this, you'll be rated graded and paraded all at the same time. If you forget to comment and document all your IT issues that happen on a daily bases. And, if any of your internet, software, IT problems cause a call to be dropped or unanswered correctly, you could be fired with no warning!  more... Does this sound like a place you want to spend your time using your talents and skills? I've been here going on 2 years and I am the last of my training class. I see people come and people go. I try not to get close to people here, because one minute you're and the the next time I look for you, I see someone else in your position. The last thing to consider, which should always be at the top of your list, "what is the Integrity of the business?"  less
Pros
flexible scheduling, work from home opportunity
Cons
the integrity of the business, upper level managers, high turnover
Lack of Benefits
Remote Business Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJanuary 10, 2013
You do not get any paid holiday or vacation until 3 years with the company. I find the work frustrating but it is nice to work from home.