Voith Hydro Employee Reviews in United States

interesting work
Winder/Laborer (Current Employee) –  TravelJanuary 14, 2016
Very accurate work performed daily. Attention to detail is a very critical aspect to this kind of work. Every generator has differences so each one you learn something new. Enjoy traveling to complete generators in a time fashion.
Willing to work with school scheduling
Assistant Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 4, 2016
Hours and work are limited for the position. No possibility of advancement/raise within the position. Fairly agreeable work atmosphere. Department well suited.
Pros
Flexibility with availability
Cons
Not enough work.
Fun Place to Work
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  YorkJanuary 4, 2016
Great location, great culture. Organized business structure. Safe, very safe for a machine shop. Flexible scheduling is nice, especially for me since my commute was an hour.
things and stuff
Boilermaker Apprentice (Former Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 27, 2015
company was good. pay was good. started getting crazy and writing people up for stupid reasons. ultimately didn't seem to care about their workforce
Though it was contractual position you have the opportunity to travel and stay with the company if you wish.
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Hannibal, OHFebruary 22, 2015
I have had the most awesome site manager. He is a very good leader who has taught us everything he knows. He maintains a very high standard and has encouraged the same pride in workmanship that he has. It has been a very small plant in Hannibal so friendships have formed and maintained, co workers all working together to get the job done in the most efficient economical way while maintaining the high standards we have .
I have traveled with the company as a Haz Mat Shipper and have enjoyed it thoroughly .
Pros
terrific boss, grilling on thursdays, formed good friendships
Cons
no vacation time/holiday pay or retirement
Great place to learn and grow in your career field
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 3, 2014
I have extremely enjoyed working for this company as an Human Resources Intern. The opportunity I was given with this company has allowed me to grow my knowledge of the Human Resources field. I have learned to use HR systems, such as ADP, D.Vinci and Ebridge.

My typical day starts with a meeting on the whole HR team to discuss important, goals, deadlines and issues with employees and projects. My co-workers have been very helpful teaching me new information about Human Resources.

The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new and upcoming changes to the HR field, as well as working with great colleagues.
Pros
ability for growth, supportive co-workers and management
Cons
temporary position
lay back job site
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ORJanuary 19, 2013
the good people i work with make my job easy.the site manager is
a real smart guy i am learning a lot from him.
Pros
lots of bbqs