Voith Employee Reviews

Construction Helper
Construction Helper (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, OHSeptember 22, 2017
Great company to work for, easy to get along with... Overtime available along with Saturday and Sunday hours... Willing to train, always available to answer any questions you may have...
Managment never around when needed.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ALSeptember 8, 2017
The work place is very fast paced and when something happens you need a decision maker fast. Most of the time you could not get them on the radio so you had to make the decision yourself and just hope it was the right one.
Pros
Job security, other employees are helpful
Cons
Long Hours, no advance warning on overtime, work Saturdays most of the time, Managment no around enough to know what is going on.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 7, 2017
bad company poor management. on hours on a salary. no upward movement at all manager did not know his people. and no one communicated what was going on
Pros
Cons
poor management
my review at voith
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Florence, MSSeptember 7, 2017
My typical day at Voith can be really stressful.When ever I walk into the building you do not know what kind of environment to expect. Some time my boss can have a really bad attitude and will talk to you crazy in a minute.She put does not know how to talk or treat her employees.I come to work every day and work really hard and still my boss does not appreciate it . I have been there for 17 years now and I am really for a career change for myself and my family.
Pros
make decent money
Cons
the managers do not know how to talk or treat there employees
Voith has been a very pleasant employer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 7, 2017
Working for Voith for 40 years has been a journey that was rewarding and educational. I was able to learn a tremendous amount of information about our product.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Plant manager and engineers a joke
Tool Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Austell, GA/West Monroe La (No difference)August 5, 2017
Completely thoughtless upper management and engineers a joke only worried about making themselves look good, 5S and OPEX is only implemented when corporate is visiting and also hiring new people to replace aging work force is over there heads but this is what happens when educated idiots are in charge (No common sense anymore)
Pros
Shop employees
Cons
Plant management
Great company bad management
Annonymus (Current Employee) –  York, PAAugust 4, 2017
Personally enjoyed my job but was under paid. Great peiple to work with. Sometimes Sometimes management doesn't communicate. The left doesn't know what the righr is doing.
Pros
Great people and good benefits
Cons
Promotions without compensation
Very nice company to work for
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 1, 2017
Management was friendly and approachable. Culture was great. I enjoyed working for a third party to a Fortune 500 Automotive company. The job assignment ended.
Dispatching at its best
Maintenance Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 28, 2017
Being a dispatcher was rewarding at times, but most of the time it was pretty boring.
No room for advancement and pay increases where very small.
Management was not that great.
Pros
No clocking out for lunch
Cons
MIssed a lot of family events
Inspiring Company for 11 years
Lead Service Line Manager - Main Building (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 18, 2017
I was and am a big fan of Voith. Things starting changing toward the end when we started hiring one of our biggest competitors employers and putting them in roles that would simply just re-create the competitors goals and ambitions. I had some wonderful experiences with company until the end when our regional manager turned almost overnight to something that wasn't ever explained. I knew I had to go before I was replaced by the competitors employee. That's ultimately what happened.
Pros
Great people, good money, good benefits, and I had fun
Cons
Goals never fully explained, Upper mgt never fully understand the UAW relationship & their motives.
not a good job
COMPUTER TECH/ MACHINE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Waycross, GAJuly 12, 2017
if you have a life this is not the place to work worked several months straight , then layoff the next and they re very disrepectful to there employees
Good
Porter (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIJuly 11, 2017
They kept us working pay was real good I enjoyed working for them had a good team to work with good friends just didn't last long enough . Could have payed every week.
Pros
Driving all day
Cons
Short term
Working and having fun with robots
Robotic Maintenance Technician Level III (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCJuly 6, 2017
I've learned a lot about Robots and Electrical Components and have gained a lot of patience with working with robots and people. Working with Siemens PLC's has been a challenge but very rewarding when you learn it.
Pros
Working with Robots and PLC
Cons
Empresa dinamica e boa de se trabalhar
Auxiliar Administrativo Aprendiz (Former Employee) –  Complexo fordJune 29, 2017
Empresa de bom relacionamento interpessoal, e onde proporciona crescimento ao colaborador.
Pros
Refeicao na empresa
I don't have a review.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 28, 2017
I came to work everyday, performed my job very well and went home when it was time to leave. I worked overtime whenever overtime was required of the employees.
Micro management or no management at all
Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LA/Austell, GaJune 14, 2017
Steadily going down for the last 5 years the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, moral and pride is gone because of corporate implementations
Good experience
Weave Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJune 12, 2017
Company provided a solid foundation for learning the manufacturing process, learned quite a bit about the paper industry. Typical day included preparing and inspecting your machine that was assigned for the shift. Maintain quality while keeping up with production standards.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Short lunch but paid
Wonderful company to work for
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 25, 2017
I worked for Voith for 7 years love this company, well organized. The company cares about their customers and employees. We miss them at the R&E Center.
Pros
Employess are acknowledged and recognized for the hard work, and recieve awards and financial bonuses
Cons
Not good for family oriented people
Seam Technician Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 20, 2017
Worked very long days with little time to family. Also, would have to work mandatory, spontaneous overtime. Management was not willing to work with some employees. Management would implement insane rules. No matter how hard you work, everyone in the same cateogory, made the same wage.
Pros
Benefits, 401k
Cons
Long hours, overtime
Very boring job
Seamstress (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAMay 19, 2017
I worked there 3 weeks very boring job management has poor communication skills and they'll lay you a off wth no notice!!! I wouldn't work for this company again
Pros
Good pay