Voith Employee Reviews

Started as a small company, almost like family. Bought twice and ended up in voith which is a billion dollar privately owned company. Had a 8 year fre
SouthwestSales/Serive Tech Southwest Territory 2 (Former Employee) –  ShreveportApril 25, 2016
Company got to big. raise freeze for over the last 8 years I was there.Thought it was time to try something else.Spent 24 goods years but they were good.
Typical work week out of town 3 nights selling and servicing a 4 state area.Working in an industrial site and some entertainment.I learned how to work with various personalities. Had management resposibilities for 2 years and enjoyed it. Hardest part was the traveling. Most enjoyable part was building relationships and friendships wIth the customers I aquired.
Good money for what we do
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 14, 2016
Four day work week. Can work more if you like. Great work for people with family. Great balance of work and family time. Lots of walking around. Ok Management
Pros
Great work life free insurance
Its easy
Booth Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 27, 2016
As long as you keep yourself focused on the job and listen to what they tell you to do, you are fine. It is a walk in the park. Co workers are good to have and keep as close contacts. In a small town like Texas, it is good to know people and better to have the knowledge about where to go, what to do, and not to do.
Pros
Health Benefits and good wages
Good People To Work With
BMW contractor (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCJuly 18, 2016
I am a maintenance that works on robots and resets faults on the production robots. Management is great and co-worker are great. The hardest part of job is remembering the faults are different on each robots. I enjoy seeing the robot run at the same time.
Pros
Good Place To Work
Cons
Training
Good workers,management suffered from communication issues
MRO Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ALFebruary 29, 2016
Voith is a good company, with good people. Like most, it has it's pros and cons. The best thing about the company is, for lack of better terms,the family dynamic. Everyone relies on each other so heavily that it forces the teams to pull together. People who start off not getting along, will usually end up finding common ground.

The downside is miscommunication from the management level. This may change as the company is being bought out, but there were three supervisors in charge of our group. Good people,but not very good at communicating with each other on the big issues...and certainly not on passing relative information down to the associates on the floor.

This created a situation where a new schedule was implemented, with the goal of cutting down overtime. Due to miscommunication of how to set it up, some of us ended up working 6-7 days a week for 4 months...some even longer.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Bad Communication
Basic day at Voith
Manufacturing/ Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHSeptember 11, 2014
A basic day working for Voith which in my case is in Ford Motor Company of Lima, Ohio. As a team we all have our own duties to tend to such as cleaning the men/woman's restrooms, break rooms, and on certain days we power wash the big washers in which clean the engines. its a pretty dirty job, some management can be a lot better. Being a part time employee and a single mom it's hard for me to make ends meet some days just being called at a last minute notice.
Pros
Take our breaks when needed. Always have safety meetings in the mornings.
Cons
Lack of communication some days, and or not enough help with numerous jobs to be done.
Productive and job security
Industrial cleaner (Current Employee) –  Pell City, ALSeptember 25, 2013
I work for a sub-contractor for Honda Manufacturing of Alabama. I love my job and my co-workers. I work third shift and would like to get a first shift job because my grades aren't as great as they should be due to the shift. Voith is a very great company to work for and the management couldnt be any better. Safety is very important to them. My job is high pressure water blasting. it is very dangerous but its getting me through school just really need a first shift job.
Pros
works with school schedule
Cons
third shift
Voith
Facilities Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 29, 2016
Excellent group of people and opportunities. Many locations around the world if you choose to go abroad. very helpful with tuition reimbursement.
Pros
People
Cons
Poor environment. This is definitely not the job for someone who has a family.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ALJuly 17, 2014
The work was fine and I loved the customers. But most of the co-workers all have poor attitudes and the management could care less about you or your personal needs. The hardest part of my job was dealing with co-workers attitudes. They just all seemed miserable to be there. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers, filling orders, and the fast pace.
Pros
Top out quickly
Cons
Fast Pace
Lead Welder
Lead Welder (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAJuly 31, 2015
Designs, fabricates, joins and/or repairs space age metals, scientific and research components using oxygen-acetylene, electric arc, MIG and TIG welding techniques.

Welds in controlled atmospheres, plasma welds and cuts.

Welds high vacuum and high pressure systems.

Heat treats and thermosprays equipment, fixtures and various types of metal objects and structures.

Operates drill presses, power saws, grinders, positioners and a variety of welding equipment and hand tools. May also perform minor operations on metal lathes and milling machines.

Analyzes plans, drawings, work samples, specifications and work orders to determine work requirements, sequence of welding assignments, and personnel needs. Works closely with researchers in the design and adaptation of research components.

Estimates material and labor needs on jobs.

Manages welding supply and material needs.

Coordinates activities of employees in the welding area.

Performs basic non-destructive inspection techniques.
A strong, process oriented management style.
REGIONAL CONTROLLER (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCApril 11, 2012
Voith was a great employer while I was employed with them.

They closed the Salisbury location when I worked there, and gave me a fair separation stay bonus to assist in the closing process.
Pros
good management team, and process oriented.
productive work place
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 12, 2015
I go to work and clean offices and bathrooms. Its a typical job. We are to call in all work orders to Ford's Maintenance. Its not the best job I've had.
Pros
union, goodpay, benefits
Cons
working 2snd shift
Not a bad company, just a bad experience
3rd Shift Paint Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOApril 2, 2014
While I still enjoy the people I work with(We transitioned to another contractor), I felt that there were a few bad eggs on the local level that need to go in order for that company to continue to succeed
Pros
Upper Management Support
Cons
1 Individual
Productive work place and produced quality work
Machinist (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJanuary 30, 2014
Performed all types of machine work. A good place to get valuable machinist and millwright experience.
Rebuilding large rubber rolls presented a challenge that required great attention to tolerances.
Pros
Good benefits and a great place to learn
Paying the bills
Industrial Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 14, 2012
The job can offer variety and is somewhat stable which is good but there is no possibility for career growth. The people I work with are great, they are what make this job enjoyable.
Voith Blue Ash office
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 16, 2015
This office has a great location on Kenwood Rd in the heart of Blue Ash. You can walk to many places for lunch. Just a few minutes north of Kenwoord Towne Ctr. The offc is busy but relaxed and every few weeks there are activities planned such as pot luck lunch, Lunch & Learns such as Fire extinguisher training. They appreciate their employees and it shows.
productive with a ping pong table
Janitorial engineer (Current Employee) –  lousiville, kyJune 25, 2014
long hours, they don't really teach u things not a very good work environment
Pros
decent money
Cons
hours are really not for me
Very nice workplace and supervisors
Clerical/Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 30, 2014
days were always busy since it is located inside General Motors car plant, always something different on a daily basic
Pros
Benefits were good
Friendly environment
Operations and Finance Intern - Paper Division (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCJuly 14, 2013
• Improved performance reporting template for operations manager
• Established a standard cost system using Activity Based Costing method for all membrane products
• Analyzed and determined the actual process utilization percentage for all products within the plant to optimize production capacity
Fun place to work but all about who you know
Car Hauler (Current Employee) –  MIJuly 30, 2014
Worked there for almost four years and never had the opportunity to take a physical for the job. A lot of empty promises
Pros
long breaks
Cons
no insurance for temps

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Voith. Our community is ready to answer.