Volcano Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Volcano Corporation
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 17, 2015
Great place to work for, always fully staffed in every department, great health and dental benefits, a lot of days off for the holidays. They reward employees with bonus, gift cards around 50-100.00 for Walmart or Safeway, great Holiday parties, great cookouts at the park, work lunch on parties for an hour, and catering for employees as well.
Pros
Great pay, great bonus, great parties, great work ethics.
Cons
Not diverse in culture and different ethnic groups employed at this company.
greatest service
service (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 24, 2016
everyday we invite others to hear the messages we have for them. I've learn to love services/helping others. my companion is great learned a lot from him and all my other companions. the hardest part of the service is not able to share the wonderful messages to anyone. the most enjoyable part of the service is seeing the people that accepted the messages we shared and changed their lives.
fun place to work
Lead manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 30, 2015
Working at Volcano i learned a lot about how the management make their decisions. learned a lot about how to be a lead and take care of co- workers..management was always available to answer any question and to help with any problem . classes were available for all to take and advance. liked working at volcano.
fun workplace
Assembler and QC inspector (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 9, 2015
i loved all my jobs in past . Every place i worked had wonderful, loving people.
i learnde lot of things from my colleagues.
fun
Medical Assembler (Former Employee) –  rancho cordovaJune 24, 2015
I was at this company for almost 4 years. I was laid off due to the company moving to Costa Rica. I typical day starts at 5am, shift is over around 1:30pm. I made heart catheters for the company using a microscope most of the time. It was a rewarding job because it was used to help patients life. It was up to you to make the product correctly with no flaws.
this company was bought by someone who cares only about money and decided to outsource once the compnay grew
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 18, 2015
I worked hard here for 5 whole years hoping to grow but only to lose interest right the company gave the employees an English test which resulted in losing more than half of the employees who has been there for over a decade. Politics in the company also was an issue among the older employees whish also had grew into many display of arguments in the hallways during breaks. Work wasn't difficult but does take a lot of concentration and dedication. Over all I do think this job was worth the moral of it.
Pros
free coffee and clean enviroment
Cons
politics and affairs at the job site
Diverse company with exciting technology
Quality System Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 18, 2015
Diverse atmosphere with different challenges but planned strategies to assess processes and improve them. Great team of professionals seeking to deliver top notch products.

Excellent opportunity to learned audit process for internal and external functions.

However most difficult challenge was trying to measure whether the role would continue or not.
Pros
Great cross functional teams with strong compliance focus
Cons
In transition, relocation and roles are being re-defined
bad
Associate 3 (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 9, 2015
this just isn't good.there isn't a future. no room for advancements. work load varies from day to day. i wouldn't recommend this job to others.
outsourced work
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 20, 2015
Company is fine but it outsourced all the work to another country. The job was the same everyday. My co-workers are great. The environment was clean. Management couldn't do anything with what was decided by higher management and just followed directions.
Career Advancement
assembler (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 7, 2015
No Career Advancement at this company. Been working for 6 years in the same position without a promotion. Co-workers are great people.
Great Company to work with
Accounts Payable Lead (Former Employee) –  Del Mar, CANovember 2, 2014
Company was a work life balance company.

CEO always took care of the employees and acknowledged all the hard work by each employee.
Once a awesome place to work... now in rapid death throws
Document Control Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CaMarch 25, 2014
One of my favorite parts of the job was watching an idea become more. I was part of the change process from creations to the implementation.

I used and Orcle based PLM called Agile. For our inventory was MFG Pro and now AX.

The hardest part is to continue to work while the company is closing down around me. They are phasing work from Rancho to Costa Rica and laying off hundreds of employees.
Pros
cross teams, training
Cons
outsourcing, management no longer cares, hostile work enviorment
Okay place
Operator Technician (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 27, 2015
This company is an okay place. Not for students because they only have two shifts that is really early and late at night. I enjoy working there but due to school, it don't fit my schedule.
Pros
breaks and lunch breaks
Work/Life out of balance
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 6, 2015
Very unhappy work environment, not what I expected. This job paid well but was not worth the money to have a work/life out of balance. I did not like getting up and going to work here.
Pros
paid well
Cons
very unhealthy work environment and expectations
hard working and result oriented
Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2014
Learnt a lot here as well. A lot around medical testing was mostly benefecial. Management was result-oriented too which was good. Productive team and I always will miss it since I have spent a lot of time there.
Pros
lot to learn
Cons
lot to do in a short timeframe
Innovative Company
Quality Assurance Final Inspector (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 1, 2014
Very innovative company. Very interesting products that helps people medically. Good group and wonderful people to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was the testing of product and releasing it for consumption. I would like to recommend the company to friends.
Pros
innovative products.
Cons
product relocation overseas
productive and steady
Line Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CaNovember 19, 2014
Pick up from the previous shift, record lot data and operate catheter, cross train with coworkers.
I learn how to operate many medical machines.
Pros
healthcare, full time
Cons
no interactions, work independently but together as a line
Great culture
Contract Recruiter (part-time) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Great people that work in team environments and truly want to make a difference
Always changing
Document Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 17, 2014
It was worth staying, working with great people.
It was hard to watch it being dismantled in painful waves as the company slowly transfers the manufacturing facility from Rancho Cordova CA to Costa Rica.
Pros
free starbucks coffee machine
Cons
peoples jobs being eliminated as manufacturing is slowing be transfered to costa rica
Pride and Quality
Electronics Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 6, 2014
Volcano Corporation is revolutionizing the medical device industry with a broad suite of technologies that make imaging and therapy simpler, more informative and less invasive. Our products empower physicians around the world with a new generation of analytical tools that deliver more meaningful information—using light and sound as the guiding elements. Founded in cardiovascular care and expanding into other specialties, Volcano is changing the assumption about what is possible in improving patient outcomes by combining imaging and therapy together.

The Company's intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) product line includes ultrasound consoles that can be integrated directly into virtually any modern cath lab and single use disposable imaging catheters unique to our system. Our IVUS offerings are used by clinicians to measure the stage and severity of disease present in cardiac and peripheral vessels. IVUS is also used in post-stent placement procedures to confirm adequate expansion of the stent and full apposition to the vessel wall. Volcano IVUS offers unique features, including both phased array and rotational IVUS imaging catheters and advanced functionality options, such as VH® IVUS tissue characterization, ChromaFlo® and FFR (fractional flow reserve) technology.

2.9