Volcano Corporation

Volcano Corporation Employer Reviews

this company was bought by someone who cares only about money and decided to outsource once the compnay grew
Assembler (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free coffee and clean enviroment
Cons: politics and affairs at the job site
I worked hard here for 5 whole years hoping to grow but only to lose interest right the company gave the employees an English test which resulted in losing more than half of the employees who has been there for over a decade. Politics in the company also was an issue among the older employees whish also had grew into many display of arguments in the hallways during breaks. Work wasn't difficult but does take a lot of concentration and dedication. Over all I do think this job was worth the moral of it.
Great culture
Contract Recruiter (part-time) (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Great people that work in team environments and truly want to make a difference
Innovative Company
Quality Assurance Final Inspector (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CADecember 1, 2014
Pros: innovative products.
Cons: product relocation overseas
Very innovative company. Very interesting products that helps people medically. Good group and wonderful people to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was the testing of product and releasing it for consumption. I would like to recommend the company to friends.
productive and steady
Line Production Assembler (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: healthcare, full time
Cons: no interactions, work independently but together as a line
Pick up from the previous shift, record lot data and operate catheter, cross train with coworkers.
I learn how to operate many medical machines.
Great Company to work with
Accounts Payable Lead (Former Employee), Del Mar, CANovember 2, 2014
Company was a work life balance company.

CEO always took care of the employees and acknowledged all the hard work by each employee.
hard working and result oriented
Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: lot to learn
Cons: lot to do in a short timeframe
Learnt a lot here as well. A lot around medical testing was mostly benefecial. Management was result-oriented too which was good. Productive team and I always will miss it since I have spent a lot of time there.
Good company and interesting technology
Senior Technical Writer/Project Manager (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 23, 2014
Volcano Corporation is a medical device company that provides imaging and pressure systems in human vasculature.
Pride and Quality
Electronics Test Technician (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAMay 6, 2014
Volcano Corporation is revolutionizing the medical device industry with a broad suite of technologies that make imaging and therapy simpler, more informative and less invasive. Our products empower physicians around the world with a new generation of analytical tools that deliver more meaningful information—using light and sound as the guiding elements. Founded in cardiovascular care and expanding into other specialties, Volcano is changing the assumption about what is possible in improving patient outcomes by combining imaging and therapy together.

The Company's intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) product line includes ultrasound consoles that can be integrated directly into virtually any modern cath lab and single use disposable imaging catheters unique to our system. Our IVUS offerings are used by clinicians to measure the stage and severity of disease present in cardiac and peripheral vessels. IVUS is also used in post-stent placement procedures to confirm adequate expansion of the stent and full apposition to the vessel wall. Volcano IVUS offers unique features, including both phased array and rotational IVUS imaging catheters and advanced functionality options, such as VH® IVUS tissue characterization, ChromaFlo® and FFR (fractional flow reserve) technology.
Always changing
Document Control Supervisor (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAApril 17, 2014
Pros: free starbucks coffee machine
Cons: peoples jobs being eliminated as manufacturing is slowing be transfered to costa rica
It was worth staying, working with great people.
It was hard to watch it being dismantled in painful waves as the company slowly transfers the manufacturing facility from Rancho Cordova CA to Costa Rica.
Once a awesome place to work... now in rapid death throws
Document Control Specialist III (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CaMarch 25, 2014
Pros: cross teams, training
Cons: outsourcing, management no longer cares, hostile work enviorment
One of my favorite parts of the job was watching an idea become more. I was part of the change process from creations to the implementation.

I used and Orcle based PLM called Agile. For our inventory was MFG Pro and now AX.

The hardest part is to continue to work while the company is closing down around me. They are phasing work from Rancho to Costa Rica and laying off hundreds of employees.
Fast paced fun place
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 3, 2014
Everyone has a great attitude, lot of fun and laughs, and take their jobs and deadlines seriously.
All over Summary
Assembly Associated (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 10, 2013
I like to keep myself busy working. Help other as needed and be a team works to meet the dateline. Quality is first priority to meet the customer satisfaction
Ok to work for
Temporary, On Assignment (Former Employee), Billerica, MAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: nice air conditioned building
Cons: no chance of becoming a perm
I was there for a 7 week temp position. Very big organization, difficult to find and connect with the correct person for specific information on assignments.
Very bad balance
Clinical Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 3, 2012
Pros: great pay
Cons: terrible life/work balance
Very demanding and missed my son being born due to beign forced to go out of state training. They knew delivery date before I was hired and ignored it once the time came.
Good work enviroment
Quality Control Inspector Lead (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 27, 2012
 Preformed lot inspections and first article inspections on incoming raw material, parts and subassemblies for various coronary catheter and coronary catheter related product line to ISO 13485: 2003, FDA and GMP standards.
 Consulted with Research and Development engineers on design modifications and discrepancy correction.
 Consulted with Production Engineers and Managers on resolving MRB issues.
 Worked with quality and production engineering staff to resolve issues that arise during inspections due to insufficient or outdated inspection requirements and procedures.
 Contacted suppliers to resolve material certification and part discrepancies.
 Assisted and trained other inspectors on measurement and inspection techniques and procedures.
 Ordered test or measurement equipment and ensured current equipment was calibrated and met readability and repeatability standards.
Shipping and Receiving Manager (Former Employee), Billerica, MAMay 5, 2012
Receiving, distribute mail and packages to designated persons and departments. Receive inventory & non inventory receipts in ERP system. Ship finished goods through MRP system via: FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with my co-workers and managment.
Producitve and fun workplace
Medical Associate (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 19, 2012
Even though we have to be really particular about every detail when working in a medical environment,the employees know how to make the best of it. Supervisors are always encouraging and motivating each one of us.

About Volcano Corporation

Volcano creates its own sound and light show to get your heart's blood flowing. The company develops, manufactures, and sells – Read more