Volcom Employee Reviews

Good job, horrible store manager
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2017
Working for Volcom was fun and I got along with all of the employees except for the store manager. she was very unprofessional and overstepped her boundaries wanting to get involved in others personal lives. I advanced relatively quickly in my role as a supervisor and had a few accomplishments working there.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
minimal days off with no benefits
Overworked Under Paid
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2017
They expect so much from you without the proper pay. They add more and more to your plate, but not to your title or pay. Give you too much workload than job position requires saying it will help in your advancement with the company, except no advancement takes place. Super stressful and frustrating.
Pros
Store Atmosphere
Cons
Upper Management
Great Workplace
Sales Associate Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 3, 2017
I loved working for this company and I made such amazing friends there. It felt like we were a big family and they were all so welcoming. I had a couple personal issues with the company, but other than that, it was a great place and there were great benefits.
Great atmosphere with awesome staff who knew their gear and how to market it.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTApril 20, 2017
Opened the store 30 min before actual opening
Ran the till from the night before, deposit the earnings for the bank, get a new till to start the day.
Do a storewide check of all merch to make sure its all visibly pleasing
Fold any mistakes
Unlock doors
Great customers and send them to the correct area where they can be helped by the employee in charge of that zone.

Nothing was had, we all moved as a unit
Most enjoyable was the staff!
Pros
discounts on great gear
Cons
returns
Very good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HIFebruary 2, 2017
This place has kept me in good shape for the past four years and it has been an honor to be part of the volcom crew.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that I worked at the one on maui and it is paradise.
Work environment stimulates creativity
Product Imagery Intern (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 17, 2016
Energetic, fun place to work. Very aesthetically pleasing. Great work culture. Laid back. Friendly coworkers. Creative minds. Very close knit relationships.
Dedicated employees
Director of Legal Affairs (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMarch 9, 2016
Super laidback environment with very talented people. Super creative designers work with experienced supply chain personnel to source the fabrics and trims for unique and high-quality products. Lots of employee perks -- especially the onsite Employee Store!
Pros
Lots of changes going on since purchased by parent corp.
Cons
Excellent benefits
Volcom Stone
Supervisor/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJanuary 7, 2016
A normal work day at Volcom, I would clock in and go to the office and check our current and past emails. If I have any questions I would ask the manager on duty if there is anything specific me and my team need to work on. There is always a lot of product in the store, so a lot of the time we are sizing every rack or color coordinating. On slow days, we'd do the best we can to stay busy if there wasn't any shipment to work on. My sales team were awesome, I loved hearing their stories or what their day consisted of. However I wasn't too fond of the management team, they took advantage of their position and a lot of the time was in the back gossiping and being lazy. I made sure I was on the sale floor with the sales associate because working the floor alone is not the greatest. My favorite part of working there was becoming friends with the sales associates and customers too. We would get some very rad people coming in.
Cons
management team, cluttered
Dynamic Company
Senior Director, Financial Planning & Analysis (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 2, 2015
Team mentality, fun activities and events to promote employee engagement. Creative energy in a newly remodeled office building.
unexpected experiance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 28, 2015
Opening and closing procedures. Dealing with tourist. The job it's self was fun and different but the management on the other hand a different story. Hardest part of this job was being decimated because of my race.
through everything, it was my favorite place to work!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 5, 2015
I went on an initial interview for a cashier position, they automatically noticed my enthusiasm and work ethic in one sitting so i was offered the supervisor position (which i really appreciated). Working there i was treated poorly by my first store manager. Neither my ASM or SM knew proper english which made it harder to understand what they were asking the store to do. After the first SM was fired, they hired another and kept the same ASM who no one understood. Overall, management got better then worse.
Pros
room for advancing in the company, fun benefits, laid back yet hardworking environment
Cons
management was messy, associates were careless, towards the end, just a hostile environment
great
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 10, 2015
Volcom is an amazing company to work for i really appreciate all that I learned from them during my time there. I consider all of my Volcom ohana family
Fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 2, 2014
Not bad, help customers, coach team to succeed! Had a great store manager to mentor me.
Great Enviorment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las vegas nvNovember 12, 2014
Overall the time i worked there, I personally enjoyed the people i worked with and the enviorment i was in.
Pros
Great work enviorment
Cons
Productive and inviting workplace.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2014
All management team, makes any project, responsibilities, or tasks run much more smoothly. Very high standards in the store, allowing customers to have a better shopping experience, and always a good atmosphere.
Pros
All management team
Cons
Slow at times
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2014
I love surfing and skateboarding, and volcom is all about those sports. Also, volcom has been my favorite brand for over 15 years, so for me is a lot of fun to work there.
Productive yet family type enviornment
Supervising Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 10, 2014
Working for Volcom was honestly one of the best jobs I have had so far. My manager taught me so much when it came to work situations and everyday life. The two go more together than you would expect. Especially when it comes to dealing with an angry customers or solving an issue that you are unsure of. We always worked hard but played hard too. Everyone gets along like a family, even cooperate gets involved with the stores. Which I think is fantastic!! It is such a fun-loving and chill environment to work in. For me, the hardest thing was probably working in the back room reorganizing boxes and what not. It can take a toll on your back if you are not careful. The most enjoyable part was the contests they would hold for sales or the incentives they would do to make the employees push a little harder. I 100% recommend working for Volcom if you are interested in retail and the board sport industry!
Pros
Paid Time Off for management, decent breaks, awesome environment, great incentives/discounts.
Cons
Retail.
Fun workplace
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Tulare CaJune 13, 2014
I would greet customers, help them with their wants and needs, work the cash register, and also proceed in opening/closing procedures of the store
Pros
i loved the people i worked with
boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  las vegasMay 3, 2014
no one likes the clothes therefore their is no sales coming in and the associates get hammered for it.
Fun workplace, Bad hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVFebruary 3, 2014
Volcom was a fun place to work. But like a lot of retail jobs, the hours were terrible. Also, the sales goals were very high at times and hard to achieve. The supervisors had bad attitudes and violated company policy constantly.
Pros
Meet new people, Fun
Cons
Supervisors, Pay, Hours