HR Support Specialist
Volke Consulting Ltd ~ Greer, South Carolina
As an employee with our company, you will have the opportunity to work within one of the most prestigious automotive manufacturers in the world. This position/plant is located in the southeast of the United States.
I. Position Purpose/Scope: What are the key objectives of the position?
Serves as the primary Associate contact in an inbound request / Human Resources (HR) service center environment. Utilizes knowledge base and case management software tools to assist Associates in completing their human resource transactions and in assisting with responding to general Associate questions all in accordance with established service center targets and standards.
II. Position Responsibilities/Accountabilities: List the major duties/accountabilities to achieve the positions key objectives.
- Responds accurately and timely to Associate questions and inquiries about Associate programs, Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance to associates in navigating Human Resources administrative processes.
- Assists Associates in providing appropriate documentation and paperwork as required per the applicable processes.
- Interacts with Associates via telephone, e-mail and electronic transmissions to answer questions and provide assistance in the completion of human resource transactions.
- Utilizes knowledge base informational software to answer Associate inquiries.
- Inputs in-coming questions and details (topics, outcomes) into a Case Management software system to be used to track the service center usage and areas that need additional information published within Plant Spartanburg.
- Inputs, updates, and/or retrieves information from various human resource processes to develop process efficiencies.
- Alerts the service center supervisor or lead associate when there is confusion or absence of information in the knowledge base to answer particular associate questions.
- Routes calls and follows up on closure to appropriate staff and/or subject matter expert if the question cannot be closed by the HR service center.
- Performs all work in accordance with established service center targets and standards.
- Initiates status reports to the service center supervisor or lead associate when delays occur in responding to inquiries.
- Works with subject matter experts and responds back to Associates with final answer.
- Assists in training Associate Service Center staff, as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned by BMW MC operations supervisor.
III. Position Competencies:
A) Education: BS degree in Business or other applicable field of study or the
equivalent work experience in a Payroll / Human Resources role.
B) Experience: 3+ years of experience in a customer service role.
3+ years using and learning various computer software and systems.
Human Resources process experience (preferred).
E) Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Basic = less than 1 year of experience/training needed; Intermediate = 1 – 3 years of experience/some training may be needed; Advanced = 3-5 years experience/no training needed; Expert = 5+ years experience/able to train others.
Basic knowledge of general Human Resources practices.
Advanced communication skills both written and verbal as proven through
Advanced Computer skills in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint and proven
ability to learn new systems as proven through work experience (i.e.
Service Center Knowledge Base and Case Management systems).
Ability to handle a high volume of Associate calls daily while
maintaining a positive Associate service attitude.
Ability to work in a highly structured, measurement-oriented
Ability to manage through difficult and highly emotional situations as
proven through previous work experience.
Ability to manage confidential information as proven through prior work
Ability to work flexible hours is required including evening and weekend shifts.
This position is for a long term renewable contract with an excellent hourly rate including superior benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, FSA and 401k along with paid holidays and vacation days.
Please apply ONLY if you fulfill the above mentioned minimum requirements.
Volke Consulting Ltd