Volkswagen Group of America Employee Reviews

Pretty gppd
Call Center Advocate (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 23, 2017
Excellent place to work for college students, and people looking for a great way to gain customer service experience. I recommend working for this company.
Pros
Pto
Cons
loads of micromanaging
Avoid.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 20, 2017
I used to work there. Rotating shifts so your your sleep schedule and sanity are out the window. I could deal with it if they rotated monthly but it's weekly.
The staffing agency employees are treated like stepchildren. If you make one mistake you will be given corrective actions even though you're working circles around the VW employees who's jobs are safe from layoffs. Myself and the people I was hired with were told we would be hired full time VW but were there for a year and a half still as contract employees even though we outperformed VW employees. (They don't have to try hard anymore because they are safe from layoffs due to VW status)
The supervisor I had would swear at and disrespect his employees to their faces with no repercussions.
People with children could make up family emergency excuses and get to stay on day shift for a while while the rest of us had to keep rotating.
The biggest thing for me is how much differently the contract employees are treated than the VW employees. Stay away from this company unless you have a family in danger of starving to death.
Pros
Overtime if you like it.
Cons
Everything else.
Productive and self rewarding
Corrosion team member (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 19, 2017
I learned a lot about how a car is made and what all it intellls. Learned how to adjust to different atmospheres. Learned to drive tuggers and how to read pick sheets to be able to put the parts in a sequence to send to the line so they can put the parts on the car. I have also learned what to do to waterproof a car. How important it is to keep the interior free of water for the customers. I also learned what it takes to keep the corrosion from starting on a car.
Pros
Holiday shutdowns
Cons
Work a lot of overtime and never feel appreciated
Nice company
.NET DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  MIMay 19, 2017
Very co operative management always encourage to achieve maximum and all the colleagues are in a family
Nature to work peacefully feel like home .
boardwalk automall
Internet Sales manager, leasing (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 18, 2017
same as the boardwalk automall the staff and the location and the service is good but the managers need to be changed and bring in more educated managers and more responsible people
Good Car Company
Area Aftersales Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 18, 2017
The company is a good company that is working on building itself in the USA. Great opportunity to join the automotive industry. Downside is that the HQ in Herndon, VA is a very expensive area in which to live.
Pros
Company Car, Salary and Bonus
Cons
Advancement requires relocation
Poor Management
Workforce Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 26, 2017
I would not recommend working here. Horrible management, not enough support for people coming from outside the company, best if work at low job and move up. No work life balance, not paid enough for work expected.
Working
CUSTOMER SUPPORT AGENT (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 11, 2017
Fast paced environment for a rapidly growing company. The atmosphere was friendly and opportunities for growth were made available to each employee within the company.
Plant buildout project
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 17, 2017
Like Alstom I was responsible for managing all IT project building the new VW automotive plant in Tennessee. It was great to be responsible for building something and not just application maintenance.
Pros
Great opportunity to build something
Cons
contracted ended
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 22, 2017
Volkswagen of America is a great place to work, not only due to its compensation and benefits but it is the people that makes the place great.
Very fast paced and alot of work
Quality Assurance Team Member Road and Water (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 15, 2017
Volkswagen is swing shift. Not very ideal for families. The benefits and pay are good. Every other week you are on days and every other week you are on nights. You work 10 hour shifts, sometimes 11and sometimes on weekends. The pay is the best around! Benefits are very good!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very time consuming
open atmospher to new ideas and new talents
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 17, 2017
VW is extremely open for any new idea and talented people who wants to make their job even better.
German Discipline and American soul made here one of the most desirable work place.
Good Workplace
Logistics Intern (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 12, 2017
Te offices were nice, there was a beautiful patio where I ate lunch every day. I knew the work I was doing was contributing.
Work life balance
Operations Lead - TDI Vehicle Remediation (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIDecember 27, 2016
I have always had good work life balance in my previous years at Volkswagen Group of America, however after taking on the new role it has been jeopardized.
Wonderful place to grow roots
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 22, 2016
I very much enjoyed my job. Great benefits and opportunities . Swing shifts hard on single mothers no night care for children. Worked there for 6 years . Once I had a child I couldn't get childcare or a straight shift so I will eventually be terminated.
Pros
Great benifits, insurance, 401k match, maternity leave, pay rate
Cons
Swing shifts and no straight shift unless you work in spine
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 2, 2016
Very good place to work with great benefits including lease cars. I would have continued my work there had there been better opportunities for advancement, however advancing was based on politics and the buddy system.
Pros
Great benefits and lease cars
Cons
Hard to advance and inconsistent working conditions
Just like any other American company
Finish line Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 1, 2016
The first two years it was a great place to work. But when the Germans in charge handed the reigns over to their American counterparts, it went downhill fast. Very underhanded ways of dealing with employees, company attorneys on staff to help dodge the laws. Gave us PTO but required us to use it for company scheduled non production days. Clinic Doctors who say NOTHING is work related. No work-life balance. High divorce rate. Swing shift means no one ever gets more than 4 hours sleep. Totally dishonorable management.
Pros
Good insurance.
Cons
Dishonest as the day is long.
Work environment socially is enjoyable.
VW CARE Region Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIAugust 17, 2016
- managing caseload of an average of 35 cases a day
- reviewing repair orders for customer's request for buyback of vehicle.
- learned how to navigate through difficult calls with appropriate language.
- Co-workers are friendly and helpful.
- hardest part of the job would be delivering negative news that wasn't in favor of what the customer requested.
- the most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships with field representatives and dealer personnel, as well as interoffice personnel.
Pros
free lunches occasionally, free swag occasionally, facility is beautiful looking
Cons
healthcare benefits, advancement, paid time off
work managment
Painter/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 1, 2016
work was ok management was bad alot of politics and no reward forhard work not a good place to work managment was over bearing and not easy to like
Pros
benifits
Cons
hours
Great benefits
Multi-skill Technician - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 25, 2016
Great benefits. Very mundane and unorganized in their approach to most situations. The coworkers were great with a great variety of experience. The most enjoyable part of the job is the technology. The worst is definitely disorganization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volkswagen Group of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Volkswagen Group of America Reviews by Location