Volkswagen Group of America Employee Reviews in United States

Discriminating enviroment
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 29, 2016
At 1st they promised me a full time position but volkswagen is not a fair company they kept me in one position for 8 months straight while allowing every employee to rotate in the work areas so therefore i give them thumbs down
Busy Schedule With Full OWrk Day
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 28, 2016
A typical work day for me is very busy and constantly interacting with my coworkers and collaborating with them to find a solution for problems with the product we make.
Global Company
Assistant Manager, Logistics Operations (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 9, 2016
A truly challenging environment that offers both opportunity and growth for some. Their reputation is tarnished to the point that I am not sure they will ever recover in the US
Pros
Global presence
Cons
Unwilling to change
Interesting place to work
Project Manager / Facilities Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 30, 2016
Good place to work, where employee health and fitness is a priority. I am thankful for the opportunity to work for Volkswagen and I am seeking a position that allows me to contribute even more.
awesome
WMB/SOA Developer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 9, 2016
co-operative.
Learned a lot in my projects and had great memories working with the team members.
The company has learnt me many things that would be useful in everyday life
good
Cons
health care
hard work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNMarch 9, 2016
Job is a lot of standing and walking. There is not a decent amount of training for new employees. Overtime is mandatory as they do not tell you in the beginning.
Pros
clean facility
Cons
walking up and down stairs all day
Fast paced enviornment with many challenges
Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 29, 2016
I enjoyed being a contractor at VWGoA through Brightwing. I worked a specific project and once that was completed my job there was done as well. I was treated well and they were flexible and appreciative of a job well done.
Pros
Ability to work from home
Cons
80% of the office were contractors. Not many are hired permanently.
Productive and fun work enviroment
Logistics Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 20, 2016
I learned to work with different types of personalities in a productive manner. Used problem solving skills daily to ensure product was delivered on time to line. My team were good workers how cared about doing a good job. My favorite part was watching a completed car roll of the line
Pros
Free clothes
Cons
Long walk in to work
Great place to work, wonderful employees
payroll specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 18, 2016
Volkswagen Group of America is a wonderful place to work. I would highly recommend it as a employer. Great benefits and 401K plan
Pros
people
Cons
supervisors
Warranty Part Return Internship (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 18, 2016
Its really good work and learned new technologies from the company,very friendly coworkers.Good management.I enjoyed my work with the company.
Pros
free lauches
Cons
short breaks
A great place to work
Facility Mgr and Engineering Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Allendale New JerseyJanuary 18, 2016
Excellent Career experience.
Great people and products. Hi Tech environment and equipment and facilities. Numerous advancement and learning opportunities.
Pros
exciting competitive products and environment
Cons
exciting competitive environment
The Germans care about their employees but the Americans that were hired from Toyota don't care about anyone but themselves
Skilled Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 18, 2015
Everything was good when the company started in Chattanooga. Then they hired all the employees that were fired from Toyota because they were incompetent. Now that same incompetence is through out the Chattanooga plant. Production suffers and no one can get ahead unless they are sucking up to the boss.
Pros
Decent pay for area
Cons
Very bad benefits and Toyota management
Stressful and political
Assembly Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 6, 2015
Highly stressful due to lack of manpower. Hours aren't ideal for someone with a family outside the company. Great benefits, but overall not a great place to be in you are family oriented.
Great Place to Work
Telecom Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 9, 2015
Work life balance with flexible hours. Management supported employees and their growth as well as getting their jobs done. Benefit package was rather nice.
Extremely Unorganized
Claims Processing Intern (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIAugust 28, 2015
While this restaurant had great food and I loved most of the people that I worked with, there was always something going wrong during the work day. This restaurant has since been closed and I was not surprised when it was. The disorganization in this place was horrid. We were often out of important food items such as potatoes and even meat on burger night. There were many days that I did enjoy being at work but it was always a balancing act to ensure that things were how they should be. This is a job that I would never return to.
Cared very much about the health of their workforce.
BUYER, Services Buying Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN.August 6, 2015
Never a dull day at work. You did substantially more than what your job description called for. The company kept you well informed about the financial progress. We had all employee meetings once a quarter which indicated how the facility was doing and then how we are doing against the industry.
Pros
Salary, experiences and bonuses.
Cons
Very Political
ok
Customer Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIAugust 3, 2015
a great amount of direction to go in, abroad opportunity as well. discounts on vehicles are terrible though compared to the rest of the industry
VW is an excellent place to work
Material Flow Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 8, 2015
I enjoyed every day. There was always a new and exciting challenge facing the team. I like the team culture and the work atmosphere. If you want to talk to the CEO you can as they have an open door policy. This is the best company that I have ever worked.
Pros
People, Plant, Product, Passion
Vw
VW Customer Quality & Reporting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAApril 10, 2015
Dynamic and fast paced environment, culturally diversified, and family oriented. Great place to learn about project planning and effective team communication.
Productive and happy enjoyable environment
Project Manager Office (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 25, 2015
Enjoyed the culture and work force. Sorry my Manager was transferred and therefore my contract was not renewed after one year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volkswagen Group of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Volkswagen Group of America Reviews by Location