Volkswagen Employee Reviews

fun place
Shipping and Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 24, 2017
this was a fun place to work but is no longer there, believe it was bought out and changed names, when it was still classic volkswagen it was a great place to work
Don't do it
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 24, 2017
Work you to death, don't care about you. Pay is good, and you'll never lose the job, but no one wants to stay. Stay away if you have a social life or a family.
Pros
Good pay. Decent benefits
Cons
Never know how long you'll work. No life outside of work.
Auburn VW
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 18, 2017
Great place to work, only reason I left was family issues in another state. Great people and great management. Very clean shop and high level of pay for the area.
Fun workplace with growth opportunity
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYApril 17, 2017
I've worked with Volkswagen and I loved the company and what it stood for. i would love to continue a career with the company if the opportunity presented itself.
Pros
Great people, fun work, amazing opportunity
Cons
not a big con but we worked some holidays.
Excellent Employer
Master Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 17, 2017
Excellent working conditions, Air Conditioning in the service department. When working Saturday, lunch is provided for all employees. Management is always nice and helpful.
Workplace Culture
Senior HR Consultant - Global Assignments (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 17, 2017
They tout work life balance and flexible work arrangements but most Managers don't allow the individuals in their department to work from home. Most departments are clock watchers and it's all about face time.
Pros
Cool cars (Bugatti, Lamborghini, Bentley, Porsche)
Cons
Professional development is lacking, nepotism, lacking in diversity
Company is now closed
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Claremont, CAApril 15, 2017
Company is now longer is business so this review is obsolete and will not need to be posted. However the owner is a great person and stills owns 2 Toyota franchises
Straight Forward
Head Cashier/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAApril 14, 2017
In every department the jobs are very easy to accommodate to. Very easy jobs to understand but the work load is tremendous. Due to it is a small dealership.
Keffer Volkswagen
Parts/Sales (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NC 28078April 13, 2017
A great place to work . Family atmosphere .

Great management and plenty of opportunities for advancement through the company .

I really enjoyed working for Keffer Volkswagen.
Pros
town hall meetings every month, cookouts and special events
Cons
Health Care is ok, but really who has a perfect plan
Enjoyed meeting new people
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALApril 10, 2017
I worked there about a yr and a half and enjoyed it over all. Good hours no weekends . Benefits were decent .Did have trouble requesting off for doctors appointments
Fast paced and great compensation
Internet Sales Manager/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Vista VW in Pompano beach, FloridaApril 7, 2017
Working as a salesman to Internet and Floor Management was an over all great experience. The product line is true German engineering at some of it's finest and once you know how to explain the benefits these cars offer in safety, handling and the array of options making the value outstanding, it's pretty easy to turn a potential client into a positive buyer.
Pros
Great income opportunity, selling a real quality product you just don't find in the competition .
Cons
Not many.
Such a good experience
Lot Tech/Sales (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 7, 2017
I loved working there. I did it to get money for school, but I ended up learning a lot about sales and cars. I started my days at 8 AM and didn't leave till 10 PM. I kept at it. Washed Cars, brought different cars to dealerships. I also learned Sales too. from the car sales men ans women. I mean the hardest part was leaving the job to go to college.
washing cars and doing anything they ask me all day
Lot Porter (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAApril 3, 2017
I wash cars new sold cars and service cars. I also drive a car with the customers in the car. I take them to their job or to their home. I also walk around the lot to make sure it is clean. I also do anything they ask me to do for the day.
good place to work
Sales Consultant/Internet Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 3, 2017
good place to work with only 7-8 sales people
flexible and sensible management
good owners that care and provide a great pay plan
clean working environment and happy customers
dynamic and fun place to work
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 1, 2017
reviewing credit reports and applications, submitting deals to different lenders, negotiating best rates for the dealership and clients.Ability to respond and resolve concerns and provide unparalleled service to ensure satisfaction and loyalty
Body Technician A (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHMarch 31, 2017
I would still be at Fairfield Volkswagen if they would have kept my manager my manager was let go the manager that they hired could not get the jobs into the shop I went from a 210 hour every other week pay. To 84 hours every other week
Management by Intimidation
Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 30, 2017
Within the IT department, the CEO is a narcissist, who loves to hear himself talk. He rules by fiat and refuses to put anything in writing, for fear he will have to defend his decision, of which he makes very few of. Save for his family members and friends he hired, no one likes or respect him. He never takes any responsibility for failure, but takes full credit for successes - which are always due to the staff performing "herculean" tasks... People are completely disposable within the IT department, and the turnover rate is above 40%, 60% if you include contractors...
Pros
The people are great!
Cons
Management is terrible
Management culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 29, 2017
Experience with management was a culture of micro-managing regardless of the employee's work experience, age, referral history, performance. Low wage pay vs. the profit margin of the company.
Pros
40hour work week max.
Cons
micro-management; low pay scale
great
BOB BAKER SUBARU (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMarch 28, 2017
A typical day at work would be getting to work and start following up with prospects and trying to set appointments for the week ahead , we have a up system of half a hour to see if you can talk to any potential customer , I learn people skill I learned how to listen to customers wants and needs . management are all awesome there great they guide to the next step , hardest part of the job would be long hours .most enjoyable part of the job is the income.
Decent place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2017
Poor facility, new management

Needs lots of updates

Needs new upper management

could always be better in service department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volkswagen. Our community is ready to answer.