Volkswagen

Volkswagen Employer Reviews

great job to be at
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIMay 7, 2014
Pros: good pay, relaxing work day, not too stressful, room for advancement
Cons: drive was too far
other than being a far drive, this job had everything, good management, good amount of break times, a cafeteria, and was very non-stressful most days, great PTO syste
Good expirence
Internet Sales Manager/Director Base+ (Commission) (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 22, 2014
The company was great I love Volkswagen and Audi. Just was time to move on and make more money, I was in a small city back then.
Brand & Creative Ambassador - Georgetown University's Client Collaborative
Brand & Creative Ambassador (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 14, 2014
- Developed and presented a creative marketing strategy to Volkswagen's Chief Marketing Officer, Wayne D. Brannon
- Researched and analyzed global markets to understand millennial consumer habits and attitudes towards Volkswagen
Excellent team and work culture
Sales, Corporate, Product Trainer (Former Employee), Western USApril 4, 2014
Pros: management, benefits, history of the brand
Cons: compensation
VW of America is an excellent company. They are smart enough to empower their work force, and are there when assistance is needed.
Over all a good place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Chattanooga TNMarch 26, 2014
Pros: employee benefits
Cons: swing shifts, lack of communication from upper management
On a typical day we built, measured and calibrated over 300 vehicles.
I would usually spend over two thirds of my shift measuring down to the nearest 1/10 of a mil, so it really calls for an eye for details. Management overall was great to work with, however upper levels of managment were poor at transmitting information down to the shop floors. I loved the group of people that I worked with and would never hesitate to work with any of them again. The only part of the job that made things so difficult was the constant swing shifts. One week days and One week nights never really allowed to adjust to any sort of sleep schedule.
fun workplace and productive team
Sr. Net Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: short breaks
• Involved in architectural discussion of the project and injected significant ideas for establishing the base project.
• Created UML diagrams (Solution design diagrams, Class diagrams, Sequence diagrams etc.).
• Created Detailed Technical Design document.
good system, good environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), TangShan, ChinaMarch 10, 2014
Pros: have rest time, free lunch, the insurance, high salary
Cons: high pressure
sell cars, and help the sellers. manage the inventory. put customers' information into system. contact customers.
I learned how to communicate with customers.
the hardest part is to persuade customers to buy the VW cars.
the most enjoyable part of the job is to chat with the customers because I am the fan of VW cars. I like to introduce the cars that I like.
great company to work for
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 1, 2014
Pros: they had a great traning school
Cons: some people were not on the same page at time
i have to say i love working for volkswagen been with that company for a while and would like to keep working for them
Expeditor
Expeditor (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: fast paced work environment
Cons: it was contracted work.
Expedite Volkswagen Group of America orders from shippers to satisfy the customer production needs.
Inspect goods upon delivery to ensure the level of quality and quantity, and to ensure adherence to specifications.
Responsible for maintaining communication with supervisors and contractors to ensure the project is running according to schedule.
Sales
Porter (Current Employee), Naperville, ILFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: driving new cars
Cons: environment, pay, and management
Job consisted of delivering sold vehicles by washing, waxing, and cleaning interior. Moving cars and efficiently organizing lot to make showing customer cars a breeze.
Process driven
Group General Manager (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Management style: The 5 P's People Passion Process Product Profit,
Great Job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 14, 2014
Perfect Job for the customer service field. If you love meeting and talking to new people this is a great job.
Fast paced environment
Inspector (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: overtime was available
Cons: none.
If you like working in warehouses this is also a great job to be at. The pay was great and you get raise every couple of months and paid weekly. Everything had to be done by certain amount of seconds. Working at this particular job/position requires you to have certain numbers on the bumpers in sequence with one another so you always have to remember your last numbers while checking if the bumpers are in good shape etc., meaning no scratches, dents, chipped paint.
Interesting and fun place to work and fascinating co-workers and a great manager. I learned a lot about Volkswagen vehicles and products.
Product Specialist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and learning about vw vehicles
Cons: short lunch breaks and long drives
A typical day at Volkswagen as a product specialist was quite fun and interesting. A group of us would set up an exhibit display for information and we also had the vehicles on premises for the public to check out and ask questions about. I learned a lot about VW and their safety status among other car manufacturers. The hardest part of the job was when very little people showed up for the event. The most enjoyable part of that job was talking and working with potential customers about how they won't buy any other brand vehicles except for VW.
Anyone seeking to meet the demands of loyal customers while providing value to the Brand will be offered advancement and commendation
Administrative Technician (Former Employee), Rochester Hills, MIJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: consistent work schedule, matched 401k, medical benefits, full lunch hour, respectful, clean work environment
Cons: excessive caseloads, backordered parts and customer dissatisfaction result in stress.
At typical day involves handling customer/dealer franchise concerns with vehicle operation, manufacturers warranties and auto part availability. Each VW representative must not internalize the dissatisfaction expressed by the client but take the initiative to meet their needs by taking ownership and providing case numbers for future reference. VW provides additional training through weekly team meetings and/or one-to-one training.
Due to the economic situation facing most companies with the Great Recession, VW suffered financial losses, loyal personnel accepted across the board pay cuts.
Great stability
o SAP Clerk (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNDecember 27, 2013
fast past team environment. Great management. Meet demands of production line speed.
porter
PORTER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), orland park ilDecember 19, 2013
wash and detail car, i shuttled customers to and from where they needed to be as there car was getting worked on. i learned to work with others and work under pressure,
Highly Productive
General Stores Supervisor (Current Employee), Chattanooga TNDecember 17, 2013
Pros: free lease car, 4 day work week, winter shutdown
Cons: location
VW is a highly productive workplace. It is very fast paced workplace with high demands. The workforce is overall a good team. The downside is this is a young workforce, many of then have never worked in automotive facilities.
Great Experience
Contractor (Former Employee), Chattanooga,TNDecember 12, 2013
Pros: work with great people and volkswagon was very interesting place to work, got to learn a lot about the facility and conveyors.
Cons: long hours
Reviewed Conveyor drawings that needed to be fixed and filed according to system. Learned a new CAD software which was MicroStation. Never used before but picked it up very quickly and became very knowledgable of the software.
Unique workplace with daily skill development.
Certified Sales Consultant for Mazda, Kia (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 6, 2013
Pros: exposure as "the nicest guy in the car business!"©
Cons: no insurance, not lucrative, not stable.
Being a former public educator and having a strong desire for wanting to be apart of a lucrative workplace, I figured automotive sales would be the place for me. To make a long story short, the company that offered me my first shot at the car sales industry has had a bad reputation before the day I walked in the front door. Over the course of 7 months I've sold well over 75 cars and watched the company reap the benefits of my hardwork and my personal finances suffer grately. I'm know as and built a great reputation as a Car Sales Professional but with the lack of support and leadership from the company, I simply can't survive.

About Volkswagen

James Frizelle's Volkswagen located at Southport, Tweed Heads South, Lismore, Nerang in Queensland, specialises in New Volkswagen, – Read more

Volkswagen Salaries