Volkswagen Employee Reviews

Volkswagen over view
Certified technician (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAJuly 19, 2017
Many issues concerning with this company. One big factor is that there shop is gross, only two or three techs at most work their. Shop is not up to code.
Pros
Good raises
Cons
Terrible management, Shop is in horrible shape. Not up to code. Needs lots of renavations.
Good people decent money.
Automotive Detailer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 19, 2017
Manager was a good person also so were the employees. Only thing that was bad no down time which was bad cause it was so hot in that garage. The amount of employees they had made it easier though.
Pros
Too hot to work in that garage.
Cons
Weather was hot which you had to detail cars in a hot garage.
Its a nice place
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJJuly 18, 2017
I come to work I do my work and on my break I socialize with some of my co-workers and then get right back to work. The management is alright it can use just a little tweaking. I work very hard at what I do because I set goals and accomplish them by giving the customers what they want.
Life in the plant
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 17, 2017
This is an awesome plant to work at, but it is hard to get hired on. When you start you work for a hiring agency. You work along side Volkswagen employees,but make less then them.
Benefits
Cons
Hours
Finance Company
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJuly 12, 2017
This company provides a plethora of growth opportunities to those who desire to step into corporate finance companies. There are a ton of company perks and amazing people here
Good place to work, plenty of hours
Forklift Operator/Walkie Picker (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 12, 2017
Volkswagen has a stable and clean environment and has a good HR team. The job is self explanatory and the employees are extremely friendly and welcoming.
Great people, culture even with accountability in play!
Principal Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 11, 2017
Great team atmosphere.Great people, culture even with accountability in play!.Great team atmosphere, work with some of the best in the industry. Very exciting opportunity to be on the ground floor and create something great. Valuable contributors are rewarded.
Good place to work.
Sales & Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAJuly 10, 2017
Love the people I work with, but the pay doesn't make up for it. It's typically a relaxing day, unless the big boss is upset and then it get's a bit stressful.
Fun job, that could have been a better experiece
Test Driver (Former Employee) –  Maricpa AZJuly 4, 2017
Love to drive the test cars. I took many road trips around the state. The hours were not to my liking-3:30PM to 12:00PM. Proper training was lacking and sound communication. The work culture could have been more inclusive ie: minorities and gender bias.
Pros
Trying out new technoligies
Cons
the hours
Stressful
Production Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 2, 2017
Volkswagen is a fast paced company, great pay but bad schedule. Working swing shifts is hard on the body, and hard to get use to. Not really family oriented.
Worst company to work for if owned by prestige
Inventory Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  42 w broad street stamfordJune 29, 2017
this was a small loving family owned dealership that cared for their customers. Then it changed with management and went down hill from their. But don't take my word for it ask the customers about their experiences, they will tell you with hate it was the worst.
Pros
Cons
don't care for customers. don't care about you cut throat.
Was able to drive all cars
CLIENT PORTFOLIO MANAGER (Former Employee) –  RosevilleJune 29, 2017
Typical day would be just calling up current customers to make sure everything was going well with there vehicles. It was a fast paced, fun, easygoing environment.
Pros
Meeting all types of new people
Cons
Didn't really have any
Productive workplace
Fleet Team Lead (Promotion) (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIJune 28, 2017
During my first year at Volkswagen I was promoted to a senior position. One of the great things about this company is they promote from within. They provide you with advancement training and all the tools needed to be successful. It is a culturally aware environment, with people of all walks of life. Each team is like a family and there is always someone willing to go that extra mile. The open door policy makes it easy to communicate with leadership. The hard part of the job is making sure no stone goes unturned. The customer is the focus as they should be! Its just a great place to work
Pros
Advanced PTO
Cons
Costly Insurance
Fun place to work
Asst. Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2017
Was a great place to work, however my position was eliminated due to new facility being built. I was an Assist Service Advisor/Shuttle driver. I loved my job, and co-workers.
automotive
Fixed Ops/ Detail Manager (Former Employee) –  Holiday, FLJune 26, 2017
Its a fast paced job setting and I love to muti task so it fits me. Management is great and flexible with kids appointments and field trips. The other employees are easy to get along with its like a big family
tv in the break room
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 26, 2017
workers were very slow and I picked up the pace when someone stopped working. I learned a lot about how to work on customer cars. I went above and beyond the job expectations and didn't get recognized.
Pros
free lunches on saturday
Cons
slow workers, management was too relaxed
Volkswagen
Accts. Receivable (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILJune 26, 2017
At larry roesch volkswagen I learned how to deal with billing everyday. Alot of money handling as well for customer service. It was great respectful environment.
Just another job
Parts Counter Person (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLJune 23, 2017
I took this job after working at another Volkswagen dealer and I thought it would be just as fun. it wasn't it was just another job no fun less pay and less benefits then the other dealer
Cons
pay and benefis
As a High School Intern the staff were very supporting and welcoming, teaching me with a friendly attitude and I will miss being there.
Unpaid Internship (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJune 22, 2017
I got the opportunity to be an Intern due to a Highschool program I was in ,which was F.A.S.T Academy. Although I wasn't exactly working there full time every day ,I spent my time being a helper to the technicians when it was needed and I enjoyed it as it was a little cool experience to jump in the workforce. I showed up every Wednesday which was my assigned day and I stayed 4 hours ,I had an official time card to give me credit for my Auto class.I was in Intern from September 2016-April 2017. It wasn't paid for but I see it as experience as I learned a lot about Car functions, how to do simple procedures such as Oil changes to tire rotations to using lab equipment and knowing their processes. I loved getting to know about this wonderful Company which I already loved beforehand as I love German Engineering. I don't have much say in the pay of this Company but I say it is well worth trying if you enjoy fixing Cars and being a part a great car company.
Pros
Staff is friendly and Supportive.
Cons
Days can be Slow where there are not many Customer Cars to work on, you look forward to working on a car.
Highly competitive sales environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TN 37067June 20, 2017
The work experience I received was mostly positive, and we were paid well for our work, though I was not a fan of slightly underhand sales tactics used by some of my coworkers at the time. I could not put aside personal ethics for the sake of the sale, and I was told that this was part of sales as a way of life.

I learned how to do data entry at a fairly fast pace. Many of the other relevant skills I already possessed.

Management was always polite but firm, and did not tolerate poor performance. I left on good terms, as I made sure all of my relevant paperwork (possible customer contacts, etc) were either handed off to another sales representative, or shredded.

Workplace culture was fairly relaxed as long as sales figures were looking favorable. If there were problems, there were meetings to discuss remedies and improvements. Nobody was ever left behind, though I did see several coworkers let go if performance was not up to company standards.

The hardest part of the job for me was remaining seated for long stretches of time. I prefer to be moving, and remaining in the same spot for long periods of time will leave me feeling drained.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was learning about Volkswagen products of the time. Higher end models were a bit of a novelty for the company at the time, and driving vehicles like the Touareg and Phaeton was delightful. The product is still amazing to me to this day.
Pros
Bonuses, paid training, high rate of commission
Cons
Commute, slow times