Volkswagen

Volkswagen Employer Reviews

nice perks
Warranty Parts Specialist (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJune 10, 2013
The cafeteria makes a KILLER breakfast burrito! Plus the quarterly all employee meeting keep everyone up to speed with the direction top management is moving the company.
Teamwork encouraged and good management
Production Team Member (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 8, 2013
Pros: pay raises, benefits, gym, health center, cafeteria
Cons: swing shifts, lay offs
A regular work day was very fast paced. We worked closely with others. Supervisors were very attentive and were easy to communicate with. The hardest part of the job was scheduling. We did swing shifts. We would have to make the transition between night shift and day shift every few days. I enjoyed working with others in a friendly environment. It was – more... very disappointing to be laid off. – less
Enjoyed working at Volkswagen and hope to return on day.
Team Member (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 26, 2013
Pros: clean and safe work place.
Cons: some breaks are over before you get to start them.
Shift starts with stretching. Then team members report to pitch to begin production. Management walks the line to speek to all team members. The other team members are always willing to assist you if needed. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with tack time. The most enjoyable part of the job is building a quality product.
Great brand, revolving management
Manager (Former Employee), Herndon, VAMay 21, 2013
Pros: strong brand, good benefits overall
Cons: german influence in us business, changing management
Little opportunity for movement, the organization is extremely lean so individuals are hired based solely on their skills and being able to fit a specific role, there is little opportunity for cross-functional development and progression within the organization.
Enjoy the associates I work with and building productive relationships with all associates including all departments and management levels.
Supplier Quality Technician (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 15, 2013
Pros: workout facility, full service cafeteria, large deck to spend lunch
Review passdowns from previous shifts for continued accurate communication. Ensure excellent start up of production to set a positive pace for the shift. Communicate with all levels of leadership immediately for any important items that need immediate attention. Always strive for zero injuries, zero downtime, zero scrap, maximum process capability. – more... Address any and all quality concerns, especially supplier quality.
Never trust anyone but yourself when it comes to verifying quality. Never let any supplier cut corners to meet their goals, same goes with internal departments. Always make decisions base on hard data that can be defended if any issues come up. Data should always drive the process. Data does not lie, have bad days, data removes the human element that can cause decisions based on emotions, gut feelings, guesses, and incorrect theories. These can cause the process to quickly go out of control and loose capability.
Management is a great diverse team. They bring many talents to the company. Diversity is alive and healthy which makes for a strong team. My management is very approachable, non judging, open minded, and generally a great team. The time I've been there I've seen them let employees fly as high as their dreams take them.
At times, when suppliers are having very difficult times with quality and processes its hard to see them so frustrated with no way to help them with their processes.
Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make sure that any and all parts that I'm accountable for that go into the vehicles is the absolute be, perfect. Preventing questionable quality parts from reaching the production line.The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and my counterparts on my team. Great professional relationships lead to great quality and overall passion for producing the very best product available. – less
Fun and busy workplace
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 3, 2013
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: the managment was poor
Forklift operator was easy, trasported material to location. Help others when needed help.
Enjoyable work environment
Quality Assurance Lab Intern (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 26, 2013
I was a quality lab assurance intern. VW is very high in making sure they provide quality products
Security Officer (Former Employee), auburn hillsMarch 18, 2013
Pros: hours, pay benefits
Cons: drive
Place is fun exciting an lots of great people to work for . Bosses are nice lots of support to get job done
Review Pending
Enterprise Buyer - Information Technology (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 27, 2013
Volkswagen Chattanooga Operation is an automotive manufacturer in Southeast Tennessee.
Very Busy and Competetive enviromnent. Always working on the next goal.
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Braintree, Mass 02184February 14, 2013
Pros: the harder you work the more money you make
Cons: you will have no social life. 65 hours a week at work.
Our Dealerships are a great place to work. We are one of the largest volume dealers in New England. Unlimited earning potential, and I have learned a lot about myself.
Started in the Service Center and promoted to the Parts Department
Secretary Service Department (Former Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: learning how to work within the german culture.
Cons: the management team was german and they used their native language, which made it difficult to communicate thoroughly, due to the language barriers.
I initially started in the Service Center and was responsible for the introduction of the Audi 5000. We had a fleet of 100 vehicles across the United States and Canada and coordinated the reports on all vehicles and provided the information to the Service Manager. It was a very successful and rewarding accomplishment. I was secretary to the Service – more... Manager, ordered parts, supplies and maintained all office files. I have the priviledge of driving the Porsche vehicles as they were brought into the United States.

Promoted to the Autobahn Parts Department which was a brand new department trying to break into the aftermarket parts sector. Unfortunately the project was disbanded and I then reported to the Logisticts Manager of the Parts Department.

Left Volkswagen of America to await the birth of my first child. – less
Productive customer service provider of products and services
Courtesy Officer, Wh (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2013
Reviewing and discussing customer needs exceeding department expectation while meeting goal.
Performance and customer focus driven with emphasis on team work and ensuring all customer needs are met.
Experience some difficulty working long hours to meet customer service demands but being compensated by customer appreciation made it well worth it.
productive and always an opportunity for advancement
assembler specified (Former Employee), New Stanton, PADecember 17, 2012
Pros: paycheck and recognition of quality job performances
Cons: that the company closed their pa. plant
even hard work was rewarding to me with this company, Its a shame the pulled out of New Stanton Pa. because i know i probably would of never left that company to seek work elsewhere. if you did a good job it was appreciated. And they were kind enough to show that appreciation to any individual whose work ethics were good.
N/A
Customer Service (Former Employee), Inver grove heights, mnNovember 13, 2012
Not as good as i thought it would be. Manager there didnt know what they wont in there employee. So that being said thats why i quit
Exciting environment; good, smart people
GM, CRM & Loyalty (Current Employee), Herndon, VAOctober 14, 2012
Days are hectic. Growth is rapid and resources are thin. Processed sometime get in the way of rapid progress. Great people. Management approachable. very nice work setting/environement
German culture, dog-eat-dog environment.
Treasury staff. (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIOctober 9, 2012
German culture, dog-eat-dog environment. Employees will stab you in the back to get ahead.
great learning experience
Porter and Technician Trainee (Former Employee), garden groveSeptember 12, 2012
It was a good learning experience working and knowing the behind the scenes of a dealership.
excellent place to shop or work.
Service Advisor (Current Employee), huntington station, new yorkAugust 21, 2012
excellant place to work. pleasant & knowlagible people on staff. brand new facility. great mechanics.
fast and productive work environment with opportunities to develop new skills.
OUTBOUND PROCESSOR (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIAugust 13, 2012
Pros: health insurance benefits, work schedule, technology.
Cons: if any did not see
Working at Volkswagen was a very beneficial both professionally and personally, I learned to develop organizational skills such as teamwork and have an attitude of initiative and leadership.
A decisive factor is the support and communication with management, who treat you with respect and appreciation every day.
Good job, good benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILAugust 12, 2012
Not alot of sympathy for single moms with sick kids or plays, etc. I learned so much and appreciate every day I spent there.

About Volkswagen

James Frizelle's Volkswagen located at Southport, Tweed Heads South, Lismore, Nerang in Queensland, specialises in New Volkswagen, – Read more