Volkswagen Employee Reviews in United States

Corporate environment
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MADecember 3, 2015
Provided a lot of training
Very frequent management changes
experienced co-workers (at the time I was there)
Hard to keep up with the super frequent management changes
Best part was learning the industry from experienced colleagues
Pros
great new building
Cons
management changes
Avoid this employer
safety manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 2, 2015
Caustic and toxic work environment. Management is clueless. Only work here if you have no other opportunities. VERY hostile environment.
Pros
Cons
Abusive work environment.
New and Pre-Owned Volkswagen Sales
Certified Master Volkswagen Sales same year (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VANovember 28, 2015
Sales force made up of 2 teams with 8-12 hour shifts. Schedule 9-9 each day except Saturday 8:30-6 PM. No Sundays. One hour lunch break. Learned to effectively sell new and pre-owned Volkswagen maximizing my commission with each sale. Management used when necessary to close some deals. Got along well with co-workers. Most difficult part of the job was lack of walk-in traffic. I enjoy meeting and helping all kinds of people. When there were slow days I would use the internet to contact previous clients. Would also us web-sites to learn as much as possible about German Engineering. The most enjoyable aspect of my job was servicing referral clients and maximizing gross profit. Enjoyed working at Volkswagen Springfield and management was always supportive.
Pros
Bonuses were good and I was paid for transportation each month as I lived in maryland.
Product
Master Certified Sales and Customer Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 27, 2015
Great product. Would recommend to anyone. Would still buy even with the TDI issues. We all know this will blow over as it did with other brands in the past.
Dealership is in a great location
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 24, 2015
The dealership is constantly generating traffic. Internet and walk-ins the only problem is the Management. They don't provide training if you are doing sells. However they do invest in a motivational speaker who is pretty much optional but you are REQUIRED to attend even on your days off.
Pros
Free Coffee, Good Looking Staff, Professional
Cons
No Training.
I make the work day fun with exercising, telling jokes and empowering employees to make their own decisions
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 9, 2015
The best thing about working at Volkswagen is meeting so many diverse people. I am fortunate enough to know so many different co-workers and friends from 87 different countries. The most important thing I have learned is to treat people fair and that we are all equal no matter our job role, our skin color or appearance. My co-workers all have different skills and we need all our skills to make a team. The hardest part of my job is to determine the best approach when having a discussion, how do you converse with a millennial vs. a senior citizen. I am so thankful to have a job and I do not take it for granted. My employees and I give back to the community several times a year, for instance for the holiday we will be making and donating 500 PB&J sandwithes for the homeless. Everyday I get to come to work and be creative, use maketing skills and create fantastic events but also follow a tight budget, cut back employee hours and oversee everything that is going on in my operation so I can always answer any question for my client, customers and/or bosses.
Pros
Even if this is stepping stone, not a career for employees I know there is something they can learn and I can learn from them
Cons
Keeping up with equipment, making sure we have continue to have a 100 health code score
It was ok, didn't care to much for the management
Finance Maintenance department (Former Employee) –  Grayslake, ILNovember 8, 2015
The company didn't care how the management treated their employees. I felt like anyone could treat each other any kind of a way. Was not happy there.
Pros
Supervisor took employees out for lunch one time.
Cons
Treated employees any kind of a way.
Lithia is a solid company, and good morale
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 4, 2015
this was a standard care sales position with a ton of hours and zero time for life. The benefits were very solid and the pay was equal or better than most other sales dealerships. The inconsistency in management causes a lot of issues with procedures and practices
Pros
free lunchs on saturday
Cons
lots of hours
One of the best jobs
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNOctober 30, 2015
Working for VW of Duluth was the best job i have ever had. I bonded really well with everyone and because we spent so much time together we were like family. I still today keep in contact with the people I worked with and having those friendships made it less like work. Selling Cars was easy for me. I am outgoing and talking to people is not in my list of weaknesses.
Pros
fun, creative, ecxiting
Cons
demanding, stressful
New and pre owned vehicle sales
Direct sales of new and pre owned vehicles (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 22, 2015
Preparing for the days appointments and setting new appointments.
Scanning the inventory on the lot.
Following up with the service department and greeting customers in the waiting area.
Seeing the smile on faces when they are approved and take delivery of their new car, knowing that will send their friends and families to our dealership.
Pros
Meeting new people, working for a dedicated team senestive to the needs of all customers.
Cons
Working on weekends
all you are is a number
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 21, 2015
not a fan of the VW plant swing shift is terrible for someone with a family. pay is very low compared to other auto manufactures.
Pros
stable job
Cons
swing shift
Great Place to work, amazing co-workers
CREDIT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILOctober 21, 2015
VW Credit is a great place to work. I highly enjoy working here.
The people are amazing. Work schedule is challenging but part of the job.
Summary
Car Salesman (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILOctober 20, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics.
fun working
Front End/Web/UI Developer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 19, 2015
good place to work, highly motiated. good competition among the employees great hirarachy fun loving with work and immediate attention from the managers for any issues
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
This company is bad!
Wholesale Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Schenectady NYOctober 17, 2015
After the sale of Langan Volkswagen, i was unable to stay with the Langan Motor Car company due to lack of position space. I was given an option to work for this dealership. Bad choice. After just only a month their Nissan dealrship was investigated for fruad to customers and shut down and then the VW franchise was investigated and then was sold to the Fuccillo group before the Federal investigators shut it down as well. The owners were from New Jersey and had so many bad revues online from customers who purchased from thir dealerships down in New Jersey. Worst decision of my life.
Good Management Poor Pay
Auto Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 28, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company, management is very supportive and professional.
The commission structure is geared towards making it difficult to earn money and changes are frequent.
Great potential-Sadly Flawed
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 18, 2015
VW of CC is a Gold Pen dealership for Volkswagen of USA. They sell a fare number of vehicles and have above average customer service much of the time.

However, since many of the employees are former inmates, gang members, or want to be, there is a very "ghetto" culture. The police have been there several times to arrest employees for a variety of crimes.

Once they can in to question employees about a incident at the weekend beach party. After a fender bender, two employees beat up the other party. This was covered up when police came to the dealership to interview the person involved in the fender bender. In a staff meeting the next day, the owner said that sometimes a man needs a "whooping" and that it was good the young man had not "ratted out the others". No one was disciplined.
Because of the jail time of one desk manager, local credit unions will not sign a dealership agreement with the firm, and one advises their customers to go elsewhere.

Avoid, unless you a "G" or want to act like one.
Pros
130-150
Cons
Hood Rat culture
Volkswagen
sales manager (Former Employee) –  ctSeptember 11, 2015
Good environment with a good chance to make great money. Must hit Sales goals. I liked working with the sales staff to meet and exceed goals.
Tremendous work load with little resources
Telecom Engineer (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILSeptember 9, 2015
work load was incredible with very resources. Management was thoroughly incompetent and non-supportive. Was unable to truly perform duties due to a lack of priorities being assigned by management; everything was crisis management with no room to be proactive.
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
constantly overwhelmed with issues and no support from management in getting more resources
The Company Needs Serious Reorganization
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 25, 2015
IT at this company is a popularity contest. Only the popular, and well liked are promoted regardless of their skill set and viability for the position. If you're not one of the popular kids, you will stay a contractor for the entirety of your stay at Volkswagen.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volkswagen. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2