Volkswagen Employee Reviews

Ok
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 6, 2017
I really don't know what to say about this place ..... there's many pros and cons to working her. Have to be a very tough person. That's all I can really say.
Pros
Dun
Busy and fast paced
Durability Test Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZMarch 6, 2017
Have been an employee of VW for 36 years. Have had an opportunity to do many things. Have been a tech, followed the racing program as an advisor, Have also held positions as an engineer in the weathering and corrosion departments. This was interesting as we conducted destructive testing to make our products better.
Great people
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 3, 2017
The people are the best part. Everyone is always so fun and positive. There is construction going on right now so it is hard to work but once the new building is done I'm sure it will be nice and a good environment to work in. The hardest part of the job is the long, 10.5 hour days and the amount of work you need to do. Management is amazing. All the managers are so nice and so helpful.
Pros
Nice people.
Cons
No lunch break. Under constustion.
Huge Automaker in mindset changing
Product Development Supervisor (Current Employee) –  BrazilFebruary 28, 2017
Volkswagen is a very good employer, indeed they are under reconstruction of its mindset. This is the right step to keep being competitive. The company is huge and it is possible to delineate it is full of bureaucracy. Too much innovative minds might not come forward there, at least in the current days. However, they master the ability to build robust and over average vehicles. I do recommend.
Pros
Job security, benefits
Cons
bureaucracy
Great Opportunity
Case Manager/Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 21, 2017
Volkswagen of America allowed me to gain hands on experience in a high paced call center. A typical day at work was trying to provide answers and resolutions to inquiring customers.
VW Chattanooga
Commodity Buyer (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 20, 2017
A great company to work for. Very professional organization that offers a lot of opportunity for learning and personal growth. Compensation and benefits are great.
Very rewarding and informative
Part-Time Cashier/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAFebruary 17, 2017
The management was very fair and considerate. There were no hard parts to the job for me. My duties included collecting payment for Service work performed on customer cars, filing, Multi-line phones, and dealing with unsatisfied customers which was the most unpleasant part of the job. Overall it was a rewarding experience as well as a learning one. I was only there a few months because I was filling in for a permanent employee that was out on medical leave.
Volkswagen is a great place to work
Used car reconditioning Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 16, 2017
The company caters to you if you are in need of Volkswagen repair service in Roseville, come visit our professional mechanics. Unlike a run of the mill auto repair shop, we dedicate our work to only German made vehicles. We have years of experience working on a variety of Volkswagen models and years. Please don’t hesitate to come by today for high quality service.
Typical Work Week
Accounts Receivable/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 16, 2017
“On Monday I begin by going over my priorities. I check email and calendar to refresh my memory. Dedicate myself to tasks and move forward, so I make habits out of organizational tasks for speed.”
Good Work Place
Car Porter (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDFebruary 15, 2017
A Good Job With Good Hours Management Is Horrible Because Of Lack Of Service Being Done In Shop To Meet The Needs Of A Car Porter I Would Return If The Staff Changed
Very Happy
Customer CARE Chat Advocate (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 11, 2017
I am very happy with my time here. This company is very dedicated to making their employees feel wanted and helping them advance. Very professional environment.
fun workplace
Receptionist/Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 8, 2017
great environment and people and I even remember the customers. very laid back; even though its a very fast paced store, it was an easy job. even management was nice to me.
Pros
free lunches, great people/environment
Cons
needed more pay, needed more of a challenge
Fun workplace with a lot of downtime
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAFebruary 6, 2017
Typical day at work would be opening in the morning with the coffee brewing and checking the schedule for the day. I've learned to multitask well and that if you have to wear someone else's hat then you do in order to make the guests happy and satisfied with their visit. Hardest part of the job was to come in early in the morning and leave so late in the evening with 5 days to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was that you make friends along the hardships and good times.
Pros
Free lunches on Saturdays
Cons
Long hours and not so busy
Major automotive retailer
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HI 96819February 4, 2017
Major automotive retailer with a focus on new car sales , product had reliability issues and experienced a lot of negative press in the media causing customer reluctance in product quality
Family Buisness
Business/Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAFebruary 4, 2017
I was employed there for 9 years. The company promotes from within and treats you like a person not number. Sometimes they make you feel like family. I went from a receptionist to a finance manager.
Cons
Life/work balance
good place to work
Automotive tech (Former Employee) –  Jersey Village, TXFebruary 3, 2017
very clean place to work for and it is both heat/cold climate control enjoyed working there at the time the location was built ahead of it's time therefore the work load was not as busy being the prior location was a very busy one .
Pros
very good shop to work for
Cons
lack of work at the time
Excellent Employer
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAFebruary 2, 2017
Pacific VW was a great place to work, but unfortunately, I had to relocated back to New Jersey for family matters. I enjoyed working the team every day and learned a lot about the auto industry, to the point of I was their top sales person in 6 months.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
The hours
Productive place to work with
Receptionist cashier (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 2, 2017
It was a nice place to work, professional, and sociable. I worked there for a few months after a car accident and they were semi accommodating to the best of their extent.
no work and life balance
Aerotek Temp (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 1, 2017
It is not a bad place to work. The worst part would be that you have to work swing shift and that is hard with a family and being a single parent
productive
Iqor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 31, 2017
answering calls/ customer service
management: okay
the most enjoyable: being able to assist and please customers
hardest part: remembering that angry customers are not really angry at you
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volkswagen. Our community is ready to answer.