Volkswagen Employee Reviews in United States

Very good place to work
Customer Service/ Credit Representative (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJuly 23, 2015
I enjoyed working for them. When management changed the job changed and went down hill. Hours were great working with customers was nice for the most part. However it can become repetitive easily. Once switched departments I learned the other side of the business which was a great experience.
Pros
great benefits such as a new car every year. Insurance was great. vacation time was awesome.
Cons
management changed.
Customer Advocate
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJuly 22, 2015
• Assist customers with resolving technical issue.
• Follow-up with customers regarding concerns.
• Provide product information.
• Explain operation of Volkswagen vehicle features and controls.
• Perform Volkswagen dealer locates for customers.
• Handle complaints and compliments for dealers, roadside assistance.
• Answer warranty questions.
• Provides Volkswagen campaign/recall information.
• Assist in backordered parts situations.
• Handle safety-related calls and possible escalation to a special department.
• Assist dealers with questions.
• Provided assistance with reimbursement process.
• Contact new owners to congratulate customer on new purchase.
• Provide goodwill assistance to loyal customer.
• Make empowered decision to provide a good experience for Volkswagen
customers.
Production
Production Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 21, 2015
The work is not too bad but several things bad for your health. Worst part is the swing shift and having time for yourself and family. Even when not at work you are drained and out of it. Hard to be in a good mood.
Too much unknowledgeable management.
Most enjoyable part is payday and PTO days.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
swing shift
Work Summary
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 17, 2015
 Set up access, hardware and office supplies for new employees
 Worked with attendees and board members on the Cost Investment Committee to develop agenda and meeting
minutes
 Maintained and scheduled meeting rooms, video conferences for fifty plus employees
 Recorded Accounting and Finance records for paid time off and data entry in SAP
 Assisted in Financial Monthly Close preparations
 Managed and maintained employee expense reports and travel (CONCUR)
 Tracked purchase orders and service level agreements in KSRM (Purchase req. manager)
 Assisted multiple departments with internal audits to maintain ISO 9001 standards
 Tracked department costs making sure that they were in line with budget
 United Way Department Representative: the voice of the Finance department regarding daily communications and
activities, participated in a full day workshops, participated in fundraising events and assisted with material distribution.
I love the company and the product
Service Director/ warranty administrator (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 10, 2015
train service staff, set up technician training all warranty processing for VW set appointments help service staff or techs where needed . open new point was hardest part of job but I felt it was a great learning experience
Pros
meet and get to know all kinds of people that become like family
Cons
long hours as all automotive jobs
nice place to work
Parts Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Country Side, ILJuly 6, 2015
I and enjoyed the work environment and management. Was able to take the good and the bad. The management and Co_Workers were nice.I would work there again.
Great Place To Work.
Video Content Producer, Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 22, 2015
It's a great place to work, great area to live. Lots of traveling and automotive driven creative minds are always welcome!
good place to work
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZJune 20, 2015
typical day was washing service cars, moving service cars from service lane, had great co-workers to work with management was reasonable
An Enjoyable Work Environment, Needs Better PMO Management
IT Project Manager - Master Scheduler (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJune 11, 2015
Great environment to work, with a good work/life balance encouraged. Employee moral is highly considered in all areas. Working from home is accepted, though not encouraged. Not pushed hard to be productive, and management leaves you to your own devices. Management should be a little more involved, i think.
Pros
Gym on-site, BBQs during summer, multiple appreciation days
Cons
Laissez faire approach to project management, it seems. Very little accountability
good field force
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2015
My team has got good colleagues, extremely talented people, during my induction period their valuable suggestions is precious. Good co-ordination with my colleagues help me and my company to grow further.
Pros
Good teams helped to working experience was fun
Cons
less support from the managers
Thanks to indeed we have job keep up the great job indeed staff.
Volkswagen auto technician (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAMay 18, 2015
I enjoy working with others because you learn from other people as well. Working for this company it wasn't to bad people is friendly managers are very kool and they treat you like one of them don't see you any diffrent.
Pros
I tray to stay away from lunches not try to get over weght.
Cons
I take short brakes I like to work during my lunch hour times goes faster.
Okay
Quality (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 16, 2015
It is an acceptable place of employment if you like automobiles and warehouses. The swing shifts took some getting used to, but the compensation was a nice trade-off.
Slave Labor
Production Member (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TennesseeApril 3, 2015
The work is hard, the bosses are difficult, the pay is lower than should be, and the employer doesn't give you a reason to enjoy work.
Very Healthy Active Atsmosphere
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 23, 2015
QC Tech. Typical day at work was Testing Passats for strict gudielines, doing about 20-40 cars day/night depending on many defected cars you find. Most of my co-workers are friendly people, they helped you no matter big or small it was. Most enjoyable part there was ability to work with one of the Biggest Automotive Makers in the world. And to say that I was apart of it.
Pros
benefits of working with a big auto leader
Cons
lunch prices..
Productive and fun place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 13, 2015
I started working here as they were just getting started as a company and they all work very hard, and really do value their customers and believe in their products.
Great Process Learning Platform
Environmental/Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth TexasFebruary 24, 2015
Volkswagen/Valeo was automotive manufacturing starting point, this was before just-in-time. Vertically integrated making our own stampings, tube forming, fin stamping, bonding, cleaning, painting, injection molding of HVAC housings, assembly and shipping, many experiences. Company offered promotion opportunities from a Union shop.
Pros
supported creative thinking to solve problems and rewarded results
Cons
uaw
great place to work
Funding Representative (Current Employee) –  libertyville, ILFebruary 7, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy VW Credit Inc, every one who works there is very friendly and the company has a very strong company culture. The management is very helpful and insightful, and answered questions/problems in a very timely manner
Pros
great company culture
Cons
a lot of temp employees, can take a long time to get hired in
productive assembly line position
Body Shop Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 3, 2015
Did swing shifts didnt enjoy changing shifts every 2 weeks. Not a very helpful work environment, coworker usually dont have time to help if anything went wrong with machine. Great Pay and lots of hours, would consider returning to job.
volkswagen
Assembly Line Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 30, 2015
we work 10 hour days typically 6 days a week with rotating shifts which means we work day shift 2 weeks then we work night shift
for the next 2 week
Excellent auto group to work for,
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Njys CAJanuary 28, 2015
Small dealership environment. Good people and great product.

4.2