Volland Electric was founded in 1943 by Alexander T. Volland, as an electric motor repair shop on Ellicott St., Buffalo, NY. In 1946 the company moved to 1511 Niagara St. Then, in 1991 moved to its present location at 75 Innsbruck Dr., Buffalo, NY. Mr. Volland remained active in the business, until his death in 1975.
Today, the company is still family run. Now owned by E. Ron Graham, son-in-law of Mr. Volland. Ron described Mr. Volland as a hardworking and conscientious man, who saw the need for quality, on-time rebuilding of electric motors during the World War II period shortage of new motors.
Mr. Graham noted that the anticipation of customer needs, and a commitment to provide quality customer service in a timely, economical fashion, lives on in the firm today. This philosophy has contributed to the company's longevity. Additionally, Graham noted factors like adapting to keep up with the times and maintaining a wide customer base. Also, culturing a family of dedicated, highly trained, long-term employees that have made it possible for the Volland company to prosper for over 55 years.
Over the years, Volland Electric has diversified into the sale of electric motors, controls and power transmission products. Volland also moved into the sale and service of cranes and hoists, welders, transformers, magnets and pumps. The firm is a Master Distributor Center for many repair part lines. – less – More from ZoomInfo »