VOLT WORKFORCE

VOLT WORKFORCE Employer Reviews

Clean place to work at, access to computers in breakrooms
Parenteral Packaging Operator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2014
My job is primarily introducing products to the line, checking for quality and helping my team mates run the line while keeping it organized. Since I took over this particular job, I have learned the basics of PMX, introducing materials to the line,and using manual/electronic pallet jacks, as well as scanning materials.
I enjoy coming to work knowing – more... that I am making a difference in someone's life since I work in the pharmaceutical department,
as well as the team work effort from my co-workers makes it enjoyable to show up for work, while learning something new every day.
The hardest part of this job is staying on top of the GMPD because of the constant demand and changes that comes with running a pharmaceutical department, and the legality of it, that adds on to MORE documentation. In addition, working 12hr shifts, which can sometimes make it challenging to balance life in general.
I enjoy my work because of the people that I work with are mindful, respectful and fun to work with. In addition, I enjoy the idea that it keeps me physically and mentally challenged, every day I'm learning something new. – less
Good temp agency
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee), Mabank, TXJuly 6, 2014
Pros: quick to find a job
Cons: it's a temp agengy
This is a good Temporary agency to work for. They are very professional and precise with their actions and taking care of the needs of employees. The particular representative at our facility seemed to genuinely care for the individual worker.
Great work environment
Technical Advisor (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJune 30, 2014
Great place to work. Fun environment. Great management team!
quiet setting
Enrollment specialist/Recon (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJune 23, 2014
Pros: hours and pay good
Cons: sitting for long periods
I very quiet setting within the building with the touch of a keyboard from every corner.. I learned a lot of data entry and a good brush up on my over all typing and 10 key. The hardest part is sitting all day, but enjoyed the hours that they had and offered overtime when needed
A good agency to work for
Digital Specialist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 10, 2014
Pros: understanding, frendly, flexible, and caring
Cons: limited jobs and benefits
The agency placed people in different job to perform various types of work. They have a great group of people who manage the sites.
Good for temp work
Lillian Vernon Temp (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 23, 2014
Pros: working, getting paid
Cons: doesn't last long enough, scheduled potty breaks, not 40 hours
Seemed good for temporary work. Lillian Vernon (where I was placed for seasonal help) asked me to extend and Volt allowed it. There was no work offered for months after that though. They have something similar to a non-compete order. Lillian Vernon was 8 hour shifts but you had to clock out for a 30 minute dinner break so you only got 7.5 hours of work- – more... not a 40 hour job. – less
New Scope of Work that's Productive
Construction Management Project Administrator (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAMay 1, 2014
Pros: easy work day. elaborate files.
Cons: no healthcare, commute to the job over 45 miles one way.
URS Corp. is excellent to work for. I am working with County Executives and Sheriff's Office, as well as a well established global Construction Management company. The 4 people that are the staff along with me are very team oriented. I learned many things of construction management and how the functions work from the start of construction to the finish. – more... My duties was project administration. – less
A regular temp agency
Material Handler (Former Employee), Durham, NCApril 16, 2014
Was given an opportunity to work for a limited time and that's it.
Awesome staff, very professional and willing to help always
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Paso Robles, CAFebruary 7, 2014
I was only there for a short time, during which time we broke down some heavy equipment for shipping, cleaned and prepared the area for another printing press. Great teamwork.
Productive work place, fast paced, busy
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 27, 2013
I really enjoyed working with my 5 other co-workers which included 2 managers, and 3 other data entry clerks. We worked together as a great team to get everything done by our 3:00 deadline.
I think the hardest part of the job was trying to read the writing on the applications ,and getting all 118 applications (which were divided between 4 of us) processed – more... into the system without any delays.
I learned alot about how FedEx driver application process works, there is alot of detailed information that has to be looked at.
The management in the office I worked in was really good and very fair in my opinion. – less
Overall well organized
Outside Machinist-San Diego, CA (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 5, 2013
Pros: working hours
Cons: short lunch
Decent place to work with great hours. Typical day consists of arriving to work 6 am learning the plan of the day and carrying out that plan. Usually off by 230 but if not overtime is paid time and a half.
It's a pretty reliable temp agency
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CADecember 3, 2013
Pros: they find you work.
Cons: the work is only temporary
Pretty good at finding you work but its a temp agency. There is not really much to tell because its a temp agency that finds you work but its only temporary.
You can go anywhere
On-site Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 12, 2013
You can go anywhere with Volt. It's a great way to break into a new city of check out a new field. Good way to network and meet people too.
I get many jobs with Volt Workforce Solutions. The staff is very willing to help me find a job.
Product Assembler (Former Employee), Roseville, CAOctober 25, 2013
Pros: lots of jobs, lots of client sites to work for
Cons: short assignments
A typical day of work is fulfilling. Job easy to do, needs a little more challanging assignments. All the managers I've worked for are fair. Just wish I knew why assignment so short -- worked at one client for two and half months and Volt told me client told Volt -- job r.i. f. (workforce reduction) of temps was due to a Government shutdown. When let – more... go at the client site, the production manager at the client site said "You guys did such a great job helping MLS electronics (Department) get caught up with the production need." There's a little inconsistency here.

I enjoyed working with the co-workers at the client site. – less
Enjoyed communicating with my co-workers
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Sandy Springs, GAOctober 17, 2013
I'm an easy going person when it comes to getting alone with my co-workers.I like to be around people who like to get the job done first.
Could be better
Brazil Customer Service - Direct Dispatch (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: if you are desperate without faith, it is a good choice for a job
Cons: they are extremelly out of line and they don't treat you well.
I don't have nothing to claim since I am against workforce solutions in general.
productive and interesting department to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: free coffe or tea
This was an inbound call center for student loans, giving the borrower the opportunity to consolidated all their loans into one loan. The supervisor was very friendly and helpful when you had problems or questions. This was a 40 hour job with some overtime.
Team Work
EHS Associate (Former Employee), Peoria, ILAugust 28, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: no paid vacation or sick leave
The client allowed a flexible work schedule to achieve maximum work-life balance. Management was firm yet friendly and they made sure they knew everyone by name and something about them. It wasn't unusual to discuss your weekend with the boss. My supervisor and work team were outstanding. They worked together as a team for the good of the company and – more... they were always willing to lend a hand or offer advise when needed.

There were a few difficult personalities in other departments. We agreed that we were all working toward a common goal, but getting there in different ways. Once the project was explained and understood by all, everything went smoothly. – less
Another Experience
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Gold River, CAAugust 20, 2013
The hardest part of the job was when I was unable to assist a customer that was upset. The most enjoyable part was hitting the department goals or selling our products.
Friendly Staff
Administrative Assistant II - Contract (Current Employee), Aliso Viejo, CAAugust 13, 2013
Pros: great contract
They have always been readily available for me when I have questions.